PDA

View Full Version : Trippin’ Tuesday: Spice added to Vikes-Pack rivalry

marstc09
08-11-2008, 10:10 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-trippintuesday081208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

By Michael Silver, Yahoo! Sports

“I’m going to try to crush all of ‘em,” Williams said. “That’s been the focus of my whole summer – the Green Bay Packers.”

“Playing Green Bay on Monday night to start the season – that’s everything you want,” Allen said. “Hopefully, I can put my helmet square in the back of his spine. If I can do that and knock the ball loose, it’ll be a good day.”

marstc09
08-11-2008, 10:11 PM
“They had a nice year last year, but they don’t understand that Brett made those guys better than they were,” Williams said. “He has the game all figured out, and you’ve got to factor all that into the equation. Brett Favre would throw the ball when the receivers hadn’t even made their cut yet, and it would be there waiting for them. Those guys had it good.

“People think it’s the system, but it ain’t no damn system. Brett Favre just knows where his guys are going to be at all times, and I don’t think Aaron Rodgers has got that yet.”

Boy that is what I have been stressing this whole time!

Krumb
08-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Pat Williams is my absolute favorite player , I love the fact he's running his mouth , two vocal leaders that can back it up on the field and will come Monday Night.

erik5032
08-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Remember when the French said "The Americans? we are going to crush them" sounds familiar
:o I hope it doesn't bite us in jiggly butt as well.

I love this quote though...

“Playing Green Bay on Monday night to start the season – that’s everything you want,” Allen said. “Hopefully, I can put my helmet square in the back of his spine. If I can do that and knock the ball loose, it’ll be a good day.”

johnnyfrey12
08-12-2008, 12:48 AM
"erik5032" wrote:

Remember when the French said "The Americans? we are going to crush them" sounds familiar
:o I hope it doesn't bite us in jiggly butt as well.

I love this quote though...

That's what I want, pure hatred.
There just hasn't really been enough since John Randle left.
I want the Vikings players to dream about destroying the Packers.
Like all the great rivalries, I know the Red Sox get amped when they go to New York, I know Georgia-Florida in the Cocktail party fuels the hatred.
I'm glad to see Allen and Pat bringin' some of that killer instinct to the Vikings.

i_bleed_purple
08-12-2008, 12:53 AM
gotta love some of the comments on the bottom

“Michael, thank you for the article! As you see, I’m from the heartland of Packerland and am disgusted that everyone is so blindly following this ‘God’ that was once a great, selfless football player but is now his own ego’s worst enemy. The insane ‘Favre no matter what’ fans are driving myself, and all of my family and friends in Wisconsin, nuts! They need to open their eyes and see how Brett has played the team and fans like a puppet the last 4-5 years, and is now trying to stage his final act. Unfortunately for him, the Packers management has had enough and I am so proud of them for standing up to him and sticking its ground! Wake up Brett! I have loved to watch you play for many years but you do not walk on water. This whole situation is like a bad car accident. You try to look away but just can’t. Please, please let it end soon and let him move on way down in Tampa Bay! Aaron Rodgers has a team that he is concerned about and needs to get ready for the season. Thanks again for the article, you were right on point! I’ve lived it for too many years and am no longer seeing Favre thru rose-colored glasses. Unfortunately the good times are getting clouded now.”

StillPurple
08-12-2008, 01:04 AM
God, I love this. I was just telling someone tonight how I am looking forward to this game. Our defense is going to fricking DESTROY the Packers on Monday Night Football. And Madden will be talking Favre the entire time. God, I can't wait !!

PS - the Packers, the only team in the NFL with MALE cheerleaders. Nuff said.

Prophet
08-12-2008, 01:59 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-trippintuesday081208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

By Michael Silver, Yahoo! Sports

“I’m going to try to crush all of ‘em,” Williams said. “That’s been the focus of my whole summer – the Green Bay Packers.”

Gotta love that quote.

BloodyHorns82
08-12-2008, 02:06 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

“They had a nice year last year, but they don’t understand that Brett made those guys better than they were,” Williams said. “He has the game all figured out, and you’ve got to factor all that into the equation. Brett Favre would throw the ball when the receivers hadn’t even made their cut yet, and it would be there waiting for them. Those guys had it good.

“People think it’s the system, but it ain’t no damn system. Brett Favre just knows where his guys are going to be at all times, and I don’t think Aaron Rodgers has got that yet.”

Roger made some damn nice throws in his pre-season debut.
The one interception he threw wasn't even his fault.
He peaked my interest.
This kid is no blow over like everyone has him pegged.

The good news is we should still be able to expect some rookie mistakes...hopefully for us it will come Monday night when all the pressure is on and Allen is gunning for his spinal cord.
8)

i_bleed_purple
08-12-2008, 02:22 PM
so did TJ last year.

BleedinPandG
08-12-2008, 02:26 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

“People think it’s the system, but it ain’t no gol 'darnit system. Brett Favre just knows where his guys are going to be at all times, and I don’t think Aaron Rodgers has got that yet.”

Roger made some gol 'darnit nice throws in his pre-season debut.
He peaked my interest.

The good news is we should still be able to expect some rookie mistakes...hopefully for us it will come Monday night when all the pressure is on and Allen is gunning for his spinal cord.
8)

Nice throws?
I watched the first half, he didn't do anything to impress.
The only nice throw he made was on the deep sideline throw and really, the CB played that like crap and got himself turned around for an easy catch.
He missed a WIDE open receiver on his other deep throw, got his receivers KILLED at least 3 different times (one of which resulted in the INT and a 2nd one which should've if the Safety didn't have his head up his jiggly butt).
I think you definitely saw a difference between what Favre knew was open and what AaRod thought was open only to have a S or CB close and destroy a wideout.

He's going to get his guys hurt doing what he did last night.
The completions he made were nice easy pitch and catch throws over 10 yards or less.
Most times he stared his receiver down the entire time.
He looked like a guy making his first start.

I don't think he did bad, but I think he showed he's still green.

NodakPaul
08-12-2008, 02:32 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

“People think it’s the system, but it ain’t no gol 'darnit system. Brett Favre just knows where his guys are going to be at all times, and I don’t think Aaron Rodgers has got that yet.”

He peaked my interest.

8)

I don't think anyone had him pegged as a blow over.
But in all fairness, he only looked OK in preseason.
Some throws were nice, some were not.
And they were playing the Bengals, whose defense was in the bottom 10 last year.

I was happy to see that Rodgers had NO time in the pocket at all.
And again, this was the Bengals, who had a league low of 22 sacks last year.
If they can get to the QB on a constant basis, I can't wait to see what JA can do on September 8th.

NodakPaul
08-12-2008, 02:33 PM
"BleedinPandG" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

He peaked my interest.

8)

Nice throws?
The only nice throw he made was on the deep sideline throw and really, the CB played that like crap and got himself turned around for an easy catch.
He missed a WIDE open receiver on his other deep throw, got his receivers KILLED at least 3 different times (one of which resulted in the INT and a 2nd one which should've if the Safety didn't have his head up his jiggly butt).
I think you definitely saw a difference between what Favre knew was open and what AaRod thought was open only to have a S or CB close and destroy a wideout.

The completions he made were nice easy pitch and catch throws over 10 yards or less.

You and I were definately watching the same game BleedinPandG. ;)

jmcdon00
08-12-2008, 02:39 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"BleedinPandG" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

He peaked my interest.

8)

Nice throws?

Or were you both wearing the same purple shades?

COJOMAY
08-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Probably if TJ had done that we would have been praising him as the second coming of Obama!

BloodyHorns82
08-12-2008, 02:50 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"BleedinPandG" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

He peaked my interest.

8)

Nice throws?

That is what I'm thinking.
I saw several deadly rocket passes hitting players in the numbers for medium gains.

I will agree though that if he keeps throwing those types of balls that he is going to get his receivers injured.

NodakPaul
08-12-2008, 03:06 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Probably if TJ had done that we would have been praising him as the second coming of Obama!

Ummmm, TJ did better than Rodgers in the first preseason game.

TJack - 8-11 for 118 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 0 sacks.
QB rating = 137.69
Rodgers - 9-15 for 117 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 2 sacks
QB rating = 79.03

Tjack looked good, Rodgers looked OK at best.
I think Rodgers will be fine this year, but he still made more poor throws or bad reads than good ones. However, since it was the first preseason game, I am not putting much stock in either performance.

johnnyfrey12
08-12-2008, 05:04 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

He peaked my interest.

8)

The TD he threw wasn't his own doing either.
Not to mention, the WR's bailed him out on some throws that were high and away.

Formo
08-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Does anyone remember a few years ago, on Sunday Night Football the Vikings were playing at Green Bay, and the pregame thing they did was a montage with "Why Can't We Be Friends?" as the song?
They had snippets of fans of both teams bashing the opposing team, Hovan was amping up K-Will (it was his rookie year)..
And K-Will is like, "Apparently, we don't like the Packers much".

It's about time the Vikings start getting more heated against the Pack.
I miss the Randal days because of that.

johnnyfrey12
08-12-2008, 09:32 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"BleedinPandG" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

He peaked my interest.

8)

Nice throws?

No they were correct.
They were easy pitch and catch throws, and they weren't all that great of throws either.

josdin00
08-13-2008, 01:47 PM
Personally, this was my favorite quote:

“Damn, that’s their problem,” Williams said. “They’re going through all that as a team, trying to figure out if Favre or (Aaron) Rodgers was the man, while we’ve got the same team we had all offseason. I’m glad they got all that darn press, ‘cause when we go down there it’ll be the kid’s first start and his first damn loss.”

Phat Pat is getting Pheisty!

Marrdro
08-13-2008, 02:09 PM
I still contend that sometimes (heck most of the time) the comments are better than the articles.
In this case, the emails.....

“Mike, (expletive) you! No (expletive) you! Farve doesn’t have to prove (expletive) to some (expletive) like you. If the Packers had any class they’d cut him or trade him. Your one dishonest (expletive)! Go (expletive) yourself. I can’t believe they pay you to write this (expletive). Go (expletive) yourself! (Expletive) (Expletive).”

Quote from: marstc09 on Yesterday at 02:11:04 am

You don't think that the reason he know when/were his recievers were gonna be was because he had been in the system that long and new it back and forth?

i_bleed_purple
08-13-2008, 02:12 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

I still contend that sometimes (heck most of the time) the comments are better than the articles.

“Mike, (expletive) you! No (expletive) you! Farve doesn’t have to prove (expletive) to some (expletive) like you. If the Packers had any class they’d cut him or trade him. Your one dishonest (expletive)! Go (expletive) yourself. I can’t believe they pay you to write this (expletive). Go (expletive) yourself! (Expletive) (Expletive).”

You don't think that the reason he know when/were his recievers were gonna be was because he had been in the system that long and new it back and forth?

but the players are different.
Timings different.
How Javon Walker ran his routes, is probably different than how Jennings runs his routes.

Marrdro
08-13-2008, 02:22 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

but the players are different.
Timings different.
How Javon Walker ran his routes, is probably different than how Jennings runs his routes.

Its still the system and the familiarity (timing) of that system my friend regardless of how they run thier routes.

Say for instance that Walker was supposed to run a 15 yard hook and gets jammed at the line delaying his route, he has a clock in his head that lets him know how long its gonna take for Lord Dickhead to drop back in either a 3, 5, 7 step drop and he breaks it off in the time allowed regardless of the intended depth of 15 yards.

Just like its the responsiblity of the WR to also know that a S is coming off the edge.
He knows that he can't get to that 15 yard hook in time so he makes an adjustment.
Again, all taught via the system and practiced so that the WR and QB have the timing.

i_bleed_purple
08-13-2008, 02:28 PM
so you think that regardless of who the recievers are, a qb needs no time to get to know how they'll react to certain situations?
The credit for green Bay's success goes to Favre, not matter how much you hate him.
The recievers keep on changing, yet he's a HOF worthy qb.
Funny how that works.

Marrdro
08-13-2008, 02:51 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

so you think that regardless of who the recievers are, a qb needs no time to get to know how they'll react to certain situations? The credit for green Bay's success goes to Favre, not matter how much you hate him.
Funny how that works.

Negative my friend.
You must have missed the inclusion of the word "Timing" in my post.

By the way, how fast have those recievers changed out?
Without pulling up the old rosters, and if memory serves, he has had several on that team that were there for several years.

The credit for green Bay's success goes to Favre, not matter how much you hate him.

First, I think I use (might have slipped a time or two) disdain instead of hate.
We are talking sports and athletes here.
Hate is such a dirty dirty word.
;D

Second, go find me a place once were I said that he wasn't talented or wasn't a key to thier success.
Again, I might have slipped up a few times but most of my comments on Lord Dickhead have been as a Vikings Fan and a Fan of the NFL.

As a Vikings fan I despise him, as a fan of the game I readilly admit that he is one of the best to ever play the game.

Please please don't try to mix apples and oranges or put words in my mouth.
You might not only confuse a yutz like me but other people on here as well.
;D

i_bleed_purple
08-13-2008, 02:56 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

so you think that regardless of who the recievers are, a qb needs no time to get to know how they'll react to certain situations? The credit for green Bay's success goes to Favre, not matter how much you hate him.
Funny how that works.

Negative my friend.

Without pulling up the old rosters, and if memory serves, he has had several on that team that were there for several years.

First, I think I use (might have slipped a time or two) disdain instead of hate.

;D

Second, go find me a place once were I said that he wasn't talented or wasn't a key to thier success.
Again, I might have slipped up a few times but most of my comments on Lord Dickhead have been as a Vikings Fan and a Fan of the NFL.

As a Vikings fan I despise him, as a fan of the game I readilly admit that he is one of the best to ever play the game.

;D

The reason I thought that, was because the way you described things, the recievers do all the work, but adjusting their routes, so all favre has to do is drop back, wind up and throw, When in fact, favre has to realize that the reciever is changing his route, and adjust his throw accordingly.
sorry if i misinterpreted you.

Marrdro
08-13-2008, 03:07 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Funny how that works.

Negative my friend.

;D

;D

The reason I thought that, was because the way you described things, the recievers do all the work, but adjusting their routes, so all favre has to do is drop back, wind up and throw, When in fact, favre has to realize that the reciever is changing his route, and adjust his throw accordingly.
sorry if i misinterpreted you.

I hear ya.
It does fall on the QB but the WR's also have to know whats up as well in alot of areas.
It isn't like the QB sits back there and waits for them to come open. Alot of times the QB will throw before the WR even gets there if things are clicking right.

To do that, the WR's need to know alot of stuff/adjustments especially if thier is a blitz making them the hot read.
They need to know that if they are in a timed route and can't get to the spot on time cause of being jammed the QB will recognize that and adjust his throw, forcing them to break it off sooner so they are at the new spot etc etc.

Again, all props to Lord Favreeeeee, but he isn't doing it all on his own.
It is the system and the familiarity (timing) of the system for everyone on it.

josdin00
08-13-2008, 04:59 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Its still the system and the familiarity (timing) of that system my friend regardless of how they run thier routes.

Say for instance that Walker was supposed to run a 15 yard hook and gets jammed at the line delaying his route, he has a clock in his head that lets him know how long its gonna take for Lord Dickhead to drop back in either a 3, 5, 7 step drop and he breaks it off in the time allowed regardless of the intended depth of 15 yards.

Just like its the responsiblity of the WR to also know that a S is coming off the edge.
He knows that he can't get to that 15 yard hook in time so he makes an adjustment.
Again, all taught via the system and practiced so that the WR and QB have the timing.

I fixed your first sentence. The specific system that the Packers have been using does not matter to this discussion. It can be generalized out of the equation. If Green Bay had been running any other system for the past 14 years, Brett and the receivers would be able to make the adjustments you mentioned. It is a mix of Favre's talent, and his familiarity/longevity with the offensive scheme (not necessarily the scheme itself) that let him do what he did in Green Bay.

Marrdro
08-13-2008, 08:21 PM
"josdin00" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

I fixed your first sentence. The specific system that the Packers have been using does not matter to this discussion. It can be generalized out of the equation. If Green Bay had been running any other system for the past 14 years, Brett and the receivers would be able to make the adjustments you mentioned. It is a mix of Favre's talent, and his familiarity/longevity with the offensive scheme (not necessarily the scheme itself) that let him do what he did in Green Bay.

You are correct in that statement, however, regardless of what system it is, he is still very familiar with it and knows it like the back of his hand.

Because he is that familiar with the system (again regardless of the system) he can make the necessary adjustments regardless of what happens.

On a side note:
I was listening to Kirwan on Sirius on the way home tonight.
He was talking about this very same thing (ironic huh) but related to the 49'rs and how/why Alex is struggling with the system and JTO isn't.

All of it comes back to the fact that one QB has more time in it than the other and (as he described it) he can see the plays in his head as he is calling the play.
What Lord Favreeeeee could do was see the play, and because of his longevity running that system, the possible adjustments the WR's would do/take based on thier coverages.

He used the dig pattern as a example (like I tried to do with the hook).
Typicall a WR will run a double stem (I call it the line) against the QB's drop if he doesn't meet any resistance before he makes the break.
If he does encounter a jam or something along that nature that slows his route to the spot, he shortens that stem (line).

Soooo, WR X is supposed to run a double line, the QB is taking a 5 step drop, the WR makes his break at 10 steps.
If the WR is jammed for a step he must be aware of the QB's time to drop and break off accordingly.

A QB such as Lord Favreeeeee can see that in his head when he is calling the play.

Anyway, even though I've tried twice it was better the way Kirwan explained it. A discussion like this is probably better served over a beer or two with a white/wipe board.

;D

Schutz
08-13-2008, 08:32 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"josdin00" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

You are correct in that statement, however, regardless of what system it is, he is still very familiar with it and knows it like the back of his hand.

Because he is that familiar with the system (again regardless of the system) he can make the necessary adjustments regardless of what happens.

On a side note:
I was listening to Kirwan on Sirius on the way home tonight.
He was talking about this very same thing (ironic huh) but related to the 49'rs and how/why Alex is struggling with the system and JTO isn't.

All of it comes back to the fact that one QB has more time in it than the other and (as he described it) he can see the plays in his head as he is calling the play.
What Lord Favreeeeee could do was see the play, and because of his longevity running that system, the possible adjustments the WR's would do/take based on thier coverages.

He used the dig pattern as a example (like I tried to do with the hook).
Typicall a WR will run a double stem (I call it the line) against the QB's drop if he doesn't meet any resistance before he makes the break.
If he does encounter a jam or something along that nature that slows his route to the spot, he shortens that stem (line).

Soooo, WR X is supposed to run a double line, the QB is taking a 5 step drop, the WR makes his break at 10 steps.
If the WR is jammed for a step he must be aware of the QB's time to drop and break off accordingly.

A QB such as Lord Favreeeeee can see that in his head when he is calling the play.

Anyway, even though I've tried twice it was better the way Kirwan explained it. A discussion like this is probably better served over a beer or two with a white/wipe board.

;D

So did they say how long it takes to learn a system?
I'm guessing 6-8 years to implement, over/under?

Marrdro
08-14-2008, 08:47 AM
"Schutz" wrote:

So did they say how long it takes to learn a system?
I'm guessing 6-8 years to implement, over/under?

You do crack me up my friend.

They actually talked about time to learn a system based on a callers question "Can Alex learn the system and how long", but they really didn't define it in a manner that is cut and dry.

Problem with the answer was they weren't sure because of the complexity of Martz's scheme.
They did go down the WCO path a bit though and said a guy should have it down by year 3 or 4 based on his ability to learn, how many reps he gets and the coaching staff.

gamecocksbaseball31
08-14-2008, 10:25 PM
Pat talked about this on PA and Dubay at Training Camp again today.
It was funny how he talked about Rodgers...
Plus, the whole D-line must be jacked up because I was talking with Jared Allen and someone yelled out "How are you going to hurt AR in Week 1?"
Allen replied with, "Well I am hoping we can dislocate something."
haha this guy just cracks me up...

VKG4LFE
08-15-2008, 11:23 AM
I just hope we don't give them too much bulletin board material. Things like this seem to always come back and bite people in the ass. Let's just go into lamboo and beat them!

dfosterf
08-15-2008, 11:29 AM
I really like the sign you'll be seeing in Lambeau in week 1:

Jared Allen
72 Million
Bernard Berrian
42 Million
Madieu Williams 33 Million

Watching the Packers crush the Vikings on Monday Night Football...

Priceless

VKG4LFE
08-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Good one.......just another idiotic cheesedick.

Marrdro
08-15-2008, 11:35 AM
"dfosterf" wrote:

I really like the sign you'll be seeing in Lambeau in week 1:

Jared Allen
72 Million
Bernard Berrian
42 Million
Madieu Williams 33 Million

Watching the Packers crush the Vikings on Monday Night Football...

Priceless

Time will tell my friend.
Time will tell.

Json
08-15-2008, 12:17 PM
After the 34-0 Ass whooping they put on us last year they better be extremely prepared to go into Lamblow and take the game away from them.
Rodgers or not, the Vikings must play a solid game. My biggest fear is our pass defense and Rodgers will be a great gauge on how far we have come in that regard.
If he lights us up, prepare for another 8-8 season.

The only thing that worries me is these fricken cheeseheads will be all over Rodgers jock in the beginning of the game and either a couple quick 3 and outs will help but a INT out the gate will move the crowd against him much quicker and has great potential of getting out of hand for the Pack.

Prophet
08-15-2008, 12:18 PM
"Json" wrote:

After the 34-0 Ass whooping they put on us last year they better be extremely prepared to go into Lamblow and take the game away from them.
Rodgers or not, the Vikings must play a solid game. My biggest fear is our pass defense and Rodgers will be a great gauge on how far we have come in that regard.

The only thing that worries me is these fricken cheeseheads will be all over Rodgers jock in the beginning of the game and either a couple quick 3 and outs will help but a INT out the gate will move the crowd against him much quicker and has great potential of getting out of hand for the Pack.

That's what I'm looking forward to.

C Mac D
08-15-2008, 12:19 PM
"Json" wrote:

+1

dfosterf
08-15-2008, 12:30 PM
"Json" wrote:

After the 34-0 jiggly butt whooping they put on us last year they better be extremely prepared to go into Lamblow and take the game away from them.

One other thing you might be concerned about regarding the cheeseheads - we are not particularly pleased with the unveiled threat made against our QB by your moron high-priced free agent pickup. I may be a stupid cheesedick sheepherder, but I do possess the requisite intellect to have read how bent out of shape many of you in this forum were last year when Al Harris took out Adrian Peterson.
I think the accusatory thread went on for, what, WEEKS?.
Contrast that with your 72 million dollar did nothing against Green Bay last year for example attempt at buying a pass-rush aquisition running his BIG MOUTH about what he is going to do to Aaron Rodgers SPINE, coupled with the potential loss of Bryant McKinnie, and I would submit that Mr. Artis Hicks, for example, might find that he wished Jared Allens mouth hadn't put his (Hicks') hummingbird a$$ on the line, or for that matter, Mr. Jackson's.
Food for thought as you contemplate another paper super bowl.

Marrdro
08-15-2008, 12:35 PM
"dfosterf" wrote:

"Json" wrote:

After the 34-0 jiggly butt whooping they put on us last year they better be extremely prepared to go into Lamblow and take the game away from them.

One other thing you might be concerned about regarding the cheeseheads - we are not particularly pleased with the unveiled threat made against our QB by your silly guy high-priced free agent pickup. I may be a stupid cheesedick sheepherder, but I do possess the requisite intellect to have read how bent out of shape many of you in this forum were last year when Al Harris took out Adrian Peterson.
Contrast that with your 72 million dollar did nothing against Green Bay last year for example attempt at buying a pass-rush aquisition running his BIG MOUTH about what he is going to do to Aaron Rodgers SPINE, coupled with the potential loss of Bryant McKinnie, and I would submit that Mr. Artis Hicks, for example, might find that he wished Jared Allens mouth hadn't put his (Hicks') hummingbird a$$ on the line, or for that matter, Mr. Jackson's.

LOL,

I can remember some of the things we used to say at the High School Level.
Shoving your helmet into a guys spine is not only part of the game my friend, but pretty tame.

My head coach wanted to see a "Roughing the QB" in the first 3 plays or we all ran laps the first day of practice back, win or lose.

Lets remember this if football and by nature is a rough ass sport.
Taking out a player, although not politically correct in this day and age, isn't out of the question.

Do I think they are gonna try to hurt your QB on purpose?
Hell no, but I do think they are trying to mess with his head here a bit and will bounce him around a bit every chance they get, especially early.

As my ole Coach used to say.
Rough him up early and often and you will see him turn a bit gun shy as the game progresses.

johnnyfrey12
08-15-2008, 12:39 PM
"dfosterf" wrote:

"Json" wrote:

One other thing you might be concerned about regarding the cheeseheads - we are not particularly pleased with the unveiled threat made against our QB by your silly guy high-priced free agent pickup. I may be a stupid cheesedick sheepherder, but I do possess the requisite intellect to have read how bent out of shape many of you in this forum were last year when Al Harris took out Adrian Peterson.

Wow, so defensive.
That's usually a sign of a lack of confidence in one's position.
Perhaps you aren't so confident in your quarterback that has as many NFL starts as Britney Spears and I combined?
I just recommend you switch to decaf, that's all I'm saying. ;)

johnnyfrey12
08-15-2008, 12:40 PM
"dfosterf" wrote:

"Json" wrote:

One more thing, I'm going to save your post, and repost it to you via private message after week one. ::)

dfosterf
08-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Nah, I'm not that upset, just trying to let you see it from another perspective.
I did read A LOT of what could be charitably described as "concern" from many of you regarding AD-AP, whatever you call him being "cheap shotted" by Al Harris last year, to the point that I don't think decaf would have been much of a remedy.
As for confidence in my position... well, yet again this year, it would appear, on paper, fully backed by those giants of the intellectual community over at ESPN, that the Vikings are a virtual lock in the NFC North.
As for confidence in my QB, he has played more downs than Britney, but admittedly has less experience than her recovering from getting off of a flat back. ;D

Prophet
08-15-2008, 12:54 PM
"dfosterf" wrote:

Nah, I'm not that upset, just trying to let you see it from another perspective.
I did read A LOT of what could be charitably described as "concern" from many of you regarding AD-AP, whatever you call him being "cheap shotted" by Al Harris last year, to the point that I don't think decaf would have been much of a remedy.
As for confidence in my position... well, yet again this year, it would appear, on paper, fully backed by those giants of the intellectual community over at ESPN, that the Vikings are a virtual lock in the NFC North.
As for confidence in my QB, he has played more downs than Britney, but admittedly has less experience than her recovering from getting off of a flat back. ;D

Wow, you must be a Whoopie crotch sniffer (http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=34093.0) if you're still uptight about that hit.
Any fan of any team will pick apart a hit that injured their player.

I'm really looking forward to that game.

dfosterf
08-15-2008, 01:23 PM
"Kansas City Chiefs defensive back Fred "The Hammer" Williamson got his nickname for his signature hit, a clothesline-like tackle that left receivers loopy. He also hammered opponents with his mouth.
Before Super Bowl 1 he boasted that he would take out Green Bay's star receiver Boyd Dowler and bring down Carrol Dale soon after.
Instead THE HAMMER GOT HAMMERED and was knocked out of his super bowl by Green Bay."

Just a little history lesson.
Interesting that the hammer was a chief.
Oh, I think we won that game, too. Those DO count here, right?
I've read on this forum where the Pack only has 3 titles, but me being a dumb-a$$ sheepherder, I count 12, that would include the year we went undefeated, some 43 years before Mercury Morris' "neighborhood" which, unbeknownst to his arrogant jiggly butt, is made up of good, Wisconsin farmland.
In 13 games that year, Green Bay opponents scored a total of 22 points.
Makes my cheese- weeny stiff as aged cheddar just thinking about it.... ;D

Prophet
08-15-2008, 01:30 PM
"dfosterf" wrote:

"Kansas City Chiefs defensive back Fred "The Hammer" Williamson got his nickname for his signature hit, a clothesline-like tackle that left receivers loopy. He also hammered opponents with his mouth.
Before Super Bowl 1 he boasted that he would take out Green Bay's star receiver Boyd Dowler and bring down Carrol Dale soon after.
Instead THE HAMMER GOT HAMMERED and was knocked out of his super bowl by Green Bay."

Just a little history lesson.
Interesting that the hammer was a chief.
Oh, I think we won that game, too. Those DO count here, right?
I've read on this forum where the Pack only has 3 titles, but me being a dumb-a$$ sheepherder, I count 12, that would include the year we went undefeated, some 43 years before Mercury Morris' "neighborhood" which, unbeknownst to his arrogant jiggly butt, is made up of good, Wisconsin farmland.
In 13 games that year, Green Bay opponents scored a total of 22 points.
Makes my cheese- weeny stiff as aged cheddar just thinking about it.... ;D

lmao, funny stuff.

My grandfather won mvp in a flag football league in rural Minnesota during that same time period when the Packers' fans like to count championships. They played them that year and lost.
They must have really been good.

slavinator
08-15-2008, 01:36 PM
My grandfather won mvp in a flag football league in rural Minnesota during that same time period when the Packers' fans like to count championships. They played them that year and lost.
They must have really been good.

That is good Prophet............really good.

Just reminds me of the joke: How many packer fans does it take to change a light bulb?
15, one to change it, one to hold the ladder, and the other 13 to stand around and talk about how great the old bulb was.

The fumes of your aged cheddar and stale beer have gone to your head, silly packer fanz................

dfosterf
08-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Just reminds me of the joke: How many packer fans does it take to change a light bulb?
15, one to change it, one to hold the ladder, and the other 13 to stand around and talk about how great the old bulb was.

The fumes of your aged cheddar and stale beer have gone to your head, silly packer fanz................
[/quote]

... which reminds me of... How many Vikings fans does it take to change a lightbulb?
None, because the light from them burning their
season tickets in frustration is enough.

ThorSPL
08-15-2008, 02:16 PM
"dfosterf" wrote:

... which reminds me of... How many Vikings fans does it take to change a lightbulb?
None, because the light from them burning their
season tickets in frustration is enough.
[/quote]

Learn2Quote; it makes jokes that could have been somewhat funny actually have a chance.