PDA

View Full Version : " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with BBQ Platypus ...



BadlandsVikings
06-19-2008, 07:51 PM
PP.O name: BBQ Platypus
Real name: Ben Knaak
Age: 19
Current City: Forest Lake
Hometown: Forest Lake
Occupation: Student


1) How did you choose your screen name? I came up with the name "BBQ Platypus" for a multiplayer game of Red Alert 2.
I was looking for the silliest, most random thing I could think of for a name, and it just came to me.

2) BBQ, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family? Pretty boring, really.
I spent the first few years of my life living in Bald Eagle Lake (near White Bear), but I moved to Forest Lake just before kindergarten.
I'm the oldest of five - I have three younger brothers and a younger sister.
They're all in competitive swimming programs (as I once was myself), and the oldest of them (Andy) is one of the best swimmers in his age group in the state.

My parents got divorced when I was about 12 or 13, and I was diagnosed with Nonverbal Learning Disorder at about the same time (short version: it makes me suck at art and picking up non-verbal cues).

http://www.hrwiki.org/images/c/c2/homsar_evolution_current.png

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/136/407403430_ee77368af2.jpg?v=0

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such? Smart, but a bit lazy.
I never really needed to study for tests, because I'm really good at memorizing things, but I generally had a hard time organizing my work schedule.
I generally got by, though, with mostly A's and a few B's.

I was on the track team (one of the slowest distance runners on the team, but I somehow lettered), and the debate team (bit of advice: NEVER use utilitarianism as a criterion - judges hate it).

4) What did you do after High School?I started college at the University of Minnesota

5)What was your first job? I was a cashier at an Office Max in Forest Lake.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings? Pretty much the second I learned the rules of football.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc. The 1998 season (up 'til.....well, you know).
It felt really great to have so much to cheer about - even the little things like the Snickers bar in Mitch Berger's shoe, or Leroy Huard as a short-yardage back ("If you need one yard...").
Everything just seemed magical that year, which made it all the more devastating when...well, you know.

8}How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site? I don't really remember how I came to find PP.O.
I just stumbled upon it, I guess.
The size, dedication, and general Viking-ness attracted me enough for me to join.

9) What other sports teams do you follow? I follow the Twins, Timberwolves (not as much since they started sucking, though), and nominally the Gophers.
As a commuter, I haven't really been able to get into the whole "college spirit" yet, but I'll be living on campus starting this summer.

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time? Probably doing something else on my computer.

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games? No.
I don't think God cares enough about sporting events for that to help.

12)Where do you watch Vikings games? On TV, from the comfort of my own cushy buttocks.

13)What is your worst fear? Heights

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?I like video games, computer games, jogging, and playing drums.

15) What’s your favorite food?Definitely Cadbury Eggs.
Cadbury Eggs are (and I don't think I'm exaggerating here) the greatest THING in the history of time.
(Other than maybe that whole Jesus thing).

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.I've been to Iowa, Lake City (MN), Madison, Fargo, Dallas, Milwaukee, Marshall (MN), Chicago, Atlanta, Puerto Vallarta (Mexico), Orlando, Port St. Lucie, and Duluth.
I particularly like Lake City, Chicago, Dallas, Puerto Vallarta, and Florida.
The only good part about Duluth was the spectacular view driving into it.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?Jennifer Garner.
Regrettably, she seems to be spoken for.
Damn.

18)If you could live anywhere where would it be?Probably Chicago - it's a great city, great atmosphere, superb transportation system, and I imagine there's a lot of work there.

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?Of course.
As soon as it happens, I will liberate myself from the shackles of clothitude, and then dash triumphantly out of the house, hooping and hollering, rejoicing in my nudeness in front of the entire neighborhood.
Then, once I was finally secured within a straitjacket, I would go out for a burger (in my imagination, for I would be institutionali zed).

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?Making the playoffs in the PP.O fantasy league as the second seed, only to lose in the first round.

VikingMike
06-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Very entertaining read, BBQ...thanks for sharing.


What’s your favorite food?Definitely Cadbury Eggs.
Cadbury Eggs are (and I don't think I'm exaggerating here) the greatest THING in the history of time.

I love them too, although not as much as you do.
;D

Bkfldviking
06-19-2008, 10:49 PM
Great read BBQ, thanks for sharing :D

gregair13
06-19-2008, 11:39 PM
17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?Jennifer Garner.
Regrettably, she seems to be spoken for.
Damn.
hahahaha. Such a key answer right there.

Good read!

tgorsegner
06-19-2008, 11:59 PM
18)If you could live anywhere where would it be?Probably Chicago - it's a great city, great atmosphere, superb transportation system, and I imagine there's a lot of work there.

We seem to have vastly different views of that city...

cajunvike
06-20-2008, 12:04 AM
"3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such? Smart, but a bit lazy. I never really needed to study for tests, because I'm really good at memorizing things, but I generally had a hard time organizing my work schedule.
I generally got by, though, with mostly A's and a few B's."

Should we lobby Webby to give you the title of "PP.O Rainman" then?
:P ;)

digital420
06-20-2008, 03:15 AM
nice read man!!

my wife said the same thing about Duluth.. I tried to explain how fun it was... but.. the fact that in august she had to wear a jacket... she was not amused.

good luck at UM!! and keep power'in the purple!!


DiGiTaL

Marrdro
06-20-2008, 07:39 AM
Excellent read my friend.
Thanks for sharing......


19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?Of course.
As soon as it happens, I will liberate myself from the shackles of clothitude, and then dash triumphantly out of the house, hooping and hollering, rejoicing in my nudeness in front of the entire neighborhood.
Then, once I was finally secured within a straitjacket, I would go out for a burger (in my imagination, for I would be institutionali zed).


When I first joined the site I saw several posts from you that left me wondering but as I got a bit more familiar with who/what/when and where on here I came to look forward to your stuff.

Some of the stuff in the BBQ Platypus thread are classic.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=16517.0

scottishvike
06-28-2008, 02:24 PM
15) What’s your favorite food?
Definitely Cadbury Eggs.
Cadbury Eggs are (and I don't think I'm exaggerating here) the greatest THING in the history of time.
(Other than maybe that whole Jesus thing).


I don't know if they have them across the pond, but every easter here McDonalds do a cream egg McFlurry.....

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/scottishvike/drooling_homer.png

marstc09
07-20-2008, 01:44 PM
Best screen name on here. Nice to get to know better.

Prophet
07-24-2008, 07:42 AM
You appear to be presenting a facade of normalcy.
Love your sense of humor.

BBQ Platypus
08-12-2008, 11:01 PM
"scottishvike" wrote:



15) What’s your favorite food?
Definitely Cadbury Eggs.
Cadbury Eggs are (and I don't think I'm exaggerating here) the greatest THING in the history of time.
(Other than maybe that whole Jesus thing).


I don't know if they have them across the pond, but every easter here McDonalds do a cream egg McFlurry.....


WHAT!?
That does it!
I'm moving to Scotland!

So long, America - you've been great and all, but you don't have Cadbury Cream Egg McFlurries.
I'm afraid that's a dealbreaker.

Garland Greene
08-12-2008, 11:07 PM
So this isn't a thread about how to BBQ a platypus? Damn I was hoping I could share my recipe for BBQ Armidillo :-[

erik5032
08-12-2008, 11:12 PM
"BBQ" wrote:


"scottishvike" wrote:



15) What’s your favorite food?
Definitely Cadbury Eggs.
Cadbury Eggs are (and I don't think I'm exaggerating here) the greatest THING in the history of time.
(Other than maybe that whole Jesus thing).


I don't know if they have them across the pond, but every easter here McDonalds do a cream egg McFlurry.....


WHAT!?
That does it!
I'm moving to Scotland!

So long, America - you've been great and all, but you don't have Cadbury Cream Egg McFlurries.
I'm afraid that's a dealbreaker.


Sounds more like a Eggnog type deal... Cream egg i doesn't have Chocolate would it? cadbury eggs are phenomenal. I just want to find the bunnies that pop these things out... could you imagine the possibilities!

BBQ Platypus
08-12-2008, 11:14 PM
"erik5032" wrote:


"BBQ" wrote:


"scottishvike" wrote:



15) What’s your favorite food?
Definitely Cadbury Eggs.
Cadbury Eggs are (and I don't think I'm exaggerating here) the greatest THING in the history of time.
(Other than maybe that whole Jesus thing).


I don't know if they have them across the pond, but every easter here McDonalds do a cream egg McFlurry.....


WHAT!?
That does it!
I'm moving to Scotland!

So long, America - you've been great and all, but you don't have Cadbury Cream Egg McFlurries.
I'm afraid that's a dealbreaker.


Sounds more like a Eggnog type deal... Cream egg i doesn't have Chocolate would it? cadbury eggs are phenomenal. I just want to find the bunnies that pop these things out... could you imagine the possibilities!


If I had one of those rabbits, I would feed it and play with it and pat it and call it Fluffles and it would be my bestest friend in the whole world.

scottishvike
08-15-2008, 06:12 PM
"BBQ" wrote:


"erik5032" wrote:


"BBQ" wrote:


"scottishvike" wrote:



15) What’s your favorite food?
Definitely Cadbury Eggs.
Cadbury Eggs are (and I don't think I'm exaggerating here) the greatest THING in the history of time.
(Other than maybe that whole Jesus thing).


I don't know if they have them across the pond, but every easter here McDonalds do a cream egg McFlurry.....


WHAT!?
That does it!
I'm moving to Scotland!

So long, America - you've been great and all, but you don't have Cadbury Cream Egg McFlurries.
I'm afraid that's a dealbreaker.


Sounds more like a Eggnog type deal... Cream egg i doesn't have Chocolate would it? cadbury eggs are phenomenal. I just want to find the bunnies that pop these things out... could you imagine the possibilities!


If I had one of those rabbits, I would feed it and play with it and pat it and call it Fluffles and it would be my bestest friend in the whole world.


Not only do we have Mcflurries...

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/scottishvike/2331356834_f38eb3d602.jpg

We have had ice cream.....

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/scottishvike/cadbury_cremeeggice.jpg

Ice cream bars......

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/scottishvike/2372631330_2ce84e6f1a.jpg

Chocolate bars.....

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/scottishvike/product-6460421.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/scottishvike/i2.gif

Mini eggs.....

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/scottishvike/AZFLNL1CAITD8SXCATN9YLCCAEIBICSCAH4.jpg

A Hot air balloon.......

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/scottishvike/dscn4860.jpg

And last but not least a CAR!......

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/scottishvike/2578743884_e3b80b8d64.jpg

Which I actually saw parked at a gas station near where I live, many moons ago.
;D

Formo
08-16-2008, 10:13 PM
BBQ Platypus wrote:

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.
The 1998 season (up 'til.....well, you know).
It felt really great to have so much to cheer about - even the little things like the Snickers bar in Mitch Berger's shoe, or Leroy Huard as a short-yardage back ("If you need one yard...").
Everything just seemed magical that year, which made it all the more devastating when...well, you know.

HAHA!
I forgot about the Snickers in Berger's shoe.
Someone should pass that bit of information along to Kluwe.
And Leroy was awesome as a short yardage back..
I remember a few long scampers he had too..
Exclamated by a lowered shoulder pop to a DB..

erik5032
08-16-2008, 10:21 PM
"scottishvike" wrote:


"BBQ" wrote:


"erik5032" wrote:


"BBQ" wrote:


"scottishvike" wrote:



15) What’s your favorite food?
Definitely Cadbury Eggs.
Cadbury Eggs are (and I don't think I'm exaggerating here) the greatest THING in the history of time.
(Other than maybe that whole Jesus thing).


I don't know if they have them across the pond, but every easter here McDonalds do a cream egg McFlurry.....


WHAT!?
That does it!
I'm moving to Scotland!

So long, America - you've been great and all, but you don't have Cadbury Cream Egg McFlurries.
I'm afraid that's a dealbreaker.


Sounds more like a Eggnog type deal... Cream egg i doesn't have Chocolate would it? cadbury eggs are phenomenal. I just want to find the bunnies that pop these things out... could you imagine the possibilities!


If I had one of those rabbits, I would feed it and play with it and pat it and call it Fluffles and it would be my bestest friend in the whole world.


Not only do we have Mcflurries...

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/scottishvike/2331356834_f38eb3d602.jpg

We have had ice cream.....

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/scottishvike/cadbury_cremeeggice.jpg

Ice cream bars......

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/scottishvike/2372631330_2ce84e6f1a.jpg

Chocolate bars.....

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/scottishvike/product-6460421.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/scottishvike/i2.gif

Mini eggs.....

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/scottishvike/AZFLNL1CAITD8SXCATN9YLCCAEIBICSCAH4.jpg

A Hot air balloon.......

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/scottishvike/dscn4860.jpg

And last but not least a CAR!......

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/scottishvike/2578743884_e3b80b8d64.jpg

Which I actually saw parked at a gas station near where I live, many moons ago.
;D


:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!

BBQ Platypus
09-02-2008, 02:26 AM
"scottishvike" wrote:


http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/scottishvike/2578743884_e3b80b8d64.jpg


If I saw that car, I would try to eat it.














I'm not kidding.

LuckyVike
09-02-2008, 04:10 AM
Wow, I used to think you were like 15 years old, BBQ.
I can't believe how reasonable your responses were... things have really changed while I've been gone.

BBQ Platypus
12-10-2008, 01:59 PM
"LuckyVike" wrote:


Wow, I used to think you were like 15 years old, BBQ.
I can't believe how reasonable your responses were... things have really changed while I've been gone.


I was 16 when I joined, so you at least have a reason for having thought that.

i_bleed_purple
12-27-2008, 12:36 AM
"BBQ" wrote:


"LuckyVike" wrote:


Wow, I used to think you were like 15 years old, BBQ.
I can't believe how reasonable your responses were... things have really changed while I've been gone.


I was 16 when I joined, so you at least have a reason for having thought that.


funny how even on the internet, people get older.