PDA

View Full Version : " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with gregair13 ...



BadlandsVikings
06-15-2008, 01:03 AM
PP.O name: Gregair13
Real name: Greg
Age: 20
Current City: Edmonton (that’s in Canada, eh)
Hometown: Edmonton
Occupation: Student.


1) How did you choose your screen name?
It has been mine since the beginning. Back in the day when wrestling was cool, my friend nicknamed him self conair, so I followed suit with Gregair. 13 has been my soccer number since I started playing. If you Google Gregair, lots of sites come up.

2) Gregair, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?
Been in Edmonton my whole life. I want to move out so badly, but I cannot afford it just yet. I still live at home with my mom, dad, dog named Laci (I think there are pictures of her in a topic somewhere. She is also on my facebook), and cat (who recently died).

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such?
I am a good student. 70-90% range depending on the class. I played volleyball in grade 10 and was in the soccer academy for all three years. This got me out of doing a lot of crap like CALM and religion class (it was a catholic high school) I still am playing the game and now I am coaching as well.

4) What did you do after High School?
Went right into College. Pretty happy I didn’t take any time off to work. A lot of my friends did that and they still have not gotten their motivation back to go back to school.

5) What was your first job?
Canadian Tire in jr high. There was one of the classes I took as an option where you had to get a job and get your first work experience, so I picked somewhere fairly easy and close to my house.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings?
I was always a Vikings fan from when I starting watching football. I officially got on the wagon during the 15-1 season thanks to Carter, Moss, and Smith. It was nice to be able to score at will. I have been locked in ever since and I am not going anywhere. I have way too much Vikings stuff to switch teams, not that I would ever want to.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.
Longwell’s kick against the Packers. Before I got Sunday ticket, I had to listen to the games on the radio. Paul Allen. I still have the clip on my computer and listen to it all the time whenever I am sad. And then of coarse going to the game that I went too. That was one super fun weekend. We have VIP tickets, so we got to meet some of the cheerleaders (one of them being my love Stephanie) and Ragnar. Also we got to the game super early and watched them all roll up in the parking lot. Same with after the game. I remember I was waiting for Culpepper to come out, and he was like last to leave. The people we sat beside were really nice too.

8} How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?
Searching for Vikings stuff on the internet and found it I guess. Long time ago so I don’t really remember.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?
I pretty much watch all sports, but obviously being from Canada, the focus is on hockey and my home town Edmonton Oilers. I watch baseball too and cheer for the jays. NBA has never really been my thing, but I did like watching the Mavs when Nash was there with Dirk and Finley. After he was traded, I stopped caring about the sport. I love tournaments. The euro, march madness, etc. I always get so into them.

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
I would say when not here, I am at soccer. And when I am not there, I am at school or work. And when not there, I am ripping around on my motorcycle (2006 Suzuki GSX-R 750). And then I would be watching TV. I love TV. So you think you can dance, 24, heroes, survivor are my main shows. I pretty much watch anything that can keep my attention. I have wasted many afternoons saying right after this commercial I will go do something useful, but then never getting up.

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games?
My pregame is pretty intense. I always get up early because I am too excited and I enjoy watching the pregame stuff on TV. Then I would probably get my shrine ready. I have a lamp and a whole bunch of other stuff that has to be just in the right spot before kickoff. Then I would post on PP.O for a bit until kickoff gets close. My jersey does not go on until right before kickoff. Not sure why I do that, but I do.

12) Where do you watch Vikings games?
I watch all the games on NFL Sunday ticket. It is a need when you live in Canada. I have only been to one game (the saints where t will caught his first td pass from Culpepper) but I might be getting to go to another game this year.

13) What is your worst fear?
Hitting a little kid while driving. Seriously. I cannot even imagine doing that. Like life is over after that happens. The guilt. Urg. I think that is all I am really truly scared of happened. Everything else you can just deal with.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
Isn’t this the same question as what do you do with your spare time? I have pretty much answered it already. Motorcycle, soccer, school, watching football. Simple life really.

15) What’s your favorite food?
Steak and most things my mom cooks for me. Sometime she makes a bad meal, but who doesn’t. Going out to eat I would usually order steak or pasta depending on what I am feeling on the day. Ribs are also key if it is at a good restaurant.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.
Hawaii and Disneyland many times each. I have been to the big island once and then Honolulu twice. Disneyland I think I have been three times. I have been to Minnesota for the game but besides that no where else really interesting. Of course I have been all over my province and the neighbouring province BC. And I went to Christmas in Nova Scotia a few years ago. My mother had family there (they have moved since then).

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
Travel to New York. Sky diving. Go to major sports events (world series game, Stanley cup game, Superbowl, pro bowl, etc). And I have always wanted to go to Europe and Australia just to say I have.

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
I wouldn’t mind living in New York, but the weather is not quiet nice enough so I will say California or somewhere warm not in the USA where life is simple. Not a third world country, but some place where it is super relaxed and just nice everyday. I hate wearing pants (would rather wear shorts) and I have socks even more (shoeless is key).

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?
Someday we will get there. Hopefully it is soon and before sharper and pat Williams retire. Those guys deserve to get their name on the trophy. When we win, I am sure I will cry and then proceed to make fun of every non-Viking fan I see for the next year. People would probably hate me, but its ok because my team has won the Superbowl.

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?
BBQ's thread. Most epic thread on the site. Also, when I got my title of Cranky Pants. Still not sure how that happened but it just happened. Maybe someday I can get a new one. I have stepped up my posting game recently so we will see.

PacNWVike
06-15-2008, 01:17 AM
Good read Gregair!
I worked with Canadian Forces while I was in the Air Force and made some lifelong friends.
Drank a lot of "rye" and learned to do the Newfy Stomp!
Sorry about your cat.
Skol!

cogitans
06-15-2008, 03:32 AM
Good to get to know more about you. You sound like a real dedicated fan.

Must have been a crazy experience with some good stories, a few years ago when the Oilers surprised everyone and went deep in the playoffs.
I'm not much of a hockey fan myself, but one of my good friends lived for a number of years with his family in Edmonton as a youngster. He went nuts with it, watching those games over here in the middle of the night.

marstc09
06-15-2008, 11:20 AM
wrestling was cool

There is nothing wrong with wrestling.
:P

AngloVike
06-15-2008, 02:48 PM
"marstc09" wrote:



wrestling was cool

There is nothing wrong with wrestling.
:P

only if it involves mud and two or more good looking gals
;D

Nice read Gregair but whatever happens we'll always think of you as Cranky Pants
;D

Garland Greene
06-15-2008, 03:51 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


1) How did you choose your screen name?
It has been mine since the beginning. Back in the day when wrestling was cool, my friend nicknamed him self conair, so I followed suit with Gregair. 13 has been my soccer number since I started playing. If you Google Gregair, lots of sites come up.



http://members.aol.com/gregair/bodypaint1.htm
:o :o :o

gregair13
06-15-2008, 04:11 PM
"cogitans" wrote:


Good to get to know more about you. You sound like a real dedicated fan.

Must have been a crazy experience with some good stories, a few years ago when the Oilers surprised everyone and went deep in the playoffs.
I'm not much of a hockey fan myself, but one of my good friends lived for a number of years with his family in Edmonton as a youngster. He went nuts with it, watching those games over here in the middle of the night.

oh i have some great stories. did you guys hear about the stuff that went down in our city during that run? it was freaking crazy. i can sahre if you like.

Turboe
06-15-2008, 04:27 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:



18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
I wouldn’t mind living in New York, but the weather is not quiet nice enough so I will say California or somewhere warm not in the USA where life is simple. Not a third world country, but some place where it is super relaxed and just nice everyday. I hate wearing pants (would rather wear shorts) and I have socks even more (shoeless is key).


Should I just have the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce send you a welcome to SC pack?
You just described this part of the country.
You obviously will eventually end up here, so will say "When" not "If".
When you finally move down here let me know and I will take you out to play some golf.
Oh yeah and when you need your hockey fix you can just head down the road a couple hours to that Mecca of Hockey....Atlanta.

Zeus
06-16-2008, 08:39 AM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
I wouldn’t mind living in New York, but the weather is not quiet nice enough so I will say California or somewhere warm not in the USA where life is simple. Not a third world country, but some place where it is super relaxed and just nice everyday. I hate wearing pants (would rather wear shorts) and I have socks even more (shoeless is key).


I lived in NYC for 5 years.
The weather is fine.
Better than Edmonton, that's for sure.
You want fake with that sun?
Live in Cali.
You want real life in your face at all times?
Live in NYC.

=Z=

Purple Floyd
06-16-2008, 08:45 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"BadlandsViking" wrote:


18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
I wouldn’t mind living in New York, but the weather is not quiet nice enough so I will say California or somewhere warm not in the USA where life is simple. Not a third world country, but some place where it is super relaxed and just nice everyday. I hate wearing pants (would rather wear shorts) and I have socks even more (shoeless is key).


I lived in NYC for 5 years.
The weather is fine.
Better than Edmonton, that's for sure.
You want fake with that sun?
Live in Cali.
You want real life in your face at all times?
Live in NYC.

=Z=


So NYC with it's concrete,steel,glass and asphalt is real life in your face? I would argue that the Boundary waters would be a better representation of real life in your face ;)

Zeus
06-16-2008, 08:50 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"BadlandsViking" wrote:


18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
I wouldn’t mind living in New York, but the weather is not quiet nice enough so I will say California or somewhere warm not in the USA where life is simple. Not a third world country, but some place where it is super relaxed and just nice everyday. I hate wearing pants (would rather wear shorts) and I have socks even more (shoeless is key).


I lived in NYC for 5 years.
The weather is fine.
Better than Edmonton, that's for sure.
You want fake with that sun?
Live in Cali.
You want real life in your face at all times?
Live in NYC.


So NYC with it's concrete,steel,glass and asphalt is real life in your face? I would argue that the Boundary waters would be a better representation of real life in your face ;)


The people are real.
The life is real and vibrant and breathing.
And Central Park is all the green you'll ever need.


=Z=

Purple Floyd
06-16-2008, 08:53 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"BadlandsViking" wrote:


18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
I wouldn’t mind living in New York, but the weather is not quiet nice enough so I will say California or somewhere warm not in the USA where life is simple. Not a third world country, but some place where it is super relaxed and just nice everyday. I hate wearing pants (would rather wear shorts) and I have socks even more (shoeless is key).


I lived in NYC for 5 years.
The weather is fine.
Better than Edmonton, that's for sure.
You want fake with that sun?
Live in Cali.
You want real life in your face at all times?
Live in NYC.


So NYC with it's concrete,steel,glass and asphalt is real life in your face? I would argue that the Boundary waters would be a better representation of real life in your face ;)


The people are real.
The life is real and vibrant and breathing.
And Central Park is all the green you'll ever need.


=Z=


To each his own.

Zeus
06-16-2008, 09:10 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"BadlandsViking" wrote:


18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
I wouldn’t mind living in New York, but the weather is not quiet nice enough so I will say California or somewhere warm not in the USA where life is simple. Not a third world country, but some place where it is super relaxed and just nice everyday. I hate wearing pants (would rather wear shorts) and I have socks even more (shoeless is key).


I lived in NYC for 5 years.
The weather is fine.
Better than Edmonton, that's for sure.
You want fake with that sun?
Live in Cali.
You want real life in your face at all times?
Live in NYC.


So NYC with it's concrete,steel,glass and asphalt is real life in your face? I would argue that the Boundary waters would be a better representation of real life in your face ;)


The people are real.
The life is real and vibrant and breathing.
And Central Park is all the green you'll ever need.



To each his own.


No.
I'm right and all of you need to get on board.

=Z=

Purple Floyd
06-16-2008, 09:34 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:




18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
I wouldn’t mind living in New York, but the weather is not quiet nice enough so I will say California or somewhere warm not in the USA where life is simple. Not a third world country, but some place where it is super relaxed and just nice everyday. I hate wearing pants (would rather wear shorts) and I have socks even more (shoeless is key).


I lived in NYC for 5 years.
The weather is fine.
Better than Edmonton, that's for sure.
You want fake with that sun?
Live in Cali.
You want real life in your face at all times?
Live in NYC.


So NYC with it's concrete,steel,glass and asphalt is real life in your face? I would argue that the Boundary waters would be a better representation of real life in your face ;)


The people are real.
The life is real and vibrant and breathing.
And Central Park is all the green you'll ever need.



To each his own.


No.
I'm right and all of you need to get on board.

=Z=


Oh, I see, the smoke and pollution is interfering with your thought process, Get out into nature and get some fresh air ;)

Sorry Gregair, no more threadjacking from me ;)

Nice read.

cogitans
06-16-2008, 02:24 PM
"gregair13" wrote:


"cogitans" wrote:


Good to get to know more about you. You sound like a real dedicated fan.

Must have been a crazy experience with some good stories, a few years ago when the Oilers surprised everyone and went deep in the playoffs.
I'm not much of a hockey fan myself, but one of my good friends lived for a number of years with his family in Edmonton as a youngster. He went nuts with it, watching those games over here in the middle of the night.

oh i have some great stories. did you guys hear about the stuff that went down in our city during that run? it was freaking crazy. i can sahre if you like.
Please do. I haven't heard those stories.

cajunvike
06-16-2008, 02:33 PM
7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.
Longwell’s kick against the Packers. Before I got Sunday ticket, I had to listen to the games on the radio. Paul Allen. I still have the clip on my computer and listen to it all the time whenever I am sad. And then of coarse going to the game that I went too. That was one super fun weekend. We have VIP tickets, so we got to meet some of the cheerleaders (one of them being my love Stephanie) and Ragnar. Also we got to the game super early and watched them all roll up in the parking lot. Same with after the game. I remember I was waiting for Culpepper to come out, and he was like last to leave. The people we sat beside were really nice too.

Which game was that?
Are you maybe referring to the Edinger FG?

As for Stephanie...you can't have her...she's MINE!!!
>:(

cajunvike
06-16-2008, 02:35 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:




18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
I wouldn’t mind living in New York, but the weather is not quiet nice enough so I will say California or somewhere warm not in the USA where life is simple. Not a third world country, but some place where it is super relaxed and just nice everyday. I hate wearing pants (would rather wear shorts) and I have socks even more (shoeless is key).


I lived in NYC for 5 years.
The weather is fine.
Better than Edmonton, that's for sure.
You want fake with that sun?
Live in Cali.
You want real life in your face at all times?
Live in NYC.


So NYC with it's concrete,steel,glass and asphalt is real life in your face? I would argue that the Boundary waters would be a better representation of real life in your face ;)


The people are real.
The life is real and vibrant and breathing.
And Central Park is all the green you'll ever need.



To each his own.


No.
I'm right and all of you need to get on board.

=Z=


Cali gets a bad rap...I lived there and only have good things to say about it...SoCal at least.
NoCal was fun to visit though, so I can't say anything bad about it either.
Not knocking NYC though...I love the city.

gregair13
06-16-2008, 06:18 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"BadlandsViking" wrote:


18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
I wouldn’t mind living in New York, but the weather is not quiet nice enough so I will say California or somewhere warm not in the USA where life is simple. Not a third world country, but some place where it is super relaxed and just nice everyday. I hate wearing pants (would rather wear shorts) and I have socks even more (shoeless is key).


I lived in NYC for 5 years.
The weather is fine.
Better than Edmonton, that's for sure.
You want fake with that sun?
Live in Cali.
You want real life in your face at all times?
Live in NYC.

=Z=

i think everywhere has better weather than here. fake sun is the best kind of sun. lol. and i would love to live in NYC, but not just yet. If i ever have money, and lots of it, i would probably pick NYC first.

gregair13
06-16-2008, 06:21 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"UffDaVikes" wrote:






18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
I wouldn’t mind living in New York, but the weather is not quiet nice enough so I will say California or somewhere warm not in the USA where life is simple. Not a third world country, but some place where it is super relaxed and just nice everyday. I hate wearing pants (would rather wear shorts) and I have socks even more (shoeless is key).


I lived in NYC for 5 years.
The weather is fine.
Better than Edmonton, that's for sure.
You want fake with that sun?
Live in Cali.
You want real life in your face at all times?
Live in NYC.


So NYC with it's concrete,steel,glass and asphalt is real life in your face? I would argue that the Boundary waters would be a better representation of real life in your face ;)


The people are real.
The life is real and vibrant and breathing.
And Central Park is all the green you'll ever need.



To each his own.


No.
I'm right and all of you need to get on board.

=Z=


Oh, I see, the smoke and pollution is interfering with your thought process, Get out into nature and get some fresh air ;)

Sorry Gregair, no more threadjacking from me ;)

Nice read.


its not about green, i need the beach too. i actually am a horrible swimmer, but beach means bikinis. and that is always a good thing. if i wanted green, i can just drive 3 hours to the west and i am in the rocky mountains.

dont worry about the thread jacking, gets more posts in here and makes me look more popular :P

gregair13
06-16-2008, 06:27 PM
"cogitans" wrote:


"gregair13" wrote:


"cogitans" wrote:


Good to get to know more about you. You sound like a real dedicated fan.

Must have been a crazy experience with some good stories, a few years ago when the Oilers surprised everyone and went deep in the playoffs.
I'm not much of a hockey fan myself, but one of my good friends lived for a number of years with his family in Edmonton as a youngster. He went nuts with it, watching those games over here in the middle of the night.

oh i have some great stories. did you guys hear about the stuff that went down in our city during that run? it was freaking crazy. i can sahre if you like.
Please do. I haven't heard those stories.

Whyte Ave is our party place in the city. it is just off the university so there is tons of bars for about 6 blocks. so this is where the party was happening. after the games, people headed to the streets to celebrate with everyone else. one of the nights i was there was one of the bad violent nights. fires in the streets, glass broken, there was even a shopping cart the mod put girls in naming the cart the titty cart. anyways it was probably one of the craziest, most exciting, and scary night of my life. we watch the game at home and then head over there after so it was already packed when we got there. for about 3 blocks it was so packed you couldnt move. the next round the city figured out that the mess that was caused cannot happen again so they lined the streets with police and shut down the avenve to cars once the game started. then that didnt work so they lined the streets with police and didnt allow people on the road. cops were actually standing arms length apart for those 3 blocks. i am pretty sure you can look up pictures and stories from the edmontonjournal.com and find everything else.

gregair13
06-16-2008, 06:31 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:


7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.
Longwell’s kick against the Packers. Before I got Sunday ticket, I had to listen to the games on the radio. Paul Allen. I still have the clip on my computer and listen to it all the time whenever I am sad. And then of coarse going to the game that I went too. That was one super fun weekend. We have VIP tickets, so we got to meet some of the cheerleaders (one of them being my love Stephanie) and Ragnar. Also we got to the game super early and watched them all roll up in the parking lot. Same with after the game. I remember I was waiting for Culpepper to come out, and he was like last to leave. The people we sat beside were really nice too.

Which game was that?
Are you maybe referring to the Edinger FG?

As for Stephanie...you can't have her...she's MINE!!!
>:(

i will sendspace the clip of the kick and edit it into this post when i go on my other cpu.

Even though you have more posts and that means you must have a big johnson doesn't mean you get her. i do because i have her autograph and a picture with her and i love her way more than you. so :P

cajunvike
06-16-2008, 06:38 PM
"gregair13" wrote:


"cajunvike" wrote:


7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.
Longwell’s kick against the Packers. Before I got Sunday ticket, I had to listen to the games on the radio. Paul Allen. I still have the clip on my computer and listen to it all the time whenever I am sad. And then of coarse going to the game that I went too. That was one super fun weekend. We have VIP tickets, so we got to meet some of the cheerleaders (one of them being my love Stephanie) and Ragnar. Also we got to the game super early and watched them all roll up in the parking lot. Same with after the game. I remember I was waiting for Culpepper to come out, and he was like last to leave. The people we sat beside were really nice too.

Which game was that?
Are you maybe referring to the Edinger FG?

As for Stephanie...you can't have her...she's MINE!!!
>:(

i will sendspace the clip of the kick and edit it into this post when i go on my other cpu.

Even though you have more posts and that means you must have a big ***** doesn't mean you get her. i do because i have her autograph and a picture with her and i love her way more than you. so :P


Nope, she's mine...you will have to find some other hot redhead to be your girlfriend.
:P

El Vikingo
06-17-2008, 06:06 AM
Nice to know you a little more ,only 2 things greg.

1.You forgot saying your a GTA addicted.
2.Don´t worry about caj´s fixation with Stephanie,in the very moment she sees him naked she will run away like going nuts. ;)

gregair13
06-17-2008, 01:36 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:


"gregair13" wrote:


"cajunvike" wrote:


7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.
Longwell’s kick against the Packers. Before I got Sunday ticket, I had to listen to the games on the radio. Paul Allen. I still have the clip on my computer and listen to it all the time whenever I am sad. And then of coarse going to the game that I went too. That was one super fun weekend. We have VIP tickets, so we got to meet some of the cheerleaders (one of them being my love Stephanie) and Ragnar. Also we got to the game super early and watched them all roll up in the parking lot. Same with after the game. I remember I was waiting for Culpepper to come out, and he was like last to leave. The people we sat beside were really nice too.

Which game was that?
Are you maybe referring to the Edinger FG?

As for Stephanie...you can't have her...she's MINE!!!
>:(

i will sendspace the clip of the kick and edit it into this post when i go on my other cpu.

Even though you have more posts and that means you must have a big johnson doesn't mean you get her. i do because i have her autograph and a picture with her and i love her way more than you. so :P


Nope, she's mine...you will have to find some other hot redhead to be your girlfriend.
:P

That's ok. I will pick Lohan. A hot redhead is so rare tho. Kirsten Dunst and christy hemme are the only other two i can think of

Marrdro
06-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the read my friend....

By the way, I don't understand your title either.
You must have been cranky before I joined the site as I haven't seen anything out of you that would warrant the title.


16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.
*Snip"...... And I went to Christmas in Nova Scotia a few years ago. My mother had family there (they have moved since then).

Halifax was one of my favorite ports to hit when I was in the Navy.
Great people, great food and a party town.
;D

Prophet
06-18-2008, 05:40 AM
Fun read.
If you want to live in NYC just move there.

Zeus
06-18-2008, 07:46 AM
"gregair13" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"BadlandsViking" wrote:


18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
I wouldn’t mind living in New York, but the weather is not quiet nice enough so I will say California or somewhere warm not in the USA where life is simple. Not a third world country, but some place where it is super relaxed and just nice everyday. I hate wearing pants (would rather wear shorts) and I have socks even more (shoeless is key).


I lived in NYC for 5 years.
The weather is fine.
Better than Edmonton, that's for sure.
You want fake with that sun?
Live in Cali.
You want real life in your face at all times?
Live in NYC.


i think everywhere has better weather than here. fake sun is the best kind of sun. lol. and i would love to live in NYC, but not just yet. If i ever have money, and lots of it, i would probably pick NYC first.


The money can be worked out - and you don't have to live in Manhattan.
There are affordable and pleasant alternatives in the other boroughs and the subways connect you to everything.

=Z=

VikingMike
06-18-2008, 08:15 AM
Nice read, Greg.


15) What’s your favorite food?
Steak and most things my mom cooks for me.

Yeah, something about Mom's cooking...it's always good.


If you ever visit NY, let me and C Mac D know about it.

cogitans
06-18-2008, 02:40 PM
"gregair13" wrote:


"cogitans" wrote:


"gregair13" wrote:


"cogitans" wrote:


Good to get to know more about you. You sound like a real dedicated fan.

Must have been a crazy experience with some good stories, a few years ago when the Oilers surprised everyone and went deep in the playoffs.
I'm not much of a hockey fan myself, but one of my good friends lived for a number of years with his family in Edmonton as a youngster. He went nuts with it, watching those games over here in the middle of the night.

oh i have some great stories. did you guys hear about the stuff that went down in our city during that run? it was freaking crazy. i can sahre if you like.
Please do. I haven't heard those stories.

Whyte Ave is our party place in the city. it is just off the university so there is tons of bars for about 6 blocks. so this is where the party was happening. after the games, people headed to the streets to celebrate with everyone else. one of the nights i was there was one of the bad violent nights. fires in the streets, glass broken, there was even a shopping cart the mod put girls in naming the cart the titty cart. anyways it was probably one of the craziest, most exciting, and scary night of my life. we watch the game at home and then head over there after so it was already packed when we got there. for about 3 blocks it was so packed you couldnt move. the next round the city figured out that the mess that was caused cannot happen again so they lined the streets with police and shut down the avenve to cars once the game started. then that didnt work so they lined the streets with police and didnt allow people on the road. cops were actually standing arms length apart for those 3 blocks. i am pretty sure you can look up pictures and stories from the edmontonjournal.com and find everything else.
That is some story. Must have been an experience to be there, even if it sounds like it got somewhat out of hand

gregair13
07-08-2008, 11:47 PM
http://www.sendspace.com/file/fxd73s

Here (finally) is the kick i was talking about.

cajunvike
07-08-2008, 11:55 PM
"gregair13" wrote:


http://www.sendspace.com/file/fxd73s

Here (finally) is the kick i was talking about.


Yeah, it was Edinger...and that was my first Vikings game live at the Dome...what a great comeback that was...tons of glum Packers fans moping their way out to their cars and hotels. Heh heh heh!