PDA

View Full Version : Vikings QB coach Rogers says he has plenty to work with



Marrdro
05-04-2008, 03:29 AM
Kevin Rogers sees big things ahead in 2008 for Tarvaris Jackson, but he also likes the young quarterbacks the Vikings picked up over the past week.

By SID HARTMAN, Star Tribune

Last update: May 4, 2008 - 12:16 AM

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/18550839.html

jkjuggalo
05-04-2008, 04:24 AM
Good read.

This is going to be a great season for Vikings fans.
I cannot remember a time that I've been more excited for a season to start.

Garland Greene
05-04-2008, 08:15 AM
Time will tell at Qb, Time will tell ;)

nailhead77
05-04-2008, 09:58 AM
nice article, but what else was he suppose to say about hi own qbs?
with tjack making the neccesary sacrifices to better himself we should see great improvement right away..... we'll see.
IMO we better keep gus from head butting anything cause we're gonna need him.

capt.hrod
05-04-2008, 10:17 AM
I think alot of Jackson's trouble last year was in the Rec.department, who is the receivers coach? What about trying to get Chris Carter to come in and coach? Look what he tought Moss as a mentor.

Purple Floyd
05-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Hopefully he is teaching him what to do when you have no LT and the RT misses his block

nailhead77
05-04-2008, 11:22 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:


Hopefully he is teaching him what to do when you have no LT and the RT misses his block



instinct......id like to see him less hesitant to tuck the ball and go wen things break down.

Mr Anderson
05-04-2008, 11:37 AM
"capt.hrod" wrote:


I think alot of Jackson's trouble last year was in the Rec.department, who is the receivers coach? What about trying to get Chris Carter to come in and coach? Look what he tought Moss as a mentor.


You could say Cris Carter mentored Moss, and I'm sure he did teach him a lot of the finer points of the game, but Randy Moss is also the most talented receiver ever to lace them up. If you take the strongest points of each of our receivers, he did those things better, faster than berrian, taller and a better jumper than Rice, better hands than all of them, etc.

He came into the league as a Ferrari and Carter just made him race ready. There's only so much you can teach a guy like that. They were totally different types of players.
So I really don't know how much Carter did for him.

He has no coaching experience, has his broadcasting jobs, and hasn't expressed any interest in coaching.

nailhead77
05-04-2008, 11:46 AM
"Mr" wrote:


"capt.hrod" wrote:


I think alot of Jackson's trouble last year was in the Rec.department, who is the receivers coach? What about trying to get Chris Carter to come in and coach? Look what he tought Moss as a mentor.


You could say Cris Carter mentored Moss, and I'm sure he did teach him a lot of the finer points of the game, but Randy Moss is also the most talented receiver ever to lace them up. If you take the strongest points of each of our receivers, he did those things better, faster than berrian, taller and a better jumper than Rice, better hands than all of them, etc.

He came into the league as a Ferrari and Carter just made him race ready. There's only so much you can teach a guy like that. They were totally different types of players.
So I really don't know how much Carter did for him.

He has no coaching experience, has his broadcasting jobs, and hasn't expressed any interest in coaching.



he has some experience.....lots of receivers have went through his camps.
not the same as coaching but he knows how to teach.
the problem is he sometimes wears on people, even moss got a little tired of him.
i still think he would be a great addition to the staff, the receivers would have to be a little thick skinned but he would help with footwork, field vision, route running, coverage recognition.....all things these guys need help with.

singersp
05-04-2008, 12:12 PM
"Mr" wrote:


"capt.hrod" wrote:


I think alot of Jackson's trouble last year was in the Rec.department, who is the receivers coach? What about trying to get Chris Carter to come in and coach? Look what he tought Moss as a mentor.


You could say Cris Carter mentored Moss, and I'm sure he did teach him a lot of the finer points of the game, but Randy Moss is also the most talented receiver ever to lace them up. If you take the strongest points of each of our receivers, he did those things better, faster than berrian, taller and a better jumper than Rice, better hands than all of them, etc.

He came into the league as a Ferrari and Carter just made him race ready. There's only so much you can teach a guy like that. They were totally different types of players.
So I really don't know how much Carter did for him.

He has no coaching experience, has his broadcasting jobs, and hasn't expressed any interest in coaching.


Carter's the one who taught Moss to look at the megatron as he was running down the field so he'd know exactly where the ball was without looking behind him.

Mr Anderson
05-04-2008, 12:46 PM
"singersp" wrote:


"Mr" wrote:


"capt.hrod" wrote:


I think alot of Jackson's trouble last year was in the Rec.department, who is the receivers coach? What about trying to get Chris Carter to come in and coach? Look what he tought Moss as a mentor.


You could say Cris Carter mentored Moss, and I'm sure he did teach him a lot of the finer points of the game, but Randy Moss is also the most talented receiver ever to lace them up. If you take the strongest points of each of our receivers, he did those things better, faster than berrian, taller and a better jumper than Rice, better hands than all of them, etc.

He came into the league as a Ferrari and Carter just made him race ready. There's only so much you can teach a guy like that. They were totally different types of players.
So I really don't know how much Carter did for him.

He has no coaching experience, has his broadcasting jobs, and hasn't expressed any interest in coaching.


Carter's the one who taught Moss to look at the megatron as he was running down the field so he'd know exactly where the ball was without looking behind him.


I've actually never heard that before, that's very cool though.

Marrdro
05-04-2008, 10:07 PM
LOL, how the hell did a good article about our QB's turn into a Moss love fest.

This place cracks me up all the time.
;D

Mr Anderson
05-04-2008, 10:11 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


LOL, how the hell did a good article about our QB's turn into a Moss love fest.

This place cracks me up all the time.

;D


It didn't.

I was just emphasizing the point that the things you can teach to a guy like Bobby Wade and the things you can teach to a Randy Moss are completely different, and Carter might not be cut out for teaching players with average talent levels.

Marrdro
05-04-2008, 10:20 PM
"Mr" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


LOL, how the hell did a good article about our QB's turn into a Moss love fest.

This place cracks me up all the time.

;D


It didn't.

I was just emphasizing the point that the things you can teach to a guy like Bobby Wade and the things you can teach to a Randy Moss are completely different, and Carter might not be cut out for teaching players with average talent levels.

OK, it didn't.
But it came damn close.
LOL.
;D

Mr Anderson
05-04-2008, 11:04 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"Mr" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


LOL, how the hell did a good article about our QB's turn into a Moss love fest.

This place cracks me up all the time.

;D


It didn't.

I was just emphasizing the point that the things you can teach to a guy like Bobby Wade and the things you can teach to a Randy Moss are completely different, and Carter might not be cut out for teaching players with average talent levels.

OK, it didn't.
But it came damn close.
LOL.

;D


Some strong emphasization on my part haha

vikings4life33
05-05-2008, 02:44 PM
i almost feel like a bears fan with the whole rex thing. we are better then that.