PDA

View Full Version : USA today power rankings almost top 10 vikes

digital420
05-09-2008, 09:00 AM
didn't see this one posted yet.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2008-05-06-power-rankings_N.htm

and i luv this quote

QB questions persist, but with that defense, 13 points a game might net 11 wins.

DiGiTaL

ThorSPL
05-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Not a bad list, all in all

cajunvike
05-09-2008, 10:08 AM
LAME LIST!!!

PurpleTide
05-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Still got the Pack in the top ten. That will be a oops down the road.

El Vikingo
05-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Eagles,Packs and Seahawks ahead ??
::)

BloodyHorns82
05-09-2008, 10:24 AM
I actually liked these rankings...
I really don't think NYG is the second best team, but they did just in the Super Bowl so it's somewhat hard to argue.

The Dropper
05-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Seahawks are the seventh best team in the country? Really.

sufuvike93
05-09-2008, 10:55 AM
"The" wrote:

Seahawks are the seventh best team in the country? Really.

They still don't have a strong O-Line and didn't really do too much in the offseason...no way they are #7

ultravikingfan
05-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Meh, I would rather be ranked low so the expectations are not high.
Seems like when we get ranked high we flop.

I like to fly under the radar.

Jimmymeboy
05-09-2008, 12:25 PM
I think the pack's ranking is based solely on the record from last season.
I like where the Vikes are at, but the one that caught my attention is seeing the Browns ahead of the Steelers!

Vikes_King
05-09-2008, 02:43 PM
"El" wrote:

Eagles,Packs and Seahawks ahead ??
::)

Eagles could be scary.
Their D is going to be a really solid this year.
Asante Samuel, Lito Sheppard, Sheldon Brown?

DeathtoDenny
05-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that A. The Seahawks are way too overrated and that B. In any other division, they're 3rd place or worst? And the Giants should be nowhere near number 2.

Vikes_King
05-09-2008, 02:48 PM
"DeathtoDenny" wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks that A. The Seahawks are way too overrated and that B. In any other division, they're 3rd place or worst? And the Giants should be nowhere near number 2.

The team that wins the Super Bowl deserves to be in the top 3, no matter what until proven otherwise, imo.

marstc09
05-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Green Bay is overrated!

DeathtoDenny
05-09-2008, 02:54 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

Green Bay is overrated!

I thought that went without saying!

marstc09
05-09-2008, 02:58 PM
"Jimmymeboy" wrote:

I like where the Vikes are at, but the one that caught my attention is seeing the Browns ahead of the Steelers!

Browns will be better than the Steelers. They are loaded with talent.

nailhead77
05-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Bad list! >:(

imo
we will be better than the browns(defense not that good), eagles(wide receiver?, Mcnabb's health) packers(suck) seahawks (no off. line
mediocre running/passing game).

I know it all depends on our QB, but we shpuld be better than all these teams and have the ability now to challenge teams like the colts with our new pass rush.
however i am a little bias ;D

NordicNed
05-09-2008, 04:06 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Jimmymeboy" wrote:

Browns will be better than the Steelers. They are loaded with talent.

I'm not sure who I was talkng to, maybe Singer, but I gave my top three picks on who I think is really going to take a big step backwards this season as far as a whole team is concerned, and the Steelers are on that list.
Along with the Redskins and one other team who I may have some change of heart on due to draft...But I'll fill that #3 slot soon...

;D

StillPurple
05-09-2008, 04:31 PM
That list is lame. We will own the Packers this year, and we would easily beat the Steelers or Browns.

IwearSox21
05-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Its a pretty medicore list. Its based mostly on record from last year. The seahawks, are way too high, there is no way their better than any of the top 12.

midgensa
05-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Yeah that list is a little surprising to me. I think the love for the Eagles is a little off ... especially by the default that they are in the NFC East and if you like the Redskins and Giants in that division then it is tough to like a third team (although I know that three from that division made it last season).
I also am not a huge fan of the Steelers, but I know a lot of prognosticators think they will be good again this season.
I personally feel like the Vikes should be in most top tens ... but I guess we will have to prove it on Sundays ... which is what most of the top 10 has been doing for a few years now.

gagarr
05-09-2008, 08:52 PM
What's stupid about this list is except for a few places up and down, the list almost mirrors the standings of last year.
We all know except for a few teams, there are always great rises (Browns 4-12 to 10-6) and great falls (Bears 13-3 to 7-9).

My predictions of great rises will be:
* Raiders - Russel and McFadden will act like catylists.
I'm not saying SB or Playoffs, but 8-8 or 9-7... either a big jump from 4-12.
* 49ers - Again a team I feel has under acheived, Martz will bring some zip to the offense.
Smith will come into his own.
Bruce will add great leadership and mentor to younger WR.

Great falls:
* Pack - this isn't just hating on the Pack (although I do).
I think Farve brought MUCH more than skills at QB.
He was the heart of the team.
With Farve they "believed", this can't be replaced.
Rodgers faulters and the team will not "believe".
Vikes will crush them on MNF, sacking Rodgers 5 times, 3 INTs, 0 passing TD's and a QB rating of 54.
The Pack fall to 7-9 or 6-10

Giants - They got lucky... Manning was "on" at the right times during the playoffs. Manning is the poster child for inconsistancy in the regular season.. QB ratings: wk 11 - 12 from 100.7 to 33.8 and wk 16 - 17 from
32.2 to 118.6.
As the Vikes showed he can be very very bad even against a so-so "D".
He has his ring to show his Dad and brother, so the chip is off.
The Strahan and Shockey stuff will distract.
Giants go 7-9.

DustinDupont
05-10-2008, 02:50 AM
"gagarr" wrote:

What's stupid about this list is except for a few places up and down, the list almost mirrors the standings of last year.
We all know except for a few teams, there are always great rises (Browns 4-12 to 10-6) and great falls (Bears 13-3 to 7-9).

* 49ers - Again a team I feel has under acheived, Martz will bring some zip to the offense.

Great falls:
Vikes will crush them on MNF, sacking Rodgers 5 times, 3 INTs, 0 passing TD's and a QB rating of 54.

Giants - They got lucky... Manning was "on" at the right times during the playoffs. Manning is the poster child for inconsistancy in the regular season.. QB ratings: wk 11 - 12 from 100.7 to 33.8 and wk 16 - 17 from
32.2 to 118.6.
Giants go 7-9.

Oakland will not win 8 games... and they still need a line to block for Russel and McFadden...

digital420
05-10-2008, 03:24 AM
"DustinDupont" wrote:

"gagarr" wrote:

Great falls:

32.2 to 118.6.
Giants go 7-9.

Oakland will not win 8 games... and they still need a line to block for Russel and McFadden...

i'm suspicious of russel and mcfad in their first year. i do agree though that they will be a force in the years to come.

this list is based mainly on last year, and the draft/FA. so figure we will be voted low, this though is fun as by week 4..recheck this list with the early risers. if we don't crack the top 10 by 4th week. we're not living up to who we could be.

DiGiTaL