PDA

View Full Version : Darrion Scott arrested

Garland Greene
04-30-2008, 08:32 PM
oh oh

http://ww3.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1565

Defensive lineman Darrion Scott, who spent the past four seasons with the Vikings and is currently a free agent, was arrested today in Eden Prairie for “probable cause felony assault,” according to press release issued by the Eden Prairie police department. He was arrested around 3:30 p.m. and a search warrant was being executed at his home. A spokeswoman for the Eden Prairie police department said no further information would be released today.

Pretty sure that this is a for sure sign he is not coming back

NordicNed
04-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Well GG,

I"de have to agree with you, sure doesn;'t look good for a possible come back...Bye
Bye.

The Dropper
04-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Oopsies. Probably not a good time to be assaulting someone when you're interviewing for new jobs. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

singersp
04-30-2008, 08:51 PM
"The" wrote:

Oopsies. Probably not a good time to be assaulting someone when you're interviewing for new jobs. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

??? On the way out of where?

Scott is a FA & hasn't been a Viking since February.
;)

Vikes_King
04-30-2008, 09:07 PM
sigh, some people never learn huh

DustinDupont
04-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Dumbass

KrackerJack
04-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Way to screw yourself over before getting a contract...that way atleast you'd get some garunteed cash....either way - stupid move...

VikingMike
04-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Wow, what is wrong with this guy? Some people will never learn...unbelievable!

Marrdro
04-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Whoda thunk that?
;D

Were is the crowd that wanted him back?

ejmat
04-30-2008, 09:43 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Whoda thunk that?

;D

That's what I would like to see.
Needless to say I'm not too surprised.

marstc09
04-30-2008, 09:53 PM
So much for his NFL career

Overlord
04-30-2008, 10:05 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Whoda thunk that?

;D

I was suggesting the Vikes could bring him back, at least before the Jared Allen trade.

Whoops.

But what kind of moron goes out and gets into trouble when they're looking for a new million dollar contract?
I stand by my appraisal of his skills, but I definately overestimated his character.

Hope he invested wisely with the money he made off his first contract.

The Dropper
04-30-2008, 10:18 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"The" wrote:

;)

Bah! I knew this. I mean, umm...don't let it hit your ass two months ago, err...nevermind.

The question is, because he was last on our team, do we still get turd points?

Garland Greene
04-30-2008, 10:53 PM
"The" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"The" wrote:

;)

Bah! I knew this. I mean, umm...don't let it hit your ass two months ago, err...nevermind.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/04/30/scott-arrested/

But the arrest doesn’t re-set the “Days without an Arrest” meter to zero, since Scott currently isn’t employed by an NFL team.

Whoever signs him before the currently pending charges are resolved will pick up seven points in Turd Watch II.

x-ray jeff
04-30-2008, 10:53 PM
"The" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"The" wrote:

Oopsies. Probably not a good time to be assaulting someone when you're interviewing for new jobs. Don't let the door hit your jiggly butt on the way out.

;)

Bah! I knew this. I mean, umm...don't let it hit your jiggly butt two months ago, err...nevermind.

I was thinking the Vikes should lose a turd point for cutting this guy loose.

DustinDupont
04-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Dont the Bengals need help on the D-line?

cogitans
05-01-2008, 04:38 AM
Good thing we did not resign him.

I guess the DUI or what it was, were no fluke accident.

Texanvike
05-01-2008, 06:12 AM
Pretty harsh comments from people who were overjoyed to get a player with equally questionable character.

PurpleTide
05-01-2008, 06:44 AM
Dang it. I kinda hoped we were gonna resign him. Not now, why do these guys put themselves in a position to make bad judgements. We really don't know what happened, but I'm sure it wasn't worth throwing away a future NFL contract and his Football future. The price of a education is steep, and I hope Darrion learned something here.

singersp
05-01-2008, 07:47 AM
Former Viking Darrion Scott arrested in assault (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/18436614.html)

By JUDD ZULGAD, Star Tribune
startribune.com

Last update: May 1, 2008 - 5:41 AM

Former Vikings defensive lineman Darrion Scott was arrested Wednesday by Eden Prairie police for "probable cause felony assault" and a search warrant was executed at his residence.....

Json
05-01-2008, 10:43 AM
retty harsh comments from people who were overjoyed to get a player with equally questionable character.

Allen drove drunk, Scott beats children.....I don't understand how the two are considered the same???
I get the base comparison in regards to both having DUI's but a DUI is not a felony and kicking the shit out of your kid is.
Huge difference IMO

NodakPaul
05-01-2008, 11:26 AM
"Texanvike" wrote:

Pretty harsh comments from people who were overjoyed to get a player with equally questionable character.

I actually don't put drinking problems on the same level as child abusers.
Plus, by all accounts Allen has stopped drinking
and hasn't had a drink in 18 months.

Pretty big difference there, don't you think?

mountainviking
05-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Give me a freakin break!
No comparison!!!
Once again, just like McKinnie, we have on one hand a repeat offender who seems to get worse and worse as the fuck ups pile up!
On the other hand, we have a guy who truly looks to have learned from his mistakes, has made the proper adjustments to his life (not drinking at all!) and is looking to restore class to his family name by working hard and succeeding on the field.

IMHO smoking pot or getting a DUI on the low end of the blood alcohol level limits without actually hurting anyone or anything is NOTHING compared to beating up random folks, your Wife, or god forbid, your children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That shit pisses me off!
>:(

WTF IS THE WORLD COMING TO?
Raping and Pillaging went out two turns of the century ago!

DustinDupont
05-01-2008, 06:06 PM
My dad was one of the cops that arrested Scott...

MaxVike
05-01-2008, 07:25 PM
"DustinDupont" wrote:

Woah!
I would guess your Dad could share things that would make our blood boil.
Good riddence to the schmuck, too bad about his ability to make decisions.
BuBye, nunight.......putz.

singersp
05-01-2008, 07:27 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Texanvike" wrote:

I actually don't put drinking problems on the same level as child abusers.
Plus, by all accounts Allen has stopped drinking
and hasn't had a drink in 18 months.

Pretty big difference there, don't you think?

I would certainly hope not.

ejmat
05-01-2008, 10:06 PM
"Texanvike" wrote:

Please tell me you are kidding, right?

KrackerJack
05-01-2008, 10:29 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

"Texanvike" wrote:

Please tell me you are kidding, right?

I sure as hell hope so, you can't even compair their character issues...stupid comment IMO...

As others have said before, DUIs aren't nearly as bad as child abuse....wow...

Purple Floyd
05-01-2008, 10:46 PM
He must be posturing for a spot with either the raiders or the bengals. This will get him 25 bonus points with either club.

singersp
05-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Lets put it this way. If you weigh 180 pounds & drink 4 beers in 2 hours at a tailgating party before a Viking game & then have 1 beer per quarter during the game you are probably legally drunk.

Marrdro
05-01-2008, 10:55 PM
My opinion for what its worth.......

Everyone deserves a second chance and in some instances a third chance, but for the ones that can't learn I have no sympathy for them.

Allen on the other hand appears to have figured out how to play the game we call society.
Sure he has some strikes against him but it would appear that for now (he could still let himself, his family and all of us down) he is willing to conform to the rules the rest of us try to live in.

Darrion on the other hand, knew his lively hood depended on his actions.
Guess what, with millions on the table he failed.
If he can't contain his actions for that kindof money, well, I think you get my point.

Very sad my friends, very sad indeed.
;D

DustinDupont
05-01-2008, 11:19 PM
"MaxVike" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

Woah!

yeah he could... he told me and its fucking messed up...

ejmat
05-02-2008, 07:07 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

My opinion for what its worth.......

Everyone deserves a second chance and in some instances a third chance, but for the ones that can't learn I have no sympathy for them.

Allen on the other hand appears to have figured out how to play the game we call society.
Sure he has some strikes against him but it would appear that for now (he could still let himself, his family and all of us down) he is willing to conform to the rules the rest of us try to live in.

Darrion on the other hand, knew his lively hood depended on his actions.
Guess what, with millions on the table he failed.
If he can't contain his actions for that kindof money, well, I think you get my point.

Very sad my friends, very sad indeed.
;D

I'm not going to say that I condone driving drunk.
I don't.
A lot of damage can be done to a llot of people so in a way it can be put in the same category.
The difference is Allen seems to be on the right track now.
Only time will tell if he stays there.
Here is the bottom line on Darrion Scott.
This is a guy that last pre-season expected the coaching staff to hand him the starting job.
This is a guy that was caught smoking MJ and expected the officer to let him do it becasue he is a football player.
Now he's arrested for beating children.

Do any of you see a pattern here regaring his character?
He seems to think the world owes him something and that he can break any law he wants to.
IMO he isn't that great to be testing his limit with anyone.
He's a good football player but that's about where it ends.
His actions tell me he has no heart for the game.

singersp
05-02-2008, 08:18 AM
Ex-Viking Scott remains in jail on assault charges (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/18452999.html)

startribune.com

Last update: May 1, 2008 - 12:41 PM

Former Vikings defensive lineman Darrion Scott remained in the Hennepin County jail this afternoon, a day after being arrested for "probable cause felony assault" at his Eden Prairie home....

singersp
05-02-2008, 08:23 AM
Statement from D. Scott agent (http://ww3.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1569)

May 1st, 2008 – 7:33 PM

by Kevin Seifert
startribune.com

Tim DiPiero, the agent for ex-Vikings DE Darrion Scott, issued a statement tonight in response to Scott’s arrest on three charges Wednesday in Eden Prairie. Most important, DiPiero said that Scott did not abuse the child involved in the case......

MaxVike
05-02-2008, 08:40 AM
"DustinDupont" wrote:

"MaxVike" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

Woah!

yeah he could... he told me and its fucking messed up...

Respect to your dad...don't know how they do it.
Red flags were all over Darrion; bad news for sure.

marshallvike
05-02-2008, 01:28 PM
"mountainviking" wrote:

Give me a freakin break!
No comparison!!!
Once again, just like McKinnie, we have on one hand a repeat offender who seems to get worse and worse as the floop ups pile up!
On the other hand, we have a guy who truly looks to have learned from his mistakes, has made the proper adjustments to his life (not drinking at all!) and is looking to restore class to his family name by working hard and succeeding on the field.

IMHO smoking pot or getting a DUI on the low end of the blood alcohol level limits without actually hurting anyone or anything is NOTHING compared to beating up random folks, your Wife, or god forbid, your children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That pooh pisses me off!

a repeat offender?
a misdemeaner arrest and a turning signal violation?

HOW WAS THIS GUY EVER ALLOWED TO WALK THE STREETS?

we all seem to be rushing to judgement. maybe some of you know more about what happened than i am privy to here in chicago, but what were the circumstances? did he spank his kid in a parking parking lot and someone called the police? was his, or another kid getting involved with gangs? or did he inexcusably beat the hell out of a kid for getting a bad grade or some other stupid reason?

WTF IS THE WORLD COMING TO?
Raping and Pillaging went out two turns of the century ago!

ejmat
05-02-2008, 10:06 PM
"singersp" wrote:

Ex-Viking Scott remains in jail on assault charges (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/18452999.html)

startribune.com

Last update: May 1, 2008 - 12:41 PM

Former Vikings defensive lineman Darrion Scott remained in the Hennepin County jail this afternoon, a day after being arrested for "probable cause felony assault" at his Eden Prairie home....

He probably asked the Warden if he knew who he is or if he had any weed.

jessejames09
05-06-2008, 07:12 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/05/06/troubling-details-emerge-regarding-scott-arrest/

According to various media reports, Scott allegedly was holding a bag over his young son’s head, tight against the boy’s neck.
The child is under four years old.

Scott’s explanation?
They were playing, and Scott wanted to see if the boy could get the bag off his head on his own.

Garland Greene
05-06-2008, 07:16 PM
http://ww3.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1579

Former Vikings DL Darrion Scott was formally charged today in conjunction with the child abuse case he was arrested for last week.

The charges:

* Assault in the third degree (felony)

* Domestic assault by strangulation (felony)

* Endangerment of a child (gross misdemeanor)

Damn Scott has issues,Personally I hope he burns in hell if he has done this. But I hope people remeber that a child has been a victim here and that he gets the help he needs

ejmat
05-06-2008, 09:24 PM
"Garland" wrote:

http://ww3.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1579

Former Vikings DL Darrion Scott was formally charged today in conjunction with the child abuse case he was arrested for last week.

The charges:

* Assault in the third degree (felony)

* Domestic assault by strangulation (felony)

* Endangerment of a child (gross misdemeanor)

Damn Scott has issues,Personally I hope he burns in hell if he has done this. But I hope people remeber that a child has been a victim here and that he gets the help he needs

You are correct here GG.
Hopefully that hild turns out okay.
At the same time I hope Sott pays for what he did and I hope the mother treats the child well and is capable of taking care of the child.
That is the most important thing.

capt.hrod
05-06-2008, 09:59 PM
MAY HE BURN IN HELL!! My prayers are with the child. >:(

DustinDupont
05-07-2008, 12:31 AM
yeah he is a dbag

MaxVike
05-07-2008, 01:48 PM
"DustinDupont" wrote:

yeah he is a dbag

Wow Dustin...as you indicated, f'ed up.
This man needs to be locked up for good.
Can't even imagine how this went down; what a complete tragedy; beating on a 2-year old son.
But wait officer, I just put it on his head to see if he could get it off
>:( >:( >:(, yeah, so you're disturbed AND stupid.
Prayers for the child...get him outa there now.

thatvikingGroove
05-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Ugh. He's the worst kind of human being.

DustinDupont
05-07-2008, 02:10 PM
"MaxVike" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

yeah he is a dbag

Wow Dustin...as you indicated, f'ed up.
This man needs to be locked up for good.
Can't even imagine how this went down; what a complete tragedy; beating on a 2-year old son.
But wait officer, I just put it on his head to see if he could get it off
>:( >:( >:(, yeah, so you're disturbed AND stupid.
Prayers for the child...get him outa there now.

yeah and i guess that there are burn marks all over the baby too

cajunvike
05-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Sounds like classic signs of child abuse to me...get that kid out of there now...and make sure that Scott doesn't have access to him at anytime in the future.
As for Scott himself, IF he is actually guilty of the alleged child abuse, I hope that they throw the book at him.
However, if he is not guilty of these accusations, I hope that he still recognizes that his behavior was not that of a good parent.
Trying to put a plastic bag over his child's head is just irresponsible and calling it playing is just pathetic.

NodakPaul
05-07-2008, 02:30 PM
"singersp" wrote:

Lets put it this way. If you weigh 180 pounds & drink 4 beers in 2 hours at a tailgating party before a Viking game & then have 1 beer per quarter during the game you are probably legally drunk.

Which is why I never drive home after Vikings games.
Because I easily have that much...
(Although no beer in the 4th!)

DustinDupont
05-08-2008, 12:37 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Which is why I never drive home after Vikings games.
Because I easily have that much...
(Although no beer in the 4th!)

Thats y you get one at last call

VikingMike
07-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Ex-Vikings player admits endangering 2-year-old (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArB7_xT_lBiP1gz9OEHZfIdDubYF?slug=ap-vikings-scott-charged&prov=ap&type=lgns)

MINNEAPOLIS (AP)—Former Minnesota Vikings defensive lineman Darrion Scott pleaded guilty Monday to child endangerment for putting a plastic bag over the head of his 2-year-old son.

Marrdro
07-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Are you fricken kidding me.
What the hell is wrong with this guy?

I suppose all of you that liked his production still advocate keeping a yutz like this on the team.

DAMN.

Purple Floyd
07-08-2008, 10:39 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

I suppose all of you that liked his production still advocate keeping a yutz like this on the team.

DAMN.

Do you seriously believe that anybody on here would be defending him for what he did? I hope this was the sarcastic marr kicking in. ;)

Marrdro
07-08-2008, 10:43 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

gol 'darnit.

Do you seriously believe that anybody on here would be defending him for what he did? I hope this was the sarcastic marr kicking in. ;)

Nope, there were several on here who wanted to keep him.
I am wondering if they still feel that way.

Amazes me sometimes what people are willing to overlook when it comes to a sports figure (especially a talented one) and thier off field behavior.
Granted Scott isn't that good, however, I would even want AD gone if he was of this ilk.

jargomcfargo
07-08-2008, 10:49 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

gol 'darnit.

Amazes me sometimes what people are willing to overlook when it comes to a sports figure (especially a talented one) and thier off field behavior.
Granted Scott isn't that good, however, I would even want AD gone if he was of this ilk.

I wanted to keep him. That was before he revealed he was a POS.

Marrdro
07-08-2008, 10:50 AM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

I wanted to keep him. That was before he revealed he was a POS. Now I just wonder how he would look with a plastic bag over his head! >:(

Adequately articulated my friend.

C Mac D
07-08-2008, 10:54 AM
You'd think the Millions of dollars these guys earn would deter them from getting involved in criminal activity...

jargomcfargo
07-08-2008, 10:55 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

I wanted to keep him. That was before he revealed he was a POS. Now I just wonder how he would look with a plastic bag over his head! >:(

Adequately articulated my friend.

Guess I didn't edit quick enough!
;D

Purple Floyd
07-08-2008, 10:55 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

gol 'darnit.

OK, but you have to admit it is a hell of a stretch to think that people who might not have a problem with a DUI would also not have a problem with the latter offense. I don't thing many people would see the two offenses in the same light.

Marrdro
07-08-2008, 10:57 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

gol 'darnit.

OK, but you have to admit it is a hell of a stretch to think that people who might not have a problem with a DUI would also not have a problem with the latter offense. I don't thing many people would see the two offenses in the same light.

Excellent point my friend.

ejmat
07-08-2008, 11:17 AM
This guy is an idiot plain and simple.
First he expected the coiaches to hand him a starting position.
Second he gets caught with MJ and expects the authorities to let him go becasue he is an NFL player.
Now this.
Live a happy rest of your life out of the NFL IDIOT!