PDA

View Full Version : Bennett vs. Onterrio

ADubya26
01-08-2005, 12:05 PM
I dont understand why we are starting Bennett.

1. We are 5-12 with him and 12-3 with Onterrio

2. Yes, Bennett can rip off the 60 yard run every once in a while, but him getting 2 yards per carry otherwise really hurts us. When you get 2 yards on 1st, 2 yards on second...then you HAVE to throw on 3rd. With Onterrio, he can get more yards per carry and help keep the defense in check...that is why we are so much more effective with him.

3. Onterrio's attitude is a lot better than Bennett's as well. After a 5 yard pick up, Onterrio gets pumped and gets the offense pumped up too. Bennett will get 2 yards and walk back to the huddle.

4. Hasnt the coaching staff realized that our season went downhill once we started to play Bennett again? It happened this year and last.

Onterrio really needs to be our starter, its pretty obvious.

casper
01-08-2005, 12:27 PM
looks pretty straight forward to me :shock: whats up with dat :roll:

VikingsTw
01-08-2005, 01:00 PM
"ADubya26" wrote:

I dont understand why we are starting Bennett.

1. We are 5-12 with him and 12-3 with Onterrio

2. Yes, Bennett can rip off the 60 yard run every once in a while, but him getting 2 yards per carry otherwise really hurts us. When you get 2 yards on 1st, 2 yards on second...then you HAVE to throw on 3rd. With Onterrio, he can get more yards per carry and help keep the defense in check...that is why we are so much more effective with him.

3. Onterrio's attitude is a lot better than Bennett's as well. After a 5 yard pick up, Onterrio gets pumped and gets the offense pumped up too. Bennett will get 2 yards and walk back to the huddle.

4. Hasnt the coaching staff realized that our season went downhill once we started to play Bennett again? It happened this year and last.

Onterrio really needs to be our starter, its pretty obvious.

Dude your wack, I can't believe you said that about bennett's attitude. He's probably got one of the best on the team. Bennett's a good runner, he runs hard, watch the film when he's healthy. Alot of times bennett picks up more than two yards, i'm sure his average us up near 4.5. It really doesnt matter, if he does sh*ty he will be replaced, just because hes starting doesnt mean hes taking all the snaps. If Smith gets his chance he will probably carve up the packers defense cause they cant tackle.

If we get the lead i want to see alot of O Smith, play a ball control style of offense with smith at helm.

Vikestand
01-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Bennett has a great attitude...Prolly one of the nicest guys I have ever talked to, too...

ADubya26
01-08-2005, 01:29 PM
Well i havent actually met either one, and I believe he is a good guy, but I just dont see the same spark from him on the field that I do with Onterrio - this is just my opinion. Aside from my opinion, however, is the fact that we have gone 5-12 with Bennett as a starter and 12-3 with Onterrio. This cannot be dismissed as a coincidence because it is pretty significant. I think that whatever players that give us the best opportunity of WINNING should be starting.

Vikestand
01-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Yeah smith has that toughness attitude about him...Bennett has the "I can score at any time" ability....

vikoles
01-08-2005, 01:39 PM
I like 'em both and want to see them BOTH in the game AL the time out of the Pro set and use em occassionally in the slot as well! I think they both catch the ball well and this WOULD be a double threat.... When one is out then and oonly then use Wiggins! What do ya ll think???

WBLVikeBabe
01-08-2005, 01:40 PM
I actually like both guys and I think they are both great running backs, but I'm gonna have to go with what adubya said, whoever will help us WIN should start, and seeing that our record with Smith is better than with Bennett then we should go with Smith, but I'm not saying that Bennett isn't good because lately he's been looking pretty good compared to what he was doing when he first got out of his injury.

ADubya26
01-08-2005, 01:59 PM
I saw we start Onterrio and bring in Bennett for screens, draws and passing plays so both players can contribute in their best ways

VikingsTw
01-08-2005, 02:28 PM
Actually if i could i would start someone it would be Mewelde Moore, no doubt.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Mewelde.jpg

ultravikingfan
01-08-2005, 02:30 PM
That is tough. They both posess great ability. Play them both. Whoever gets hot first stay with them.

ADubya26
01-08-2005, 02:34 PM
Id even rather have MM in there...i mean look how well we were doing with Onterrio and Mewelde starting..now we go back to Bennett and our offense has been struggling ever since.

VKG4LFE
01-08-2005, 03:18 PM
The same stuff happened last year. When Bennett came back from injury we started losing. This year he comes back from injury, we start losing. Coincidence, I think not. I like bennett, but I like how Smith is that pounding type of runner whereas Bennett is more finesse!

Burley81
01-08-2005, 09:36 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

Actually if i could i would start someone it would be Mewelde Moore, no doubt.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Mewelde.jpg

Damn straight. MM has a great attitude, and gets us 100 yard games (our only this season).

WBLVikeBabe
01-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Yea I definitley like Mewelde as well! He's got great potential.

vikefan4ever
01-08-2005, 09:46 PM
i love how mewelde plays the game, he can catch and he can run just as well as bennett and smith. the only thing he has to work on is his blocking. if i could start anyone it would be mewelde.

sdvikefan
01-08-2005, 09:49 PM
Onterrio Smith should absolutely start. For one thing he's better outdoors than Bennett. Also he is the kind of back you can run straight at the defense over and over again. Bennett isn't that kind of back. We need to make the Packers respect our running game which they clearly did not in the Christmas Eve game. I don't remember them even putting an 8th guy in the box one time.

parsongeorge
01-08-2005, 09:54 PM
"ADubya26" wrote:

Well i havent actually met either one, and I believe he is a good guy, but I just dont see the same spark from him on the field that I do with Onterrio - this is just my opinion. Aside from my opinion, however, is the fact that we have gone 5-12 with Bennett as a starter and 12-3 with Onterrio. This cannot be dismissed as a coincidence because it is pretty significant. I think that whatever players that give us the best opportunity of WINNING should be starting. Onterrio does seem to have that extra ooomph in there. But I think bennett is the man right now :salute:

Foreman44
01-08-2005, 10:05 PM
For this game definitely Onterrio Smith
We need his inside running and drive
Consider the turf conditions too ...
Smith can catch everything Bennett can and for my money, block a little better

ADubya26
01-08-2005, 10:12 PM
What has Bennett done that earned him a starting spot? I think Onterrio should be in there, and until he proves unworthy to be the starter, he should stay. This is just another thing that makes me question Tice's coaching ability.

DiehardVikesFan
01-08-2005, 10:24 PM
Onterrio and Bennett are both finess runners...and it is absurd to say that Bennett is the reason we started losing the last year, since it is a team game. Anyway, Moore is the best fit at running back in our passing offense, and Onterrio has the most trade value, so I would say make a deal in the offseason with Onterrio in it to get some defense, and go ahead and let Moore and Bennett carry the load, with Moe being used to get tough yards (of course).

ItalianStallion
01-08-2005, 10:43 PM
I like how Mewelde has played this year the most, but lets be honest: it is a playoff game in Lambeau and Mewelde is a rookie. Start Moe Williams he runs harder than any of them :)

DiehardVikesFan
01-08-2005, 10:45 PM
I like how Mewelde has played this year the most, but lets be honest: it is a playoff game in Lambeau and Mewelde is a rookie. Start Moe Williams he runs harder than any of them

That'd work, since the Packers aren't exactly a physical defense.

XTAP59
01-08-2005, 10:48 PM
I believe M. Moore is best suited for the packer game. It will be cold, the field hard which is not conducive to break away sprints for Bennett. Moore is that type of RB. I believe he has been saved for such a game as today. Just a hunch, but I think Moore gets plenty of carries Sunday.