PDA

View Full Version : Interest in Vikings, ticket sales are up

singersp
06-12-2008, 07:26 AM
Charley Walters: Interest in Minnesota Vikings, ticket sales are up (http://www.twincities.com/ci_9545423?source=most_viewed)

Charley Walters
cwalters@pioneerpress.com
twincities.com

Article Last Updated: 06/11/2008 12:36:21 AM CDT

General enthusiasm for the Vikings is as high as it has been in several years, team officials say...

Marrdro
06-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the indepth anaylsis and reporting Charlie.
::)

Purple Floyd
06-12-2008, 09:55 AM
It should be high. The FO has brought in legitimate talent all over the place this year. A much better approach that they took last year.

NodakPaul
06-12-2008, 11:40 AM
The Vikings expect their season-ticket renewal rate to end up at about 90 percent. That would be about 55,000 season tickets, same as last season.

"I don't think the renewal percentage is a factor of a fan-base erosion or anything; it's just a matter of the challenge of the Metrodome and people leaving their high-definition televisions at home to come sit in the Metrodome in some of the upper sections," LaCroix said.

I think LaCroix is right on the money there.

"Some of the renewals that did not plan to renew have called us back and have come back on board," he said.

Singer?
Was that you again?
Trying to get better seats again? ;)

jargomcfargo
06-12-2008, 12:00 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

[quote] it's just a matter of the challenge of the Metrodome and people leaving their high-definition televisions at home to come sit in the Metrodome in some of the upper sections," LaCroix said.

I am considering season tickets despite living 5 hrs. away. I have the big screen hdtv and gas is expensive. But when you throw in tailgating, it makes the live experience worthwhile.

BTW, I'm a big fan of LaCroix. He has done a good job for the Vikings.

Zeus
06-12-2008, 12:10 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

it's just a matter of the challenge of the Metrodome and people leaving their high-definition televisions at home to come sit in the Metrodome in some of the upper sections," LaCroix said.

I am considering season tickets despite living 5 hrs. away. I have the big screen hdtv and gas is expensive. But when you throw in tailgating, it makes the live experience worthwhile.

BTW, I'm a big fan of LaCroix. He has done a good job for the Vikings.

I'm still waiting for my fucking pin, however.

=Z=

singersp
06-12-2008, 09:28 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

The Vikings expect their season-ticket renewal rate to end up at about 90 percent. That would be about 55,000 season tickets, same as last season.

"I don't think the renewal percentage is a factor of a fan-base erosion or anything; it's just a matter of the challenge of the Metrodome and people leaving their high-definition televisions at home to come sit in the Metrodome in some of the upper sections," LaCroix said.

"Some of the renewals that did not plan to renew have called us back and have come back on board," he said.

Singer?
Was that you again?

Nope, I've been picking mine up off off eBay & getting them all under face value so far. Even with shipping figured in.

IMO, A lot of these extra season tix being sold are not being bought up by fans, but scalpers. The Vikings have added some good players & that will draw a lot of fans. Scalping is no longer illegal in MN & they see this as an opportunity to make money selling them.

EBay has been gluted with tix for sale since the Allen signing.

NordicNed
06-12-2008, 09:36 PM
None of this suprises me, and I'm going to go out on a limb by saying this but, at the end of Camp and going into pre-season games, I think the Vikings are going to be the talk of the NFC.
Most articals are going to be having it a three way race with all of us Neck and Neck going into the season..

Vikings

Giants

Cowgirls...

ALL SUPER BOWL CONTENDERS...

Tickets are going to sky rocket when it comes to scalpers prices and ebay.....Dam good investment right now I'de say...

Vikes_King
06-12-2008, 09:42 PM
oh how i love our fickle fans :)

Vikes_King
06-12-2008, 09:47 PM
btw bottom of the article:

It's a baby boy due Thursday for six-time Pro Bowl Vikings center Matt Birk and wife Adrianna, who have three daughters, ages 5, 3 and 1. Will the boy — name still undecided — be a Harvard graduate or a football player, like his dad?

"Hopefully both," Birk said.

congrats Matty B!

NodakPaul
06-12-2008, 10:09 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

oh how i love our fickle fans :)

pqmZapsR2a8

singersp
06-16-2008, 06:06 AM
Will High-Def Mean Low Sports Attendance? (http://www.tvpredictions.com/hdsports061508.htm)

Minnesota Vikings executive says it's getting tougher to draw fans.

By Swanni
tvpredictions.com

Washington, D.C. (June 15, 2008) -- A top Minnesota Vikings marketing executive says High-Definition TV is making his job more difficult....

ThorSPL
06-16-2008, 10:10 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Will High-Def Mean Low Sports Attendance? (http://www.tvpredictions.com/hdsports061508.htm)

By Swanni
tvpredictions.com

Washington, D.C. (June 15, 2008) -- A top Minnesota Vikings marketing executive says High-Definition TV is making his job more difficult....

The 125" screen w/ a high def projector DOES make it easier to be in another state and not at the game...

NodakPaul
06-16-2008, 10:32 AM
"ThorSPL" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

By Swanni
tvpredictions.com

The 125" screen w/ a high def projector DOES make it easier to be in another state and not at the game...

Yes it does.
That is why it is important to make the actual game experience that much better.
And yet another reason that we need a new stadium.

Purple Floyd
06-16-2008, 10:36 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"ThorSPL" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

By Swanni
tvpredictions.com

Yes it does.
That is why it is important to make the actual game experience that much better.

Oh, the old "Polish the turd" tactic.
Stadiums will never keep up with technology. I think they should just play in front of the green screen and then use special FX to fill in the stadium and the crowd. ;) ;D

jargomcfargo
06-16-2008, 10:58 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"ThorSPL" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

By Swanni
tvpredictions.com

Yes it does.

Oh, the old "Polish the turd" tactic.

Stadiums will never keep up with technology. I think they should just play in front of the green screen and then use special FX to fill in the stadium and the crowd. ;) ;D

You mean like when we allegedly landed on the moon?

For me the Immigrant song as the players run out gets me every time.
It's a different game live. You can see things the camera doesn't show.
Controversial plays aren't often replayed on the jumbotron. So it's nice to get home and view the recorded version.
The Metrodome isn't a huge issue for me. But keeping the Vikings in Minnesota is.

Zeus
06-16-2008, 01:14 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

The Metrodome isn't a huge issue for me. But keeping the Vikings in Minnesota is.

That sentence pretty much sums it up for me.

=Z=

BloodyHorns82
06-16-2008, 02:31 PM
"singersp" wrote:

By Swanni
tvpredictions.com

Excuses, Excuses.
It's not HD thats been keeping fans out of the Metrodome, it's the never above mediocre team we've been forced to chear for the last 10 years.
I think last year was the turning of the tide...Here we come, these are our years.

bdohb
06-26-2008, 06:36 PM
i agree. last year i went to my first vikings game ever. i liked it so much, i went out this year with my taxs and got my self some season tixs. cuz once we beat the hell of the pack on monday night opener. people be all over those remaining tixs.

marstc09
06-26-2008, 07:02 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

Singer?
Was that you again?

How can someone pass up going to the game vs. watching at home? The excitement level is not even comparable. I know money is a factor but actually season tickets cheaper than most teams.

SKOL
06-26-2008, 07:26 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Singer?
Was that you again?

How can someone pass up going to the game vs. watching at home? The excitement level is not even comparable. I know money is a factor but actually season tickets cheaper than most teams.

Exactly.
I've never lost my voice sitting on my couch, nor have I been moved to high five my neighbor.

singersp
08-21-2008, 06:47 AM
Stronger Demand Vikings Tickets this Upcoming Season (http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7250585&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1)

Last Edited: Wednesday, 20 Aug 2008, 4:29 PM CDT

Created: Wednesday, 20 Aug 2008, 4:29 PM CDT

myfoxtwincities.com

MINNEAPOLIS—The Vikings are seeing a stronger interest in Vikings tickets in comparison to last season.

singersp
08-21-2008, 06:52 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Stronger Demand Vikings Tickets this Upcoming Season (http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7250585&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1)

myfoxtwincities.com

MINNEAPOLIS—The Vikings are seeing a stronger interest in Vikings tickets in comparison to last season.

My guess is scalpers & brokers are a big reason for it. Scalping has been legalized in MN since last year & many are looking to make a few bucks.

While some games will go higher, predominately the Packers, I've seen many tickets on eBay go for under face value including the Giants game.

I watched 3 auctions along that went for less than half price last night.

NodakPaul
08-21-2008, 07:56 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

myfoxtwincities.com

My guess is scalpers & brokers are a big reason for it. Scalping has been legalized in MN since last year & many are looking to make a few bucks.

While some games will go higher, predominately the Packers, I've seen many tickets on eBay go for under face value including the Giants game.

There will always be deals, but I am seeing a lot more go for more than face.
Especially when you get out of the cheap seats.

singersp
08-21-2008, 07:59 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

myfoxtwincities.com

There will always be deals, but I am seeing a lot more go for more than face.
Especially when you get out of the cheap seats.

For the good games yes, but try watching for good seats for Houston, Atlanta, Carolina & Detroit.

Prophet
08-21-2008, 08:30 AM
The fairweather pansy-asses are coming out of the woodwork.

NodakPaul
08-21-2008, 08:43 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

The fairweather pansy-dimply buttocks are coming out of the woodwork.

I think that is more of the case here.

pqmZapsR2a8

Marrdro
08-21-2008, 12:08 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

The fairweather pansy-dimply buttocks are coming out of the woodwork.

Bastardo's.
Wonder what happened to them last year during the non-sellout sellouts?
>:(