PDA

View Full Version : Is Chester Taylor Happy with his Lot in Life?



PacNWVike
05-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Poor guy is #2 on one team, comes to the Vikes, performs well and voila', he's #2 again...

cajunvike
05-02-2008, 05:46 PM
He gets paid the same no matter what...actually he may be able to extend his career longer with the reduced workload.

dcboardr41
05-02-2008, 05:49 PM
"PacNWVike" wrote:


Poor guy is #2 on one team, comes to the Vikes, performs well and voila', he's #2 again...


not a poor guy at all, i wish i had his career and salary

oh and on the CT note, i bowl, and i get a bowling magazine in the mail randomly, and he was in it, supposively hes not a bad bowler, but i was confused by him wearing a BEARS hat.
???

PacNWVike
05-02-2008, 05:57 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:


He gets paid the same no matter what...actually he may be able to extend his career longer with the reduced workload.

Good points.
What is his base salary?
He could always hire out to teach Obama how to bowl!
;D

PackSux!
05-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Chester seems to be happy in all the interviews i have seen.
I am sure in this point of his career that he wants a ring before being a number 1 back.

NordicNed
05-02-2008, 06:17 PM
I would bet my house, that if you asked CT if he was happy or not,
he'd be laughing to hard to answer you....




He's a great player with a great situation on hand and loving life I bet...




Personaly,
I really like him as a player and he is at the top of my list when it comes to Vikings Players I like.





GO CT.





And I still remember all the nay sayers when we signed him....Shame on you all... ;D

gagarr
05-02-2008, 06:26 PM
If the Vikes would have brought in a FA to challenge him, he probably wouldn't be too happy about it.

But not even the Vikes knew that AD would be what he is.
CT can't fault a rookie that set the all time rushing record from taking reps from him.

Plus, CT isn't riding the bench... he got his reps and he will continue to get them.
The best teams in the NFL now have a 1-2 punch at RB, unless they are a pass first team.

The only down side for CT is if his contract is loaded with performance incentives.
Does anyone know?
I don't think this is something teams do with proven vets.

stateVIKE44
05-02-2008, 06:31 PM
"dcboardr41" wrote:


"PacNWVike" wrote:


Poor guy is #2 on one team, comes to the Vikes, performs well and voila', he's #2 again...


not a poor guy at all, i wish i had his career and salary

oh and on the CT note, i bowl, and i get a bowling magazine in the mail randomly, and he was in it, supposively hes not a bad bowler, but i was confused by him wearing a BEARS hat.
???


A CHICAGO bears hat??? Weird man!

gagarr
05-02-2008, 06:35 PM
"stateVIKE44" wrote:


"dcboardr41" wrote:


"PacNWVike" wrote:


Poor guy is #2 on one team, comes to the Vikes, performs well and voila', he's #2 again...


not a poor guy at all, i wish i had his career and salary

oh and on the CT note, i bowl, and i get a bowling magazine in the mail randomly, and he was in it, supposively hes not a bad bowler, but i was confused by him wearing a BEARS hat.
???


A CHICAGO bears hat??? Weird man!


Had to have lost a bet!
It was either wear the hat or a sun dress.... myself I would wear the dress.
If it was a Packer hat I'd rather walk around completely naked.

marstc09
05-02-2008, 06:37 PM
I am sure he is happy. I would not want to be a every down back in the NFL. Plus he is on an up and coming team about to win a Super Bowl.
;D

Jereamiah
05-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Well, the two back system is in full swing in the league, so, where else would he rather be? Blending two threads, the 'Vikes are a playoff team and the guy is a millionaire. Whats to be upset about?
;D

PacNWVike
05-02-2008, 06:41 PM
"NordicNed" wrote:


I would bet my house, that if you asked CT if he was happy or not,
he'd be laughing to hard to answer you....




He's a great player with a great situation on hand and loving life I bet...




Personaly,
I really like him as a player and he is at the top of my list when it comes to Vikings Players I like.






GO CT.





And I still remember all the nay sayers when we signed him....Shame on you all... ;D


Ned, I lived in the PI (Clark Air Base) from 89 -91 when Mt Pinatubo did it's thing!

Marrdro
05-02-2008, 07:11 PM
"Jereamiah" wrote:


Well, the two back system is in full swing in the league, so, where else would he rather be? Blending two threads, the 'Vikes are a playoff team and the guy is a millionaire. Whats to be upset about?
;D


Couldn't have said it better myself.
;D

nailhead77
05-02-2008, 09:51 PM
"dcboardr41" wrote:


"PacNWVike" wrote:


Poor guy is #2 on one team, comes to the Vikes, performs well and voila', he's #2 again...


not a poor guy at all, i wish i had his career and salary

oh and on the CT note, i bowl, and i get a bowling magazine in the mail randomly, and he was in it, supposively hes not a bad bowler, but i was confused by him wearing a BEARS hat.
???



A bears hat.....are you sure........ a damn stinking ass bears hat.
i dont care what the bet was or any other excuses, id rather get kicked in the nuts than be caught in any damn bears gear.
i hope he gets cut!
>:(

Zeus
05-03-2008, 11:17 AM
"PacNWVike" wrote:


Poor guy is #2 on one team, comes to the Vikes, performs well and voila', he's #2 again...


As he collects his millions, I hope he is satisfied to be on a team that is going the right direction.

=Z=

hx38596
05-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Jealous–adjective
1. feeling resentment against someone because of that person's rivalry, success, or advantages (often fol. by of): He was jealous of his rich brother.
2. feeling resentment because of another's success, advantage, etc. (often fol. by of): He was jealous of his brother's wealth.



Heart full of envious hate.
You can see it in his eyes and actions.
Murderous and traitorous aspirations occupy his thoughts daily.
Secretly he was happy with glee after AD went down in the Packer game.
"blown knee, blown knee, oh dear baby Jesus let him have a blown knee."

Anger... envy... his nightly demons.
Jeering... taunting...
eating at his insides like battery acid.
"Each accolade, each award he garners, further displays my own inadequacies..."
So sad, so sad

Vikes_King
05-03-2008, 09:19 PM
"hx38596" wrote:



Jealous–adjective
1. feeling resentment against someone because of that person's rivalry, success, or advantages (often fol. by of): He was jealous of his rich brother.
2. feeling resentment because of another's success, advantage, etc. (often fol. by of): He was jealous of his brother's wealth.



Heart full of envious hate.
You can see it in his eyes and actions.
Murderous and traitorous aspirations occupy his thoughts daily.
Secretly he was happy with glee after AD went down in the Packer game.
"blown knee, blown knee, oh dear baby Jesus let him have a blown knee."

Anger... envy... his nightly demons.
Jeering... taunting...
eating at his insides like battery acid.
"Each accolade, each award he garners, further displays my own inadequacies..."
So sad, so sad


dude, thats dark lol.

yet we all know, he may be "happy" to an extent with the fact that he's still highly respected and valued on our team, gets a nice pay check, and gets plenty of reps, thats not enough for him at times.
And if you were him, you would feel the same way (if you say any different you're full of shit).
And the only reason i say that, is because he's a professional football player.
Every player on the team wants to be the #1, wants to start, they're competitive by nature and want to be the best.
Which is completely understanding, he may be content with his role with the #2 spot, but definitely would prefer to be the #1 guy.
Plus its got to be hard after playing a backup role for so long, coming to a team and being the #1 guy raking in over 1,200 yards, then having to step down.

digital420
05-05-2008, 04:12 AM
I really like CT. and as I would see it. there's the pro's con's of his current position.

Pro's
1.
He's part of the best rb tandem in the league
2. he could be part of history making rb tandem
3. he's body will only benefit from the tag team work he and AD will be doing
4. winning teams produce winning contracts.
5.
Viking fans / coaches have nothing but respect and enthusiasm for his play/work ethic

con's

1. he'll be regulated again as #2.
2. more news will come from AD then CT..
3. he'll always be the.. other back..



i'm sure with his $$, and the avalability to be the best tandem ever.. is a good recognition for his abilities as well as his attitude towards TEAM work instead of MY work.

DiGiTaL