PDA

View Full Version : Great game Vikes

GBMiah
01-10-2005, 12:18 AM
Must say that the Vikes came to play and took it to my pack. We were outclassed in pretty much every facet of the game.

The only thing I can dig the Vikes on were the relative closeness of the game despite all the turnovers.

Culpepper is the man in the NFC and should be starting over McNabb, well the more I think about it, its a travesty that he's not starting and McNabb is. You guys came to play today, which I knew you would. But I still thought we would as well and win another close one. The Pack disgraced the shrine of the league that is Lambeau Field.

I can however take some comfort in the fact that the media is now going to focus more on Moss' assanine actions after the TD then your actual win.

Its good to see that a few of you Vike fans recognize the actions and call them what they are. Im sorry but he really is an ass, the League said "we'll be in touch" when asked about Moss' actions. Its a shame that a man with his unlimited talent will likely not go down as one of the best because of the fact that he is a douche bag...

But enough about Moss...

Great game Vikes.

skogs02
01-10-2005, 12:22 AM
i find nothing wrong with his celebrations....and most of the packer fans i have talked to feel the same way...CYA IN PHILLY!

ultravikingfan
01-10-2005, 12:23 AM
"GBMiah" wrote:

Its good to see that a few of you Vike fans recognize the actions and call them what they are. Im sorry but he really is an butt, the League said "we'll be in touch" when asked about Moss' actions. Its a shame that a man with his unlimited talent will likely not go down as one of the best because of the fact that he is a douche bag...

But enough about Moss...

Great game Vikes.

So, Lawrence Taylor was not one of the best because he was a coke head then, right? There are many examples I could give you. Just because Moss his an attitude and swagger that the media does not like should not detract from his talent and abilities as one of the greatest WR's ever!

GBMiah
01-10-2005, 12:24 AM
"skogs02" wrote:

i find nothing wrong with his celebrations....and most of the packer fans i have talked to feel the same way...CYA IN PHILLY!

Rofl, now your just making things up.. What Packer fans have you talked to? Everyone and thier dad in the media is calling that act like it was. And most likely tomorrow your own press will say the same.

ultravikingfan
01-10-2005, 12:26 AM
Hey GBMiah, we do not care!!! We won!!! :bootyshake:

PacNWVike
01-10-2005, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the congrats! See you next year.

CanuckVike
01-10-2005, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the honourable post GB...we sure needed a win of this calibre and I enjoyed every minute of it because of who we were playing. My best buddy is Pack fan and we've been dueling for over 40 years now. As far as Randy goes...I love what he does to win games...I don't expect him to be a "leader" or a role model really...and yeah, he's an NFL "bad boy" to a degree...but so is Ray Lewis, TO and a bunch of others...there will always be some and you either live with it or ya don't. I'm still glad he's on our team.

GBMiah
01-10-2005, 12:42 AM
You just gotta hope that Karma doesnt exist, because Moss could be in trouble.. lol

A Coke addiction and acting like a complete jackass are different things. People sympathise with Coke addictions, people dont sympathise with jackassery. He's certianly on pace to go down as an all time great, but as you've found out in the last few weeks, that can be greatly influenced by the media. And the Media doesnt like yer boy right now.

ultravikingfan
01-10-2005, 12:47 AM
Maybe you sympathize with coke addicts, not me! How about Barry Bonds, one of the greats or no? Pete Rose?

PacNWVike
01-10-2005, 12:52 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Maybe you sympathize with coke addicts, not me! How about Barry Bonds, one of the greats or no? Pete Rose?

I agree with you Ultra. Some of us don't condone illegal drug use, and don't feel sorry for or admire those who live on the wild side and then pay for it.

GBMiah
01-10-2005, 12:55 AM
I always thought Pete Rose should be in the hall and should be recognized as one of the greatest of all time. Well, really he is anyway regardless of his hall status. I never understood baseballs focus on gambling over something else like substance abuse. Its an antiquated rule that stems from the Blacksox scandal. Back then gambling was about the worst you could do, but times have changed. Would you say betting on baseball is worse then beating your spouse? getting multiple drug convictions? They took sympathy on the drug addicts (which is fine) but punish the gamblers for life. ignoring the fact that gambling is just as addictive.

What was this thread about?

ultravikingfan
01-10-2005, 12:57 AM
You were conceding our victory and took some cheap stabs at Moss, remember?

GBMiah
01-10-2005, 01:22 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

You were conceding our victory and took some cheap stabs at Moss, remember?

Oh yes thats right. But they werent cheap stabs, they were intentional.

ultravikingfan
01-10-2005, 01:24 AM
Ok, I am done going back and forth with you. Don't say "Great Game Vikes" and then throw in your intentional cheap shots. Start a new thread for that. Have a nice day! :bootyshake:

WIsBiggestVikingsFan
01-10-2005, 06:39 AM
I told evryone here in Milwaukee that I could that we weren't afraid of the big bad Pack. Both games were decided by a total of LESS than a TD COMBINED so I knew we would more than just hang with them. Nice catch by Mike Tice...I think he may have made as many catches as Javon Walker did in the game. And don't get it twisted, I've been rooting for my boys ever since the days of Anthony Carter so don't ever mistake me for a bandwagon jumper. Four+ picks for Brett...that's the Favre we all know and love. I wish he would've had 6 like in St. Louis that time. That's why Dante's starting in the pro-bowl and Favre's only in the pro bowl if one of the NFC QBs backs out.....the same way Donald Driver became a pro-bowler that one year...because Randy Moss sat out. :rr: This was the collective face of Packer fans around here... :pale:

- Kevin K from the westside of Milwaukee, WI

Del Rio
01-10-2005, 08:20 AM
Nothing wrong with what he did. How about you cry about him handing footballs to kids after TD's?

This only reason I cringed when he did that was because I knew it was going to give something for you to cry about today.

Sometimes when you come so close to your opponents and you loose 2 times in close hard fought heart breaking games and the media counts you for dead and you come back in a huge game and "whoop dat ass" You can either

A) Take the high road and just go.
B) Rub salt in the wound and make it sting a little longer and I think after reading all those signs and after all the crap GB's fans have tried to put on US personally that was KARMA. Hope this one hurts for a while.

ultravikingfan
01-10-2005, 08:38 AM
We said Del Rio. Take your medicine Green Bay
Haunting memories:
:rr: :bootyshake: