PDA

View Full Version : do the vikes want playoffs???

vikes09
01-02-2005, 04:41 PM
i know were in, but will it make you feel better if we lose and, or are humiliated in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd round, or (heaven forbide) the superbowl and get a horrible draft pick?? and if we do get to the superbowl ( if we lose on the way there than the draft pick which we need will be a low 1st round)and get crunched by whoever won the dogfight in the afc would that make u feel good??? oh, we made it to the super bowl and lost.....again.

sorry for the pessimistic and negative view but im being realistic.
( ill probably get blasted for this.)

PAvikesfan
01-02-2005, 04:43 PM
vikes aren't even looking forward to tying their cleats before the wildcard game--let alone playing anyone.

we have the best chance against Seatle to win.

Calmwind
01-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Draft picks mean nothing for this team at this point, K will was a #1 pick and is awesome just like alot of our #1's. But we also have 4th and 5th rounders playing well. So we can find good picks at any point in the draft. We need a defense that has been in the same system for awhile to start fixing things. Its a domino effect but it starts with the D faltering. So im not wishing their fate based on a draft pick sorry!

vikes09
01-03-2005, 11:10 AM
last time i checked draft picks did mean something and this team needs some d talent and if some1 takes who we want then oh, 2 bad we went so far into the playoffs 2 lose.

Del Rio
01-03-2005, 11:21 AM
you checked wrong. We never have a HIGH draft pick number and we have still secured some solid talent. We draft well no matter what number we are at.

I would rather make it to the super bowl and lose miserably then not making it. I could give a crap if we lose 20 superbowl but you would get a chance to watch the Vikes in the big dance.

vikes09
01-05-2005, 06:26 PM
sorry for this thread and ive changed my outlook on this game. :D the vikes r my team and i will stay positive and cheer through it all and i do want the vikes 2go far in the playoffs and the superbowl
:king:
GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :salute:

VKG4LFE
01-05-2005, 08:43 PM
"Calmwind" wrote:

Draft picks mean nothing for this team at this point, K will was a #1 pick and is awesome just like alot of our #1's. But we also have 4th and 5th rounders playing well. So we can find good picks at any point in the draft. We need a defense that has been in the same system for awhile to start fixing things. Its a domino effect but it starts with the D faltering. So im not wishing their fate based on a draft pick sorry!

The thing that I worry about is that by the time we get a really good D (top 10 or 15 in the league) we will have a very average offense that can't move the football!! I don't know what I'd rather see, good offense, piss poor defense (the current team) or a great D with a pathetic offense? I think I choose offense but if it came down to it where we had it the other way around I would probably like the great D!

rkuriger04
01-05-2005, 08:46 PM
anyone can emerge as a star...any round...john randle wasnt even drafted so isay take it as far as we can even if we lose in the super bowl....the packers didnt

bono
01-05-2005, 08:50 PM
of course they want it. what team wouldn't? The Vikings, however, know they don't have what it takes to enter the playoffs, and so, are a little edgy going into their first post-season play, in what seems like years.

eelpout72
01-05-2005, 09:07 PM
huh, wanting to lose/get humiliated in the playoffs to get a better draft pick? in the first round to the pack? are you serious?

With that kind of thinking, do you also believe that Tice was trying to lose the last 5 games so that we could get a better draft pick? Maybe its not question of the team being bad or poor coaching.

Damn, we should have gone 0-16 instead of 8-8!

vikes09
01-06-2005, 09:03 PM
no, thats not what i was saying at all. i posted this topic right after the skins game and i was angry. and no i dont think that. and i dont "want" to lose in the playoffs. give me a break.

WBLVikeBabe
01-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Hey Vikes 09 it's all good, I was about to say something bad to what you had originally said until I read your other message about your changed outlook on the game. I'm glad ya changed your mind.
SKOL VIKES!! :cheers: