PDA

View Full Version : " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with skum ...



BadlandsVikings
07-31-2008, 12:07 AM
PP.O name: Skum
Real name: Michael Dam
Age: 23
Current City: Copenhagen, Denmark
Hometown: Rødovre, Denmark(Copenhagen Suburb)
Occupation: Postal Worker


1) How did you choose your screen name?
Skum means foam in danish, so my nickname originally started out as skumbanan, which would be foambanana in english, a foambanana is a chocolade candy in denmark.

You could all do a google search for skumbanan.

I then cut it down to Skum while is was playing alot of counter-strike online back in the days, because it had more of a killers sound to it

2) Skum, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?
I grew up in the Copenhagen suburb in a little town called Rødovre, as far as i can remember back my parents have been divorced, since i was 2. I lived with my mother who moved in with a man who lived in Køge, which is about 30-40 miles from Copenhagen, they later got married, so i spend about 10 years in Køge growing up.

I have 2 brothers, they are both much older than me, Peter is 38 and Carsten is 36 and another half brother Mikkel and a half sister Dorthe, which are my stepdads kids from a former relationship.

My mom is the most important thing in the world to me, she is a wonderful person who come over and help me out with everything.

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such?
In Denmark we dont have a college-sports system like the great ones in the USA, the biggest thing we have is an annual soccer tournament and an annual cross country running event, they are not in highschool but in public scool,(its grade 0-10 all in one.)

I attended the soccer team 3 times in my final 3 years, however i didnt play the first year at all. The annual cross country race i finished top 10 3 times, including 1 win, the win came my final year, i was the only 10 grader who attended that, it was voluntary that year, however i wanted to run, so i did and was faster than any other ;)

I played soccer in the local club Køge and before that Rødovre. I later played for a club called FK-82 in Copenhagen.

In high school i was not the best student, i was always told that i had the skill but needed to concentrate on school more, but for some reason i never did. I graduated however from High School(Business school its called, but i would think its the same thing)

4) What did you do after High School?
I attended a computer-programming class for about 3 months, but quickly realized that it wasnt my thing, so i dropped out and got a job first in a computer retail shop and later at a groscery store and now finally at the danish postal office.

5)What was your first job?
My first job as in a groscery store called FAKTA.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings?
The danish channel TV2 Zulu started showing NFL in 2000, i was watching some guys and i saw Moss and Carter tear up every defense, thats when i fell in love with the Vikings.

Im still a huge fan of Moss and Carter. I wanted Moss to get his ring in february and i think CC got shafted in not being a first ballot guy at the HOF.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.
My favorite moment with the Vikings has got the be the playoff game at Lambeau, i watched it with a friend of mine who cheered for the Packers and we destroyed them, it was amazing and when Moss mooned the Packers fans i laughed my ass off and havent stopped since.

8}How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?
I looking around for some Vikings message boards and i found alot of crap, before i found this one, i used to read alot of post before signing up, however i finally did and i feel that PPO is the best fan site in the world, it was so many great people that would are willing to help with just about anything.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?
In soccer i follow the danish FC Copenhagen and the English side Arsenal.
Basketball it has always been the Seattle Supersonics
Baseball i love my Yankees.
Im not a big hockey guy, but i always liked the Canadians, however i turned into watching the Islanders more. But since all of the attention the Minnesota hockey is getting, then GO WILD!

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
I like to get drunk and have fun alot ;), i also play some poker, watch pro wrestling and of course i need my soccer.

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games?
No, but sometimes in certain situations during the game i do, but for some reason i dosnt work everytime.

12)Where do you watch away Vikings games?
The internet ;), like all the other games. Unless they are on Danish television.

13)What is your worst fear?
Snakes, spiders and such, i cant take it..

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
As i said before, soccer, poker, beer :>

15) What’s your favorite food?
Stegt flæsk med persillesauce, you guys should try it, it is the best ever.

I beloved the translation is pork loin with potatoes and sauce.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.
I have been over most of europe, because my stepdad is in racing so we travel from racetrack to racetrack, however the tracks are mostly outside of the big cities. I went to Lisbon, Portugal with school, that was a nice place to be. However Malta was the best vacation i ever took.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
Go to the United States, but i will do it this year.. !!!

18)If you could live anywhere where would it be?
I think New York City, there is something about that city, however some place in Florida wouldnt be bad either.

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?
I think we will have in the next 3 years. We are not far behind.

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?
My best PPO memory is when Ned offered me that i could stay with him in CT last year, it turned out that i couldnt but it was a very nice proposal by Ned and it just goes to show how great this site is.

SKOL
07-31-2008, 12:31 AM
Thanks skum.
I love these threads.
Hope to see you at tailgating this year.

Prophet
07-31-2008, 05:57 AM
Nice read skum, hope you make it to a game soon!

scottishvike
08-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Nice read Skum, I would never have guessed where your screen name came from, I guess it's true you DO learn something everyday.
;D

erik5032
08-02-2008, 08:05 PM
So will you still be rooting for the SuperSonics now that they are moving to Kanses City.

skum
08-02-2008, 08:07 PM
"erik5032" wrote:


So will you still be rooting for the SuperSonics now that they are moving to Kanses City.


Its Oklahoma City, but still a big no.. I wont be cheering for any other NBA franchise that is not the Seattle Supersonics.

I pray that we get our franchise back at somepoint.. the city of Seattle deserves a NBA franchise, at the Sonics belong in Seattle..

Also, the Oklahoma City team will not be named the Sonics, they will change the name to something else.

erik5032
08-02-2008, 08:22 PM
"skum" wrote:


"erik5032" wrote:


So will you still be rooting for the SuperSonics now that they are moving to Kanses City.


Its Oklahoma City, but still a big no.. I wont be cheering for any other NBA franchise that is not the Seattle Supersonics.

I pray that we get our franchise back at somepoint.. the city of Seattle deserves a NBA franchise, at the Sonics belong in Seattle..

Also, the Oklahoma City team will not be named the Sonics, they will change the name to something else.


Why did I think Kansas City? Oh well...

cogitans
08-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Good read. I never knew you were a Rødovre/Køge kid.

AngloVike
08-03-2008, 12:59 PM
My favorite moment with the Vikings has got the be the playoff game at Lambeau, i watched it with a friend of mine who cheered for the Packers and we destroyed them, it was amazing and when Moss mooned the Packers fans i laughed my jiggly butt off and havent stopped since.



you and me both Skum, plus the fact that Joe Buck got sooo upset about that as well was just a bonus. N ice read and great to know some more about you
:)

skum
08-04-2008, 11:44 AM
"AngloVike" wrote:





My favorite moment with the Vikings has got the be the playoff game at Lambeau, i watched it with a friend of mine who cheered for the Packers and we destroyed them, it was amazing and when Moss mooned the Packers fans i laughed my jiggly butt off and havent stopped since.



you and me both Skum, plus the fact that Joe Buck got sooo upset about that as well was just a bonus. N ice read and great to know some more about you
:)


Joe Buck can just shut his mouth, i hate that guy.. but the fact that it got him so upset also, made it even better, even though i watched the live broadcast with danish commentators, i watched the joe buck commentary later and "that is a disgusting act" haha.. joe buck

Purple Floyd
08-04-2008, 09:51 PM
"skum" wrote:


"AngloVike" wrote:





My favorite moment with the Vikings has got the be the playoff game at Lambeau, i watched it with a friend of mine who cheered for the Packers and we destroyed them, it was amazing and when Moss mooned the Packers fans i laughed my jiggly butt off and havent stopped since.



you and me both Skum, plus the fact that Joe Buck got sooo upset about that as well was just a bonus. N ice read and great to know some more about you
:)


Joe Buck can just shut his mouth, i hate that guy.. but the fact that it got him so upset also, made it even better, even though i watched the live broadcast with danish commentators, i watched the joe buck commentary later and "that is a disgusting act" haha.. joe buck


Well said.

Joe Buck is a Pussy

marstc09
08-07-2008, 09:31 PM
10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
I like to get drunk and have fun alot Wink, i also play some poker, watch pro wrestling and of course i need my soccer.

We would get along well.

skum
08-15-2008, 04:20 AM
"marstc09" wrote:




10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
I like to get drunk and have fun alot Wink, i also play some poker, watch pro wrestling and of course i need my soccer.

We would get along well.


Sounds good ;) Will you be at the Packers game at HHH?? ;)

VikingMike
08-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Nice read, skum.


Skum means foam in danish, so my nickname originally started out as skumbanan, which would be foambanana in english, a foambanana is a chocolade candy in denmark. Cool, I like learning words from different languages.


Go to the United States, but i will do it this year.. !!! Where are you going?

skum
08-25-2008, 10:06 AM
"VikingMike" wrote:


Nice read, skum.


Skum means foam in danish, so my nickname originally started out as skumbanan, which would be foambanana in english, a foambanana is a chocolade candy in denmark. Cool, I like learning words from different languages.


Go to the United States, but i will do it this year.. !!! Where are you going?


November, Watching the Islanders play the Rangers in MSG, then Knicks - Bobcats, then go to Minneapolis and watch Packers - Vikings!! awesome trip its gonna be..

We are going to be in NY come the presidential election too, looking forward to that...

Bkfldviking
08-25-2008, 12:06 PM
Great read SKUM, thanks for sharing.
I love these posts and learning more about our fellow PP.Oers.