PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allens Sports Arena & Grill closes

singersp
05-17-2008, 09:08 AM
Posted on Thu, May. 15, 2008 10:15 PM

Jared Allens Sports Arena & Grill closes (http://www.kansascity.com/business/story/622122.html)

By JOYCE SMITH
kansascity.com

Jared Allen is gone from Kansas City, and now so is his namesake restaurant and bar....

singersp
05-17-2008, 09:33 AM
Jared Allen's restaurant closes (gee, what a surprise) (http://voices.kansascity.com/node/1210)

By Yael T. Abouhalkah, Kansas City Star Editorial Page columnist
kansascity.com

May 16, 2008 - 9:53am

I feel sorry for the employees of Jared Allen's Sports Arena and Grill. But not for Allen. And not for investors in the restaurant....

snowinapril
05-17-2008, 10:23 AM
A reader posted this in the comments.

Do you even know of which you talk?
Submitted by kcjames on May 16, 2008 - 12:36pm.

Jared Allen didn't own Jared Allen's. It was owned by a Q104 DJ. Allen, largely due to his brother's country fame, had a relationship with the station. Allen was paid for the use of his name and for making appearences. He did not own, nor have any say in the bars opening or closing.

Here I thought someone who owes his wage to advertisers might understand how these things work, but then again you do work for the Star.

snowinapril
05-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Who know if there is any truth to that posters comments?

Jilly
05-17-2008, 12:23 PM
LOL! the photo of the place is hilarious. Looks like it once was an Indian restaurant.

gregair13
05-17-2008, 01:38 PM
he should open one in minnesota. the world needs more places to buy grilled food

singersp
05-17-2008, 01:44 PM
"gregair13" wrote:

he should open one in minnesota. the world needs more places to buy grilled food

Why not? Minnesota already has a Matty B's, Benchwarmer Bob's and several Joe Sensor's.

Vikes_King
05-17-2008, 05:25 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"gregair13" wrote:

Why not? Minnesota already has a Matty B's, Benchwarmer Bob's and several Joe Sensor's.

Exactly
;D I was already saying this to my friend earlier

BadlandsVikings
05-17-2008, 11:21 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

Jared Allen didn't own Jared Allen's. It was owned by a Q104 DJ. Allen, largely due to his brother's country fame, had a relationship with the station. Allen was paid for the use of his name and for making appearences. He did not own, nor have any say in the bars opening or closing.

Here I thought someone who owes his wage to advertisers might understand how these things work, but then again you do work for the Star.

Who is his brother?

jkjuggalo
05-18-2008, 01:07 AM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

Who is his brother?

Larry Allen, but they are only half-brothers. ;D