PDA

View Full Version : How well is Ray Edwards gonna be?

bjohnson70
04-26-2008, 12:51 PM
With being suspended for 4 games we know that Ray Edwards was using steriods, but how long had he been using them before he was caught, and did the steriods lead to his good performance during the course of the year last season.

BleedinPandG
04-26-2008, 12:56 PM
"bjohnson70" wrote:

With being suspended for 4 games we know that Ray Edwards was using steriods, but how long had he been using them before he was caught, and did the steriods lead to his good performance during the course of the year last season.

Ray Edwards wasn't suspended for steroids, he was suspended for a "banned substance" which can be any number of things.
His story was he used a supplement not on the approved list.
He apologized for it, said he should've checked with the various sources made available to him by the team and the NFL, accepted his suspension and moved on.
Maybe it's time you did as well.

As for the question, how well is Edwards going to do this year?
The addition of Allen will improve the stats of the entire DLine in my opinion.

NodakPaul
04-26-2008, 01:01 PM
His positive test was also in April of 2007.
Not during the season.
The suspension just took a long time to go through.
So it definately didn't affect his performance during the season.

bjohnson70
04-26-2008, 01:15 PM
My point with this question was to find out what the people of the vikings world would speculate on the level of play this coming season, not to point out that Ray edwards used a "banned substance".
My point being that it must have been giving him a performance edge in some way or the nfl would not have banned the substance he was using.
I guess only time will tell.

dcboardr41
04-26-2008, 01:20 PM
He is gonna be a solid DE next year rotating in and out with Robison, i say them combined are gonna have around 13-15 sacks.

VikingsTw
04-26-2008, 01:35 PM
I was really exited to hear that he was completely down with moving over to LDE. I was also exited to find out that LDE is his naturaul position playing it his entire College Carear.

I believe we drafted Edwards because we knew what he was capable of, I'm sure our scouting department seen the flashes we seen from the last two years when scouting him. I must say though Ray Edwards is becoming a monster when it comes to strength and size. Looking at him last year compared to when he first came in, I saw a huge difference. He was very poor in college, he's getting the best training and diet possible, I think the sky is the limit, if he can get 8-10 sacks and continue to improve we could have the most dominant D-Line in the game.

Vikes_King
04-26-2008, 06:13 PM
"dcboardr41" wrote:

He is gonna be a solid DE next year rotating in and out with Robison, i say them combined are gonna have around 13-15 sacks.

Agreed.
Together they should be a force.
The only thing is now we'll have to see if it is Robison rotating in and out with Edwards, i'm not so sure it will be.
Since Edwards got moved to the other side, it could very well be Edwards and Mitchell on one side, with Allen and Robison on the other.
Robison could potentially lose playing time thanks to this trade, i'm not so sure that they'd move three people around... Mitchell to the right and both Edwards and Robison to the left..?
We'll see.

But i do think Edwards will be good this year
:)
Having the other teams worry about Allen on one side will only help his case

Marrdro
04-27-2008, 07:22 AM
"VikingsTw" wrote:

I was really exited to hear that he was completely down with moving over to LDE. I was also exited to find out that LDE is his naturaul position playing it his entire College Carear.
I believe we drafted Edwards because we knew what he was capable of, I'm sure our scouting department seen the flashes we seen from the last two years when scouting him. I must say though Ray Edwards is becoming a monster when it comes to strength and size. Looking at him last year compared to when he first came in, I saw a huge difference. He was very poor in college, he's getting the best training and diet possible, I think the sky is the limit, if he can get 8-10 sacks and continue to improve we could have the most dominant D-Line in the game.

TW, I love that little nugget.
Were did you read that?

To answer your question, all football players have a work out regimine that they follow to stay bigger/stronger and that includes some sort of supliment.

My guess is once he new the suppliment he was taking was illegal he moved onto another that wasn't.

Lets not try to make this out to be something that it isn't.
::)

Vikes_King
04-27-2008, 10:33 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"VikingsTw" wrote:

Were did you read that?

To answer your question, all football players have a work out regimine that they follow to stay bigger/stronger and that includes some sort of supliment.

My guess is once he new the suppliment he was taking was illegal he moved onto another that wasn't.

Got to be careful how you word that too, what he took last season wasn't illegal, just not approved by the league.

DustinDupont
04-27-2008, 10:36 AM
I think he is gonna be a stud! ;D

Marrdro
04-27-2008, 10:38 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"VikingsTw" wrote:

Were did you read that?

Got to be careful how you word that too, what he took last season wasn't illegal, just not approved by the league.

I hear ya my friend.
Thanks for the reminder.
I did try to craft it so as not to offend/say it the wrong way.

I forget that on this football site you need to run spell checker, grammar checker and get out your thesarsus to craft a post and then get the lawyer involved to make sure you don't missuse a word.
;D

Whatever happened to swilling beer, watching the game and talking about it like guys instead of worrying about spelling.

;D (I still love this site though)
;D

Purple Floyd
04-27-2008, 11:09 AM
I thought Edwards was going to be the RDE and Allen was going to be moved to LDE

mountainviking
04-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Whatever happened to swilling beer, watching the game and talking about it like guys instead of worrying about spelling.

(I still love this site though)

LOL!!!
Cheers all!!!
;D

Yeah, thats news to me.
Wassup there?
Gotta link?
I was thinking we might see Allen there more...

Either way, and maybe both, I think we'll see some improved pressure from our front four this year!
Allen is going to draw some attention, and IMO improve the rest of our guy's stats.

Yeah, seems that supplement thing was an oops that won't happen again.
I'm not worried about that.
On the other hand, I like his training regimine and the boxing crossover.
Being able to keep that big fat OT's hands off of you has got to be huge for beating blocks!

DustinDupont
04-27-2008, 11:19 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

I thought Edwards was going to be the RDE and Allen was going to be moved to LDE

Nope Allen is staying put at the RE and Edwards is moving to the LE

VikingsTw
04-27-2008, 11:40 AM
I don't have a link I went back and looked on Startrib and TwinCities for the strory I read, it came directly from Coach Childress and Ray Edwards himself. Ray was down with whatever they had in plan for him and said he didn't mind moving over, LDE was his position in college.

I'll continue to hunt it down untill then my word is honest.

VikingsTw
04-27-2008, 12:14 PM
Here she is:

http://www.twincities.com//ci_9033714?IADID=Search-www.twincities.com-www.twincities.com

marstc09
04-27-2008, 10:59 PM
He looked ripped at the draft party. I think he will impress us this year.

Vikes_King
04-27-2008, 11:04 PM
"I just want to make plays and do my thing, because I know I'm going to make plays," Edwards said. "But I'm looking to add my name to the Pro Bowl list with those guys."

How sick would it be to have all 4 of our starting DL make the probowl? LOL omg i'd jump up and down all giddy like a little girl

i_bleed_purple
04-27-2008, 11:32 PM
"mountainviking" wrote:

(I still love this site though)

LOL!!!
Cheers all!!!
;D

Yeah, thats news to me.
Wassup there?
Gotta link?
I was thinking we might see Allen there more...

Either way, and maybe both, I think we'll see some improved pressure from our front four this year!
Allen is going to draw some attention, and IMO improve the rest of our guy's stats.

Yeah, seems that supplement thing was an oops that won't happen again.
I'm not worried about that.
On the other hand, I like his training regimine and the boxing crossover.
Being able to keep that big fat OT's hands off of you has got to be huge for beating blocks!

I can't remember who it was, but i remember watching a show on NFLN and they were talking about some martial arts master.
He said being able to keep the blockers hands off of you is the key.
Hopefully he'll use taht this year and next year and just be an absolute beast for us.

jargomcfargo
04-27-2008, 11:33 PM
My guess is Ray will have double digit sacks this year. It will help to have the Williams dual flush the QB a little more to get him moving out of the center of the pocket. Don't let him step up.
Did you notice how trim Pat was in the draft party pictures?

DustinDupont
04-27-2008, 11:35 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

He looked ripped at the draft party. I think he will impress us this year.

He has gotten so big! he we be dominating one on one's all year

vike_mike
04-28-2008, 11:30 AM
I just hope that is not the steroids talking!
In all seriousness, I hope that this is his break out year with 10 or more sacks.
He can do it.
This should be motivation for him now.

DustinDupont
04-28-2008, 11:56 PM
"vike_mike" wrote:

I just hope that is not the steroids talking!
In all seriousness, I hope that this is his break out year with 10 or more sacks.
He can do it.
This should be motivation for him now.

He wasnt taken steroids it was a ban substance.... but yeah i hope he gets in the double digit sack range

midgensa
04-29-2008, 12:13 AM
I think that this could be a breakout season for Edwards. With all the other talent on the line being occupied by one or two OL, he will see single coverage EVERY snap of the season. Time to put up and show that he is ready to be part of the Purple People Eaters.

BloodyHorns82
04-29-2008, 12:17 AM
He certainly has the muscle and build to be an effective DE...question is does he have the moves/talent?
I think we'll see improvement over last year and potentially a break out year with all the double teaming across the rest of the line.
I can't wait to watch this beast of a line take the field.
It will probably be more exciting watching the D play than the O!

DustinDupont
04-29-2008, 01:02 AM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

He certainly has the muscle and build to be an effective DE...question is does he have the moves/talent?
I think we'll see improvement over last year and potentially a break out year with all the double teaming across the rest of the line.

We still got AD on the other side but i just think its gonna be exciting watchin both the o and d

BloodyHorns82
04-29-2008, 01:30 AM
"DustinDupont" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

We still got AD on the other side but i just think its gonna be exciting watchin both the o and d

Somehow I forgot about AD...
:-[

cajunvike
04-29-2008, 01:33 AM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Somehow I forgot about AD...

:-[

BLASPHEME!!!!!!!

ragz
04-29-2008, 03:16 AM
i heard childress on day 2 of the draft on espn talk about edwards moving to the other side of the line, don't have no link for that.
as for edwards i got nothing new to say, you guys have pretty much covered it. i think he has the potential to break out just like we've seen some of these other teams other defensive ends hvae big years.
mathis on colts, brown of the bears a couple of years ago, and so on.
and as for the other nugget about playing time for robison.
i dont think it will matter what side guys spell each other.
if robison is 3rd on the depth chart he's gonna be the guy coming into spell edwards, not mitchell just cuz he's listed as 2nd on the depth chart from that side.
obviously the potential of losing playing time is still there, but he won't be losing it to jayme mitchell is my point

Doc_Rebil
04-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Not sure if this has already been said but i think he got busted for using guarana. I remeber reading an article where he said he was just mentally tired and needed something to fire him up before games. I look for him to have a productive year, but with the three all pros next to him i dont know who wouldnt. Brian Robinson should get some playtime this year also as a potential situational pass rusher

i_bleed_purple
04-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Guarana??? Isn't that stuff in most energy drinks like Red Bull or Monster?