PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to do something?

Pirate
01-03-2005, 06:18 AM
Believe it or not!
None of this negative talk is helping our boys in Purple, in fact, it is quite literally detrimental in a very real way. All the speculation, analysis and slamming that is out there on the internet, spoken on TV and is written in our papers creates an energy that in itself becomes the reality that you witness each sunday.

Form follows thought.

The action of Moss walking off the field before the game was over suggests that now there is a real fracture in the team itself that has been struggling to hold on to whatever they can during a season that appears to be owned by Murphy. It is not a good sign.
I am just as frustrated as anyone else here but I want to point out that we are responsible for supporting our team. Anything less will lead to self- fulfilling prophecy.
JMO

Farwalker
01-03-2005, 06:40 AM
The action of Moss walking off the field before the game was over suggests

It suggests to me that he knew like I did that the game was OVER

Freya
01-03-2005, 07:24 AM
"Farwalker" wrote:

The action of Moss walking off the field before the game was over suggests

It suggests to me that he knew like I did that the game was OVER

WOW! :lol:

ultravikingfan
01-03-2005, 08:20 AM
Your thoughts are well communicated. But, this is open forum for us to vent. If we would have won and went 13-3, we would vent in other ways. I do not think that our negative banter is affecting the game day energy of this team.

snowinapril
01-03-2005, 09:26 AM
What goes on, on the field and in the locker room is dictating what goes on with this team. The media is so fickle if we won one game they would be praising us into the playoffs just to put their own spin on it.

The players had a chance the last 2 weeks to shut people up and their play just wasn't good enough. You could see it yesterday on the sideline shots of the players, they have beating themselves to the point they are at. They are dejected. They are upset with themselves. They may have even lost hope. If they don't have any hope we sure as hell can't do anything about it.

I along with all the other 39.999 (along with the opposing 22,000 Pack Fans) other VIkings fans were sure as hell trying to encourage them on at the Dome on the 24th of Dec. The fact that we still show up on Sundays is evident, but it is the VIkings team that is not showing up on SUNDAYS.

ANY GIVEN SUNDAY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

snowinapril
01-03-2005, 09:39 AM
Our teams motto should be:

We may not win the big game but we are definitely going to bring out the BIG can of Whoop Ass every week, in every game, on every play to every player on the opposing teams.

Tee Off on someone once in a awhile

I think they would play better if they didn't have a long term goal and could just play the game of football. They have a big monkey on their back and it is a 6'8" caucasian named Tice.

I just don't see it out there this year.

Webby
01-03-2005, 10:31 AM
AMEN Pirate! Someone who sees the light!

snowinapril
01-03-2005, 10:59 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

AMEN Pirate! Someone who sees the light!

The fans are not the problem.

Like I said, we still show up every week to cheer the team on whether it is at the stadium or on the couch.

The team hasn't shown up and done it's job.

The facts are the facts.

Do any of you believe that our team has a true sense of confidence going into this week?

Of course the team can say we could beat them but they know that they haven't earned much of anything lately.

I will be cheering on the Vikes on Sunday but I will also be praying they find some heart, courage and confidence.

PAvikesfan
01-03-2005, 11:00 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

They have a big monkey on their back and it is a 6'8" caucasian named Tice.

My thoughts exactly. i have been saying Tice is a big monkey for quite sometime. we will never win a superbowl or nfc championship game as long as Tice is the coach. However, if he proves me wrong, i will always be greatful... what a dumb baboon. did you see how dumbfounded he looks when even the offense isn't moving the ball?

VKG4LFE
01-03-2005, 11:12 AM
I heard Moss had irritable bowel syndrome and that's why he left? Is there any truth to that? The game was over though!

On a side note, congrats to Daunte for breaking the all time record for most total yards in a season and having the 5th highest number of TDs in a season!!

purplehorn
01-03-2005, 11:24 AM
"Pirate" wrote:

Believe it or not!
None of this negative talk is helping our boys in Purple, in fact, it is quite literally detrimental in a very real way. All the speculation, analysis and slamming that is out there on the internet, spoken on TV and is written in our papers creates an energy that in itself becomes the reality that you witness each sunday.

Be careful pirate the negative nancies will be on you. How can you
be a fan if you think the Vikings will make the playoffs and win some
games. As a fan you should moan and groan all the time at least
according to the select :drunken: :clown: .

snowinapril
01-03-2005, 12:36 PM
"purplehorn" wrote:

"Pirate" wrote:

Believe it or not!

Be careful pirate the negative nancies will be on you. How can you
be a fan if you think the Vikings will make the playoffs and win some
games. As a fan you should moan and groan all the time at least
according to the select :drunken: :clown: .

I bet you millions that there were plenty of Panther Fans and the media that gave their team no shot and left them for dead and were talking bad about them after the first 8 weeks. I bet there were many negative NANCIES over there. I bet there were tons of Monday Morning QBs.

Then they got a win, then another, and then another, that shit is contagious. I bet that the fans started getting positive. I bet most of the NANCIES disappeared or changed there tune. The fans started to believe.

What came first the chicken or the egg?

Well, I think the players got off their arses and started playing some football. I don't think the fans dictated any of the positive play that the Panthers had in the last half of the season. They had their share of injuries too. RB one and two done for the season. WR number 2 done for the season.

Name me one superstar on that team that was playing in the last game.
Brenson??? Maybe their MLB???? Muhamed?????

That team played they hearts out. They left it all on the field. It isn't about how you start it is how you finish.

So with that being said, are the Vikes going to show us some Heart?

I don't know, but I do know that I can't play the game for them, we can't change anything they do on the field. Step it up or step it out of the playoffs.

cajunvike
01-03-2005, 08:41 PM
"PAvikesfan" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

They have a big monkey on their back and it is a 6'8" caucasian named Tice.

My thoughts exactly. i have been saying Tice is a big monkey for quite sometime. we will never win a superbowl or nfc championship game as long as Tice is the coach. However, if he proves me wrong, i will always be greatful... what a dumb baboon. did you see how dumbfounded he looks when even the offense isn't moving the ball?

Speaking of monkeys, who's that chimp on the right side of your av...LOL :scratch: