PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss should be fined and publically held accountable.



RandyMoss8404
01-03-2005, 05:33 PM
He is my favorite player in the world - he is the reason why I began to watch this game.

And what he did against Washington was unexcuseable. I was sure that the newscasters had overblown it, that Packerbaggers were using hyperbole, that someone was taking something out of context.

Then I saw the replay.

Moss deserted the team. Yeah, he blocked down field. Yeah, he gave his all. But when the team needed him most, he hung his head and walked away instead of shouldering it like a man. I know the loss must have heart. I know he must see his youth and vigor slipping away, squandered by a foolish coach and an unpredictable franchise. I know he must have felt he'd already done his good deed of the day by not taking Adam Goldberg's head off.

But he turned his back on his team.

You can't do that - I couldn't do it in high school when I finished in the top 5 in the state in receptions, receiving TDs, and yards after the catch 3 out of 4 years, only for us to lose 32 of 36 games. I couldn't walk away. And I didn't get paid a damn thing. Moss hurt me badly on Sunday - I look up to him as a player, but also as a man. He overcame adversity - he has a good heart. He has overcome and outdone everything everyone has ever said about him - "he can't play in the NFL, he can't block, etc." All of it. But not this time. This time he hung his head before a light at the end of the tunnel could be seen. I'm very dissapointed, and hope only that he'll apologize publically and take out his guilt by ravaging the Green Bay secondary.

But that's my piece - say what you will.

tlk23
01-03-2005, 05:38 PM
Moss did what every Vikings fan wanted to do; just get up and leave. If I was Moss I would have left too.

RK.
01-03-2005, 05:54 PM
I don't really blame him either. The game was over he wasn't going back out on the field with 2 seconds left on the clock. The Vikings had just embarrassed themselves and their fans by not stepping up once again in a must win situation, (not to a mention a should win). How could he be letting the team down? They had already let themselves down. :(
You know, you ask a player to get up emotionally for a game like this. Don't be surprised at the flip side when it gets blown this badly. I have no doubt the whole team was looking for the exit, Moss just found it first. :(

JohnnyBlood92
01-03-2005, 05:59 PM
I'm not suprised at all by what Moss did.. in fact it follows the pattern of dumb things he's done/said his entire career. What you basically have is a selfish player who doesn't think or care about how his actions will affect the rest of the team. Matt Birk seemed pretty ticked off about what Randy did. Randy's act of walking off the field symbolizes why the Vikes always collapse.. they never finish a game/season. If the Vikes did happen to get the onsides kick, they would have been within a Duante throw of a victory (much like the pass the play before to Robinson). There's no excuse for what Moss did, and I don't see why some of you defend him.

XTAP59
01-03-2005, 06:06 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

He is my favorite player in the world - he is the reason why I began to watch this game.

And what he did against Washington was unexcuseable. I was sure that the newscasters had overblown it, that Packerbaggers were using hyperbole, that someone was taking something out of context.

Then I saw the replay.

Moss deserted the team. Yeah, he blocked down field. Yeah, he gave his all. But when the team needed him most, he hung his head and walked away instead of shouldering it like a man. I know the loss must have heart. I know he must see his youth and vigor slipping away, squandered by a foolish coach and an unpredictable franchise. I know he must have felt he'd already done his good deed of the day by not taking Adam Goldberg's head off.

But he turned his back on his team.

You can't do that - I couldn't do it in high school when I finished in the top 5 in the state in receptions, receiving TDs, and yards after the catch 3 out of 4 years, only for us to lose 32 of 36 games. I couldn't walk away. And I didn't get paid a damn thing. Moss hurt me badly on Sunday - I look up to him as a player, but also as a man. He overcame adversity - he has a good heart. He has overcome and outdone everything everyone has ever said about him - "he can't play in the NFL, he can't block, etc." All of it. But not this time. This time he hung his head before a light at the end of the tunnel could be seen. I'm very dissapointed, and hope only that he'll apologize publically and take out his guilt by ravaging the Green Bay secondary.

But that's my piece - say what you will.

You stated "When we needed him most?"
You mean on the onside kickoff attempt?

Its great that he is your favorite player. I'm sure it hurts. But please remember what Moss said several years, and since he is your facorite player, you already know this. he stated that he doesn't want to be anyone's role model. He doesn't want to play the media game. He is just going to be Moss.

And BTW, his youth and vigor are not slpiing away. He is in his prime and will be for several years to come.

If you must compare his actions, then compare them to Jerry Rice, who when he wasn't getting the ball enough in Sanfrancisco, demanded a trade and wound up on the Raiders. The same Jerry Rice who when on the Raiders was kicking and screaming that he wasn't getting the ball enough. The same Jerry Rice who ripped of his helmet and caused a scene on the sideline when one of his records fell for not having a catch in a game.

So, I am not condoning what Moss did at the end of the game, nor am I with Rice, or T. Owens, or Favre. it was/is there choice and we as fans can either like the team he plays for or not.

JohnnyBlood92
01-03-2005, 06:13 PM
"XTAP59" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

He is my favorite player in the world - he is the reason why I began to watch this game.

And what he did against Washington was unexcuseable. I was sure that the newscasters had overblown it, that Packerbaggers were using hyperbole, that someone was taking something out of context.

Then I saw the replay.

Moss deserted the team. Yeah, he blocked down field. Yeah, he gave his all. But when the team needed him most, he hung his head and walked away instead of shouldering it like a man. I know the loss must have heart. I know he must see his youth and vigor slipping away, squandered by a foolish coach and an unpredictable franchise. I know he must have felt he'd already done his good deed of the day by not taking Adam Goldberg's head off.

But he turned his back on his team.

You can't do that - I couldn't do it in high school when I finished in the top 5 in the state in receptions, receiving TDs, and yards after the catch 3 out of 4 years, only for us to lose 32 of 36 games. I couldn't walk away. And I didn't get paid a damn thing. Moss hurt me badly on Sunday - I look up to him as a player, but also as a man. He overcame adversity - he has a good heart. He has overcome and outdone everything everyone has ever said about him - "he can't play in the NFL, he can't block, etc." All of it. But not this time. This time he hung his head before a light at the end of the tunnel could be seen. I'm very dissapointed, and hope only that he'll apologize publically and take out his guilt by ravaging the Green Bay secondary.

But that's my piece - say what you will.

You stated "When we needed him most?"
You mean on the onside kickoff attempt?

Its great that he is your favorite player. I'm sure it hurts. But please remember what Moss said several years, and since he is your facorite player, you already know this. he stated that he doesn't want to be anyone's role model. He doesn't want to play the media game. He is just going to be Moss.

And BTW, his youth and vigor are not slpiing away. He is in his prime and will be for several years to come.

If you must compare his actions, then compare them to Jerry Rice, who when he wasn't getting the ball enough in Sanfrancisco, demanded a trade and wound up on the Raiders. The same Jerry Rice who when on the Raiders was kicking and screaming that he wasn't getting the ball enough. The same Jerry Rice who ripped of his helmet and caused a scene on the sideline when one of his records fell for not having a catch in a game.

So, I am not condoning what Moss did at the end of the game, nor am I with Rice, or T. Owens, or Favre. it was/is there choice and we as fans can either like the team he plays for or not.How can you possibly put Favre in a category of idiotic displays of selfishness with Moss, Rice, and Owens?? I know you guys hate him because he's one of the greats of all time, but you absolutely cannot question his loyalty to his team. Also, Moss should have stayed because the game wasn't over!!! If the onsides kick was recovered, what would he have done then?? Ran back on the field to go deep?? He's not been himself this year, even w/out the injury. Remember a couple weeks ago when he was just going through the motions against Green Bay and didn't even have an injury? The only way the Vikes will ever start winning games is if they and their fans (i.e. you guys) start admitting when your stars mess up and try and fix it. If Javon Walker did the same thing, I guarantee you that every Packer fan would be on him like a guy from Oshkosh on some cheese curds!

XTAP59
01-03-2005, 06:22 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

"XTAP59" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

He is my favorite player in the world - he is the reason why I began to watch this game.

And what he did against Washington was unexcuseable. I was sure that the newscasters had overblown it, that Packerbaggers were using hyperbole, that someone was taking something out of context.

Then I saw the replay.

Moss deserted the team. Yeah, he blocked down field. Yeah, he gave his all. But when the team needed him most, he hung his head and walked away instead of shouldering it like a man. I know the loss must have heart. I know he must see his youth and vigor slipping away, squandered by a foolish coach and an unpredictable franchise. I know he must have felt he'd already done his good deed of the day by not taking Adam Goldberg's head off.

But he turned his back on his team.

You can't do that - I couldn't do it in high school when I finished in the top 5 in the state in receptions, receiving TDs, and yards after the catch 3 out of 4 years, only for us to lose 32 of 36 games. I couldn't walk away. And I didn't get paid a damn thing. Moss hurt me badly on Sunday - I look up to him as a player, but also as a man. He overcame adversity - he has a good heart. He has overcome and outdone everything everyone has ever said about him - "he can't play in the NFL, he can't block, etc." All of it. But not this time. This time he hung his head before a light at the end of the tunnel could be seen. I'm very dissapointed, and hope only that he'll apologize publically and take out his guilt by ravaging the Green Bay secondary.

But that's my piece - say what you will.

You stated "When we needed him most?"
You mean on the onside kickoff attempt?

Its great that he is your favorite player. I'm sure it hurts. But please remember what Moss said several years, and since he is your facorite player, you already know this. he stated that he doesn't want to be anyone's role model. He doesn't want to play the media game. He is just going to be Moss.

And BTW, his youth and vigor are not slpiing away. He is in his prime and will be for several years to come.

If you must compare his actions, then compare them to Jerry Rice, who when he wasn't getting the ball enough in Sanfrancisco, demanded a trade and wound up on the Raiders. The same Jerry Rice who when on the Raiders was kicking and screaming that he wasn't getting the ball enough. The same Jerry Rice who ripped of his helmet and caused a scene on the sideline when one of his records fell for not having a catch in a game.

So, I am not condoning what Moss did at the end of the game, nor am I with Rice, or T. Owens, or Favre. it was/is there choice and we as fans can either like the team he plays for or not.How can you possibly put Favre in a category of idiotic displays of selfishness with Moss, Rice, and Owens?? I know you guys hate him because he's one of the greats of all time, but you absolutely cannot question his loyalty to his team. Also, Moss should have stayed because the game wasn't over!!! If the onsides kick was recovered, what would he have done then?? Ran back on the field to go deep?? He's not been himself this year, even w/out the injury. Remember a couple weeks ago when he was just going through the motions against Green Bay and didn't even have an injury? The only way the Vikes will ever start winning games is if they and their fans (i.e. you guys) start admitting when your stars mess up and try and fix it. If Javon Walker did the same thing, I guarantee you that every Packer fan would be on him like a guy from Oshkosh on some cheese curds!

I put Favre in that category for after defeats in some games, he runs off the field avoiding the press or media. The media says he's just mad or saddened by the loss and doesn't want to give an interview. When others do the same, they get called out.....


And, about Moss against the packers. Yes, he did have an injury. Two of them in fact. He is still not 100% from the hamstring tear and that is weeks later and he has been battling back pain spasms for several years now.

JohnnyBlood92
01-03-2005, 06:27 PM
Thats a pretty dumb comparison. What star QB allows himself to be interviewed after every single devastating loss? Brett has never ever sold the rest of his team out on the field! Do you think he'd ever take plays off or say he "plays when I wanna play"? The only negative thing that you guys can say about his was his pain killer addiction. Which, by the way, was because of severe pain he had from having 2 1/2 feet of intestines removed. I could bring up a lot worse things Moss has done.. like beating up his girlfriend. The guy is talented, but a scumbag!

LosAngelis
01-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Hi.

I'm not here to get into an argument.

I just thought I would mention that the NFL may choose to decide to penalize Moss, as his leaving of the field may be construed as unsportsmanlike conduct.

They also know the Vikings won't do it themselves.

No offense intended. Continue bickering.

Toss2Moss84
01-03-2005, 06:40 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

Thats a pretty dumb comparison. What star QB allows himself to be interviewed after every single devastating loss? Brett has never ever sold the rest of his team out on the field! Do you think he'd ever take plays off or say he "plays when I wanna play"? The only negative thing that you guys can say about his was his pain killer addiction. Which, by the way, was because of severe pain he had from having 2 1/2 feet of intestines removed. I could bring up a lot worse things Moss has done.. like beating up his girlfriend. The guy is talented, but a scumbag!

November 2001, Brett Favre left for the locker room with 30 seconds remaining after throwing a pick. I was 30 feet away from him when he did it.

And you might be wrong about have JUST his intestines removed. By the way he cries every single game I think he got his manhood removed too.

JohnnyBlood92
01-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Favre left when the other team had the ball and there was absolutely no chance to win. You guys had a chance to win. And you're going to make fun of Favre for crying?? I've rarely seen him break down, but I'd rather have a player throw everything he has on the field then walk off it without even trying.. and so would you!

Toss2Moss84
01-03-2005, 06:54 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

Brett has never ever sold the rest of his team out on the field!
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

Favre left when the other team had the ball and there was absolutely no chance to win

:scratch: :roll:

JohnnyBlood92
01-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Wow what a great job of taking my parts of 2 quotes out of context. How about you actually read my posts, then respond.

Viking_Spirit
01-03-2005, 07:03 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

Favre left when the other team had the ball and there was absolutely no chance to win. You guys had a chance to win. And you're going to make fun of Favre for crying?? I've rarely seen him break down, but I'd rather have a player throw everything he has on the field then walk off it without even trying.. and so would you!
Having to recover an onside kick and then get a play off, and do both in 2 seconds? Please. They had no chance at all of winning, and it was over when Moss walked on the field. Heck, I gave up and started watching the Saints game because I realized that the vikes had no chance at winning.

vegasvike
01-03-2005, 07:07 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

Thats a pretty dumb comparison. What star QB allows himself to be interviewed after every single devastating loss? Brett has never ever sold the rest of his team out on the field! Do you think he'd ever take plays off or say he "plays when I wanna play"? The only negative thing that you guys can say about his was his pain killer addiction. Which, by the way, was because of severe pain he had from having 2 1/2 feet of intestines removed. I could bring up a lot worse things Moss has done.. like beating up his girlfriend. The guy is talented, but a scumbag!

What star player would be begging for an interview RIGHT after a loss? To say that Favre has the right to decline an interview just because he is a star QB is the dumbest shit!!! Oh yeah that whole " I play when I wanna play" statement, do you think that he was buttoning his shirt and said it for no fuckin reason? He was asked by a reporter " Now that Cris Carter is gone how are you going to motivate yourself to play?" I thought that I would share that being that you shared with us the reason that Favre was addicted to drugs and alcohol

JohnnyBlood92
01-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Well if you didn't give up on the game like Moss did, you would have seen that the Redskins had the ball w/ one second left and Ramsey had to kneel to let the clock run out after the onsides kick. Thank you for making my point for me. Your team will never win the big one or make it there again with such defeatist crap like that!

Wyndy11
01-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Did anyone take into consideration that 3 players had flu like symptoms earlier in the week. Maybe, just maybe Moss was feeling ill???

Viking_Spirit
01-03-2005, 07:55 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

Well if you didn't give up on the game like Moss did, you would have seen that the Redskins had the ball w/ one second left and Ramsey had to kneel to let the clock run out after the onsides kick. Thank you for making my point for me. Your team will never win the big one or make it there again with such defeatist crap like that!
Yes, the Redskins got ball. Even if the Vikings could somehow recover a magical fumble on a spike, there would be no time to make a play.

I didn't prove anything for you. Plain and simple, you cannot recover an onside kick and then get a play off in 2 seconds. It just dosen't happen. The Redskins recovering it dosen't mean anything...

What are you getting at?

cajunvike
01-03-2005, 08:03 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

Wow what a great job of taking my parts of 2 quotes out of context. How about you actually read my posts, then respond.

I went back and CAREFULLY read both of the posts that the quotes came from...and you know what, the statements stand on their own without needing the rest of the post. The fact that they contradict each other means that you just got SERVED!

JohnnyBlood92
01-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Viking_Spirit, you're an idiot. THE REDSKINS DID GET A PLAY OFF AFTER THE ONSIDES KICK!!! PATRICK RAMSEY HAD TO TAKE A KNEE ON THE LAST PLAY OFF THE GAME!!! Did you even watch the end of the game??

XTAP59
01-03-2005, 08:21 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

Thats a pretty dumb comparison. What star QB allows himself to be interviewed after every single devastating loss? Brett has never ever sold the rest of his team out on the field! Do you think he'd ever take plays off or say he "plays when I wanna play"? The only negative thing that you guys can say about his was his pain killer addiction. Which, by the way, was because of severe pain he had from having 2 1/2 feet of intestines removed. I could bring up a lot worse things Moss has done.. like beating up his girlfriend. The guy is talented, but a scumbag!

So, in your own logic, when favre suffers a devasating loss its ok for him not to talk to reporters but to run from the field but when Moss suffers the same type of loss, he's a scumbag.

You have a weak argument there.

JohnnyBlood92
01-03-2005, 08:23 PM
He's a scumbag for a lot of other reasons. And I seriously would not want him in Green Bay.

Kleinsasser40
01-03-2005, 08:24 PM
"Toss2Moss84" wrote:

"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

Brett has never ever sold the rest of his team out on the field!
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

Favre left when the other team had the ball and there was absolutely no chance to win

:scratch: :roll:


hahahahahaha :thumbright:

XTAP59
01-03-2005, 08:27 PM
"Toss2Moss84" wrote:

"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

Thats a pretty dumb comparison. What star QB allows himself to be interviewed after every single devastating loss? Brett has never ever sold the rest of his team out on the field! Do you think he'd ever take plays off or say he "plays when I wanna play"? The only negative thing that you guys can say about his was his pain killer addiction. Which, by the way, was because of severe pain he had from having 2 1/2 feet of intestines removed. I could bring up a lot worse things Moss has done.. like beating up his girlfriend. The guy is talented, but a scumbag!

November 2001, Brett Favre left for the locker room with 30 seconds remaining after throwing a pick. I was 30 feet away from him when he did it.

And you might be wrong about have JUST his intestines removed. By the way he cries every single game I think he got his manhood removed too.

Lets see how johnnyboy tries to weasel out of this. He just called moss a scumbag for leaving with two seconds left with no chance to win and Favre leaves with 30 seconds and left because of his own mistake, an intercepted pass. He leaves out of disgust........

JohnnyBlood92
01-03-2005, 08:27 PM
I'll say the same thing I said before.. read both of my posts and you'll understand my meaning.

cajunvike
01-03-2005, 08:28 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

He's a scumbag for a lot of other reasons. And I seriously would not want him in Green Bay.

Speaking of scumbags, at least he is not a child molester like Chumura (who did play in GB)...I will take our "scumbag" over yours any day.

BTW, Moss would never want to play in GB anyway...so you will get your wish.

JohnnyBlood92
01-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Chmura was found not guilty...

XTAP59
01-03-2005, 08:32 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

Favre left when the other team had the ball and there was absolutely no chance to win. You guys had a chance to win. And you're going to make fun of Favre for crying?? I've rarely seen him break down, but I'd rather have a player throw everything he has on the field then walk off it without even trying.. and so would you!

Hmmnnn. Lets see. Favre leaves the game with 30 seconds left because he threw an interception and is upset. Moss leaves with two seconds left because he did everything he could and still lost the game.

you claim the pack had no chance to win. Well, didn't the Eagles lose a game running out the clock a few years back. The QB kneeling down and thought the game was over and the defender picked the ball up and scored a TD winning the game.....? I thought so.....!!!

Your replies are becoming more incoherent as we go. you are more fun than pacmannxxx whatever his name is.......

cajunvike
01-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Doesn't mean that he wasn't...only that the jury (or judge) saw fit to acquit him!

VikingsTw
01-03-2005, 08:33 PM
He left his teamates, his QB, his O Line, his coaches, he left his entire team. Thats not right at all. Thats the last thing i would do in a situation like that. Never never ever would i do that.

Shame on moss, but moss is moss and hes gonna do what he's gonna do, i'm willing to forgive him. Really theres no point in argueing this, whatever that packer fan says isnt going to change my mind, or anyone else.

Blood92 your truly wasting your time, you may get some attention but your proving nothing.

Viking_Spirit
01-03-2005, 08:34 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

Viking_Spirit, you're an idiot. THE REDSKINS DID GET A PLAY OFF AFTER THE ONSIDES KICK!!! PATRICK RAMSEY HAD TO TAKE A KNEE ON THE LAST PLAY OFF THE GAME!!! Did you even watch the end of the game??
NO S**T BUDDY! I said that I knew they got a play off. And, I already said I didn't watch the end of the game (meaning I didn't watch the last 2 seconds). I did tape it though. What I also am saying is that the Vikings would have had to recover the kick and get a play off in those 2 seconds. Nearly impossible....the reason the Redskins had any time on the clock is because their guy caught it right away and went down very quickly. The Vikes could not recover the kick and get a play off in 2 seconds.

God damn you're making my head spin.

kramer9guy
01-03-2005, 08:34 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

...The guy is talented, but a scumbag!

You have got to be kidding me. Scumbag? Get a life. I know you are biased and lean towards the dark side (the vomit green and puke yellow of the fudgepackers) but give us all a break. Moss may have done a few immature things on the field during his career (the majority of it well in the past) but his actions last Sunday do not call for him be called a scumbag. He calmly walked off the field in disgust knowing the game was over. Not a good example for the rest of the team but life goes on.

But you wanna know who is a scumbag???

...The "closet crapper" Najeh Davenport...who is on your team.
He is the definition of a scumbag.

And you wanna talk about wife beating?
Favre isn't the angel you make him out to be my friend.

Before you point fingers take off your rose colored glasses and look at your own pitiful organization...

JohnnyBlood92
01-03-2005, 08:36 PM
I honestly do not remember Favre leaving that game... but even if thats true, you're going to tell me that Moss is a better team player then him? Come on, now at least be honest. And can't you even appreciate a guy like Favre? My father is a lifelong Packer fan. He hates the Vikes, but even he rooted for them when they made the Super Bowl in the 70's because they were a regional team and he had to respect Fran Tarkenton. BTW Tarkenton and Favre play w/ a similar style, no?

XTAP59
01-03-2005, 08:36 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

Viking_Spirit, you're an idiot. THE REDSKINS DID GET A PLAY OFF AFTER THE ONSIDES KICK!!! PATRICK RAMSEY HAD TO TAKE A KNEE ON THE LAST PLAY OFF THE GAME!!! Did you even watch the end of the game??

He has now resorted to name calling....
Nana nana boo boo......

muchluv4smoot
01-03-2005, 08:38 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

Chmura was found not guilty...



So was OJ.

XTAP59
01-03-2005, 08:38 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

He's a scumbag for a lot of other reasons. And I seriously would not want him in Green Bay.

No, no no. Don't be like pacmannxxx and not answer the questions....
Is it ok for Favre to run off the filed and not grant interviews but if moss doesn't, he is a scumbag?.....

C'mon, we all know the answer. Go on. We know.....

muchluv4smoot
01-03-2005, 08:39 PM
How about players that go into a random girls dormroom and take a dump in their closet??? Don't think the vikes have any of them, if you want to talk about scum.

JohnnyBlood92
01-03-2005, 08:39 PM
LOL i'm trying to respond to all of these posts and everytime I make a post there are five more to respond to <sigh>. My point is that Moss brings the team down by his antics over and over again? Even Matt Birk was pissed and called him out! If I were the Vikes, I'd trade Moss for a couple draft picks, build your D up, and make Culpepper the center of your offense. Remember how much better Favre got when he didn't have to concentrate on throwing to Sterling Sharpe all the time??

XTAP59
01-03-2005, 08:40 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

I'll say the same thing I said before.. read both of my posts and you'll understand my meaning.

You don't even understand what you are posting....
You are becoming more incoherent in each post.

XTAP59
01-03-2005, 08:43 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

He left his teamates, his QB, his O Line, his coaches, he left his entire team. Thats not right at all. Thats the last thing i would do in a situation like that. Never never ever would i do that.

Shame on moss, but moss is moss and hes gonna do what he's gonna do, i'm willing to forgive him. Really theres no point in argueing this, whatever that packer fan says isnt going to change my mind, or anyone else.

Blood92 your truly wasting your time, you may get some attention but your proving nothing.

No need to forgive Moss. Moss is Moss. He is what he is. The best wide receiver in the NFL.

VikingsTw
01-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Yeah he's really getting smoked, maybe he should quit before it gets worse.

muchluv4smoot
01-03-2005, 08:48 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

LOL i'm trying to respond to all of these posts and everytime I make a post there are five more to respond to <sigh>. My point is that Moss brings the team down by his antics over and over again? Even Matt Birk was pissed and called him out! If I were the Vikes, I'd trade Moss for a couple draft picks, build your D up, and make Culpepper the center of your offense. Remember how much better Favre got when he didn't have to concentrate on throwing to Sterling Sharpe all the time??


Trading moss would kill our salary cap, so that makes no sense. How is taking a huge cap hit helping our team out? Because we will get rid of a guy who left the field with 2 seconds left? Yeah, that really hurt our teams chance of winning. Would we have won if moss stayed on the field? No. Would we have a better chance of beating the pack this week, if moss stayed for those 2 seconds? No.

Why do you guys just take the smallest thing and blow it out of proportion, when it comes to moss? Just so you can try and tell us that we should trade the best WR in the game? Give it up already with the stupid trade moss crap, it gets old and makes no sense.

You guys should trade favre cause he throws int's all the time and you need a QB that takes care of the ball. See, we can make stupid comments about your players too.

JohnnyBlood92
01-03-2005, 08:48 PM
Moss is not the best receiver in the NFL. I'd take Javon Walker, Owens, Harrison, Freeney, orTorry Holt over Moss.

VikingsTw
01-03-2005, 08:50 PM
Javon Walker? WTF are you on crack, the guy has one good season and all the packer fans are praising him.

I'll exept your arguement when he has 7 or 8 season like the one he had this season.

muchluv4smoot
01-03-2005, 08:51 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

Moss is not the best receiver in the NFL. I'd take Javon Walker, Owens, Harrison, Freeney, orTorry Holt over Moss.



Freeney????

Well, that just tells us everything right there, you would take javon walker over moss. Gee, I wonder if you r a bias pack fan?? Hmm.

If you want us to believe you a little, maybe leave your precious pack WR off the list, cause he doesn't deserve to be there. One year doesn't make a guy the best WR. And average moss' #'s for games played this year, and he had better #'s than your super star walker.

Viking_Spirit
01-03-2005, 08:51 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

Javon Walker? WTF are you on crack, the guy has one good season and all the packer fans are praising him.

I'll exept your arguement when he has 7 or 8 season like the one he had this season.
I wanna see how he does once Fav-Ray retires. That is where he's gonna prove wether he's the real thing or not.

JohnnyBlood92
01-03-2005, 08:53 PM
I'm talking about right now.. the present.. and Walker had a much better season then Moss. Yes I know Moss was injured for a few games, but he hasn't been the dominating force he used to be. In fact, ever since Robert Smith retired, Moss hasn't been as effective. He's very good yes, but not a complete receiver like Owens. When Smith retired, teams were able to commit the safety to the pass, significanly reducing Randy's long ball opportunities.

VikeMike
01-03-2005, 08:55 PM
I think Moss walking off was shear frustration - he did all he could to win - even scoring a TD, but it came back due to mistakes on the OLine (not the first time one of his TDs has come back due to false start/hold/etc.) and Nate (love him still) dropped the winning TD towards the end also. The game was over. I don't have a problem with what he did - I would have to in his situation.

Should he have done it? NO, but he had done everything he could, IMO, and was done. And he is closer to 100% now, but still hurting no matter what Tice says. Both hammy and back.

Mike

Viking_Spirit
01-03-2005, 08:56 PM
Moss 13 TD's, Walker 12 TD's

And Moss also didn't play 3 games, and played what amounted to almost nothing in 2 of them. Then there's the fact he's been injured most of the season. Walker having a much better season than Moss? Come on.

JohnnyBlood92
01-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Yes, he is. Moss has a bloated amount of TD's because the Vikes throw the ball in the red zone. The Packers, being primarily a run team, pound the ball. Walker has many, many more yards receiving and makes the tough catches across the middle.

muchluv4smoot
01-03-2005, 09:01 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

I'm talking about right now.. the present.. and Walker had a much better season then Moss. Yes I know Moss was injured for a few games, but he hasn't been the dominating force he used to be. In fact, ever since Robert Smith retired, Moss hasn't been as effective. He's very good yes, but not a complete receiver like Owens. When Smith retired, teams were able to commit the safety to the pass, significanly reducing Randy's long ball opportunities.



Moss' down year. 10 1/2 games played 796 yards and 13 TD's
Walkers great year. 16 games 1382 yards and 12 TD's.

Moss was also not 100% for 3 or 4 of those 10 1/2 games too.

Weird how walker is better, yet with moss having a down year, like you say, he still managed to put up great #'s in the games he played healthy. You know as well as we all know, that moss stays healthy like walker did, and he has 1500+ yards and 20 Td's. But go ahead and enjoy the next year of trying to say walker is better than moss cause he put up better #'s than an injured moss. The truth will show next year.

muchluv4smoot
01-03-2005, 09:03 PM
"Viking_Spirit" wrote:

Moss 13 TD's, Walker 12 TD's

And Moss also didn't play 3 games, and played what amounted to almost nothing in 2 of them. Then there's the fact he's been injured most of the season. Walker having a much better season than Moss? Come on.


Moss sat out 3 games, missed the 2nd half of the NO game and played 2 snaps in 2 more games, so he actually only played 10 1/2 games. And he clearly hasn't been 100% since he has been back.

JohnnyBlood92
01-03-2005, 09:04 PM
My entire point is that the Vikes are such a one dimensional throw to Moss team. They were much better when they had Robert Smith, Jake Reed, and Cris Carter on the offensive side of the ball. If Walker was the only real pro bowl caliber player we had on the offensive side of the ball (besides the QB), I'm sure we'd pad his stats, too. Remember that whole Moss ratio garbage Tice tried?

Primetime42
01-03-2005, 09:06 PM
Johnny, I'd quit while I was ahead...

Viking_Spirit
01-03-2005, 09:07 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

My entire point is that the Vikes are such a one dimensional throw to Moss team. They were much better when they had Robert Smith, Jake Reed, and Cris Carter on the offensive side of the ball. If Walker was the only real pro bowl caliber player we had on the offensive side of the ball (besides the QB), I'm sure we'd pad his stats, too. Remember that whole Moss ratio garbage Tice tried?
No they aren't....Culpepper has 4700+ yards passing, and Moss only has something like 790 of those. That's anything but a "one-dimensional throw to Moss team". Not to mention the Vikes run the ball well.

JohnnyBlood92
01-03-2005, 09:08 PM
The Vikes do not run the ball like the Packers do. Culpepper spreads the ball around. I'm just saying that getting a couple good defensive players for Moss and letting Culpepper really spread the ball around without having to worry about throwing to Moss and making him upset would make you a much better team.

muchluv4smoot
01-03-2005, 09:12 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

The Vikes do not run the ball like the Packers do. Culpepper spreads the ball around. I'm just saying that getting a couple good defensive players for Moss and letting Culpepper really spread the ball around without having to worry about throwing to Moss and making him upset would make you a much better team.



You just said culpepper spreads the ball around. So what sense does it make to trade Moss, so daunte can spread the ball around, when he is already doing it???

muchluv4smoot
01-03-2005, 09:13 PM
"Primetime42" wrote:

Johnny, I'd quit while I was ahead...


Yeah, he is trying to get ahead, but it isn't happening, so that is why he won't quit.

JohnnyBlood92
01-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Oh I don't quit like Moss does =)

muchluv4smoot
01-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Moss healthy this year, 4 1/2 games 394 yards 8 Td's, sounds like he was doing very well until he got injured, No? So did he have a down year or an injury plagued year?

muchluv4smoot
01-03-2005, 09:18 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

Oh I don't quit like Moss does =)


Nice

cajunvike
01-03-2005, 10:13 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

Moss is not the best receiver in the NFL. I'd take Javon Walker, Owens, Harrison, Freeney, orTorry Holt over Moss.

And what have ANY of them done that makes them BETTER than Moss...and forgive me but who the F*** is Freeney??? :scratch:

cajunvike
01-03-2005, 10:16 PM
"Viking_Spirit" wrote:

"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

My entire point is that the Vikes are such a one dimensional throw to Moss team. They were much better when they had Robert Smith, Jake Reed, and Cris Carter on the offensive side of the ball. If Walker was the only real pro bowl caliber player we had on the offensive side of the ball (besides the QB), I'm sure we'd pad his stats, too. Remember that whole Moss ratio garbage Tice tried?
No they aren't....Culpepper has 4700+ yards passing, and Moss only has something like 790 of those. That's anything but a "one-dimensional throw to Moss team". Not to mention the Vikes run the ball well.

SCOREBOARD!!!

cajunvike
01-03-2005, 10:18 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

The Vikes do not run the ball like the Packers do. Culpepper spreads the ball around. I'm just saying that getting a couple good defensive players for Moss and letting Culpepper really spread the ball around without having to worry about throwing to Moss and making him upset would make you a much better team.

Yeah, that is why the Vikings are second (behind ATL) in Yards per carry at 4.7...the Vikings can run the ball, problem is that the D usually has us in a hole and we HAVE to throw the ball to try and play catch up.

Primetime42
01-03-2005, 10:39 PM
Now I know he don't mean Dwight Freeney. Cuz if he does, you might as well call him a dumbass now. :lol:

VikingsTw
01-03-2005, 11:55 PM
Yeah i was gonna ask the same question, Freeney? But i thought, oh maybe i'm having a brain fart and i'm forgetting something.

I can honestly say i would keep Burly over Walker right now. Nate has alot of upside, he dropped a criticul pass the other day but i love the guy's play. He's still real young at 21. Lots of football left in him.

ultravikingfan
01-04-2005, 12:29 AM
Wow. Gone all day and night and come back to have a lot of reading to do. Welcome JohnnyBlood92, no wait, not welcome. You're the reason this thread took forever to read. Can it! Yeah, who the heck is Freeny you threw in their with others WR's? Better do your homework kid and stop shooting your BB gun if you want to hang around and talk smack with the guns!!!

cheesefree
01-04-2005, 12:48 AM
Why? Nobody fined Favre and held him publically accountable when he gave his buddy Strahan the sack record and then lied about it as if everyone was a stupid hayseed hick like himself.

VikingsTw
01-04-2005, 12:58 AM
"cheesefree" wrote:

Why? Nobody fined Favre and held him publically accountable when he gave his buddy Strahan the sack record and then lied about it as if everyone was a stupid hayseed hick like himself.

Yeah that LOW, your talking about handing someone a the NFL sack record. Your talking about tampering with NFL history, thats bs, and they wanna get there pannies wet over something that doesn't even affect there TEAM :scratch: .

hovan
01-04-2005, 01:59 AM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

And you're going to make fun of Favre for crying?? I've rarely seen him break down, !


So many rare breakowns... :crybaby:



http://www.justagirl.com/top5/brett/gallery/1999/brett67.jpg
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/brett_favre_b.jpg
http://www.startribune.com/stonline/images/news88/vikepack0997.l.jpghttp://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20041206/i/r1789457605.jpghttp://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041220/capt.wimg10912200129.jaguars_packers_wimg109.jpghttp://espn.go.com/i/magazine/new/metro_brett_favre.jpghttp://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/superbowl/gb/020120favre-towel.jpghttp://www.packersnews.com/photogallery/2002season/102002/images/FavreHurt1bh.jpghttp://www.packersnews.com/photogallery/2003/games/101903game/images/DP-Favredejected.jpghttp://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/rev/oct02/favre1020.jpg

VKG4LFE
01-04-2005, 01:05 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

Thats a pretty dumb comparison. What star QB allows himself to be interviewed after every single devastating loss? Brett has never ever sold the rest of his team out on the field! Do you think he'd ever take plays off or say he "plays when I wanna play"? The only negative thing that you guys can say about his was his pain killer addiction. Which, by the way, was because of severe pain he had from having 2 1/2 feet of intestines removed. I could bring up a lot worse things Moss has done.. like beating up his girlfriend. The guy is talented, but a scumbag!

Don't forget that Favre left a game at the dome with 30 some seconds left and headed for the locker room!

Valhalladeath
01-04-2005, 02:04 PM
Let me just put my 2 cents in...I find JohnnyBlood92 to be a very well spoken, albeit biased, poster. He makes some very good points and I have found myself agreeing with him more than once. I am a died-in-the-wool Vikings fan, and always will be, but I don't let that keep me from seeing the whole picture. I have been disappointed with Moss all year. I keep hearing this 'new team leader attitude' that he has taken. Well, leaving your teammates on the field because you are moping is not leadership. He has more God-given talent than any receiver to ever play the game, and because of this I don't quite think he understands the whole 'work ethic' idea. If he were to ever take football seriously, I would be seriously scared to see what type of numbers he would put up. Actions speak louder than words, and I am glad to see that Birk actually called him on it. The Vikes have let this sideshow go on too long, someone needed to speak up.

Vikes
01-04-2005, 03:04 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

He is my favorite player in the world - he is the reason why I began to watch this game.

And what he did against Washington was unexcuseable. I was sure that the newscasters had overblown it, that Packerbaggers were using hyperbole, that someone was taking something out of context.

Then I saw the replay.

Moss deserted the team. Yeah, he blocked down field. Yeah, he gave his all. But when the team needed him most, he hung his head and walked away instead of shouldering it like a man. I know the loss must have heart. I know he must see his youth and vigor slipping away, squandered by a foolish coach and an unpredictable franchise. I know he must have felt he'd already done his good deed of the day by not taking Adam Goldberg's head off.

But he turned his back on his team.

You can't do that - I couldn't do it in high school when I finished in the top 5 in the state in receptions, receiving TDs, and yards after the catch 3 out of 4 years, only for us to lose 32 of 36 games. I couldn't walk away. And I didn't get paid a damn thing. Moss hurt me badly on Sunday - I look up to him as a player, but also as a man. He overcame adversity - he has a good heart. He has overcome and outdone everything everyone has ever said about him - "he can't play in the NFL, he can't block, etc." All of it. But not this time. This time he hung his head before a light at the end of the tunnel could be seen. I'm very dissapointed, and hope only that he'll apologize publically and take out his guilt by ravaging the Green Bay secondary.

But that's my piece - say what you will.

How about he is tired of giving his all and coming up short. What is Matt Birk crying about. He has cost us 2 games. The Philly game when he was called for a hold on a TD run. The Greenbay he was called for a hold on an awsome run by Bennett. So enough of this he walked off the field. I would walk off too if all my team did was collapse. Moss is going to ask for a trade real soon. I said it at the start of the year. Unless Minnesota goes deep he is like screw this. Do you know how money those guys probaly lose by not making the playoff's? I like Moss but I understand his frustration. Look at this stage of the game Minnesota probaly would not have made the playoff's anyway. The Lions game was luck we probaly would have lost that game and been done anyway. Minnesota is doing the best job they can with the talent around them. The O is struggling in the Red Zone. The D is on the field quite a lot on the games we lose. The mental mistakes jumping off sides. I think this thing about Moss walking off the field is slow news coverage!

But as I always say WE STAY THE COURSE!