PDA

View Full Version : Los is going to the game!

LosAngelis
01-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Have I mentioned I'm going to the game yet?

Yeah, skogs, I know you are, too. Try and sit on the other side, would you? (just kidding :-) )

<---still doing happy dance.

<---preparing JWalker jersey for game day

Woo hoo!!!!!!

packmanxxxi
01-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Any connections for tickets??? lol

LosAngelis
01-02-2005, 10:05 PM
None, but I'll add you to my list. :-)

skogs02
01-02-2005, 10:20 PM
yeah, should be a good game as i am already pumped up for it.Anyone else going to the game?

shockzilla
01-02-2005, 10:40 PM
LOS, you aren't going to the game, are U?

cajunvike
01-03-2005, 12:28 AM
Who's going to the game???

NeoVikesTX
01-03-2005, 12:31 AM
Los -- how exactly do you "prepare" a jersey for a game?

I thought you just threw it on like a shirt and went?

ultravikingfan
01-03-2005, 12:37 AM
Mentioned it? In a few other threads! :lol:

jackyl
01-03-2005, 12:52 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/jackylinc/seeya.gif

cajunvike
01-03-2005, 12:59 AM
"jackyl" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/jackylinc/seeya.gif

OK, Jackyl, but is there anyone else but you going...I am having a hard time finding this out...the Packer fans (especially the long-term posters on this board) are being especially tight-lipped about their plans for the game. :scratch:

jackyl
01-03-2005, 01:01 AM
hmmm I dunno. I've only got one email about tickets so far, from a Pack fan not even registered on the board. :rolleyes:

LosAngelis
01-03-2005, 08:30 AM
A jersey is "prepared" pretty much by washing it, carefully pressing it with a cool iron, hanging it in your closet on a gold-plated hanger, and occasionally taking it out, trying it on, and psyching yourself up for wearing it on Sunday.

By the way, I'm going to the game, too!

Storm
01-03-2005, 10:22 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

A jersey is "prepared" pretty much by washing it, carefully pressing it with a cool iron, hanging it in your closet on a gold-plated hanger, and occasionally taking it out, trying it on, and psyching yourself up for wearing it on Sunday.

By the way, I'm going to the game, too!

What? Are you going to the game?

By the way, I like to talk to my jersey before big games, sometimes it knows the outcome beforehand. Mostly it just hangs there silent though, but I'm sure it appreciates my attention.

LosAngelis
01-03-2005, 11:17 AM
"Storm" wrote:

By the way, I like to talk to my jersey before big games, sometimes it knows the outcome beforehand. Mostly it just hangs there silent though, but I'm sure it appreciates my attention.

"Mostly"? What does it do the other times? :-)

VKG4LFE
01-03-2005, 01:39 PM
I could go to the game for only $100 bucks a ticket, but I think I'm going to have to pass! I would rather celebrate at home in front of my girl and her family!

LosAngelis
01-03-2005, 07:43 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I could go to the game for only $100 bucks a ticket, but I think I'm going to have to pass! I would rather celebrate at home in front of my girl and her family!

Well, the tickets are $94 face, so I wouldn't call that much of a markup.

JohnnyBlood92
01-03-2005, 07:45 PM
Last year I was lucky enough to snag one ticket out of the several thousand that weren't claimed by season ticket holders during the season. I sat 10 rows up on the 40 yard like behind the Pack bench for the Seattle game. The ticket was $82. Where are you sitting??

LosAngelis
01-03-2005, 07:49 PM
"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:

Last year I was lucky enough to snag one ticket out of the several thousand that weren't claimed by season ticket holders during the season. I sat 10 rows up on the 40 yard like behind the Pack bench for the Seattle game. The ticket was $82. Where are you sitting??

Actually, I did that last year, also.

I'm not sure where I'm sitting yet. Still waiting for them to arrive in the mail. Can't wait though!

Did you know I'm going to the game?

JohnnyBlood92
01-03-2005, 07:57 PM
It was a blast last year. Nate Poole was on my plane from Detroit to Green Bay the day before the game. There were a bunch of Packer fans on the flight as well, but no one knew he was on the plane until we landed and about 500 people were waiting!! It was pretty amazing!

cajunvike
01-03-2005, 11:27 PM
Los, is is true that you are going to be at the Rams-Seahawks game this weekend...somebody here told me that, but I don't remember who?

VKG4LFE
01-04-2005, 02:09 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Well, the tickets are $94 face, so I wouldn't call that much of a markup.

I didn't say it was a markup, I was just saying I could go to the game, but I don't want too.

LosAngelis
01-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Oh, okay. I was wondering what the tickets were going for. Darn, I must have cheap seats, then. I was hoping for $94 I'd be in a recliner on the 50 yard line.

VKG4LFE
01-05-2005, 07:01 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Oh, okay. I was wondering what the tickets were going for. Darn, I must have cheap seats, then. I was hoping for $94 I'd be in a recliner on the 50 yard line.

Nope, you get those nice aluminum benches that are oh so cozy!!

bono
01-05-2005, 08:03 PM
I'm not going to the game :cry: Scheduled to work until 1 a.m. Monday morning...i'll just have to record it...
Being at though, however, I worked for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel SPORTS department, I'll be able to hear the game and glimpse every few minutes because we have like five TVs.
Hopefully, my boss 'ill let me off to see the Packers play in the Super Bowl

VKG4LFE
01-05-2005, 08:05 PM
What exactly do you do for the JS? I am extremely jealous that you work in the sports department for a newspaper!! I love being a phy ed teacher (most of the time) but man to work with/in the professional/college/high school sports setting on a daily basis would be awesome!!

bono
01-05-2005, 08:13 PM
Well, I handled stats/standings/game summaries, etc, etc for the NBA/NFL... and other pro sports. I also handled college sports stats, etc and high school prep sports (Wisconsin prep sports), and write previews and regular season previews, as well as -when called upon- cover high school prep games.
Furthermore, I'm the Editorial assistant for America's number one Green Bay Packer publication: Packer Plus [heard of it before?] It's a weekly newspaper that comes out on Thursdays. For this paper, I handle EVERYTHING agate wise (stats, summaries, rosters, standings, schedules, power rankings, nfc/afc individual leaders, top performers, nfl team, nfl turnovers, all 32 team stats, coaching comparisons between the Packers upcoming opponent's coach and Mike Sherman, packer/opp. comparisons, draft picks, all super bowl agate, pro-bowl agate, etc, etc. It's a lot of work, but it's really a cool job (working for a business that deals with nothing but what i love a lot =sports [esp. the packers], and getting paid GOOD for it

LosAngelis
01-05-2005, 08:16 PM
"bono" wrote:

It's a lot of work, but it's really a cool job (working for a business that deals with nothing but what i love a lot =sports [esp. the packers], and getting paid GOOD for it

Any openings?

VKG4LFE
01-05-2005, 08:18 PM
I am really jealous!! I actually want to be a statistician (sp?) But I didn't realize that until my 4th year of college when I took stats!! I am a huge stats freak! I work for the school district of Brown Deer, ever heard of Tony Aker? He's a good football player and pretty good at Bball too! I have heard of Packer Plus too, I buy it every now and then for my girlfriend, unfortunately she's a huge packer fan!!

bono
01-05-2005, 08:29 PM
4life,
I graduated from the University of Wisconsin -Milwaukee in May 2004 with a degree in Journalism & Mass Communication. My Media Writing professor (who also worked in the main newsroom at the journal)-some years ago- informed me about this job...knew how big of a sports fanatic I was...knew the top guys in the sports department. Don't feel bad about not getting into a sports related career. your job sounds pretty cool, too.

Los,
there's no openings at this time. sorry.

VKG4LFE
01-05-2005, 08:34 PM
I like my job, and I would love to do what you do but I'm no writer! I would love to sit and crunch numbers all day (figuring out stats). I think it is awesome what stats they come up with during a game, for example..

Did you know that for games that start at noon central time, when it hits 2:00 Brett Favre has thrown more interceptions than completions while inside a dome with attendance over 60,000 than completions while inside his own redzone?

Now, that probably doesn't make much sense to you, but I think you get my point!! lol

bono
01-05-2005, 08:46 PM
4Life,
I never knew that about Favre. Wow! lol
Going back to packer plus, you mentioned that your significant other gets the paper (packer backer). I was wondering if you or her ever run across Mike Hart's "Grapevine" articles? He has got to be one of the funniest ppl I know! For the edition that comes out tomorrow he headlines the Grapevine with Randy Moss. Here's a little of it:

"It is possible that Randy Moss strolled off the field Sunday in Washington well ahead of his teammates to study his playbook.
Or get a good seat on the team bus.
Ah, yes.
The wacky world of the Minnesota Vikigns. Leave it to the Vikings to always provide some comic relief.
Only in Minnesota can a guy desert his teammates -who were, by the way, fighting for a playoff spot - and get away with it.
Mike Tice, armed with a contract extension, could have done something about it. He should have suspended Moss, who doesn't seem to show much interest in playing anyway.
Tice, however chose to work the crowd for a possible future career as a comedian.
'Most people say we backed into the playoffs. Yeah, that's true," said Coach Collapse.
Upon finishing his post-game remarks, Tice walked backward through the locker room door.
' Look," he said, 'I'm backing into the playoffs.'
At least he wasn't popping champagne corks.
Minnesota center Matt Birk was ready to pop Moss. 'It shouldn't happen, and if it happens again there might be some problems, 'Birk said Monday."
The article goes on, but I think this is enough to show you how sarcastic this guy is. Simply put: he's one of the best.

VKG4LFE
01-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Tee hee. So funny. jk I only buy that paper for her when I'm in trouble and stuff, kind of to put a smile on her face and to hope she forgets why she's mad at me. I have never read it either because I see all the green and gold crap I can handle on TV and on the cover of the sports page (the js!! jk)

Did he write an article on why Brett Favre left the dome early in 2002 after throwing 3 picks and losing? jk But seriously... did he? lol

bono
01-05-2005, 08:57 PM
not sure if he did, 4Life.
But hey, you've got style, my man: buying her packer plus to cool her down...setting aside all your anti-packer feelings to purchase something pertaining to the green and gold for her. Now, you, my friend, are definately a classy guy!!! :love3:

VKG4LFE
01-05-2005, 09:01 PM
I usually buy it with my vikings visa though!! lol

VKG4LFE
01-05-2005, 09:02 PM
He!! for x-mas last year I bought her a Brett Favre autographed mini helmet (with my vikings visa of course) and that earned me a ton of points!!

bono
01-05-2005, 09:13 PM
killing two birds with one stone, eh?!

VKG4LFE
01-05-2005, 09:14 PM
Exactly!!

cajunvike
01-05-2005, 09:28 PM
That is all fine and dandy, but one question...is Los going to the game?

VKG4LFE
01-05-2005, 09:29 PM
Not that I know of!?

triedandtruevikesfan
01-05-2005, 10:16 PM
I hear that he wanted to go... but isn't going... or he's going to a different game? I don't know... ask Los... :wink:

LosAngelis
01-05-2005, 11:51 PM
Have I forgotten to mention this? Darn it, I meant to tell you all.

I'm going to THE game. Not the game, THE game. I'm bringing my digital camera to take some picks. I'm sure I'll find a good one for you guys to view involving a towel.

http://store1.yimg.com/I/stageclothes_1826_1550396.jpg

cajunvike
01-06-2005, 12:02 AM
Well, I'll be darned...Los...our very own Los Angelis...is going to THE game. Just think, we knew him when he only aspired to attend a game...and look at him now...struttin' his stuff at THE biggest game to hit the NFC North since...well, let's just say that this game will make grown men cry once it is over...Los may be the one in the picture with the towel! LOL

Vikesfan4u
01-06-2005, 12:17 AM
Wow, I wish I could go to the game, probably wouldn't get off of work for it though, I work at a nursing home, you know, those old ones have to have their meds and stuff, probably too late to get any tickets if I could go anyhow. Oh well...there's always next year to get ticks for the vikes games right???

ultravikingfan
01-06-2005, 12:24 AM
Tommorrow the remainder of the tickets for the upcoming Eagles game go on sale. There are not many left, but I am going to try and get 2 (the limit) just in case the Viks (praying) have to play them. If they don't, straight to ebay with them ($$$).

Vikesfan4u
01-06-2005, 01:19 AM
Good idea ultra, I wouldn't want tickets to a game they wouldn't be playing at either.

jackyl
01-06-2005, 01:21 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

I'm going to THE game. Not the game, THE game. I'm bringing my digital camera to take some picks. I'm sure I'll find a good one for you guys to view involving a towel.

We should get together before game time. :thumbright:

ultravikingfan
01-06-2005, 01:31 AM
"Vikesfan4u" wrote:

Good idea ultra, I wouldn't want tickets to a game they wouldn't be playing at either.

Since I live in Cleveland and have had to buy tickets via ebay, I know that hot events can sell for big $$$. I was going to buy tickets for the Steelers, but they do things different. Their season ticket holders get to get their seats, then extras. Whatever is left, they go right down the waiting list for season ticket holders. Last I heard, the list is >200,000.

Vikesfan4u
01-06-2005, 01:37 AM
Wow, well I'm here in Wisconsin, stuck listening to all the cheeseheads here, how messed up right? But I guess I didn't really look into getting tickets anyhow, I figured why freeze my ass off and be stuck in a stadium with a bunch of drunk packer backers who will only be shit talking when the pack fall dead on their heads. I guess I'll go to work and take care of all the old ppl and stay warm to celebrate the victory when our team wins it!!

VKG4LFE
01-06-2005, 10:10 AM
Where is Wisconsin do you live?

elgordo
01-06-2005, 10:32 AM
I suggest you stay at home Los...
It will be a shame to see you cry in public after the Vikings exact their revenge and crush the Packers in the only game that counts this year.
Get ready for an ass whooping and having your cheese melted all over the frozen tundra.

Vikesfan4u
01-06-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm in St. Francis, WI. down by Lake Michigan, right by the lake front.

whackthepack
01-06-2005, 12:13 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

I will be looking for you on TV Los, you should be easy to spot! The only intelligent looking Packer fan with a digital camera!

It was to easy Los, I had to do it!
:cheers:

ultravikingfan
01-06-2005, 12:21 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

I will be looking for you on TV Los, you should be easy to spot! The only intelligent looking Packer fan with a digital camera!

It was to easy Los, I had to do it!
:cheers:

Thats a good one! :salute:

VKG4LFE
01-06-2005, 12:24 PM
"Vikesfan4u" wrote:

Oh, I teach and coach in Brown Deer! We're not too far from each other!!

Vikesfan4u
02-22-2005, 01:15 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

"Vikesfan4u" wrote:

Oh, I teach and coach in Brown Deer! We're not too far from each other!!

Wow, we are close to eachother, we should get together sometime with some other ppl who live in WI. so we can have a packer bashing party, or an any other team bashing party...lol, maybe it would be easier to say, a vikes party....lol, I'm so silly today, sorry for being goofy. :roll:

VKG4LFE
02-22-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm down with that!!

DemonicViking
02-22-2005, 11:17 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Have I mentioned I'm going to the game yet?

Yeah, skogs, I know you are, too. Try and sit on the other side, would you? (just kidding :-) )

<---still doing happy dance.

<---preparing JWalker jersey for game day

Woo hoo!!!!!!

So what was the final score? Did we win? :laughing3: