PDA

View Full Version : MVN Offseason Power Rankings

singersp
05-11-2008, 09:52 AM
NFL Offseason Power Rankings (http://mvn.com/nfl-giants/2008/05/10/nfl-offseason-power-rankings/)

By Nate Rosenblatt
mvn.com

May 10th, 2008

DustinDupont
05-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Thats the first guy that ive seen that said Jared Allen is a selfish player

route33
05-11-2008, 10:37 AM
THE PACKERS WILL BE DOWN THIS YEAR AND FOR YEARS TO COME, LAST YEAR WAS A FLUKE.

Mr-holland
05-11-2008, 10:38 AM
"route33" wrote:

THE PACKERS WILL BE DOWN THIS YEAR AND FOR YEARS TO COME, LAST YEAR WAS A FLUKE.

Yeaaah!! great 1st post!!

Go introduce yourself into the free beer forum

marstc09
05-11-2008, 10:55 AM
"DustinDupont" wrote:

He says that all Jared is concerned with is sacks. What do you want him to be concerned with, throwing the football? Earth to Nate Rosenblatt, that is his job! We need sacks and pressure on the QB. Didn't you see what your D did to Tom Brady?

marstc09
05-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Why is everyone (Packer fans and this idiot) so concerned with our QB position. TJ has played in the NFL! This is not even really his 3rd year. He had a pretty decent year last year. What makes him think Rodgers or Brohm are going to get it done?

Also, we don't need Rice to become our #1. The west coast offense is not based on that.

Ultrapurple
05-11-2008, 12:03 PM
I take this for exactly what it is, a NY Giants fan's opinion on what he thinks! Which carries significantly less weight then the so called "experts" that you see on any given sports network you watch.

I did not bother to research his previous "blogs" to see what he had to say about his "Super Bowl MVP" quarterback early last year when the Giants were struggling. But knowing how fickle the NY fans can be, I'd wager he was not always on the Eli band wagon!

That being said, I am much happier competing with our division rivals for rights to the NFC North crown, then having to battle their rivals for the NFC East! He shows his true colors when he totally dismisses the Cowboy's, and gives "his team" next season's divisional title.

It is his opinion, he is entitled to it. Just as it is my opinion that he is wrong, take them both for exactly what they are worth, ZIP!!!

VikingMike
05-11-2008, 12:23 PM
I have no problem with his analysis of our team. As a matter of fact, I hope there are more writers (and experts) out there who pick us to be so-so. We still have a lot to prove. But I would rather we go into this season with a lot to prove than to be crowned the champs of the NFC North before a single snap.

Until we start playing, and playing well, what people say about us means absolutely nothing...it only swells our own personal pride. But for me, I know this team made some very good decisions and extraordinary personnel upgrades with one thing in mind...that's what has me excited now. Who cares what bloggers or analysts say at this time...just let us be #1 in the rankings after the SB!

P.P.E.
05-11-2008, 01:29 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

Why is everyone (Packer fans and this idiot) so concerned with our QB position. TJ has played in the NFL! This is not even really his 3rd year. He had a pretty decent year last year. What makes him think Rodgers or Brohm are going to get it done?

Also, we don't need Rice to become our #1. The west coast offense is not based on that.

Against his Giants T. Jackson went 10/12 129 yards and a TD last year.
Everybody forgets that TJ didn't play but two games his rookie year and missed three due to injury last year.
He has played 15 games.
He will get better, all he needs to do is work on his play action(which was horrible last year) fake and throw a few deep a game to make sure the safety's don't creep up..
As far as Jared Allen being selfish is concerned, i havent heard that anywhere else and on the KC Chiefs for the last four years who could blame him.

Vikes_King
05-11-2008, 02:38 PM
i think someone is still bitter over the ass whooping the Vikings handed the Giants last year :) :) :)

duvaldomo
05-11-2008, 02:46 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

i think someone is still bitter over the jiggly butt whooping the Vikings handed the Giants last year :) :) :)

Agreed lol

AngloVike
05-11-2008, 03:05 PM
"DustinDupont" wrote:

er excuse me.....and that was why I thought we signed him ???
it certainly wasn't
for ability to catch the ball or drop into coverage. I'm sure that the coaching staff will make allowances for him when planning the defensive schemes. Let people like this have their say however wrong they might be, we'll do our talking on the field.
Looking at his picks then its clear that he just looked at the final standings and added some of his own spiel on it. Even Joe Buck couldn't fail to sound like he knew something about the game by doing this. ::)

cajunvike
05-12-2008, 02:35 PM
"Colts - This team peaked both offensively and defensively in 2004 when Peyton Manning threw 49 TDs to the likes of Harrison, Wayne, Stokley and Clark and handed the ball off to Edgerrin James and Dominic Rhodes."

And YET this team won the Super Bowl two years LATER???
This guy is a dumb ass.

But with his logic, I guess that the Pats peaked last year as well?
Oh wait, he has them first.
What a REALLY dumb ass.

cajunvike
05-12-2008, 02:37 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

er excuse me.....and that was why I thought we signed him ???
it certainly wasn't
for ability to catch the ball or drop into coverage. I'm sure that the coaching staff will make allowances for him when planning the defensive schemes. Let people like this have their say however wrong they might be, we'll do our talking on the field.
Looking at his picks then its clear that he just looked at the final standings and added some of his own spiel on it. Even Joe Buck couldn't fail to sound like he knew something about the game by doing this. ::)

I agree...the writer of that article is a total dumb ass!

BloodyHorns82
05-12-2008, 03:03 PM
This was my favorite comment...

I AM A HUGE GIANT FAN, but how can you put the vikings at 12 they are a top10 if not 5 ten they had one of the best offseasons and great D is combined with a great Running game, sound to me like a superball team. Vikings and a NFC east in the NFC finals

Not sure if I am even as optimistic for us as this Giants fan is, but fun to read none the less.
;D

cajunvike
05-12-2008, 03:22 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

This was my favorite comment...

I AM A HUGE GIANT FAN, but how can you put the vikings at 12 they are a top10 if not 5 ten they had one of the best offseasons and great D is combined with a great Running game, sound to me like a superball team. Vikings and a NFC east in the NFC finals

Not sure if I am even as optimistic for us as this Giants fan is, but fun to read none the less.
;D

IF you believe that the poster was REALLY a Giants fan...more likely it was a Vikes fan trying to sound unbiased.
There is a lot of that going on in these blogs nowadays.
Keep following the same poster and you will likely find that they trip themselves up sooner or later.