PDA

View Full Version : The Boys Are Back in Town (Training Camp)

cogitans
07-24-2008, 01:34 AM
The Boys Are Back in Town (http://www.vikings.com/NewsArticle_backintown072308.aspx)

7/23/2008
|
By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com

Purple Floyd
07-24-2008, 08:09 AM
Good deal

I can't wait

i_bleed_purple
07-24-2008, 08:15 AM
After unloading his car and speaking with reporters, Coach Childress signed autographs

hahahahaha

he looks completely different with sunglasses and a beard.

V-Unit
07-24-2008, 09:42 AM
Very Little tangible excitement on this board for TC practices starting tomorrow.

I forget, does TC get its own forum?

Purple Floyd
07-24-2008, 09:50 AM
"V" wrote:

Very Little tangible excitement on this board for TC practices starting tomorrow.

I forget, does TC get its own forum?

I was thinking the same thing.

Did everybody get their houses foreclosed on this week or what?

Json
07-24-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm so fricken pumped for this season to start and what a treat to finally get regular updates on the boys in purple!
I must admit I might be more excited about this season then I have been for sometime.
It's going to be great stuff.
All I pray for is that we escape training camp with minimal injuries.

Mr-holland
07-24-2008, 10:04 AM
I am soooooo thrilled...!!!

TeamSoftware
07-24-2008, 01:37 PM
I am excited every year for Football to start, and I say every year "this is the year", and every year my wife says you say that every year, but this year I truly believe "this is THE year".

No look I got so excited I drooled on my desk, sheesh I need to settle down a bit.

i_bleed_purple
07-24-2008, 02:32 PM
"Json" wrote:

I'm so fricken pumped for this season to start and what a treat to finally get regular updates on the boys in purple!
I must admit I might be more excited about this season then I have been for sometime.
It's going to be great stuff.
All I pray for is that we escape training camp with minimal injuries.

if I got a nickel everytime every year i heard that in the past 4 or 5 years, i'd have 4 or 5 nickels.

V-Unit
07-24-2008, 02:44 PM
This Link will probably go straight into your bookmarks:

ESPN NFC North Blog (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth)

C Mac D
07-24-2008, 02:48 PM
"V" wrote:

This Link will probably go straight into your bookmarks:

ESPN NFC North Blog (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth)

I was just reading these on ESPN... but this sorta confused me:

Tight end: Visanthe Shiancoe vs. Jim Kleinsasser

Kleinsasser is a strong veteran blocker who has rarely been asked to participate much in the passing game. But his playing time increased last season as Shiancoe struggled, and the Vikings won't be afraid to use him -- or veterans Jeff Dugan and Garrett Mills -- in place of Shiancoe if necessary.

Isn't this Garrett Mills' second season? Is that a vet?

Vikes_King
07-24-2008, 08:02 PM
saw like 20 of them today, really got my pumped, can't wait for tomorrow!!!!!

DaunteHOF
07-24-2008, 10:41 PM
we ready to make that superbowl run

Vikes_King
07-24-2008, 10:42 PM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

we ready to make that superbowl run

knock on wood!

(with the quickness)

Marrdro
07-24-2008, 10:46 PM
Tight end: Visanthe Shiancoe vs. Jim Kleinsasser

Obviously that yutz doesn't understand what our scheme is, the impact our OL's lack of blocking caused and why Jimmy was on the field so much last year.

Sure the hell wasn't because Shanc couldn't catch.
::)

gregair13
07-25-2008, 01:12 AM
Minnesota Vikings defensive end Ray Edwards, expected to start at left end, will begin training camp on the physically unable to perform list because of an unspecified back injury that has bothered him for most of the summer. Vikings coach Brad Childress called the injury a "twinge." He said he was not worried about it lingering for a long period of time, but backs are always difficult to evaluate. Jayme Mitchell, a reserve who has played sparingly the past two seasons, will work with the first team when practice opens Friday.

thats not good