PDA

View Full Version : I called, but there was no answer!



sandviking
01-09-2005, 11:27 PM
Please tell me if anyone else experienced this:
I called some of my Packer-fan friends today after the game, but none of them would answer the phone.
Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmm........

ultravikingfan
01-09-2005, 11:28 PM
The VP of our company is from Wisc. and a huge cheesehead. Cannot wait until tommorrow morning :lol:

skogs02
01-09-2005, 11:59 PM
same thing happend to me

BigEasyViking
01-10-2005, 12:05 AM
Yup, three for three for Three! Three cheesheads, Three Phone calls, Three voice messages!

AngloVike
01-10-2005, 03:39 AM
"sandviking" wrote:

Please tell me if anyone else experienced this:
I called some of my Packer-fan friends today after the game, but none of them would answer the phone.
Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmm........

apparently they were waiting for a tow-truck ..... seems some purple juggernaut backed too far into the play-offs, hit them and knocked the wheels off the packer bandwagon :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frozen Tundran
01-10-2005, 04:03 AM
It's tough to answer the phone when you're busy slashing your wrists...

Caine
01-10-2005, 04:24 AM
Every time the Pack beats us, my phone rings off the hook (I live in Southern Wisconsin).

Of course, I try and accept defeat with Class, so I smile through their inane jokes and rips, and say, "Yep...we lost...good one you". Inside, I want to take them outside collectively and administer a whooping of biblical proportions on them, but outside, I simply smile and nod.

After the game today, I did NOTHING. I called NO ONE. I simply waited for all the Tards who call me after a loss to call me after a win.

Not one call.

I'm not really suprised. It takes a hell of a lot more guts to accept a loss with grace than it does to accept a win under any conditions.

My wife - a Packer fan - handed me the phone and told me to call one of our friends (Thay are also Packer fans...no suprise...I do live in WI as I mentioned). She said that he had told his wife that if we lost he would be comming over to give me shiite.

I refused.

Win with dignity, lose with class.

I plan to be the "Better Person". They know they lost, I know they lost, that's good enough for me. And, when they wake up tomorrow, they will still be Packer fans...what could I possibly say to them that would be any worse than that?

Of course, if any of them give me the slightest bit of crap, I will unleash on them. My philosophy is one based upon "Mutual Respect", once they cross the line all bets are off. And having lived here for so long, I have PLENTY of ammunition.

BRING IT ON, BIAAAATCHES!!!

Caine

PS, Tundran, that was pretty funny. Gotta hand you that one. And stop looking at me like that while you're holding that razor. :shock:

Kleinsasser40
01-10-2005, 04:53 AM
"AngloVike" wrote:

"sandviking" wrote:

Please tell me if anyone else experienced this:
I called some of my Packer-fan friends today after the game, but none of them would answer the phone.
Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmm........

apparently they were waiting for a tow-truck ..... seems some purple juggernaut backed too far into the play-offs, hit them and knocked the wheels off the packer bandwagon :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahahaha, nice! :cheers:

snowinapril
01-10-2005, 02:19 PM
Maybe they were busy lining up for the official Lambo-Leave-Moon.

That is it, they weren't home.

indialovesvikes
01-10-2005, 03:00 PM
so true...i got this one buddy who calls me whe vikes loose but y'day his v. mail came on LOL and i left a mssg...."hey the least u can do is answer ur phone and take the loss like a man!! packers lose they suck SKOL VIKES"

AngloVike
01-10-2005, 03:10 PM
It's times like this that I almost wish I had a cheesehead for a neighbour.... the joy I could have this week would be soooooo goooood :lol:

LosAngelis
01-10-2005, 04:31 PM
"Frozen Tundran" wrote:

It's tough to answer the phone when you're busy slashing your wrists...

You're slashing your own wrists? I have other ideas for my razor... :evil:

sandviking
01-11-2005, 01:06 AM
You folks are hilarious!!! :lol:

I did get ahold of one of my friends today. This is the one I was staying with when I went home (South Dakota) for Christmas, and I was threatening to shave his eyebrows and die him purple and gold, or do something to his dog Lambeau. Anyway, I started out the conversation nice and friendly, but there was tension and anticipation in his voice. Finally he says "What do you want? You know, I didn't call you once and give you sh*t about the 2 losses to the Packers!" So I caved like a poorly dug prison tunnel.....I just couldn't do it! I guess I just grew a conscience and decided to take the high road. So, I will be gracious in victory to all of my Packer family and friends, knowing that
WE KICKED THE PACKERS ARSE!!!!!

snowinapril
01-11-2005, 01:32 AM
"sandviking" wrote:

You folks are hilarious!!! :lol:

I did get ahold of one of my friends today. This is the one I was staying with when I went home (South Dakota) for Christmas, and I was threatening to shave his eyebrows and die him purple and gold, or do something to his dog Lambeau. Anyway, I started out the conversation nice and friendly, but there was tension and anticipation in his voice. Finally he says "What do you want? You know, I didn't call you once and give you sh*t about the 2 losses to the Packers!" So I caved like a poorly dug prison tunnel.....I just couldn't do it! I guess I just grew a conscience and decided to take the high road. So, I will be gracious in victory to all of my Packer family and friends, knowing that
WE KICKED THE PACKERS ARSE!!!!!

That's my T-boy, sounds like you were a good Viking ambassador of goodwill.

sandviking
01-11-2005, 01:47 AM
CP, you know my brother and sister are die hard Pack fans. It was everything I could do not to call them and rub it in. Then, when I called Heather (my former wife, for those of you who don't know) her Packer fan husband answered the phone! I refrained from any comment to keep the peace.(we do get along, though) However, he has somehow converted Madelynn (my daughter) to a Packer fan right before my very eyes! It's a good thing I follow the "Love thy neighbor as thyself" rule, or I would have to lay the smack down on him!! :blackeye:

snowinapril
01-11-2005, 01:58 AM
"sandviking" wrote:

CP, you know my brother and sister are die hard Pack fans. It was everything I could do not to call them and rub it in. Then, when I called Heather (my former wife, for those of you who don't know) her Packer fan husband answered the phone! I refrained from any comment to keep the peace.(we do get along, though) However, he has somehow converted Madelynn (my daughter) to a Packer fan right before my very eyes! It's a good thing I follow the "Love thy neighbor as thyself" rule, or I would have to lay the smack down on him!! :blackeye:

How and the heck did you fiind yourself in the middle of all that PUKE Green and PISS Gold? You are totally surrounded. You call on us if you ever need recon.

I got the Mrs. a Moss jersey for xmas and she was happier than I thought she was going to be. She had the pseudo Carter jersey for a while and she must have felt out of place or something. It has been 4 years and she is getting the football lingo down.

I am glad that the only invasion in my Ring of Purple and Gold is a Black and Gold Brother in Law. I had to tell him this is the circle of trust and I am watching you Steeler Fan. The Ring is secure for the most part.

VikingsTw
01-11-2005, 01:58 AM
Oh dude you need to make some more phone calls, we can't let step dads brainwash the purple blood.

sandviking
01-11-2005, 02:08 AM
I would provide the phone number if it was permissable! It's just cold to turn a child against her father's football team! Of course my former wife is a Pack fan now. How quickly they turn............ :twisted:
CP, I still have my Chris Walsh jersey, and I will be sure to wear my Vikes tie to church this Sunday!! About being surrounded by green and gold, I told you that my oldest brother wanted my parents to name me Bart Starr, didn't I? (I was born the next day after the 1st Super Bowl)

snowinapril
01-11-2005, 02:27 AM
"sandviking" wrote:

I would provide the phone number if it was permissable! It's just cold to turn a child against her father's football team! Of course my former wife is a Pack fan now. How quickly they turn............ :twisted:
CP, I still have my Chris Walsh jersey, and I will be sure to wear my Vikes tie to church this Sunday!! About being surrounded by green and gold, I told you that my oldest brother wanted my parents to name me Bart Starr, didn't I? (I was born the next day after the 1st Super Bowl)

You got lucky, you could have been called BS.

That Walsh Jersey is a symbol of true Viking Pride and Grit.

More should be wearing it.