PDA

View Full Version : Defensive MVP - KWill

AngloVike
01-04-2005, 09:08 AM
Not sure if this was posted previously but it's about Kevin Williams on Sunday.

Love the quote

Entering the playoffs, Williams is playing his best.

"I need to," he said. "The defense is really counting on me as one of the guys up front. We want to win. This should be the time of year you play your best."

Glad to see that someone else on the D - apart from Winfield - recognises that they are being counted on. Love his attitude and his play, just hope he carries it into next season as well

article is at:
http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/10551337.htm

ultravikingfan
01-04-2005, 09:19 AM
K Will is a class act! The rest of the team needs to feed off of his hunger!

TheAnimal93
01-04-2005, 05:05 PM
KEVIN "THE ANIMAL" WILLIAMS" is going to be an all time great for the vikings. so glad that we took him. he very well could be mvp. who else? freeney? dunno, but he should get a lot consideration.

bleedpurple
01-04-2005, 05:33 PM
It's probably going to be ED REED for Baltimore or John Abrahms of the Jets...but Kwill is a total BEAST....

and to think fans were pissed that we selected Kevin Williams and not a corner or somebody else...

Hooversham
01-04-2005, 06:02 PM
"bleedpurple" wrote:

It's probably going to be ED REED for Baltimore or John Abrahms of the Jets...but Kwill is a total BEAST....

and to think fans were pissed that we selected Kevin Williams and not a corner or somebody else...

You can almost guarantee it will be Ed Reed. I like Dwight Freeney too.

But K.Williams is a MAN. I love that guy.

We bash the secondary and LB crew, but having only one guy with any semblence of a pass rush makes it awfully hard for those guys in back to cover receivers. Udeze will eventually be a star too I would imagine. Those two could reak havoc in the right scheme.

Calmwind
01-04-2005, 06:06 PM
Julius Peppers will beat out K Will also even tho i like the Beast better

kramer9guy
01-04-2005, 06:21 PM
We have needed a D-lineman like Kevin Williams for a long time. He is a difference maker. Reminescent of players from the not so distant past like Randle, Doleman, Millard and Thomas. He is what Hovan failed to become. I'm very happy he is a Viking.

vikefan4ever
01-04-2005, 11:47 PM
the only thing that scares me is that kwill will catch a bad case of negativity. it seems to be spreading around this team. i mean hovan used to be a beast, not as good as kwill but now look at him. i havent seen hovan fired up for 2 years. i mean now personally i'd rather see steve martin go in before hovan.

snowinapril
01-05-2005, 12:11 AM
Ed Reed
Dwight Freeny
Peppers
K Will.
Ray-Ray
Abrahms

Not bad company, but I think Reed gets it.

Vilma had a hell of a year for a Rook.

sdvikefan
01-05-2005, 03:06 AM
My best friend who is an OSU fan told me when we drafted him that Kevin Williams would be the best thing to happen to our defense in years. I thought he was exaggerating at the time...but he was right on!

hawaiianvike21
01-05-2005, 04:03 AM
Ed Reed should win it since he led the nfl in picks and had many tds for a db as well.

K-will is our defensive mvp, no one else comes closer except winfield. THey are like the only two guys playing defense and making plays. Glad to see him getting some credit and i hopefully would get to see him play live if i go to the pro bowl this year. :D

BBQ Platypus
01-05-2005, 12:16 PM
KWill is awesome, but I agree that they're going to give defensive MVP to someone else. However, I think he has played better than any defensive lineman in the league.

Is there a separate d-line award, like there is for linebackers?

VKG4LFE
01-05-2005, 06:40 PM
I think defensive MVP will be either Ed Reed or Julius Peppers. Give Kdub another couple years of dominance and he will be right up there in the voting!