PDA

View Full Version : What will the Vikings do at Left DE

Mark_The_Viking
05-20-2008, 10:11 AM
With Udeze out for the year (all the best to him and his family) Looking through various deoth charts on the fabulous interweb we seem to be not only thin at left end but actually have no one listed. I guess I must have missed something.

kevoncox
05-20-2008, 10:15 AM
"Mark_The_Viking" wrote:

With Udeze out for the year (all the best to him and his family) Looking through various deoth charts on the fabulous interweb we seem to be not only thin at left end but actually have no one listed. I guess I must have missed something.

Ray Edwards is playing the LE and he is looking biger already. I think he has the talent to start on the LE side. Yahoo.com has him listed at LE. Also when the Vikings showed off Allen and the new line He was listed on the LE position. I think he will have 7 sacks this season.

marstc09
05-20-2008, 10:20 AM
"Mark_The_Viking" wrote:

It was announced at the draft party that Ray Edwards would start. That could change but most likely it will be him. They have quality backups in Brian Robison and Jayme Mitchell who will work in to the rotation. Otis Grigsby is also in the mix. Not sure where Erasmus James is in his rehab.

seaniemck7
05-20-2008, 10:29 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Mark_The_Viking" wrote:

It was announced at the draft party that Ray Edwards would start. That could change but most likely it will be him. They have quality backups in Brian Robison and Jayme Mitchell who will work in to the rotation. Otis Grigsby is also in the mix. Not sure where Erasmus James is in his rehab.

Does anyone have info on how James is progressing?
Is he going to start on the PUP list?

VikingsTw
05-20-2008, 01:47 PM
For anyone that doesn't know Ray Edwards played LDE his entire college carear. He played RDE last year and is able to play both positions.

cajunvike
05-20-2008, 02:00 PM
They are gonna put ME in...because with the rest of the DL that the Vikings have, even I could get a sack.
LOL

That is the least of my concerns regarding the Vikings...ANY of the players that they put there will do just fine...witness Gary Larsen and Doug Sutherland.

mountainviking
05-20-2008, 02:06 PM
"VikingsTw" wrote:

For anyone that doesn't know Ray Edwards played LDE his entire college carear. He played RDE last year and is able to play both positions.

No Sheeet?
Nice.
That is good news!
The answer was right there all along.
He looks bigger too.
Anybody heard how much weight he's gained?
I've got high hopes for our front four this year!
Seems like they're having fun egging each other on too...and good depth ta boot!
This season could be really, really fun to watch!
;D ;D ;D

I hope the front line on OL can keep up!
;)

PurplePride80
05-20-2008, 02:07 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

They are gonna put ME in...because with the rest of the DL that the Vikings have, even I could get a sack.
LOL

That is the least of my concerns regarding the Vikings...ANY of the players that they put there will do just fine...witness Gary Larsen and Doug Sutherland.

lol, word!

cajunvike owns.
;D

cajunvike
05-20-2008, 02:20 PM
"TimmyT" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

LOL

lol, word!

cajunvike owns.
;D

Yep...I averaged about 1.25 sacks per game in the DC Contact Flag Football League a few years back...I think that with a little conditioning that I could be ready by the fall.
;)

tb04512
05-20-2008, 02:26 PM
its gunna be ray, and he has gotten bigger, he goes to the same fitness center and he is a monster

Jereamiah
05-20-2008, 02:34 PM
I think Robison may have a chance to push Edwards at camp, and with Edwards starting, could Robison figure in special teams? or will he be used to spell Edwards mostly?

tb04512
05-20-2008, 02:37 PM
"Jereamiah" wrote:

I think Robison may have a chance to push Edwards at camp, and with Edwards starting, could Robison figure in special teams? or will he be used to spell Edwards mostly?

robison was a lot better as a 3rd down guy, when he started the last few weeks he didnt do anything, and he was terrible against the run.. so i think he will be that 3rd down guy, and maybe edwards moves inside next to kwill on those passing situations

Vikes_King
05-20-2008, 03:43 PM
"tb04512" wrote:

"Jereamiah" wrote:

robison was a lot better as a 3rd down guy, when he started the last few weeks he didnt do anything, and he was terrible against the run.. so i think he will be that 3rd down guy, and maybe edwards moves inside next to kwill on those passing situations

that would kick ass...

litlharsh
05-20-2008, 04:13 PM
Eraaaaasmussss

kevoncox
05-20-2008, 04:33 PM
I would like us to sit James for the year. Let him heal up and then see what he brings to the table. That won't happen however. I think this is a contact year for him isn't it?

bleedpurple
05-20-2008, 04:36 PM
"tb04512" wrote:

its gunna be ray, and he has gotten bigger, he goes to the same fitness center and he is a monster

It's the roids!!!
:o

Purple Floyd
05-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Edwards will make a great LDE and IMO will see plenty of action and have opportunities to pad his sack count coming from the left side. Robison will start the year backing up both Edwards and Allen when they need a rest. I am not sure he will be able to beat out Edwards but my guess is there will be ample competition.

I like this line more than any in the past 19 years.

KevinK
05-20-2008, 11:45 PM
I really do believe that with the addition of Allen we now have an elite group of Defensive ends. All of them have special abilities in their own way with one SPECIAL TALENT in ALLEN. Robison and Edwards will excel with more rest to make those special type clutch plays. Im really feeling the excitment that our defense is now totally complete.
Now lets see what the QB Jackson can bring to the table...

litlharsh
05-21-2008, 01:37 AM
"kevoncox" wrote:

I would like us to sit James for the year. Let him heal up and then see what he brings to the table. That won't happen however. I think this is a contact year for him isn't it?
That'd be ideal, but I don't think the coaching staff will go for it. Bummer, I really liked the guy.

olson_10
05-21-2008, 02:42 AM
robison, edwards and james can move over..heck jared allen and kevin williams can play any spot on the line so we really dont need to worry about a goofy question like this

DustinDupont
05-21-2008, 02:44 AM
Edwards is the man.... he will be there most of the game