PDA

View Full Version : Pissed off by Tice's, Hovan's etc. comments.

Hooversham
12-30-2004, 01:01 PM
This is my first post on this site. I've been lurking for a while but I heard something on the radio today that just chapped my butt and I have to write about it.

Am I the only one that gets extremely annoyed by team coaches and players telling the fans and local media to stop all the "bandwagoning" and to start liking a different team if they need to complain about the vikings so much? It just boils my blood.

I don't know about the majority of people on this site, but I am 26 years old and I've been a fan for all 26 years. I was wearing Vikings "onesies" before I was old enough to know better. I was indoctrinated by my family. I had no choice. And I've suffered through misery as a fan that is perhaps only rivaled by the Chicago cubs or Buffalo Bills when it comes to dissapointment. AND I"M STILL A FAN. AND I ALWAYS WILL BE. VIkings fans know what I'm writing about because they swear off the team each and every week but they still watch and cheer the next week. Who is Mike Tice or any other player, for that matter, to tell me how and when I can start to get disgusted.

This team is blessed with so much talent and it has been for a few years now. That does not happen all that often in Viking Fandom. And I think fans around the country realize that FINALLY, they have something that might pay off. They are really upset about how the current situation is panning out. We have EARNED the right to complain about this team's lack of competitive drive. We have EARNED the right to question the franchise players' motives when they take plays off. We have EARNED the right to question our coaches when they make, what seem to be, hairbrain decisions that even Monday morning quarterbacks like myself would shy away from. We have EARNED the right to bitch about an owner that would spend more money landscaping his Texas home, than he would on a team with so much promise. And I don't need to listen to Mike Tice and Chris Hovan when they tell me I'm an idiot, or that I'm "bandwagon" for the thinking this way.

Hovan has been in the lineup for what, 3 years. Tice has been the coach for less than 3 years. Well you know what, I've been cheering relentlessly, with no justification, for over 20. I will ALWAYS cheer for this team... long after Tice, Hovan and McCombs are gone. They are not the fans. WE ARE THE FANS. And our frustration is what they SHOULD hear.

Sorry for the rant. Nice to be a part of this community. PS What the hell is with all the Packer fans on this site. Don't they have their own site?

:occasion5:

TheAnimal93
12-30-2004, 01:26 PM
welcome hoover!
i hear ya bro! what the heck makes these guys think that THEY have all the answers? and if they do, why arent they any better? last time i checked it was OUR duty to cheer, cry, complain, moan, be outraged, etc. last time i checked if we didnt express interest bad or good there wouldnt be a league!!! i guess that we have thin skinned coaches and players. cant stand the heat get out the kitchen.

packmanxxxi
12-30-2004, 01:51 PM
You are absolutly right!!!!

This is the one difference between the organizations. The Packers embrace ALL fans. The Vikings SEEM to want only those diehards who will never say anything negative.

There are loyal Viking fans who DESERVE the right to bitch. They should be raising hell over this season. They should be screaming for Tice's head for such comments. The ONLY reason these guys are there is because of fans like on this site.

You have my sympathies. It is a sad situation.

MN_Jet_Fan
12-30-2004, 02:13 PM
Hovan can't say a thing. Boy, I wish I could get paid good money and do nothing for it.

TheMaineViking
12-30-2004, 03:17 PM
From what I've heard on TV and radio which isn't as much as others of you Tice seems to disrespect the fans a lot. I have also heard similar comments from a few players.

I can understand Tice getting pissed at the media, those vulchers never quit asking stupid questions. But the fans? Come on, we are the ones who allow them to play this game.

SKOL
12-30-2004, 03:33 PM
Yeah he's a little fickle when it comes to loyalty to the fans. He's the first to praise us when it comes to vocally supporting the team at home games, but he's very quick to turn on us if he gets a little peaved.

so-cal vike
12-30-2004, 05:47 PM
It just goes to show what kind of a person Tice really is. Sure the players love him, he let's them mope around the field every sunday. Who cares if they don't win? At least they are getting paid. Red loves him cause he'll work for nothing, even though he shouldn't be anywhere near an NFL game. Purple Pride seems to be flowing everywhere except where it counts, in the Vikings organization.

I love this team and I love this franchise, but it's time to clean house. Starting with Red. Go back to Texas you cheap son-of-a-b****!

sdvikefan
12-30-2004, 06:30 PM
"so-cal vike" wrote:

Go back to Texas you cheap son-of-a-b****!

Just for one Sunday (ok maybe more) I'd like to see this sentence on every single fan poster and sign in the Metrodome.

cajunvike
12-30-2004, 07:03 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

You are absolutly right!!!!

There are loyal Viking fans who DESERVE the right to beeyatch. They should be raising hell over this season. They should be screaming for Tice's head for such comments. The ONLY reason these guys are there is because of fans like on this site.

You have my sympathies. It is a sad situation.

Now that looks much better..since nothing in Hooversham's post pertained to the Packers, the comparison was totally unnecessary and superfluous. :twisted:

ultravikingfan
12-30-2004, 07:08 PM
Is there an article on this I can read?

bleedpurple
12-30-2004, 07:25 PM
Tice is just mad because he doesn't like the criticism...to some point I can sympathise with him...the skimpy budget and the low pay...BUT

The fans see right through everything....WE are the ultimate football fans and although may not know the plays or schemes..we know a suck defense when we see one...we know a bad coach when we see one....and we also can say we should run the ball more or pass a little less or blitz more....

The fact of the matter is that if they were winning or living up to their potential we wouldn't complain but we are underachieving and that's what pisses off everyone...I don't care how hard their working the not living up to their potential which means they are not working smart....!!!!

and that gives fans the right to say whatever they want....

parsongeorge
12-30-2004, 07:43 PM
I would say that generally most of the vikings aren't living up to their potential on the field, there are however exceptions. I think Culpepper gives it his all every time he goes out there, and obviously, Randy Moss doesn't. I think Robinson dogs it alot, but Burleson plays hard. I think all the offensive FALSE STARTS are killing us. If the Vikes dont remove their heads from their asses they will lose to washington this weekend and maybe be out of the playoffs. Actually, if they dont beat washington, they dont deserve the playoffs..To hell with backing in.

LosAngelis
12-30-2004, 07:49 PM
I've told you guys before that Tice is just not cut out to be a successful coach. He's getting ticked at fans? Come on. The Packers have had fans boo them twice at home this year, and you just have to suck it up as a coach and use it as motivation to put a better product on the field.

Not that I condone booing the home team in the least.

Quite a way to celebrate your contract extension and 33% raise. I sure could use a 33% raise. Anyone else?

muchluv4smoot
12-30-2004, 08:13 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

I've told you guys before that Tice is just not cut out to be a successful coach. He's getting ticked at fans? Come on. The Packers have had fans boo them twice at home this year, and you just have to suck it up as a coach and use it as motivation to put a better product on the field.

Not that I condone booing the home team in the least.

Quite a way to celebrate your contract extension and 33% raise. I sure could use a 33% raise. Anyone else?

This is one area, me and LA agree 100%.

I just don't understand how Tice still has so many people in his corner?? Just because the players like him? I could care less if the players like our coach, I want a coach that the players win games under, and that certainly isn't tice. If we win 11,12, or 13 games and our players hate our coach, I would be much happier than if we win 8 or 9 games and our players like our coach. What else has Tice done? Underacheive? Yep. Continue to make our largely talented team average? Yep. Improved our D like he said we was gonna do 3 years ago? Nope. Got us to the playoffs in his 2nd year and a super bowl contender in his 3rd, like he said he was gonna do when he took over? Nope. I am just baffeled at all the supporters of tice.

LosAngelis
12-30-2004, 09:53 PM
I'm gonna scare you right now:

Packers vs. Vikings (talent)

QB - Culpepper's an MVP candidate right now. Adv. Vikings
RB - Green's been hot and cold this year. Usually, whoever the Vikings put back there is successful. Slight adv., Vikes
WR - I love the Packer WR's, but Moss is tops in talent and Burleson is a year behind Walker. Adv. Vikes.
TE - push for now, but Vikes have more depth.
OL - slight adv. Packers
DL - based on pure talent, probably a push
LB - Claiborne and Henderson top Barnett and Diggs by a slight margin.
DB - Both suck, so push
K - Pack
P - Vikes

Now, based on PURE TALENT, the Vikes exceed what the Packers have. This is absolutely ridiculous that Tice has any support. He is frittering away years from Culpepper's and Moss's careers, and chances at championships.

As Packer fans, we couldn't be happier that Tice is still in charge.

briboy75
12-30-2004, 11:24 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

RB - Green's been hot and cold this year. Usually, whoever the Vikings put back there is successful. Slight adv., Vikes
WR - I love the Packer WR's, but Moss is tops in talent and Burleson is a year behind Walker. Adv. Vikes.
OL - slight adv. Packers
DB - Both suck, so push
K - Pack
P - Vikes

Now, based on PURE TALENT, the Vikes exceed what the Packers have. This is absolutely ridiculous that Tice has any support. He is frittering away years from Culpepper's and Moss's careers, and chances at championships.

I agree with everything you said

sdvikefan
12-31-2004, 02:08 AM
Red McCombs has no business being involved in pro football. A one-year extension of Tice benefits no one but his own cheap self. That's really all it comes down to. And until we are rid of McCombs, nothing will really change in this organization.

Packerguy
12-31-2004, 06:25 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

OL - slight adv. Packers
DB - Both suck, so push
K - Pack
P - Vikes

What?? I strongly disagree with u on some of your points

I agree advantage culpepper

I strongly disagree with your rb take. Ill take ahman and davenport over most rbs in the league including anyone the vikings can throw out there. ahman is a bit banged up but when healthy neither bennet, onterrio or mewelde can touch him

Offensive line is a push depending on who is more healthy

Moss is the best wr in the league but the combo of walker driver makes this a push at this point. You also have to take into account wtf is moss doing if he is supposedly healthy and jogging around on half of the plays

dl advantage vikings. they get more production as far as pass rush and they have two very good up and comers.

linebackers- advantage packers. Diggs is the best from either side with henderson and barnett having talent but underachieveing thus far. Barnett has performed very well at times however but then gets lost

dbs is a push based on the fact that both have just given up a ton of yards this year. I would be inclined to give adv to packers just because the vikings have a better pass rush.

i agree with your special teams take

CVGVIKE
12-31-2004, 10:32 AM
"MN_Jet_Fan" wrote:

Hovan can't say a thing. Boy, I wish I could get paid good money and do nothing for it.

Hope your Jets beat the Rams this Sunday...we may need that to happen to get in the playoffs. As for Hovan, I would be very surprised to see him as a Viking next season. And if the Vikings don't make the playoffs, the media and fans should give him and Linehan hell. It was total BS that Red gave him a one year extension and a 33% raise before knowing if the team is playoff bound!

LosAngelis
12-31-2004, 10:34 AM
"Packerguy" wrote:

What?? I strongly disagree with u on some of your points

I agree advantage culpepper

I strongly disagree with your rb take. Ill take ahman and davenport over most rbs in the league including anyone the vikings can throw out there. ahman is a bit banged up but when healthy neither bennet, onterrio or mewelde can touch him

Offensive line is a push depending on who is more healthy

Moss is the best wr in the league but the combo of walker driver makes this a push at this point. You also have to take into account wtf is moss doing if he is supposedly healthy and jogging around on half of the plays

dl advantage vikings. they get more production as far as pass rush and they have two very good up and comers.

linebackers- advantage packers. Diggs is the best from either side with henderson and barnett having talent but underachieveing thus far. Barnett has performed very well at times however but then gets lost

dbs is a push based on the fact that both have just given up a ton of yards this year. I would be inclined to give adv to packers just because the vikings have a better pass rush.

i agree with your special teams take

Well, I might have to agree with you on the RB, though the Vikings have a lot of pure talent. Ahman Green, though, might be starting his old man slide, and Davenport has too many injuries. But Ontarrio is tough, Bennett burned the heck out of us last week (though I think I could burn the Packer run defense), etc. However, is this a sign of talented RBs or a talented OL?

WR's is where the debate is. I sustain the Vikings have more talent. Remember..that's my point, not how well it is used. I think the Packers work to their potential more, but Moss in and of himself tops the pure talent debate. Whether he uses it week in and week out, or play in and play out, isn't a part of talent.

LB's I may still fight with you on. Claiborne is tough, and Henderson is a very talented young player. Diggs is above average, and Barnett is very good, but Navies is just holding a spot right now. Again, in the battle of pure talent, I think the slight advantage may go to the Vikes.

purplepat
12-31-2004, 11:20 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

OL - slight adv. Packers
DB - Both suck, so push
K - Pack
P - Vikes

I'll scare you right now. At RB, I'd call it a push. Davenport and Fisher have produced when called upon (and healthy). I haven't seen the Vikings LB produce anything much at all this year, at best it is a push and possibly a slight advantage for the Packers.

I'll agree that offensively, the Vikings have awesome talent. To be fair, injuries to the OL (primarily Kleinsasser) have adversely impacted the offense somewhat this year. The offense really isn't the problem; the defense is. I believe that if the Vikings had even an average defense, they would be at least 11-4 right now. I can't say that the Vikings haven't tried to improve the defense. I think they have, but face it, any rookie or free agent you sign is still a crapshoot. The Eagles came up sevens on Kearse and Trotter (though Trotter was still hurt for half the year); others like Marcellus Wiley, Hugh Douglas and Ian Gold largely crapped out. The Vikings hired a DC with a reputation for building good defense; whether the defenses failings are a result of his schemes, his players and their lack of talent/skill/knowledge, or some combination of the two, are anyones guess.

Surely, Tice could take a "kinder and gentler" attitude towards Vikings fans who expect the world and expect it now. An adversarial tone is not going to win him any friends. Likewise, fans can't expect Tice to take a fan poll before he makes any decision on or off the field. As was seen last season in Oakland, I don't think Tice ripping his players or coaches in the public or press is a good thing to do either. I'm sure Tice is fully aware that there are massive shortcomings on this team in several areas. If he could wave a magic wand and make them disappear tomorrow, he would. As it is, he and Vikings fans will have to suffer through some growing pains, make changes as the need/opportunity presents, and improve the team incrementally. I would venture to guess that a return to full health, along with dramatically improved play in two positions on defense (one LB, one S) could improve the team enough next year to win the NFC North easily. I don't think the team's failures this season are because of poor decision making or lack of leadership by Tice.

Don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed in the Vikings record this season, and by the play of the defense in particular. That said, the Vikings glass is far from half empty. It is much closer to overflowing.

Caine
12-31-2004, 12:28 PM
My take (As a Viking fan in Wisconsin)

QB: Culpepper is a better QB right now, but Favre is still Favre - slight advantage Vikes.

RB: Ahman Green fumbles too often, and the Vikes are too deep here. Advantage Vikes.

WR: Driver drops a lot of passes, Fergusson hasn't performed as expected - Walker is the bright spot there. Moss is still Moss, Burleson is on a tear, and Campbell and Robinson occassionally show up. Advantage Vikes (Depth)

TE: Kleinsasser (When healthy) and Wiggins...'nuff said. Advantage Vikes.

OL: Push. Both are talented. Slight advantage Vikes as we get Rosenthal back to solidify the situation NEXT YEAR.

DL: A healthy Grady Jackson is the ONLY bright spot on the Packer front 4. Meanwhile Williams and Udeze are getting a nice rythym going...if only we had two more. Healthy it's a push...minus Jackson, advantage Minnesota.

LB: Slight advantage Packers. They get more consistant play from the position, and that has been the GLARING hole in the Vikes "D".

DB: Winfield over Harris (By a LOT), Sharper over Russell (Although Sharper is aging)..the rest are a wash. Push.

K: Green Bay
P: Push

Offensive Play Calling: Green Bay
Defensive PLay calling: Green Bay
Front Office: Green Bay

Best looking and most intelligent fans: MINNESOTA (By a MILE)

So, as you can see, I view the Vikes as the better team ON PAPER. The swing factor comes from coaching and front office. Minnesota has a ways to go in those departments.

Caine

Vikings Fan At MSU
12-31-2004, 02:26 PM
Vikings Fans are doing there part..........i hate that it seems like their are more packer fans then Vikings fans in MN sometimes but when your in the dome and 60000 vikings fans are there with you there isnt anything to do but scream for MOSSY..........The Packer ambassader is correct on talent scale for the vikes versus pack....we should be winning more then the pack.......we get out coached all the time.

Vikings Fan At MSU
12-31-2004, 02:32 PM
For everyone to hear THE GREEN BAY O LINE IS MUCH BETTER THE VIKES.............before the eagles pack game favre had only been sacked 5 times all year then he got sacked five times in that game now the green bay sack total is at 14 total sacks..............Dante has been sacked 42 times this year adavantage huge to GB............look at how many times Dante eludes sacks too

Sorry guys huge advantage GREEN BAY

Vikestand
12-31-2004, 03:08 PM
Packman is the jackass of the boards....

dan3ski
12-31-2004, 07:11 PM
Well it looks like we fans are on Tice's list....hmmmmmmmm naughty or nice......naughty!

Welcome to Tice's DOG HOUSE!

Packerguy
12-31-2004, 11:02 PM
"Vikings Fan At MSU" wrote:

For everyone to hear THE GREEN BAY O LINE IS MUCH BETTER THE VIKES.............before the eagles pack game favre had only been sacked 5 times all year then he got sacked five times in that game now the green bay sack total is at 14 total sacks..............Dante has been sacked 42 times this year adavantage huge to GB............look at how many times Dante eludes sacks too

Sorry guys huge advantage GREEN BAY

good debate and point taken

One could argue that culpepper tends to hold and is more willing to hold the ball longer than favre. I think this is a fact but again its just my opinion. That would lead to more sacks of culpepper obviously.

Also pass blocking is only 1/2 of the equation as far as o- lines are concerned. Run blocking is a big part of it. The vikings have a pretty darn good yards per carry avg if I remember correctly. Losing flanagan hurt the packers alot but I know the vikings have had injuries there also. Thats why I said push. Either way both O-lines are good lines.

bleedpurple
01-01-2005, 05:08 PM
Favre makes the packers receives good....you can stick anybody in there and Favre will make them good...

pepp has more talent than favre but Favre's intangibles are better....

and the wr's? is that even a comparison.....Minnesota's receivers by FAR are better than the Packers....it's not even close

Packerguy
01-01-2005, 11:32 PM
"bleedpurple" wrote:

Favre makes the packers receives good....you can stick anybody in there and Favre will make them good...

pepp has more talent than favre but Favre's intangibles are better....

and the wr's? is that even a comparison.....Minnesota's receivers by FAR are better than the Packers....it's not even close

I definitely disagree with u here. U cannot throw just anyone in at wr for the packers and say that they will have success. IF that was true why didnt walker and driver have 1000yard seasons last year? Ill tell u why

1. This is Walkers 3rd season. As we all know most wrs take 3 seasons(except for moss) to get into the groove and have breakout years. Walker is a much better reciever now than he was his first two season and he almost never drops anything.

2.Driver wasnt the same last year after his scary neck injury and never played well. HE has been the man down the stretch this year. The recievers are playing better so they are getting the ball. If they werent then u would see favre revert back to dumping it too ahman and franks and henderson all the time as the did a few years ago.

Finally, I am not going to argue with u about moss. He is the best hands down. But he can be shut down at times also.

If u think I wouldnt take driver and walker over the rest of the viking recievers your mistaken. I would. So with that being said, If that makes the viking recievers way better than the packers so be it. I just dont see it or agree.

PacNWVike
01-02-2005, 12:12 AM
"SKOL" wrote:

Yeah he's a little fickle when it comes to loyalty to the fans. He's the first to praise us when it comes to vocally supporting the team at home games, but he's very quick to turn on us if he gets a little peaved.

I think Tice may be too focused on his job and then gets defensive when the fans question his efforts. I'm sure he's doing the best he can with what he has, and yes, he and his assistants make mistakes. But on the whole, I believe a few more of our players need to step up and do the job. On the other hand, he's paid a lot of money (well, maybe not by NFL coach scale) to do the job and take the heat, so he should show some compassion to the fans for getting pissed. As far as the media... screw them. A bunch of moronic imbeciles who pray upon others misfortunes...

Vikings Fan At MSU
01-02-2005, 12:41 AM
Packerguy Andre Johson is good this is only his second year i would take him over Burleson any day of the week..... Johnson has over 1000 yards this year and he almost had over 1000 last year too. He is much like TO if you need a comparison......Another guy thats a rookie is Micheal Clayton he will have more then 80 catches this year and already is over 1000 yards recieving see it doesnt take more then three years to develope a reciever

Packerguy
01-02-2005, 12:50 AM
"Vikings Fan At MSU" wrote:

Packerguy Andre Johson is good this is only his second year i would take him over Burleson any day of the week..... Johnson has over 1000 yards this year and he almost had over 1000 last year too. He is much like TO if you need a comparison......Another guy thats a rookie is Micheal Clayton he will have more then 80 catches this year and already is over 1000 yards recieving see it doesnt take more then three years to develope a reciever

NO its no set rule but history is definitely on my side of this debate and its not even arguable.

Until moss went over a thousand yards in his rookie year only terry glenn did so before that in the history of the nfl. I know all about m. clayton, i had him on my fantasy football team. Your argument thus far in history is definitely the exception and not the rule.

ps and a. boldin did it last year. but like I said its the exception not the rule. Historically (ask any so called expert) the 3rd year tends to be a make or break season for talented wrs. ITs their coming out party so to speak

snowinapril
01-02-2005, 01:12 AM
"CVGVIKE" wrote:

"MN_Jet_Fan" wrote:

Hope your Jets beat the Rams this Sunday...we may need that to happen to get in the playoffs. As for Hovan, I would be very surprised to see him as a Viking next season. And if the Vikings don't make the playoffs, the media and fans should give him and Linehan hell. It was total BS that Red gave him a one year extension and a 33% raise before knowing if the team is playoff bound!

Just because he gave him a contract extension doesn't mean he won't fire him. Secure a coach for peanuts and give him walking papers if you find someone else that would work out better.

snowinapril
01-02-2005, 01:16 AM
"Hooversham" wrote:

This is my first post on this site. I've been lurking for a while but I heard something on the radio today that just chapped my butt and I have to write about it.

Am I the only one that gets extremely annoyed by team coaches and players telling the fans and local media to stop all the "bandwagoning" and to start liking a different team if they need to complain about the vikings so much? It just boils my blood.

I don't know about the majority of people on this site, but I am 26 years old and I've been a fan for all 26 years. I was wearing Vikings "onesies" before I was old enough to know better. I was indoctrinated by my family. I had no choice. And I've suffered through misery as a fan that is perhaps only rivaled by the Chicago cubs or Buffalo Bills when it comes to dissapointment. AND I"M STILL A FAN. AND I ALWAYS WILL BE. VIkings fans know what I'm writing about because they swear off the team each and every week but they still watch and cheer the next week. Who is Mike Tice or any other player, for that matter, to tell me how and when I can start to get disgusted.

This team is blessed with so much talent and it has been for a few years now. That does not happen all that often in Viking Fandom. And I think fans around the country realize that FINALLY, they have something that might pay off. They are really upset about how the current situation is panning out. We have EARNED the right to complain about this team's lack of competitive drive. We have EARNED the right to question the franchise players' motives when they take plays off. We have EARNED the right to question our coaches when they make, what seem to be, hairbrain decisions that even Monday morning quarterbacks like myself would shy away from. We have EARNED the right to beeyatch about an owner that would spend more money landscaping his Texas home, than he would on a team with so much promise. And I don't need to listen to Mike Tice and Chris Hovan when they tell me I'm an idiot, or that I'm "bandwagon" for the thinking this way.

Hovan has been in the lineup for what, 3 years. Tice has been the coach for less than 3 years. Well you know what, I've been cheering relentlessly, with no justification, for over 20. I will ALWAYS cheer for this team... long after Tice, Hovan and McCombs are gone. They are not the fans. WE ARE THE FANS. And our frustration is what they SHOULD hear.

Sorry for the rant. Nice to be a part of this community. PS What the hell is with all the Packer fans on this site. Don't they have their own site?

:occasion5:

I totally agree, we have earned the right. By the way, I am seven year your senior in Viking fandom. I totally understand your (our) pain. We have so underachieved the last 5 years it is not funny anymore. I don't want to sound like a cry baby and I don't want pity. I just want to win.

We have earned the right!

Tice is an idiot but he is OUR idiot.

They just need to suck it up. Seems to me neither Hovan or Tice have any solutions for their own problems and are trying to blame someone else to take all the EYES :twisted: off of them.

UTVikfan
01-02-2005, 03:02 AM
You know, either your a fan, or your not. Last year, I met someone from MN, in Applebee's, I told him the Vikes lost, and all he could do is bitch about Culpepper. It wasn't Pep that lost that game. Ummm, you do remember who Culpepper is right? Yah, that guy all you bandwagoner's and MN folks were booing last year. Oh wait, you all DO remember the favorite topic of last year right? That was replacing Pep with Ferrotte (who btw, I just LOVE as a backup, and knows his job---any questions, refer to Philly's game last Monday). Now its Tice ya'll jumping on. Is this gonna pan out the same and be the joke of the boards next year? I am a fair weather Utah Jazz fan. NBA basketball really isn't my thing. I understand the fairweather bit. I do not respect it. I am, however a Vikings FAN. No fairweather in there. I think, ya'll just don't appreciate what ya got back there.

UTVikfan
01-02-2005, 03:06 AM
Bah, forgot why I even started typing there. Hooversham, glad you have joined us on the boards, and came out smokin'. I am glad a topic finally touched you enough to post. Fun group on the boards, and I am glad your one of us now.

vikinggreg
01-02-2005, 02:04 PM
Tice should have this team fired up for this game but he can't get it done.
This goes back to the Giants earlier and Tice couldn't get them going then.
This team has to many good players to be this flat.
Les Steckle was the worst vikes coach I've ever seen, BUT Tice is setting up for the pass in turn four.

PacNWVike
01-02-2005, 04:59 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

Tice should have this team fired up for this game but he can't get it done.
This goes back to the Giants earlier and Tice couldn't get them going then.
This team has to many good players to be this flat.
Les Steckle was the worst vikes coach I've ever seen, BUT Tice is setting up for the pass in turn four.

That Washington game was an absolute mess. Did you see the players faces on the sidelines? Talk about flat!?! They were dead. What the hell is going on???? And Moss goes into the locker room before the game is over. I think he's sick of losing. Tice may get fired yet...

XTAP59
01-02-2005, 05:28 PM
"UTVikfan" wrote:

You know, either your a fan, or your not. Last year, I met someone from MN, in Applebee's, I told him the Vikes lost, and all he could do is beeyatch about Culpepper. It wasn't Pep that lost that game. Ummm, you do remember who Culpepper is right? Yah, that guy all you bandwagoner's and MN folks were booing last year. Oh wait, you all DO remember the favorite topic of last year right? That was replacing Pep with Ferrotte (who btw, I just LOVE as a backup, and knows his job---any questions, refer to Philly's game last Monday). Now its Tice ya'll jumping on. Is this gonna pan out the same and be the joke of the boards next year? I am a fair weather Utah Jazz fan. NBA basketball really isn't my thing. I understand the fairweather bit. I do not respect it. I am, however a Vikings FAN. No fairweather in there. I think, ya'll just don't appreciate what ya got back there.

You know, I've commented on this yopic several times now. But here goes again. I am a Viking fan. That gives me the right to cheer on the team all season, all off season, and all preseason. It also gives me the right to praise the play of the players and the coaches. Even the owner Red Mccombs is not off topic. I can also criticize their play as well. I believe it makes us all better fans when we ask the questions, good and bad about the team. If not, we would all be just a flock of sheep content that the good shepard is the best there is.

Well, I am the wolf of the flock. I want accountability from the players and coaches. Afteral, it is we, the fans who pay the salaries.

LOTGK