PDA

View Full Version : Projecting the Vikings' 53-Man Roster: Defensive Backs

singersp
07-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Projecting the Vikings' 53-Man Roster: Defensive Backs (http://www.dailynorseman.com/2008/7/27/580261/projecting-the-vikings-53)

by Gonzo on Jul 27, 2008 8:15 AM CDT
dailynorseman.com

Alrighty. . .we've got 8 spots left to fill on this roster, and we've already started Training Camp, so let's get them filled, shall we?...

Marrdro
07-28-2008, 09:40 AM
I wonder if this cat even looked at the stats (passes defended/thrown at and tackles) when he made this statement......

It's kind of frustrating to see Antoine Winfield (who's listed at 5'9" and 180 pounds. . .and I think that 5'9" is being kind to Antoine) being able to destroy anything in his path when it comes to tackling, but Griffin (6', 205) constantly having opposing players slip out of his grasp.

Even though I don't agree with some of his rationale (see above) I will agree with what he came up with.

Starters - Antoine Winfield, Cedric Griffin (for now), Darren Sharper, Madieu Williams
Backups - Charles Gordon, Marcus McCauley, Tyrell Johnson, Michael Boulware
Cut - Benny Sapp, Marcus Walker, Dee McCann, Brandon Sumrall, Eric Frampton, Husain Abdullah

El Vikingo
07-29-2008, 05:33 AM
Looking to last season performances our CB are one of the main suspects for me in 2008 .

I know all that ligth pressure to the opp. Qb and opp gave up the run against us.

But can´t be happy at all with the
slippery Griffin and the great but injury problematic Antoine .....

Just hope Madieu gives a
hand in medium and longe routes,Jared Allen adds some more pressure to our pass rush,and Mr.Griffin shows his supposed potential.

The CB is a big ? for me,rite now...