PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota has 10,000 lakes and fair-weather fans



singersp
07-03-2008, 06:04 AM
Mike Vandermause column: Minnesota has 10,000 lakes and fair-weather fans (http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080702/GPG0702/807020614/1225/GPG02)

July 2, 2008

Mike Vandermause
greenbaypressgazette.com


A trip to the Metrodome last week told me everything I need to know about Minnesota sports fans....

singersp
07-03-2008, 06:05 AM
Minnesota: Home of Fair-Weather Fans? (http://mvn.com/nfl-vikings/2008/07/02/minnesota-home-of-fair-weather-fans/)

By Anthony Hall
mvn.com

July 2nd, 2008


I’ve never heard of Mike Vandermause, but apparently, he writes for some publication called the Green Bay Press Gazette....

PurpleTide
07-03-2008, 06:42 AM
What a hack that Mike Vandermause is. It figures a Wisconsinite would be disrespecting the great state of Minnesota. I haven't lived in Minnesota since I was 9, but my love for Minnesota Viking football will never, ever wain. And by the looks of this great website I see a great fan base that doesn't waiver in their loyalty to the Vikings.

jdvike
07-03-2008, 07:39 AM
Why are Wisconsinite's so obsessed with Minnesota and their sports teams?...its kinda like....my pop can beat up your pop.

Grow up will ya.

Articnv
07-03-2008, 07:41 AM
hmm summer time
in minnesota tom uchother stuff to do outside thast why they make radio

Zeus
07-03-2008, 07:45 AM
"singersp" wrote:


Mike Vandermause column: Minnesota has 10,000 lakes and fair-weather fans (http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080702/GPG0702/807020614/1225/GPG02)

July 2, 2008

Mike Vandermause
greenbaypressgazette.com


A trip to the Metrodome last week told me everything I need to know about Minnesota sports fans....




Funny how he doesn't mention that Miller Park is 50% Cub fans when they come to town.

Jackass.

=Z=

bdohb
07-03-2008, 04:39 PM
it seems like we are fair weather fans but we are not. cuz when the twins are playing its summer time and when its nice out no one wants to go sit in the dome, that will change once the new park is done. then when the vikings on its winter out and if you dont have tickets already, people rather stay in there warm homes and watch the game. in my eyes its the dome not the teams that shy us away from games

midgensa
07-03-2008, 04:53 PM
This is a mind-boggling story to me considering his home team is the Brewers, who
NEVER sell out unless they are doing well. And even when doing well when the other big teams (St.L, Cubs etc.) come to town they have more fans than the Brew Crew. This seems like a really big stretch for an article.

cajunvike
07-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Wisconsin...Home of Fair-Weather Sheep-Man Coupling (and a little bit of USB Coupling as well in the southwest part of the state near the MN border).
LOL

BadlandsVikings
07-03-2008, 08:16 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:


Wisconsin...Home of Fair-Weather Sheep-Man Coupling (and a little bit of USB Coupling as well in the southwest part of the state near the MN border).
LOL


LMAO!!!

Ranger
07-04-2008, 01:34 AM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"cajunvike" wrote:


Wisconsin...Home of Fair-Weather Sheep-Man Coupling (and a little bit of USB Coupling as well in the southwest part of the state near the MN border).
LOL


LMAO!!!


Don't limit them to fair weather, man.

Formo
07-04-2008, 01:43 AM
"jdvike" wrote:


Why are Wisconsinite's so obsessed with Minnesota and their sports teams?...its kinda like....my pop can beat up your pop.

Grow up will ya.



So true.
So very true.

There IS a reason for the lack of fan base, and it's not because of any fair-weather.
How many people in MN has the finances to pay for season tickets for the Wild, Vikings, T-Wolves, and Twins?
Might as well throw in the Gophers football and basketball squads too.

Annnnnd..
Green Bay has the Packers.
That pretty much sums it up right there.