PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Vs. Booty: Who Will The Vikings Benefit More From?

singersp
06-07-2008, 05:51 AM
Tarvaris Jackson Vs. John David Booty: Who Will The Vikings Benefit More From? (http://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/27916-Tarvaris-Jackson-Vs-John-David-Booty-Who-Will-The-Vikings-Benefit-More-From-)

by Ryan Parks (Scribe)
bleacherreport.com

June 06, 2008

Their is no secret that Tarvaris Jackson wasn't always on top of his game throughout the 2007 season. Many games weighed on the shoulders of Tarvaris as radio stations raved on him being the deciding factor for that nights game....

Mr-holland
06-07-2008, 06:14 AM
lol

tarvaris will probably start but Booty will be worked into the lineup and fortunately probably finish off the season unless Tarvaris comes out playing like an all-pro.
Yeah right, ain't gonne happen...

Also i think TJ and CPep are very alike.. His accuracy was not good but he's working on it..

gregair13
06-07-2008, 12:09 PM
competition helps. hopefully booty can push tjack to be better

Vikes_King
06-07-2008, 12:42 PM
TJack will be our starter.
Besides, unless Booty comes in and completely lights up the competition, he won't be seeing any playing time unless we're up by like 25+ points.
Remember that guy named Gus?

Yea, he's our #2 guy right now

dcboardr41
06-07-2008, 12:57 PM
wtf is this guy talking about, that we need someone like culp who can fire in passes, and then goes and says we need a very accurate QB. And he thinks Booty can do both, Booty does not have an extremely strong arm, but is accurate, it kinda sounds like the guy wants the vikes QB to be a hybrid of tjack and booty.

Vikes_King
06-07-2008, 01:00 PM
"dcboardr41" wrote:

wtf is this guy talking about, that we need someone like culp who can fire in passes, and then goes and says we need a very accurate QB. And he thinks Booty can do both, Booty does not have an extremely strong arm, but is accurate, it kinda sounds like the guy wants the vikes QB to be a hybrid of tjack and booty.

now theres a thought

ragz
06-07-2008, 01:01 PM
can we be realistic.
the only way booty plays this year is if we are terrible.
even if tjack struggles, but we are running the football and playing good defense, ferrotte will get the nod.
booty only steps in if the season is lost and they wanna see what hes got.
and if this is a viking fan website, which i believe it is, nobody wants that.

i do wonder though if the titans, cardinals, or jets have a 5th round pick, fans and media are clamoring to replace their young starting qbs?

singersp
06-07-2008, 05:54 PM
"ragz" wrote:

can we be realistic.
the only way booty plays this year is if we are terrible.
even if tjack struggles, but we are running the football and playing good defense, ferrotte will get the nod.
booty only steps in if the season is lost and they wanna see what hes got.
and if this is a viking fan website, which i believe it is, nobody wants that.

i do wonder though if the titans, cardinals, or jets have a 5th round pick, fans and media are clamoring to replace their young starting qbs?

You'd be surprised how many do.

gagarr
06-07-2008, 07:12 PM
This is the picture of Ryan Parks, author of the article.
Nuf said.

http://www.bleacherreport.com/images_root/user_pictures/0002/4491/chillin-1_profile_page.jpg

dcboardr41
06-07-2008, 07:13 PM
"gagarr" wrote:

Nuf said.

http://www.bleacherreport.com/images_root/user_pictures/0002/4491/chillin-1_profile_page.jpg

nice myspace pose

marstc09
06-07-2008, 07:24 PM
With the addition of Bernard Berrian, who isn't known for his "stellar" catches

Umm yes he is!
:o

Mr-holland
06-07-2008, 07:26 PM
"dcboardr41" wrote:

"gagarr" wrote:

Nuf said.

nice myspace pose

How should i interpertate your signature? Your not a Jared Allen kind of guy?

dcboardr41
06-07-2008, 07:29 PM
"Mr-holland" wrote:

"dcboardr41" wrote:

"gagarr" wrote:

Nuf said.

nice myspace pose

How should i interpertate your signature? Your not a Jared Allen kind of guy?

im a huge fan of him, his skills and him as a person, he seems like a crazy dude, my sig is just a joke, and it has nothing to do with driving, so its all legal lol :)

Ranger
06-07-2008, 10:56 PM
That author has a "punch me" face.

Anyway, if Booty sees the field for any other reason than us being up by a billion points, I'm going to be ridiculously pissed.
That means that either both Gus and TJ are injured, or that one is injured and the other is playing terrible ball.
Well, or they're both playing terrible ball.

Anyway, if that stuff happens, I'm going to lose my mind.

Marrdro
06-08-2008, 06:23 AM
"gregair13" wrote:

competition helps. hopefully booty can push tjack to be better

Not trying to call you out my friend, but I just don't understand what posters are trying to say when they make statements like that.

First......Competition helps what?

You do realize that because he is the starter, TJ will get almost all the snaps with the first unit.
What he doesn't take, Gus will get so he can get comfortable with the rest of the offense especially the C to QB snap and the timing with the WR's.

Gus will then get the majority of the snaps when the 2nd team is on the field.

That leads BB, Booty and Wright getting mop up duty with the rest of the crew.
Not much of a competition if one really thinks about it.

Second.....How do you think Booty is gonna push TJ to be better?

Maybe just Booty's presence alone will make TJ come in and study film during the offseason or maybe it will make him come in and work with his WR's and coaches during the offseason.

Ohhhh wait, he is already doing that long before Booty got here.

;D

No, I think TJ and TJ alone will make himself better and he has shown the desire and work ethic to do that with a lot of help from Coach Rodgers and the rest of the position coaches on the staff.

Marrdro
06-08-2008, 06:35 AM
Looks like the Bleacher Report has a bunch of kids writing for it.
Maybe thier budget is lacking or they have some sort of after school work program going on.
;D

Good effort by the kid but he sure isn't up to snuff with the likes of Tom Powers.
Tom wouldn't have written something like this.......

When the Vikings traded up in the fifth round to take Booty, they ushered in a new era at the quarterback position and picked a player who fit their offense.

Maybe the kid missed the prime indicator that this staff issued in a new era when they drafted TJ in the second of 2006 and didn't move up to get a QB in the second round of this draft (with a pretty decent kid available) and took a S instead.

I think the guy that sees a new era is the guy sitting at saftey.
;D

With Adrian in the backfield forcing defenses to concentrate on the running game, Booty should be given plenty of time in the pocket to get into his rhythm and put up crucial points.

Ole Tom would point out to the kid that the OL didn't give anybody time last year and might not be much better at it this year (at least for a few games) because of some small legal matters.
:D

The only issue is that when the playoffs come around, Booty will face teams that can apply pressure and cover the run game at the same time like Jacksonville.

I get it now.
Teams only bring the pressure during the playoffs.

On a side note:
I see anyone can create an account and write stuff on this site.
Kindof a novel idea.
Maybe all the sports hacks will be out of a job soon.
;D

ItalianStallion
06-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Booty will only play if one/both of our top 2 QBs are hurt and/or completely ineffective.
I don't see that happening, but we will not be in better hands with a rookie QB.

DustinDupont
06-09-2008, 01:34 PM
I didnt agree with the article at all... the only way Booty will see the field is if jackson and gus get hurt

C Mac D
06-09-2008, 01:36 PM
"DustinDupont" wrote:

I didnt agree with the article at all... the only way Booty will see the field is if jackson and gus get hurt

If Jackson and Gus get hurt actually.

The kid who wrote this article is about 15... he's a moron.

Marrdro
06-09-2008, 01:37 PM
"C" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

The kid who wrote this article is about 15... he's a silly guy.

LOL, and did just about as good a job as Tom Powers does.
;D

C Mac D
06-09-2008, 01:40 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

;D

I'd say that's an insult that can be used both ways...

cajunvike
06-09-2008, 02:18 PM
These turds must really be bored here in the offseason.

Marrdro
06-09-2008, 02:27 PM
"C" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

;D

I'd say that's an insult that can be used both ways...

Well played my friend.
Well played indeed.
;D