PDA

View Full Version : Vikings won over by talents of 'changed' Jared Allen



singersp
05-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Vikings won over by talents of 'changed' Jared Allen (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/vikings/2008-05-08-sw-jared-allen_N.htm)

Updated 8h 7m ago


By Jim Corbett, USA TODAY
usatoday.com


Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier had his doubts about all-pro defensive end Jared Allen's pledge that he is a changed man after three drunken-driving arrests since 2002.....

HEY
05-09-2008, 08:03 AM
Management decided to pursue Allen rather than move up the draft board for Florida defensive end Derrick Harvey the way the Jacksonville Jaguars did, partly on the recommendation of former Vikings Pro Bowl fullback Tony Richardson, now with the New York Jets. Richardson spent time with Allen, his former Chiefs teammate, at the Pro Bowl in February and was impressed by his personal growth.

Man, I'm gonna miss Tony Richardson! He is a great player and a person. To bad he left us
:'(

digital420
05-09-2008, 08:57 AM
arrrgggg... after reading that.. I WANT THE SEASON TO START!!!


u can't run.. u can't sit back and throw.. whatcha gonna do?

DiGiTaL

Mark_The_Viking
05-09-2008, 09:27 AM
I'm actually starting to beleive we can have a great season. If some of those off season acquisitions can really contribute and the team can stay healthy who knows where it can end.

Roll on September ;D

NodakPaul
05-09-2008, 09:30 AM
"Mark_The_Viking" wrote:


I'm actually starting to beleive we can have a great season. If some of those off season acquisitions can really contribute and the team can stay healthy who knows where it can end.

Roll on September ;D


It can end with a Super Bowl win!

Honestly, I think this team is the most poised for a Super Bowl run in about a decade.
We are only missing one piece, and it is entirely possible that that piece has matured enough to be a serviceable player this year.
We shall see...

Purple Floyd
05-09-2008, 09:40 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:


"Mark_The_Viking" wrote:


I'm actually starting to beleive we can have a great season. If some of those off season acquisitions can really contribute and the team can stay healthy who knows where it can end.

Roll on September ;D


It can end with a Super Bowl win!

Honestly, I think this team is the most poised for a Super Bowl run in about a decade.
We are only missing one piece, and it is entirely possible that that piece has matured enough to be a serviceable player this year.
We shall see...


Herschel Walker? ???

i have heard that before somewhere ;D

Vikes_King
05-09-2008, 02:47 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


"Mark_The_Viking" wrote:


I'm actually starting to beleive we can have a great season. If some of those off season acquisitions can really contribute and the team can stay healthy who knows where it can end.

Roll on September ;D


It can end with a Super Bowl win!

Honestly, I think this team is the most poised for a Super Bowl run in about a decade.
We are only missing one piece, and it is entirely possible that that piece has matured enough to be a serviceable player this year.
We shall see...


Herschel Walker? ???

i have heard that before somewhere ;D


dangerous roads my friend..

StillPurple
05-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Someone mentioned Tony Richardson. I was hanging out with a good friend of his recently, and I kept asking him "is he really still a Viking" ? and the friend kept saying yes. Unfortunately, he is now a Jet...

NodakPaul
05-09-2008, 04:45 PM
"StillPurple" wrote:


Someone mentioned Tony Richardson. I was hanging out with a good friend of his recently, and I kept asking him "is he really still a Viking" ? and the friend kept saying yes. Unfortunately, he is now a Jet...


Wow is that ever completely off topic...

NodakPaul
05-09-2008, 04:48 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


"Mark_The_Viking" wrote:


I'm actually starting to beleive we can have a great season. If some of those off season acquisitions can really contribute and the team can stay healthy who knows where it can end.

Roll on September ;D


It can end with a Super Bowl win!

Honestly, I think this team is the most poised for a Super Bowl run in about a decade.
We are only missing one piece, and it is entirely possible that that piece has matured enough to be a serviceable player this year.
We shall see...


Herschel Walker? ???

i have heard that before somewhere ;D


It is OK to be one piece away.
It is not OK to trade years and years worth of first and second round draft picks to pick up that piece.
:)

Billy Boy
05-09-2008, 04:56 PM
"StillPurple" wrote:


Someone mentioned Tony Richardson. I was hanging out with a good friend of his recently, and I kept asking him "is he really still a Viking" ? and the friend kept saying yes. Unfortunately, he is now a Jet...


Man! How much I would love to just sit down and pick your brain sometime...

anyways...

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2008/05/08/allenx.jpg

If that isn't the definition of a smirk then I don't know what is.
You can tell Chilly is just excited for this season.

marstc09
05-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the great article Singer.

These quotes are getting me so pumped for the season. A big piece of what the Vikings defense was missing.


The Vikings landed the top pass rusher available in an offseason the Super Bowl-winning New York Giants influenced with the pressure they generated on New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady in Super Bowl XLII.


Frazier played cornerback for the stifling 1985 Chicago Bears defense that throttled the Patriots 46-10 in Super Bowl XX. "I just remember what (defensive end and Super Bowl XX MVP) Richard Dent did for us in Chicago," Frazier says. "It made mine and (cornerback) Mike Richardson's job covering so much easier with the pressure he put on quarterbacks.


"Jared is not just one-dimensional," Frazier says. "He can bat down balls, harass the quarterback and stop the run."

Marrdro
05-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Very nice read indeed.
Thanks.


Frazier estimated the Vikings were forced to blitz "35% of the time"
Thats a bad thing when you run a Cover 2 Defense my friends.
:-[

purplepowered
05-10-2008, 01:55 PM
After reading that i can only say
Can you dig it sukka! I can feel it people! We beat the GMEN and We got sooo Sooo much better. Its Purple Passion Time!

DustinDupont
05-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Great Read!

And I cant wait to see him play in purple

Mark_The_Viking
05-14-2008, 11:44 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


Very nice read indeed.
Thanks.


Frazier estimated the Vikings were forced to blitz "35% of the time"
Thats a bad thing when you run a Cover 2 Defense my friends.

:-[


Forgive my ignorance but why?

vikingivan
05-14-2008, 11:49 AM
"Mark_The_Viking" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


Very nice read indeed.
Thanks.


Frazier estimated the Vikings were forced to blitz "35% of the time"
Thats a bad thing when you run a Cover 2 Defense my friends.

:-[


Forgive my ignorance but why?


If you rush only 4, you have 7 players left in coverage.
The more you rush the less players you have in coverage.
If you blitz and don't get to the qb the chances of him completing a pass are much higher.

singersp
05-14-2008, 07:58 PM
"Billy" wrote:


"StillPurple" wrote:


Someone mentioned Tony Richardson. I was hanging out with a good friend of his recently, and I kept asking him "is he really still a Viking" ? and the friend kept saying yes. Unfortunately, he is now a Jet...


Man! How much I would love to just sit down and pick your brain sometime...



http://api.ning.com/files/CNajkpVAQTiVSRKhN0UCvkbEZk3t4iFq6LdEAEt1E9A_/SlimPickensC10104376.jpeg

:P

BadlandsVikings
05-14-2008, 08:35 PM
"singersp" wrote:


"Billy" wrote:


"StillPurple" wrote:


Someone mentioned Tony Richardson. I was hanging out with a good friend of his recently, and I kept asking him "is he really still a Viking" ? and the friend kept saying yes. Unfortunately, he is now a Jet...


Man! How much I would love to just sit down and pick your brain sometime...



http://api.ning.com/files/CNajkpVAQTiVSRKhN0UCvkbEZk3t4iFq6LdEAEt1E9A_/SlimPickensC10104376.jpeg

:P


"What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is a-goin' on here?! I hired you people to try to git a little track laid, not to jump around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots!"