PDA

View Full Version : Is there even a chance?....



CanuckVike
01-03-2005, 01:23 PM
Well, after that lame performance, from everything I've been hearing in the media and on the street...basically the whole world isn't giving our Vikes even the remotest chance to win in Green Bay. Does anyone think that all this might build a huge wave of OVERCONFIDENCE in the Packers? That's what sort of happened to the 49'ers back in '87...although that '87 team was a lot more well rounded than this years team.

Del Rio
01-03-2005, 01:58 PM
I doubt the Packers will be over confident especially playing against us. They know us like we know them. They will be prepared.

There is a good chance we win :D


On a side note if Favre does go on to a superbowl and win this year and retires after. My suspision that has been growing over the last 20 years will be true, that the NFL is scripted and is soap opera for grown men!

VikingsTw
01-03-2005, 02:03 PM
This is how i'm gonna take the game. I'm gonna be exited all week, i'm gonna look foward to the game knowing we have a chance to win. I'm gonna chear my ass off but i am NOT going to expect a win. If i go through the whole week thinking we're gonna win like i did for christmas and we lose, i dont know what i would do.

This may change throughout the week but for right now this is how i feel.

Del Rio
01-03-2005, 02:09 PM
I'm expecting a win. I expect a damn hard fought game.

GQVikesfan
01-03-2005, 02:12 PM
I am hoping for a win but I am very optimistic about this game. Everything favors Green Bay.. outdoors, its cold, its on grass blah blah blah.. same old routine. Although the game will be broadcasted this Sunday.. I will skip it. I cant stand to watch another loss.. especially since this game means whether we go on forward or pack up and go home. Good luck to Minny! :salute:

snowinapril
01-03-2005, 02:13 PM
If the Pack does happen to win, I am routing for them to go to the SB and get Favre another SB ring and then he pulls an Elway and goes out on top and leave the Puckers in ruin for the next 20 years.

You kind of wonder where a Kurt Warner will end up next year. Maybe Green Bay.

Win or Lose this weekend, I am still routing for Favre to retire and the whole ruin thing.

VikingsTw
01-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Your not gonna watch the game? We havn't been to the playoffs in three years or four years and your not gonna watch the game? We have a chance to get the sweetest revenge on the pack and your not gonna watch the game?

CanuckVike
01-03-2005, 02:16 PM
When we do play, I just hope we do just about EVERYTHING different! Go BALLS TO THE WALLS! Throw deep early and often...blitz hard, smart and often...even if we get burned!! HIT SOMEBODY! And that means their wedge on kickoffs...(the effort in DC was pathetic)...don't just sit in the zone waiting for the ball to come to us...move in on the damn receiver and hit him!!!! I think we've been too scared to make plays. WE HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE NOW!!

GQVikesfan
01-03-2005, 02:17 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

Your not gonna watch the game? We havn't been to the playoffs in three years or four years and your not gonna watch the game? We have a chance to get the sweetest revenge on the pack and your not gonna watch the game?

I'll wait for NFL Priiiiiiiiiiiime Tiiiiiiiiiime! You know what, better yet.. I'll Tivo it. If they win then I'll watch it, they loose then I'll wait for Chris Berman to give me the scoop on what they did wrong. Probably another holding call on Adam Goldberg on the last drive to give Minnesota the win.

GreenBaySlackers
01-03-2005, 02:19 PM
Yeah, if brett is done they are gonna try to get brees

Del Rio
01-03-2005, 02:47 PM
GQ that's about as fair weather as it gets LOL, ok maybe not maybe we are all just gluttons for emotional hardship and anger. :D

GQVikesfan
01-03-2005, 02:54 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

GQ that's about as fair weather as it gets LOL, ok maybe not maybe we are all just gluttons for emotional hardship and anger. :D

LOL trust me.. I WANT to see this game. My head just hurts from constant hair pulling, I think I am going balled now. Randy Moss feels our pain for how this season went. He had enough and walked. You know what though, I finally came to realize that seasons like this are expected if you are a Viking fan and just because I dont want to see the game and see the Vikings loose again doesnt mean i am fair weathered. I just dont want to see them loose to the Packs and watch the Packs and there fans celebrate. Especially since the looser packs up and goes home and waits till September to play again. This weekend I am going to wear a cheese head hat that my friend bought for me while he was in Wisconsin (he's a big Packer fan) and put horns on it. Maybe it will curse Green Bay!

VikingsTw
01-03-2005, 02:58 PM
It will be very hard if they lose, but there is no way no how i will miss game. First playoff game against the pack, we got a chance for revenge, LETS DO IT DAMNIT!

Del Rio
01-03-2005, 03:03 PM
"GQVikesfan" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

GQ that's about as fair weather as it gets LOL, ok maybe not maybe we are all just gluttons for emotional hardship and anger. :D

LOL trust me.. I WANT to see this game. My head just hurts from constant hair pulling, I think I am going balled now. Randy Moss feels our pain for how this season went. He had enough and walked. You know what though, I finally came to realize that seasons like this are expected if you are a Viking fan and just because I dont want to see the game and see the Vikings loose again doesnt mean i am fair weathered. I just dont want to see them loose to the Packs and watch the Packs and there fans celebrate. Especially since the looser packs up and goes home and waits till September to play again. This weekend I am going to wear a cheese head hat that my friend bought for me while he was in Wisconsin (he's a big Packer fan) and put horns on it. Maybe it will curse Green Bay!

I'm just playing I have no desire or right to judge if anyone is a fan. But damn man you gotta watch. Trust me you wont want to miss this one. Hell if you watch and are dissapointed I'll send you a six pack or something LOL

VikingsTw
01-03-2005, 03:10 PM
If thats what its gonna take to get you to watch the game, i'll pitch in and we can get you a twelve pack before the game. :drunken:

GQVikesfan
01-03-2005, 03:12 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"GQVikesfan" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

GQ that's about as fair weather as it gets LOL, ok maybe not maybe we are all just gluttons for emotional hardship and anger. :D

LOL trust me.. I WANT to see this game. My head just hurts from constant hair pulling, I think I am going balled now. Randy Moss feels our pain for how this season went. He had enough and walked. You know what though, I finally came to realize that seasons like this are expected if you are a Viking fan and just because I dont want to see the game and see the Vikings loose again doesnt mean i am fair weathered. I just dont want to see them loose to the Packs and watch the Packs and there fans celebrate. Especially since the looser packs up and goes home and waits till September to play again. This weekend I am going to wear a cheese head hat that my friend bought for me while he was in Wisconsin (he's a big Packer fan) and put horns on it. Maybe it will curse Green Bay!

I'm just playing I have no desire or right to judge if anyone is a fan. But damn man you gotta watch. Trust me you wont want to miss this one. Hell if you watch and are dissapointed I'll send you a six pack or something LOL

LOL fair enough.. I bought a 12 pack yesterday and went through 5 beers watching the Vike/Skins game, then another 2 beers waiting for the outcome of the Rams and Panther games.

AngloVike
01-03-2005, 03:13 PM
"CanuckVike" wrote:

Well, after that lame performance, from everything I've been hearing in the media and on the street...basically the whole world isn't giving our Vikes even the remotest chance to win in Green Bay. Does anyone think that all this might build a huge wave of OVERCONFIDENCE in the Packers? That's what sort of happened to the 49'ers back in '87...although that '87 team was a lot more well rounded than this years team.
Well one advantage is that everyone has us tipped as the underdogs and expect us to get our butts handed to us. If we come out with a win - whether it's by one point or twenty points- then we'll have caused an upset and the media will be getting their crow by the truckload ... not to mention those wearing green and gold

Del Rio
01-03-2005, 03:15 PM
Good then you better be swearing at your TV like the rest of us. Just tell me what type and I will express it to your house LOL.

bleedpurple
01-03-2005, 05:12 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

This is how i'm gonna take the game. I'm gonna be exited all week, i'm gonna look foward to the game knowing we have a chance to win. I'm gonna chear my ass off but i am NOT going to expect a win. If i go through the whole week thinking we're gonna win like i did for christmas and we lose, i dont know what i would do.

This may change throughout the week but for right now this is how i feel.

My thoughts exactly...I couldn't have said it better myself

bleedpurple
01-03-2005, 05:18 PM
Oh, and by the way.. I was at the skins game yesterday and My dad had the nerve to tell me to be "less loud"...my brother was saying they can't hear you..

I'm like dude...this is my first Vikings game and I'm gonna scream my ass off....I don't care if Pres bush was right next to me....I wasn't behaving for anybody...

anyways, It would be sweet revenge to beat the Pack in the playoffs...but I'm not getting too hyped...only to get disappointed...that would suck....

Del Rio
01-03-2005, 05:19 PM
Comon let the defense mechanism go, just enjoy this one :D

snowinapril
01-03-2005, 05:23 PM
Over 80% of ESPN.com voters think the Pack is going to win.

LIKE I SAID, UNDER DOGS, with nothing to lose.

kramer9guy
01-03-2005, 05:49 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

This is how i'm gonna take the game. I'm gonna be exited all week, i'm gonna look foward to the game knowing we have a chance to win. I'm gonna chear my ass off but i am NOT going to expect a win. If i go through the whole week thinking we're gonna win like i did for christmas and we lose, i dont know what i would do.

This may change throughout the week but for right now this is how i feel.

I feel the same way. I'm still backing the team 100% but our recent track record does not point towards a positive outcome.

But while that game is being played I'll be in front of the TV with my 6 month old son (both of us in our Vikings jerseys) cheering for the win...GO VIKES!!!

wv__viking__fan
01-03-2005, 05:49 PM
I can't take another 34-31 score. If it happens a third time, I don't know if I won't have a break down. On a serious note, knocking the pack out of the playoffs will make up for the second half season slide, IMO. Go Vikings!

Articnv
01-03-2005, 05:59 PM
I do believe this will be another game of who gets the ball last to win


Lets hope the vikings can nockthe pack off

Skol Vikes

Viking_Spirit
01-03-2005, 06:06 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

This is how i'm gonna take the game. I'm gonna be exited all week, i'm gonna look foward to the game knowing we have a chance to win. I'm gonna chear my ass off but i am NOT going to expect a win. If i go through the whole week thinking we're gonna win like i did for christmas and we lose, i dont know what i would do.

This may change throughout the week but for right now this is how i feel.
I'm gonna be excited this week also, and I'll be bouncing off the walls come Saturday. I'm gonna cheer my ass off too, not to mention I am doing my share of trash talking at school (I know some Pack fans, I've gotta trash-talk back to them). I'll be also hearing alot of trash talk from my Viking-hater friends....they even went so far as to make what they call a "Brett Favre clap" (it's kinda an inside joke). But, in all honesty, I'm not expecting a win. It'll be close though.

SKOL VIKES!

berserkers
01-03-2005, 06:15 PM
I originally thought that this would be a good match-up for a couple of different reasons:

A.) We have the leg up on preperation for this game, seeing as we see them 2 imes during the season anyway. Obviously this works in their advantage too, but better than facing an unknown...

B.) Green Bay beaten us 2 times already, what are the odds that they will make it three?

but then I heard some interesting stats:

Teams that have been swept/have swept their wildcard opponent have met 15 times in NFL history, and despite what you might think, the sweeping team (i.e the team with two wins already) has gone on to win the third matchup 10 out of those 15 times!

Heres another stat that will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside:

Only 5 times in the history of the NFL has an 8-8 team made the playoffs, and all five times, they have been ousted in th first round.

Combine those stats with the Vikings horrible secondary, Brett Favres arm, the game being at Lambeau Field and The Vikings self esteem being in left field, and this spells blowout for the Vikes!

still though, there has never been a game in my history as a Vikings fan that I have wanted to win more than this one against the Pack... okay, well maybe that is overstating it a bit... I did want that 98 NFC championship against the Falcons pretty badly, but that was the first time in my life that they were close to making the Superbowl.....

This game has monumental meaning for me. Obviously I hate the Pack more than anything. Obviously they waxed us twice this year during the season, now we have a chance to exact some revenge, in their backyard, and when it counts. We have a chance to knock them out of the playoffs.

I don't care if we win another game this year, but I want this win!

cajunvike
01-03-2005, 09:07 PM
"bleedpurple" wrote:

Oh, and by the way.. I was at the skins game yesterday and My dad had the nerve to tell me to be "less loud"...my brother was saying they can't hear you..

I'm like dude...this is my first Vikings game and I'm gonna scream my ass off....I don't care if Pres bush was right next to me....I wasn't behaving for anybody...

anyways, It would be sweet revenge to beat the Pack in the playoffs...but I'm not getting too hyped...only to get disappointed...that would suck....

Where did you guys sit?