PDA

View Full Version : RED RANT THREAD :

SKOL
01-03-2005, 05:07 PM
This is not new news, but it's my Red Rant:

The only reason we were even close to the MINIMUM SALARY CAP is because we counted Winfields signing bonus as salary for the year. If Red's bottom line was winning, not money, he would have structured it the salary correctly and spent up to the cap. We were only one or two key players short of the Super Bowl, but red wasn't willing to spend the money. Of course Red's bottom line in bringing Tice back for another year was money too - let's face it, we'll never win a Super Bowl as long as we have cheap ol' Red as the owner.

Caine
01-03-2005, 05:44 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

The only reason we were even close to the MINIMUM SALARY CAP is because we counted Winfields signing bonus as salary for the year. If Red's bottom line was winning, not money, he would have structured it the salary correctly and spent up to the cap. We were only one or two key players short of the Super Bowl, but red wasn't willing to spend the money. Of course Red's bottom line in bringing Tice back for another year was money too - let's face it, we'll never win a Super Bowl as long as we have cheap ol' Red as the owner.

Can't add anything to that...except my agreement.

muchluv4smoot
01-03-2005, 08:53 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

Red is doing everything possible to make this team more attractive to potential buyers, so that is a reason he did that with winfield's contract,a nd with Tice's. But I do agree he is too cheap for us to have a championship caliber team. Hopefully he sells the team this offseason.