PDA

View Full Version : why does the defense suck every single year

insomniac
01-02-2005, 11:53 PM
this defense is a joke....no way we beat the packers on the road..

we cant even beat the redksins

mike tice calls a shitty game, this team is way to conservative on offense with the play calling, the penalties are rediculess too

DiehardVikesFan
01-03-2005, 12:02 AM
Mike Tice does not call the plays, Scott Linnehan does. The defense sucks every year because they allow teams to score too many points and allow them to move the ball on them easily.

NeoVikesTX
01-03-2005, 12:22 AM
Defense didn't lose this game.

Our defense got an interception, a fumble, and 3 sacks. Giving up 21 points on the road isn't that bad, our offense should be able to put up more points than it did today.

Dropped passes, key penalties, and poor offensive line play lost us this game.

Vikings Fan At MSU
01-03-2005, 12:22 AM
We can beat the packers if we...................make one or two turnovers on D which we can do we did it the last time we played the packers and we score................Dont puss out now Viking fans we can beat the packers period

ultravikingfan
01-03-2005, 12:43 AM
"insomniac" wrote:

this defense is a joke....no way we beat the packers on the road..

we cant even beat the redksins

mike tice calls a shitty game, this team is way to conservative on offense with the play calling, the penalties are rediculess too

Better get some sleep insomniac. Cause we can win in Green Bay!

Webby
01-03-2005, 12:57 AM
The offense cost us today. Goldberg should have a boot in his ass.

jackyl
01-03-2005, 12:59 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

Exactly. He cost at LEAST 6, which by itself wins the game.

ultravikingfan
01-03-2005, 01:01 AM
Was not very happy with that. Mainly because it happened on such a critical play! :pukeright:

MN_Jet_Fan
01-03-2005, 01:40 AM
Yeah, If I'm tice, I cut Goldberg tomorrow morning.

jackyl
01-03-2005, 01:41 AM
"MN_Jet_Fan" wrote:

Yeah, If I'm tice, I cut Goldberg tomorrow morning.

I'd have cut him before the plane ride home.

VikingsTw
01-03-2005, 01:45 AM
YEAH, thats proabably a little harsh. That holding sucked, so does his false starts. I do remeber Dorsey having false starts but he rarly had holding penalties. We need to get him back on the field i'm sure he's healthy enough now.

fan4favre
01-03-2005, 01:49 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

Only if you promise to pick it out afterwards!

parsongeorge
01-03-2005, 05:35 AM
"NeoVikesTX" wrote:

Defense didn't lose this game.

Our defense got an interception, a fumble, and 3 sacks. Giving up 21 points on the road isn't that bad, our offense should be able to put up more points than it did today.

Dropped passes, key penalties, and poor offensive line play lost us this game. Actually, giving up 21 points to the skins DOES suck, and the special teams lost us the game today. When we come out and give 100% in ALL areas of the game we will win again., hopefully that will be next week.

Storm
01-03-2005, 06:08 AM
Come on now, giving up huge plays to PATRICK RAMSEY and an awful offense without its premier weapon (portis) does not suck? I dont know man, that looked pretty sucky to me.

On the other hand, offense didnt show up at all. Dropped passes, stupid penalties, bad play-calling... I think the blame lies on both sides of the football. But given the way our O and D played all year, it was definitely an improvement for D and one the worst games by O.

whackthepack
01-03-2005, 09:25 AM
This is recent, I remember when we had the number 1 ranked defense for years, and a shitty offense that couldn't score points.

Can we ever have a good offense and a good defense at the same time (maybe we could win the superbowl).

Del Rio
01-03-2005, 09:32 AM
I dont know what game you watched but the D played pretty damn good. This was expected. You have a great D and poor O going against a strugglig D and an explosive O this is the outcome.

It comes down to special teams and mistakes. You fall behind a team with great D like the Skins your going to lose.

whackthepack
01-03-2005, 10:12 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I dont know what game you watched but the D played pretty damn good. This was expected. You have a great D and poor O going against a strugglig D and an explosive O this is the outcome.

It comes down to special teams and mistakes. You fall behind a team with great D like the Skins your going to lose.

With a defense as good as Washington their offense is terrible (5-10 record), our defense is so bad we made them look good, like we did every other shitty offense we faced.

Del Rio
01-03-2005, 10:18 AM
I wouldn't say they looked good.

They threw an interception to a D lineman they made poor choices all game. They had short field do to special teams on all of thier scoring drives.

I was impressed with our D.

whackthepack
01-03-2005, 10:23 AM
Half their offense will not be on that team next year. If they had anykind of a offnes that team would have been in the palyoffs, we just make them look good because we can not play defense.

Personal note to Chris Claiborne, if you are 2 yards deep in the end zone and the guy you are covering is 1 foot in the endzone and he catches the ball, it is still a touchdown you moron!