PDA

View Full Version : Do you get that feeling?

Bdubya
01-02-2005, 04:07 PM
Does it ever seem to anyone here that the entire world is against the Vikings? Every single thing that could possibly go against them does.

ultravikingfan
01-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Yes, that terrible feeling I get once a year (right about now)! :pukeright:

indialovesvikes
01-02-2005, 04:10 PM
man we are damn near cooked....it will take some miraculous losses from teams that are showing more drive than us.
hope's hanging by a thin thread....!!!!!!
i'm gonna start grieving already
thx vikes for giving us hopes early in the season just to come back and shatter them at the end
thx tice thx red thx dc thx moss and thx defense!!!!!

PhxFan
01-02-2005, 04:40 PM
At least we get to see one more game http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/edoom/sad2.gif

XTAP59
01-02-2005, 06:04 PM
"PhxFan" wrote:

At least we get to see one more game http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/edoom/sad2.gif

I'm hoping for four more games.

hovan
01-02-2005, 06:05 PM
"XTAP59" wrote:

"PhxFan" wrote:

I'm hoping for four more games.

Just beat the Packers. Thats my Superbowl!

snowinapril
01-02-2005, 06:09 PM
"Bdubya" wrote:

Does it ever seem to anyone here that the entire world is against the Vikings? Every single thing that could possibly go against them does.

The only feeling that I get is that we have knocked the SH*T out of ourselves every week after we were 5-1.

Totally kicking our own ass on the field.

FALSE START AFTER FALSE START ruins MOMENTUM.

We have none and we are heading into the playoffs.

You could see it on the sideline at the end of the game. We beat ourselves right out of this season. We have to do a complete one-eighty if we are going to win any games in the playoffs.

TheAnimal93
01-02-2005, 06:14 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Bdubya" wrote:

The only feeling that I get is that we have knocked the SH*T out of ourselves every week after we were 5-1.

Totally kicking our own ass on the field.

FALSE START AFTER FALSE START ruins MOMENTUM.

We have none and we are heading into the playoffs.

You could see it on the sideline at the end of the game. We beat ourselves right out of this season. We have to do a complete one-eighty if we are going to win any games in the playoffs.

are ya pissed buddy? you usually dont vent like that do you? i hear ya too!!!! how many times has that killed drives and games?

snowinapril
01-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Thank You for noticing!

I will be better by next weeks game.

The Vikes are giving me that warm feeling running down my leg again.

Oh sh*t, we pissed it down our leg again.

We have been deceived by our team.

Vikings: "Here, I will lure you with a piece of (hope) bread and smash your F'n Head."

Fans: "OUCH! Why did you have to go and smash my F'n head like that???"

I am not a band wagon fan, but damn it, we deserve better and upset about it. No playoff birth is going to sugar coat it. The only thing that will hela this wound is time or a playoff win.

We can only HOPE that MAYBE this loss is an eye opener for this team and I use the word "team" loosely because a "team" would play better than that.

hovan
01-02-2005, 06:34 PM
[quote="snowinapril"]

We have been deceived by our team.

Vikings: "Here, I will lure you with a piece of (hope) bread and smash your F'n Head."

Fans: "OUCH! Why did you have to go and smash my F'n head like that???"

quote]

DUDE, that is classic. Made my day...I don't feel so bad now. Thanks bro.

snowinapril
01-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Look at all the big words that we used:

HOPE
MAYBE
IF
NEXT-WEEK
NEXT-SEASON
ONE-MORE-GAME

Here is one that is implied:
VICTIMS

What the hell is left to talk about? I am still upset if ya'll can't tell.

snowinapril
01-02-2005, 06:39 PM
Some of you are going to think that I am the a-hole here.

Someone needs to be the a-hole and I wish it was Tice!!!!!!!

An a-hole provides that extra needed push to motivate competitive people (athletes) over to the edge of greatness, nice guys just don't have it.

TheAnimal93
01-02-2005, 07:03 PM
what a piss poor game that we should have stomped these guys in the fricking ground. even tho they have a good d we should be beating the crap out of teams. i am so tired ot trying to figure this out.
and i dont think that you are an ass. far from it.

cajunvike
01-02-2005, 07:32 PM
As they say, the truth hurts...and the truth is that the Vikings do not really have the desire to make the plays to win games...I was at the game today and I saw dropped passes, stupid penalties and lackluster tackling all day long. The Vikes will not win another game until they get some heart...I thought that they had found it after the Jax game but it was only a false alarm.

koolkev8
01-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Just like the Panthers last year goin to the BIG ONE... Vikes are goin to do it this year baby!!~!!~!! (hopefully)

Kevin
aka koolkev

zzbudzz
01-02-2005, 09:15 PM
:bom: yeah, i thought they found some heart after the jacksonville game too.....but . o'well atleast we beat jacksonville ,did i mention that was the only team we beat WITH A WINNING RECORD? how do you get to the playoffs and only beat one team with a winning record? strange season... :pukeright:

bleedpurple
01-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Aside from the philly game it was EXACTLY like last year....

that's just not good enough...

Caine
01-02-2005, 10:36 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

As they say, the truth hurts...and the truth is that the Vikings do not really have the desire to make the plays to win games...I was at the game today and I saw dropped passes, stupid penalties and lackluster tackling all day long. The Vikes will not win another game until they get some heart...I thought that they had found it after the Jax game but it was only a false alarm.

I agree.

I couldn't watch todays game - FOX didn't have it in this area (Between Green Bay and Chicago...guess what I had the option of watching :banghead:

However, I've noticed that our boys just seem to melt away whenever we get close. I saw it against Green Bay and Indy. Our "D" just falls by the wayside, and our "O" just seems to lose heart knowing that no lead will ever remain.

We need some HEART.

Caine

shockzilla
01-02-2005, 10:51 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

Some of you are going to think that I am the a-hole here.

Someone needs to be the a-hole and I wish it was Tice!!!!!!!

An a-hole provides that extra needed push to motivate competitive people (athletes) over to the edge of greatness, nice guys just don't have it.

Snowinapril, I feel the EXACT same way you do - I've been putting up with this crap since the early 1970's, and you know what it feels like? It feels like I'm the geekiest guy in high school (not too far off, actually, but that's another story... :roll: ), and the hottest looking cheerleader says yes when I ask her out to the prom, only to laugh in my face and say "Are you kidding me?" when I say "Really?" I have eternal hope, however, and I know in my heart that I will see the Vikes win the Super Bowl before I die...

snowinapril
01-02-2005, 10:52 PM
"Caine" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

I agree.

I couldn't watch todays game - FOX didn't have it in this area (Between Green Bay and Chicago...guess what I had the option of watching :banghead:

However, I've noticed that our boys just seem to melt away whenever we get close. I saw it against Green Bay and Indy. Our "D" just falls by the wayside, and our "O" just seems to lose heart knowing that no lead will ever remain.

We need some HEART.

Caine

The last two weeks, we have won the turnover battle but lost the games.

The D has been playing better. The D was giving up yards and TDs but they have come up with some big plays.

The D really should have got a stop for a FG instead of letting them score 3 TDs.

We shouldn't have let them score over 17 points and the offense has to score more than 20. Which they would have without penalties and dropped passes.

ItalianStallion
01-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Really I see no heart from anyone on this team save for maybe K-Will and Daunte (sometimes).

snowinapril
01-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Big plays are the turn overs. If it wasn't for those 2 turnovers, the INT and the Fumble, the Skins might have scored 35 points on the our D

BBQ Platypus
01-03-2005, 11:55 AM
I don't care. I'm rooting just as hard for them as I would if I thought they had a chance! SKOL BABY! :cheers: