PDA

View Full Version : Madieu Williams - Good in Purple

singersp
05-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Good in Purple (http://www.vikings.com/NewsArticle_goodinpurple052308.aspx)

5/23/2008

By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com

Watch a vikings.com interview with safety Madieu Williams by clicking here..

HEY
05-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Nice read, I especially liked this part:
“The guys that we have on defense are a bunch of great guys,” Williams said of his teammates. “They’re a fun group to be around and I look forward to coming to work everyday.”

MW will be a star!

VikingsTw
05-24-2008, 02:13 PM
I'm exited about Williams I think he's a solid replacement for Dwight Smith who I thought was a good football player. Williams brings more to the table in coverage and probably tackles as well. What I like about Williams is the CB talent he possess, he runs great, has terrific hops and covers alot of ground smoothly. I really like our tandem now but when Tyrell gets in there we will have two CB like talents playing the Saftey position for us. Its gonna make a great secondary with the physical corners on the outside. I not only look foward to this season but upcoming seasons.

midgensa
05-24-2008, 03:26 PM
Madieu is a VERY solid player. My bro is a big time Bengals fan and hates that they let him get away. I think he is very under the radar for us with the trade for Allen and signing of Berrian ... but he will also be a key piece to our big season.

MaxVike
05-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Completely fired up about this acquisition.
I'm tellin' y'all, we are gonna be giving this defense a nickname; it is going to be BADASS!

Purple Floyd
05-24-2008, 04:36 PM
This defense will be a huge upgrade in talent from what he has had in his career so far

Formo
05-24-2008, 05:12 PM
As a Bengal fan as well as Vikings fan, I love this acquisition.

I can't wait for this preseason/season to see how everyone gels.

marstc09
05-25-2008, 12:29 PM
“I did turn to Coach (Childress) and say, ‘This guy would really help us.’”

This quote is for Marrdro.

Potus2028
05-25-2008, 12:32 PM
I think we can officially say that the Purple People Eaters are back..

GreenBaySlackers
05-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Ok, since a few of you have mentioned that you watch Bengals games fairly regularly, have any of you before this off-season really thought of medieu as a ball hawking safety?
I really don't get that impression when I watch him... he seems like more of a physical, in the box type of guy to me, so I don't know where all these analysts are getting this ball-hawk stuff.
I've mentioned this to a good friend of mine who is a huge williams fan (autographed 'gals jersey and everything) and he agrees with me.
do any of you feel the same way?
I feel sort of like one media personality said it, and nobody else really remembers how he plays and just went along with that guy... a similar situation to jackson- How many of these national media people denouncing him have even watched him play?

VikingsTw
05-25-2008, 02:23 PM
"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

Ok, since a few of you have mentioned that you watch Bengals games fairly regularly, have any of you before this off-season really thought of medieu as a ball hawking safety?
I really don't get that impression when I watch him... he seems like more of a physical, in the box type of guy to me, so I don't know where all these analysts are getting this ball-hawk stuff.
I've mentioned this to a good friend of mine who is a huge williams fan (autographed 'gals jersey and everything) and he agrees with me.
I feel sort of like one media personality said it, and nobody else really remembers how he plays and just went along with that guy... a similar situation to jackson- How many of these national media people denouncing him have even watched him play?

I think he's an alaround player. Williams is more of a CB/S, even early on they felt he could play CB because he had good coverage skills and talent to do it. Personally I havn't seen him play, all I know is what I've heard from coaches and reports on the internet. Frazier is very big on him and didn't believe he would become a FA, once he did we spent alot of money on him and I'm hoping he's an all around player not just a solid run stuffing safety, if we wanted that we could have kept Greg Blue.

Potus2028
05-25-2008, 02:58 PM
"VikingsTw" wrote:

I think he's an alaround player. Williams is more of a CB/S, even early on they felt he could play CB because he had good coverage skills and talent to do it. Personally I havn't seen him play, all I know is what I've heard from coaches and reports on the internet. Frazier is very big on him and didn't believe he would become a FA, once he did we spent alot of money on him and I'm hoping he's an all around player not just a solid run stuffing safety, if we wanted that we could have kept Greg Blue.

from what i'm hearing.. he sounds more like a guy that can defend the pass, and tackle those who get to the secondary. if he played CB, and S-- it means he knows how to defend the pass.. which is what we needed to sure up- Pass Defense.

Purple Floyd
05-25-2008, 06:06 PM

It's not all that different from when we got Winfield,Smoot,Tank Johnson or Doss. Our secondary has been pourous for many years and when we get a CB or Safety in FA they are supposed to solve all of our problems and MW won't do it by himself. Hopefully the combination of talent will come together and get it done.

marstc09
05-25-2008, 06:14 PM

Only video I have seen on him.

hyHh7zJdL5I

marstc09
05-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Nice hit.
v6Jfk4Nk9ac&NR

singersp
05-25-2008, 07:00 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

Nice hit.
v6Jfk4Nk9ac&NR

College is not the pros. Are there any videos of him out there from when he was a Bengal?

SKOL
05-25-2008, 07:03 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

Only video I have seen on him.

hyHh7zJdL5I

Was that Burleson that got burned?

mountainviking
05-25-2008, 09:03 PM

LOL!
Nice point.
People do tend to make big assumptions this time of the year don't they?

Well, obviously, he's not afraid to tackle.
103 last year alone...then again, there was plenty of oppurtunity for a S to make a tackle in CIN last year, eh?
He also has at least 7 passes defensed each year he played in all games (he only played in 4 in 2005).
In 2006 he batted down 10.
Only 9 INTs over his 49 games, but some of those I'm pretty sure he only played STs in, and well, a Safety's INTs will go up if the guys in front of him are getting their jobs done too.

That's some serious hardcore you've got in your sig.
Very Nice.
You guys get out to CO?