PDA

View Full Version : Make room on the Bandwagon.....

Frozen Tundran
01-10-2005, 12:04 AM
...'cuz I'm coming on board!

Yes, believe it or not, now I am a Viking fan. For the rest of the year only of course, don't get the wrong idea. Naturally next year I'll be wanting to see my Packers stomp the Vikings flat, but for now I'd much rather see your team win the Superbowl than anyone else, and my passion for the game will almost match what it would be were it the Packers playing.

You see, despite me wanting to see your team beaten and humiliated every time we play each other--much like you did to us today--I actually root for the Vikings in virtually every game they play. I watch a lot of football, perhaps more than is good for me, and see at least half of each week's games--simultaneously of course some of the time. I must admit sometimes for strategic purposes I'll hope the Vike's lose to better our position in the standings so we'll get homefield advantage but am now wondering if I should re-think that strategy as well. It's really weird, but lately the Pack has had much more luck in the dome than we've had in Lambeau. Mike Sherman has built a team more suited for domes than the outside. Look at our recent games, in the Twinkiedome we've been ahead most of the game the last three times, and you had to come back to make a game of it, in Lambeau we've been behind almost all game, pulling two out due to fortious calls and remarkable plays at the exact right moment--not a position you should put yourself in.

At any rate, I must root for the Vikings now. It's like this Big Ten thing that permeates much of Wisconsin. We wanna see Michigan and Ohio State mashed up every week--except the week the play their Bowl Game and then they're on our side. It validates our personal struggle more in my opinion if the other is a team worth beating--and hating. I've no interest in belting about a hapless 6-10 team every year, like we do to the Pathetic Bears virtually every year. That's no fun, I like the rare campaigns like '01 when they went 13-3, yet lost two of those to the Packers. That is far more satisfying, I assure you. That's why you must win the Superbowl---then the Packers can enjoy the satisfaction of sweeping the NFL Champions next year, breaking your purple little Viking hearts and allowing us all to retort "FLUKE!!!" while you pedantically remind us that with their one (hypothetical of course--'Championship' being a foreign word to Minnesota football fans) SB win, they have won as many games that were called "Super Bowls" at the time as the Packers have. (Super Bowl I & II were entitled "AFL-NFL World Championship Game" or somesuch, the monniker "Super Bowl" was never used until the Jet's-Colts matchup in January of '69 aka 'Superbowl III)

Another reason is I am a real football fan and the Vikings have one of the best uniforms, logos and mystique of the NFL. I love the Purple and Gold with the minimalist helmet horn. Very distinctive and stylish. I just ate up all those NFL Films with their Wagnerian chords when the Vikings were presented and being part Viking myself with ancestors from Denmark, I think the whole idea of the Minnesota Vikings is pretty cool.

I also lived amongst you for a while, I went to The University of Minnesota-Duluth for two years before going back to the UW. I really enjoyed my stay, but could have done without the 36.9 inches of snow you dumped on me starting on Halloween of all times in 1991. It started snowing on a Thursday on the last day of OCTOBER and didn't stop until Saturday when there was three feet of snow on the ground, as that was the last (can you imagine why?) year opposite side parking started on November First in Duluth meaning cars got snowed in on both sides of the street in a town built by drunken Viking miners on a goddamn bluff with streets that look like something out of West Virginia. I worked part-time delivering pizzas in college and I worked through this, only getting Friday off after we closed up when a pizza was picked up by a snowmobiler. There was this insane street called"Martha Street' where I had to bomb a seven-way intersection--they have these in Duluth!!!--to get the momentum to make it all the way to the top for some delieveries. And I did it--crazy stupid college kid--and made it every time.

I also got to meet your 'Purple People-Eaters' at the Miller Hill Mall while I was up there. Alan Page, Jim Marshall, Carl Eller, Gary Larson and Doug Sutherland I think the last guy's name was, showed up and I ran into them on accident not design and it was a magical moment. I then realized what a tragedy it was they didn't win a Super Bowl. I later became engrossed in analyzing football statistics and noticed how truly dominant that defense was--the best of all time in fact, over an extended period and by year as well.

So, please take down Philly, exorcize your ghosts in Atlanta and perhaps with Pittsburgh as well. You're by far and away the best NFL 'story' left with a shot at the Super Bowl. To win one as the underdog would be especially sweet.

Go Vikes go!!!

:-)

ultravikingfan
01-10-2005, 12:08 AM
Sorry, I would NEVER jump on the Pac's bandwagon! Yuck!!! Pick another team please.

VikesFan111
01-10-2005, 12:11 AM
wow

zeppelin4534
01-10-2005, 12:15 AM
ARE YOU INSANE? what the hell are you talking about? you're jumping from the pack to the vikings, i mean, i always would like to see more viking fans, but wow, youre really really really stupid, im sorry. god i cant even fathom someone doing something so stupid.

ultravikingfan
01-10-2005, 12:19 AM
And you call yourself a Packers fan? I actually feel bad for the Packers. And you for typing so much nonsense! :roll:

Frozen Tundran
01-10-2005, 12:26 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

And you call yourself a Packers fan? I actually feel bad for the Packers. And you for typing so much nonsense! :roll:

Nah, I just love football and had a few drinks watching the game, nevermind.

I don't think you have to hate the Vikings to love the Packers, I think that's kinda weird myself. Bears fans think that way, and we're both a cut above them I would hope....

;-)

ultravikingfan
01-10-2005, 12:32 AM
"Frozen Tundran" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Nah, I just love football and had a few drinks watching the game, nevermind.

I don't think you have to hate the Vikings to love the Packers, I think that's kinda weird myself. Bears fans think that way, and we're both a cut above them I would hope....

;-)

Well at least we can agree on one thing!

Frozen Tundran
01-10-2005, 12:36 AM
"zeppelin4534" wrote:

ARE YOU INSANE? what the hell are you talking about? you're jumping from the pack to the vikings, i mean, i always would like to see more viking fans, but wow, youre really really really stupid, im sorry. god i cant even fathom someone doing something so stupid.

Who the hell do you expect me to root for? The Goddamn Eagles? Yuck! The Martzian Rams? The Fluttery Falcons? Bleech!

I'm addicted to football, I gotta root for someone when I watch though--it's in my blood. We're out of it and I gotta pick someone 'cuz I gotta watch the rest of the games--it's my fix. This year it's gonna be the Vikings, as diststeful as that might be to you, me being a degenerate Packer Fan and all.

WBLVikeBabe
01-10-2005, 01:08 AM
Ok this guy must not be a true Packers fan then cause no "Packers" fan in their right mind would even consider rooting for the Vikings under any circumstance. I know that I would probably kill myself before i rooted for the Pack (well that's a little exreme) but you know what i mean.

truvikefan
01-10-2005, 01:10 AM
Honestly if vikings were out and pack was going up agaisnt atlanta like they would have i would go for atlanta to win super bowl because i hate greenbay and Phily with a passion.

ultravikingfan
01-10-2005, 01:10 AM
"Frozen Tundran" wrote:

"zeppelin4534" wrote:

Who the hell do you expect me to root for? The Goddamn Eagles? Yuck! The Martzian Rams? The Fluttery Falcons? Bleech!

I'm addicted to football, I gotta root for someone when I watch though--it's in my blood. We're out of it and I gotta pick someone 'cuz I gotta watch the rest of the games--it's my fix. This year it's gonna be the Vikings, as diststeful as that might be to you, me being a degenerate Packer Fan and all.

You original post did not say "root" but that you are now a Viking fan. Get with the program. Just pretend you did not even come here and crawl back into the woods! We have plenty of true fans here.

VikingsTw
01-10-2005, 01:11 AM
Not necasarilly people, some fans are different, they give respect to who beat them and they go with that team. He's not saying hes turning into a viking fan but he's saying, there exiting, culpepper is a great guy, there the underdogs. Hell why not?

Frozen Tundran
01-10-2005, 01:14 AM
"kinkel" wrote:

Ok this guy must not be a true Packers fan then cause no "Packers" fan in their right mind would even consider rooting for the Vikings under any circumstance. I know that I would probably kill myself before i rooted for the Pack (well that's a little exreme) but you know what i mean.

Different generation, different traditions I guess. Nevemind, I know a lot of Viking Fans who rooted for the Pack when we had a chance and the Vikes didn't, like '96. That Gansta Chicago 'My second favorite team is whoever plays the Packers/Cubs/White Sox' weirdness doesn't sell with a lot of people who really love football....

ultravikingfan
01-10-2005, 01:17 AM
I apologize if I seem harsh. I believe that you have 1 team and 1 team only. Thats just me. But, I do believe that you can pull for a team if it directly helps you out. Like the situations with St. Louis and Carolina last week. As for me: Vikings, Twins, Wolves, Wild.

BigEasyViking
01-10-2005, 01:35 AM
WOW!

Now I am truely speechless. A Packer rooting for the Vikes? I didn'g ever think that I would live to see the day. Anyways, thanks for the vote of confidence, and I hope that you are right with your prediction. I am right there with you though, after last year when the Pack made the playoffs at our expense, after the cussing, yelling, and feeling sorry for all of us Viking Fan's. I caught myself rooting for the pack myself in the Eagles game. I don't really know if I was rooting for the Pack or for Favre, but I guess that it's kind of like that rival that you love to hate type deal. As much as I hate to see the Packers do well, I guess that if it isn't us then it might as well be somebody from our division. Who know's but again thanks for being a good sport and trust me we can always use another voice cheering us on! Even if it is a Packer at the other end of it? :pukeright:

Frozen Tundran
01-10-2005, 01:45 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

You original post did not say "root" but that you are now a Viking fan. Get with the program. Just pretend you did not even come here and crawl back into the woods! We have plenty of true fans here.

Hrm...that brings to mind an interesting question: what sort of bizarre initiations should I have to endure to prove my worthiness as a (temporary) Vikings Fan? I fear they might involve lutefisk and mosquitos. Sensitivity training perchance? I'm sure you'll think of something.

The funny thing is I probably rooted for Viking teams long before you did. I rooted passionately for the Vikings team that lost Super Bowl IX, I was just a little kid watching my first super bowl and remember it vividly. I earned my last spanking as a child sneaking peeks at Superbowl XI when I was grounded, passionately rooting for the Vikes against the Raiders. Remember the year Muss Brentburger told us the Vikes were eliminated and then had to eat his words seconds later when Ahmad Rashad pulled out a miracle against Cleveland? That just made my day when I was a kid.

So I'll root for who I wish, giving your shallow definition the respect that it deserves. There really are guys who are fans of the game itself, the pagentry, the drama, the strategic struggles, the history and the personal triumphs and lows. I'm one of those, and it transcends your paradigm of fandom from my perspective.

To each their own.

vegasvike
01-10-2005, 02:58 AM
hey I know that this is crazy I understand what Fro-Tun is saying. He is just really showin support for the NFC NORSE. People lood at me strange when I say that I like Favre but I hate the pack, they always say how do you hate the pack but like Favre when Favre IS the pack?

Caine
01-10-2005, 04:42 AM
Tundran,

That has got to be one of the BEST posts I have ever read. While I personally cheer for anyone BUT the Packers in reverse situations, I understood everything you said, and agreed with most of it.

I get the feeling that you're the kind of fan it would be fun to have a beer (or 12) during the game with.

Caine

Caine
01-10-2005, 04:44 AM
"Frozen Tundran" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Hrm...that brings to mind an interesting question: what sort of bizarre initiations should I have to endure to prove my worthiness as a (temporary) Vikings Fan? I fear they might involve lutefisk and mosquitos. Sensitivity training perchance? I'm sure you'll think of something.

The funny thing is I probably rooted for Viking teams long before you did. I rooted passionately for the Vikings team that lost Super Bowl IX, I was just a little kid watching my first super bowl and remember it vividly. I earned my last spanking as a child sneaking peeks at Superbowl XI when I was grounded, passionately rooting for the Vikes against the Raiders. Remember the year Muss Brentburger told us the Vikes were eliminated and then had to eat his words seconds later when Ahmad Rashad pulled out a miracle against Cleveland? That just made my day when I was a kid.

So I'll root for who I wish, giving your shallow definition the respect that it deserves. There really are guys who are fans of the game itself, the pagentry, the drama, the strategic struggles, the history and the personal triumphs and lows. I'm one of those, and it transcends your paradigm of fandom from my perspective.

To each their own.

Please see my above post, and staple it here as well. You're on a roll, FT.

Caine

Kleinsasser40
01-10-2005, 04:56 AM
"Frozen Tundran" wrote:

Yes, believe it or not, now I am a Viking fan. For the rest of the year only of course, don't get the wrong idea. Naturally next year I'll be wanting to see my Packers stomp the Vikings flat, but for now I'd much rather see your team win the Superbowl than anyone else, and my passion for the game will almost match what it would be were it the Packers playing.

You see, despite me wanting to see your team beaten and humiliated every time we play each other--much like you did to us today--I actually root for the Vikings in virtually every game they play. I watch a lot of football, perhaps more than is good for me, and see at least half of each week's games--simultaneously of course some of the time. I must admit sometimes for strategic purposes I'll hope the Vike's lose to better our position in the standings so we'll get homefield advantage but am now wondering if I should re-think that strategy as well. It's really weird, but lately the Pack has had much more luck in the dome than we've had in Lambeau. Mike Sherman has built a team more suited for domes than the outside. Look at our recent games, in the Twinkiedome we've been ahead most of the game the last three times, and you had to come back to make a game of it, in Lambeau we've been behind almost all game, pulling two out due to fortious calls and remarkable plays at the exact right moment--not a position you should put yourself in.

At any rate, I must root for the Vikings now. It's like this Big Ten thing that permeates much of Wisconsin. We wanna see Michigan and Ohio State mashed up every week--except the week the play their Bowl Game and then they're on our side. It validates our personal struggle more in my opinion if the other is a team worth beating--and hating. I've no interest in belting about a hapless 6-10 team every year, like we do to the Pathetic Bears virtually every year. That's no fun, I like the rare campaigns like '01 when they went 13-3, yet lost two of those to the Packers. That is far more satisfying, I assure you. That's why you must win the Superbowl---then the Packers can enjoy the satisfaction of sweeping the NFL Champions next year, breaking your purple little Viking hearts and allowing us all to retort "FLUKE!!!" while you pedantically remind us that with their one (hypothetical of course--'Championship' being a foreign word to Minnesota football fans) SB win, they have won as many games that were called "Super Bowls" at the time as the Packers have. (Super Bowl I & II were entitled "AFL-NFL World Championship Game" or somesuch, the monniker "Super Bowl" was never used until the Jet's-Colts matchup in January of '69 aka 'Superbowl III)

Another reason is I am a real football fan and the Vikings have one of the best uniforms, logos and mystique of the NFL. I love the Purple and Gold with the minimalist helmet horn. Very distinctive and stylish. I just ate up all those NFL Films with their Wagnerian chords when the Vikings were presented and being part Viking myself with ancestors from Denmark, I think the whole idea of the Minnesota Vikings is pretty cool.

I also lived amongst you for a while, I went to The University of Minnesota-Duluth for two years before going back to the UW. I really enjoyed my stay, but could have done without the 36.9 inches of snow you dumped on me starting on Halloween of all times in 1991. It started snowing on a Thursday on the last day of OCTOBER and didn't stop until Saturday when there was three feet of snow on the ground, as that was the last (can you imagine why?) year opposite side parking started on November First in Duluth meaning cars got snowed in on both sides of the street in a town built by drunken Viking miners on a goddamn bluff with streets that look like something out of West Virginia. I worked part-time delivering pizzas in college and I worked through this, only getting Friday off after we closed up when a pizza was picked up by a snowmobiler. There was this insane street called"Martha Street' where I had to bomb a seven-way intersection--they have these in Duluth!!!--to get the momentum to make it all the way to the top for some delieveries. And I did it--crazy stupid college kid--and made it every time.

I also got to meet your 'Purple People-Eaters' at the Miller Hill Mall while I was up there. Alan Page, Jim Marshall, Carl Eller, Gary Larson and Doug Sutherland I think the last guy's name was, showed up and I ran into them on accident not design and it was a magical moment. I then realized what a tragedy it was they didn't win a Super Bowl. I later became engrossed in analyzing football statistics and noticed how truly dominant that defense was--the best of all time in fact, over an extended period and by year as well.

So, please take down Philly, exorcize your ghosts in Atlanta and perhaps with Pittsburgh as well. You're by far and away the best NFL 'story' left with a shot at the Super Bowl. To win one as the underdog would be especially sweet.

Go Vikes go!!!

Man, keep with your team, I cannot respect that. You want to be a Vikes fan? Then stay one. You want to be a Pack fan, then stay one...

Frozen Tundran
01-10-2005, 05:16 AM
"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

Man, keep with your team, I cannot respect that. You want to be a Vikes fan? Then stay one. You want to be a Pack fan, then stay one...

I am still a Pack fan, that's not what I was getting at. No doubt it came out as gibberish, due to my emotionally depressed state and trying to type with slashed wrists (the keys get slippery from the blood you know) but I was just saying I was gonna be rooting for you guys the rest of the year, as I can't really root for the Packers them being eliminated and all.

Some fans think they must hope to see their biggest rival crushed and humiliated if they make it farther than you, and others would rather the team that beat them prevail as it makes your loss somewhat more palatable. I am of the latter, I don't see how I could derive much satisfaction from seeing you spanked by Philly 45-10--think how much more pathetic that makes us look for losing to you. If you win it all we can at least take some pride in it being us who woke you up--and look forward even more to beating you next year when you're on an all-time high. Won't that make for a more exciting two (or three!) games than if you're unceremoniously shown the door by a Philly team that dominates you?

I've got some history in Minnesota and thus reason to back the Vikes over anyone else left....and I gotta back someone. I can't help it, I can't dispassionately watch a game where I don't care who wins, and I gotta watch the rest of the season.

I'm a football junkie, not just a fan.

Frozen Tundran
01-10-2005, 05:25 AM
"Caine" wrote:

Tundran,

That has got to be one of the BEST posts I have ever read. While I personally cheer for anyone BUT the Packers in reverse situations, I understood everything you said, and agreed with most of it.

I get the feeling that you're the kind of fan it would be fun to have a beer (or 12) during the game with.

Caine

Thanks, Caine, I watch a lot of games with lotsa friends of all varieties (even Cowboys Fans!) and we often consume more than our share of beer. I think perhaps had I induldged less it might have come out more intelligibly and not confused so many, but thanks for seeing what I was trying to say. :-)

snowinapril
01-11-2005, 02:46 AM
"Frozen Tundran" wrote:

You realize that you just structured your contract for the entire year of 2005 and we are counting on your support in fulfilling said contract to route for the Vikes for the rest of the year, please note the time and date of your original post.

Hopefully we truely win your heart over by winning the SB but keep in mind if that doesn't happen, you are here by under contractual agreement to route for the Vikes for the rest of the year.

Tundra, Thanks for your support

Edited Below:
THIS IS A JOKE!!!! Seriously Thanks for the support :sunny: :cheers: :rr: :salute:

Toss2Moss84
01-11-2005, 03:05 AM
Lighten up guys. I enjoyed reading this post. Packer fans are people too, sorta. :thumbright:

scorptile
01-11-2005, 04:01 AM
lol i was approched today at work by a packers fan. and now that packers fan is a colts fan temporarily and trust me on the colts board there are lots of bandwagon fans now...and after the colts beat the injured patriots this weekend the colts will get even more. it just happens from time to time when your team wins a playoff game. btw great game vikings and great coaching for once. but the moss thing at the end to me was not only disgraceful to other fans but to my wife who is a huge vikings fan thought it was really disrespectful to even viking fans.

Steamed Turtle
01-11-2005, 08:04 AM
Whoa. I am so rooting for the iggles to tear the queenies a new one.

edit// I'm one of those bandwagon colts fans now, I gotta root for someone! Why not the colts?!?

Webby
01-11-2005, 08:13 AM
Wow guys. Lay off him. They can root for us. Its just like us cheering for whoever the NFC team is in the Superbowl...

a few of you are a little harsh by default and probably should relax some, eh?

LosAngelis
01-11-2005, 09:48 AM
Sorry, Tundran, I don't think I can join you.

Trust me, I don't miss a Viking game if I can help it, but its kind of like watching the Cowboys in the 90's. You just want to watch to root against them.

As for the Eagles, well, I guess I'm going to be watching this game with the hopes they end up in a tie somehow. It's hard for me to pick someone to root for...I mean, I hate the Eagles because of what they've done to us, but to go switch sides on the rivalry I love the most...well, then how is that a rivalry anymore?

But, I'm not going to miss the game, that's for sure.

whackthepack
01-11-2005, 09:51 AM
Root for us or agianst us is up to the individual, I like Los could not root for our biggest rivals! But that is me, I would root for who ever was playing them!

Caine
01-11-2005, 10:00 AM
Los, I feel your pain. If our roles were reversed, I think I would start watching the AFC. I'd watch the NFC games...but it would be like playing with an open cut in your mouth with your tongue - it hurts, but you keep doing it anyway.

But, I can also respect a guy who wants to at least keep it in the NFC North/NFC. His logic of, "We look better if the team that beat US is the BEST" is certainly viable. I know people who feel that way, and I respect that. I also know that once the next season rolls around, they're back with a passion hoping to rinse the bad taste of having to root for your "Enemy" from their mouths.

"The Enemy of MY Enemy is my Friend".

So, welcome Tundran...there's a seat over here. Los...if you don't keep it down with that negative karma I'll make you sit in the corner.

Caine

ultravikingfan
01-11-2005, 10:19 AM
"Steamed Turtle" wrote:

Whoa. I am so rooting for the iggles to tear the queenies a new one.

I respect this.
I agree with los, I could not root for the Pack. I would have to pick the AFC team. I apologize if I came across a little harsh. I could see where the Pack would want us to go out and whoop Philly after they got plastered a few weeks back.

XTAP59
01-11-2005, 12:29 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Sorry, I would NEVER jump on the Pac's bandwagon! Yuck!!! Pick another team please.

I would much rather light it on fire......

purplehorn
01-11-2005, 12:48 PM
FT I think it's great the more cheer power the
merrier, Thanks for the support.

SKOL VIKES

UTVikfan
01-11-2005, 01:15 PM
FT, I really liked your post, and would like to say thanks. Mind you, if the Vikes aren't out, I would never cheer for GB. But when the Vikes are out, ...which has happened in past history, once or twice....I sometimes do cheer for the Pack. Farve is great. I could never bring myself to cheer for Elway, way back when. I don't really hate the Bronco's either, just Elway. I still delight in every single 49er's loss, and only I would care this year. Just how it is. I am, no mistake, a Vikings fan, but I cheer occasionally for Buffalo as well. Bad habit from their SB losing days. I really enjoyed watching them play, and the Vikes were at home til next season. NBD. Enjoy your short tenured bandwagon. Hope it is one heck of a ride. =).

RK.
01-11-2005, 01:36 PM
Welcome aboard FT :) Los actually does cheer for us whether he wants to admit it or not. :lol: I also pull for the Colts, mainly because I am a Dunge fan. I liked him as a coach when he was here, thought he got a raw deal in Tampa Bay and I hope he loses the Super Bowl to the Vikes this year. :)

purplepat
01-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Hey, even I rooted for the Packers somewhat in the early-mid 90s, because they had been so bad for so long, that I wanted them to do well. Not better than the Vikings, but when the Vikings missed the playoffs or made their usual first round exit, I rooted for the Central Division Packers to succeed. I often root for the "underdog", because I hate to see the same old teams win year in, year out (unless of course, it is the Vikings)....you know, the 49ers, the Cowboys, etc. Kind of like I was rooting for the Chargers to do well, because they have been so bad for some time now (well, since their Super Bowl appearance).

Back in the early 90s, I didn't perceive the Packers to be the Vikings arch-enemy the way I do today. Today, it is hard for me to root for the Packers given all the media "love" for Brett Favre. Don't get me wrong, I think Brett is a great player, sure-fire first ballot Hall of Famer, but the way some of these sportscasters talk about him you'd think he was the second coming of Jesus Christ. They sure didn't trash Brett for throwing four picks on Sunday, nor did they really give the Vikings a great deal of credit for playing a GREAT game and earning a playoff victory against the odds. It's kind of like a good, catchy song that becomes a megahit. At first, you love it. After eight weeks of constant play, you tire of it. After twelve weeks of constant play, you hate it with a passion.

If (and this is a big if) the Vikings don't make the playoffs next season, and it is Favre's last season, I can easily see rooting for him to win it all one more time to go out on top. I'm sure Packer Hate/Envy will keep me from really rooting for them, but Brett has been such a great competitor and really has not played well in the playoffs since 97, that he deserves one more special year.

Potus2028
01-11-2005, 06:43 PM
i believe in this situation a very wise vikings fan (my padre) when the vikes werent in the playoffs (the last few years) would say....

"i'd like to see ______ win.. they're looking good."

i guess our arch rival friend has picked us to be the team he'd like to see win... thats what you meant.. right tundra?

i would never never never never root for the pack..

:king:

WBLVikeBabe
01-11-2005, 11:48 PM
"kinkel" wrote:

Hey FT sorry if I came off as a little harsh. I guess I just found it kinda funny that a Packer fan would want to root for the Vikings, let alone "become a Vikings fan" but hey if that's how ya really feel then more power to ya, and you've made a wise decision.

LosAngelis
01-11-2005, 11:54 PM
FT is a pretty cool guy, overall.

We can agree to disagree. I think it depends how much you are really into the rivalry.

Cul2Moss84
01-12-2005, 12:15 AM
you cant just become a fan like that, you can ROOT for a team but you will NEVER be on the wagon.

foxxtrott
01-12-2005, 04:16 PM
hey, hey, hey, it's not entirely crazy for packer fans to root for a division rival. There's a huge difference between being a fan of a team, and wanting a team to win a game. I'm a life-long Packer fan who is also pulling for the Vikings this weekend, and trust me, I'm not, nor will I ever be Viking fan. I just happen to hate the eagles equally if not a bit more than the Vikings.

You see, while its true that we hate each other (Packer/Viking fans) I feel after living with Viking fans for the better part of my college years that there at least exists a mutual respect for one another. Most Viking fans will agree that Favre is great quarterback, while most Packer fans will agree that Moss scares the sh*t out us. eagle fans however neither like, nor respect any other team, no matter how many times they choke. So while I truly hate the Vikings, I at least respect them. As for the eagles, I neither like nor respect them.

bleedpurple
01-12-2005, 06:40 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

Not necasarilly people, some fans are different, they give respect to who beat them and they go with that team. He's not saying hes turning into a viking fan but he's saying, there exiting, culpepper is a great guy, there the underdogs. Hell why not?

I sympathise with him a little bit too. because if we lost to the pack I'd probably want the pack to win it all just because they beat us and if we had to loose I'd rather loose to the eventual superbowl champs instead of some team that got beat the next round. It kind of makes you feel like you lost for no reason.

Plus, it will give cred to the the NFC NORTH Division....So I understand him...but i do admit he sucked up to us a little too much....

screaming for the vikes like he would for the pack...there's no way i'd ever do that....

but if we were to loose i would still root for a team...it makes a game worth watching....

VKG4LFE
01-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Hey I root for division rivals all the time! When the bears are 0-4 and the packers are 3-1, I root for the bears, when the lions are 0-11 and the packers are 7-4 I root for the lions. When the bears are 0-12 and the lions are 1-11, well I really don't give a sh!t!! No way in he!! I would ever root for the packers in the playoffs though!

Calmwind
01-12-2005, 07:47 PM
Tice said the Wagon has barb wire up and no bandwagoners, Sorry.

Grassdog61
01-12-2005, 08:31 PM
Tundra, your post(s) have been quite entertaining, but dude there's no way I'm buying that you're a diehard Packers fan. I can see pulling for the Eagles to lose after what happened to the Pack last year, but root for us to go all the way??? Are you kidding? You must be in an extended state of shock after Sunday and are reverting back to a state of childhood dependency when (as you say) the Vikes were your team. Keep the posts coming though. If nothing else, I've enjoyed a good laugh reading the responses

Bdubya
01-12-2005, 08:37 PM
I can see where he is coming from with this one kinda. I for one would never be caught saying anything good about the Packers, much less rooting for them, but I guess there are people out there who dont just hate a team because they are supposed to. Luckily for Frozen Tundran, he picked the right team.

Steamed Turtle
01-12-2005, 10:46 PM
It's a real dilemma since as a Packer fan I really don't like the vikings or the eagles, I wish someonway they could both lose or something... I might hate the eagles a bit more.. I still hope they win by a large margin though.