PDA

View Full Version : How many sacks will Allen have this season?



vikingivan
04-23-2008, 06:08 AM
Anything will be a vast improvement from what we have gotten from the DE position lately.

Will he reach 15 sacks again?
I think he will surpass last seasons sack total, I am thinking 17.

singersp
04-23-2008, 06:17 AM
10

Freya
04-23-2008, 06:20 AM
17.

vikingivan
04-23-2008, 06:24 AM
"singersp" wrote:


10


I think 10 is low Singer.

He had 15 1/2 half last year playing for the Chiefs in 14 games.
The Chiefs gave up over 2000 yards rushing last season and won only 4 games.
With the rushing defense the Vikings have he is going to get many more opportunities to rush the passer in Minnesota than he had in KC.

singersp
04-23-2008, 06:36 AM
"vikingivan" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


10


I think 10 is low Singer.

He had 15 1/2 half last year playing for the Chiefs in 14 games.
The Chiefs gave up over 2000 yards rushing last season and won only 4 games.
With the rushing defense the Vikings have he is going to get many more opportunities to rush the passer in Minnesota than he had in KC.


I don't.

With the attention he'll receive on the line, it will open the door more for the Williams boys, Robison, Edwards, Henderson & the other LB's to get their share.

A QB can only be sacked once on any given play.

Besides, you shouldn't set your expectations up so high that you get disappointed.
;)

vikingivan
04-23-2008, 06:47 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"vikingivan" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


10


I think 10 is low Singer.

He had 15 1/2 half last year playing for the Chiefs in 14 games.
The Chiefs gave up over 2000 yards rushing last season and won only 4 games.
With the rushing defense the Vikings have he is going to get many more opportunities to rush the passer in Minnesota than he had in KC.




I don't.

With the attention he'll receive on the line, it will open the door more for the Williams boys, Robison, Edwards, Henderson & the other LB's to get their share.

A QB can only be sacked once on any given play.

Besides, you shouldn't set your expectations up so high that you get disappointed.
;)


Good advice Sing.
I guess my expectations are always to high, and in the end I am disappointed.

Marrdro
04-23-2008, 07:17 AM
I would anticipate nothing lower than 10, but more along the lines of 13 or so.

The problem I see with him having a possibility in reduction is that he will be shifting to a new scheme, new line mates and a new environment, however, he will hit his stride about the 5th week and all hell is gonna break lose.


Of course he could prove us wrong.
Lets not forget that he is good but and still young which means to me that he can get better.
;D

ThorSPL
04-23-2008, 07:34 AM
We had better expect double digits... but the better question is this:

How many sacks will our D-Line have next year?

That is a far better way to gauge his impact, in my opinion....

I'll pencil him in for 13, K-will for 7 or 8, P-Will for 4, and our LDE at 8.... perhaps with a situational pass rusher coming in w/ somebody sliding in to Pat's spot tallying another 4 or 5?

Those are guesses, there is no scientific data to back up my GUESSTIMATE, but I would say that was successful.. plus any blitzing LB will be able to absolutely tear shit up....

marstc09
04-23-2008, 12:19 PM
I would say 10. The reason is because we will have more than one player in double digit sacks.

dcboardr41
04-23-2008, 12:22 PM
10.5

SKOL
04-23-2008, 12:23 PM
12

The mods should consider merging all Allen related content to an official Allen thread.
jk

i_bleed_purple
04-23-2008, 12:23 PM
i would expect no higher than 14, but no lower than 9.
I think KWill will be back in the teens, Robison/Edwards will combine for about 11 Phat Pat will have 4 and Allen will have 13

Allen
13
KWill - 12
Robison - 7
Edwards
4
Pat

- 4
All others - 3

Which equates to 43, which would have been 5th in the league last season

SIUviking
04-23-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm in for 11. Injuries could play a role in the overall team sack count.

NodakPaul
04-23-2008, 12:34 PM
I say 12.5

C Mac D
04-23-2008, 12:48 PM
I'll say 17... but he will miss a game due to a sprained ankle.

DustinDupont
04-23-2008, 12:51 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


i would expect no higher than 14, but no lower than 9.
I think KWill will be back in the teens, Robison/Edwards will combine for about 11 Phat Pat will have 4 and Allen will have 13

Allen
13
KWill - 12
Robison - 7
Edwards
4
Pat

- 4
All others - 3

Which equates to 43, which would have been 5th in the league last season


our line backers our only gonna have 3 sacks... doubt that

Allen 12
Kwill 9
Edwards 9
Robison 6
Pat 4
Henderson 7
Leber 6
Greenway 5

seems like a lot but could happen ;D

pack93z
04-23-2008, 12:52 PM
11.5.

The added bonus is that he will drawn a chip block from either a TE or Back.. allowing more pressure to be applied elsewhere.. his numbers might not skyrocket.. but the net gain should be felt across the line.

Marrdro
04-23-2008, 12:53 PM
"DustinDupont" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


i would expect no higher than 14, but no lower than 9.
I think KWill will be back in the teens, Robison/Edwards will combine for about 11 Phat Pat will have 4 and Allen will have 13

Allen
13
KWill - 12
Robison - 7
Edwards
4
Pat

- 4
All others - 3

Which equates to 43, which would have been 5th in the league last season


our line backers our only gonna have 3 sacks... doubt that

Allen 12
Kwill 7
Edwards 7
Robison 6
Pat 4
Henderson 7
Leber 6
Greenway 5

seems like a lot but could happen ;D


3 is a bit low for our LB'rs but lets remember, the goal of getting JA was so that our LB's could drop back into coverage (cover 2 101) instead of rushing the QB.

I would still say we will see some delayed blitzes out of them to keep QB's guessing so I will give them 2 each with a total of 6 for LB's.

Also I wouldn't give Kwill a huge jump in his stats either.
He will still get the double team so that the QB has a pocket to step up into which is the 101 of beating a pass rush from the End.
His job is to collapse the pocket so that the QB can't step up, not sack the QB.

NodakPaul
04-23-2008, 12:54 PM
"DustinDupont" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


i would expect no higher than 14, but no lower than 9.
I think KWill will be back in the teens, Robison/Edwards will combine for about 11 Phat Pat will have 4 and Allen will have 13

Allen
13
KWill - 12
Robison - 7
Edwards
4
Pat

- 4
All others - 3

Which equates to 43, which would have been 5th in the league last season


our line backers our only gonna have 3 sacks... doubt that

Allen 12
Kwill 7
Edwards 7
Robison 6
Pat 4
Henderson 7
Leber 6
Greenway 5

seems like a lot but could happen ;D



54 sacks.
Nice.
That would have edged the Giants out of 1st in sacks by 1. :)

JerBearLuvsDaVikes
04-23-2008, 12:56 PM
I'll say 16. Although he will be double teamed quite a bit. I just think he can handle a sack a game no problem...Especially with an unexperienced QB in week 1, I think he'll get 2 or 3 and make up for a game or 2...

Marrdro
04-23-2008, 12:57 PM
"pack93z" wrote:


11.5.

The added bonus is that he will drawn a chip block from either a TE or Back.. allowing more pressure to be applied elsewhere.. his numbers might not skyrocket.. but the net gain should be felt across the line.

Fricken PUKER fan talking actual football sense.
Man I still think you are a Vikes fan in disguise to test me.

;D

Schutz
04-23-2008, 01:07 PM
13

V-Unit
04-23-2008, 01:09 PM
14, but I would rather see 3 consecutive years of 10 or more.

DustinDupont
04-23-2008, 01:14 PM
"V" wrote:


14, but I would rather see 3 consecutive years of 10 or more.


i see 6 consecutive years of ten or more ;)

aceclown
04-23-2008, 01:24 PM
My rough estimate

Allen-13
KWill-9
Edwards-6
Robison-5
Pat-3
Other DLinemen-2

Henderson-4
Leber-2
Greenway-2
Other LBs-2

and
DBacks collectively-2

For a total of 50.
Probably a bit optimistic but seems within reason.

jmcdon00
04-23-2008, 01:32 PM
1million.

BloodyHorns82
04-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Only 10, but much increased production across the rest of the line.

I know it doesn't make sense...but that's just the way it always works for the Vikings.

BadlandsVikings
04-23-2008, 03:46 PM
69

jkjuggalo
04-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Since the LTs in our division are pretty average, I'm going to say 16.5.

mountainviking
04-23-2008, 03:54 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


Only 10, but much increased production across the rest of the line.
I know it doesn't make sense...but that's just the way it always works for the Vikings.

Makes sense to me.
The enemy can't double Williams's and Allen and chip a speed rusher!
I wonder if Ray Edwards knew about this deal before he said, "I'm going to lead the NFL in sacks?" ;)

singersp
04-24-2008, 06:14 AM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


Only 10, but much increased production across the rest of the line.

I know it doesn't make sense...but that's just the way it always works for the Vikings.


Makes sense to me. Brilliant minds think alike.........

"singersp" wrote:


"vikingivan" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


10


I think 10 is low Singer.

He had 15 1/2 half last year playing for the Chiefs in 14 games.
The Chiefs gave up over 2000 yards rushing last season and won only 4 games.
With the rushing defense the Vikings have he is going to get many more opportunities to rush the passer in Minnesota than he had in KC.


I don't.

With the attention he'll receive on the line, it will open the door more for the Williams boys, Robison, Edwards, Henderson & the other LB's to get their share.

A QB can only be sacked once on any given play.

Besides, you shouldn't set your expectations up so high that you get disappointed.
;)

Purple Floyd
04-24-2008, 06:56 AM
I am less concerned with his total than with the number total sacks compared to the past few years. If he gets only 8 because teams key on him but the total team sack count goes up by 10-12 and we get a noticeable increase in INT's due to the pressure then he is still doing his job.

I think he will come in at 10-12,though

skum
04-24-2008, 06:59 AM
Allen 10
K Williams 8
P Williams 3
R Edwards 24 - He said he would break the record, so go get it

PurpleTide
04-24-2008, 07:09 AM
Between Ray Edwards, Robison, and Jarod Allen there should be 30 sacks from DE's right there. Give the Williams about 10 more, and add about 12 more for the LB'ers and DB's for a 50+ sack season it could happen. More importantly is how this extra pressure equates to a much improved pass defense. We will be a top 5 defense this year. Bring the Pain Purple D. 8)

BleedinPandG
04-24-2008, 07:10 AM
The only number that matters to me is total sacks from the Dline... anything less than 50 out of that unit is disappointing.
I'm looking for a 3 sack per game average with the best rush defense in the NFL.
If we can stuff the run AND put consistent pressure on the QB is obvious passing downs, we are going to be a VERY good defense.
The Vikes paid Allen to become a VERY good defense, that's the only thing which would justify that sort of trade and contract.
I'm setting my expectations where the Vikings apparently did.

V-Unit
04-24-2008, 07:12 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


Only 10, but much increased production across the rest of the line.

I know it doesn't make sense...but that's just the way it always works for the Vikings.


Makes sense to me. Brilliant minds think alike.........

"singersp" wrote:


"vikingivan" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


10


I think 10 is low Singer.

He had 15 1/2 half last year playing for the Chiefs in 14 games.
The Chiefs gave up over 2000 yards rushing last season and won only 4 games.
With the rushing defense the Vikings have he is going to get many more opportunities to rush the passer in Minnesota than he had in KC.


I don't.

With the attention he'll receive on the line, it will open the door more for the Williams boys, Robison, Edwards, Henderson & the other LB's to get their share.

A QB can only be sacked once on any given play.

Besides, you shouldn't set your expectations up so high that you get disappointed.
;)



10 is a very safe bet. I can't argue that. Nor can I argue that he will increase sack totals for the whole offensive line, but aren't we forgetting something.

I'm pretty sure Allen wasn't playing with PWill and KWill next to him last year. It could be that the Williamses make things easier on Allen and his sack total is in the mid-teens again, or even higher. It really all depends on how teams choose to gameplan us.

Hopefully he will be able to produce big time when facing single coverage, and also be good enough to keep the TE in blocking, making things easier for our DBs and LBs.

If we don't get a solid rush from our front four this year, I don't know what else we could possibly do.

Zeus
04-24-2008, 07:46 AM
"vikingivan" wrote:


Anything will be a vast improvement from what we have gotten from the DE position lately.

Will he reach 15 sacks again?
I think he will surpass last seasons sack total, I am thinking 17.


23.

=Z=

Mr-holland
04-24-2008, 08:03 AM
1 Gazillion

Garland Greene
04-24-2008, 10:21 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"vikingivan" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


10


I think 10 is low Singer.

He had 15 1/2 half last year playing for the Chiefs in 14 games.
The Chiefs gave up over 2000 yards rushing last season and won only 4 games.
With the rushing defense the Vikings have he is going to get many more opportunities to rush the passer in Minnesota than he had in KC.


I don't.

With the attention he'll receive on the line, it will open the door more for the Williams boys, Robison, Edwards, Henderson & the other LB's to get their share.

A QB can only be sacked once on any given play.

Besides, you shouldn't set your expectations up so high that you get disappointed.
;)


I have to agree with Singer on this one. I see more of a change with the improvement for the whol line and that we should see more sacks out of KWill, Robison, and Edwards. I would expect double didgets in sacks firm Allen but if 10 is what he gets and KWill gets and Edwards and Robison double their sack numbers i would be more than happy.

One thing that I am not sure about is Pat Williams and his pass rush ability. I guess I don't see him as a pass rusher.

i_bleed_purple
04-24-2008, 10:25 AM
as for Pat Williams, he's not really a huge pass rusher, but he's pretty good at collapsing the middle of the pocket, so he'll get a few sacks that way.
IF anyone has Madden 2006 I believe, In the intro, they have Sam Adams saying "EA sports, its in the game" then show a clip of him just demolishing a QB by basically falling on top of him and covering him completely.
I see that happening a couple of times.


Who do you think will see the most playing time in the opposite end that Allen PLays.
Edwards or Robison?

Potus2028
04-24-2008, 10:36 AM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


as for Pat Williams, he's not really a huge pass rusher, but he's pretty good at collapsing the middle of the pocket, so he'll get a few sacks that way.
IF anyone has Madden 2006 I believe, In the intro, they have Sam Adams saying "EA sports, its in the game" then show a clip of him just demolishing a QB by basically falling on top of him and covering him completely.
I see that happening a couple of times.


Who do you think will see the most playing time in the opposite end that Allen PLays.
Edwards or Robison?


Good Lord I hope it's Robison. I'm a huge Robison fan. I know it was preseason, but he wrecked it up during preseason last year! He also IMO got the best pass rush on the team last year. I think with out a doubt he should be the Starting DL opposite Allen.

Potus2028
04-24-2008, 10:37 AM
p.s.

i think allen with have 46 sacks!! yay!

i_bleed_purple
04-24-2008, 10:40 AM
"Potus2028" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


as for Pat Williams, he's not really a huge pass rusher, but he's pretty good at collapsing the middle of the pocket, so he'll get a few sacks that way.
IF anyone has Madden 2006 I believe, In the intro, they have Sam Adams saying "EA sports, its in the game" then show a clip of him just demolishing a QB by basically falling on top of him and covering him completely.
I see that happening a couple of times.


Who do you think will see the most playing time in the opposite end that Allen PLays.
Edwards or Robison?


Good Lord I hope it's Robison. I'm a huge Robison fan. I know it was preseason, but he wrecked it up during preseason last year! He also IMO got the best pass rush on the team last year. I think with out a doubt he should be the Starting DL opposite Allen.


I agree.
I do like Edwards too, but i think he's more a pure pass rusher, whereas Robison could be better against the run.
Also, Robison was playing very well at the beginning of last season.
Hopefully he can come out again looking just a bit better.

El Vikingo
04-24-2008, 10:42 AM
19 sacks one /per game
;D

Mr Anderson
04-24-2008, 10:42 AM
"Mr" wrote:


...
I don't think of the acquisition of Allen as a move that's going to give us the NFL sack leader in 2008, but rather makes the unit as a whole so much more dangerous.

I expect his production to drop off some, but Kevin Williams' and the opposite DEs' sack numbers will go way up.


Oh yeah, and the pass defense's rank will skyrocket.

Potus2028
04-24-2008, 10:43 AM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Potus2028" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


as for Pat Williams, he's not really a huge pass rusher, but he's pretty good at collapsing the middle of the pocket, so he'll get a few sacks that way.
IF anyone has Madden 2006 I believe, In the intro, they have Sam Adams saying "EA sports, its in the game" then show a clip of him just demolishing a QB by basically falling on top of him and covering him completely.
I see that happening a couple of times.


Who do you think will see the most playing time in the opposite end that Allen PLays.
Edwards or Robison?


Good Lord I hope it's Robison. I'm a huge Robison fan. I know it was preseason, but he wrecked it up during preseason last year! He also IMO got the best pass rush on the team last year. I think with out a doubt he should be the Starting DL opposite Allen.


I agree.
I do like Edwards too, but i think he's more a pure pass rusher, whereas Robison could be better against the run.
Also, Robison was playing very well at the beginning of last season.
Hopefully he can come out again looking just a bit better.


I agree. Robison seems to have a rage when he rushes or is going at it!

minvikes01
04-24-2008, 10:43 AM
19, We have one of the best lines in football, the williams duo often draws the double team and Allen will be a beast going after the QB, or if he gets tied up that frees up the williams duo or ray edwards for more sacks.

i_bleed_purple
04-24-2008, 10:48 AM
19 would be incredible, but i would't set my hopes that high.
I guarantee Allen will be doubleteamed at least a quarter of the plays.
Last sesaon was his breakout season, i expect opposing offenses to pay him extra attention, hopefully at the expense of KWill.


Here's my ideal situation.
Teams pay extra attention to Allen, because he came of a league best 15.5 sack season.
by doubling him, that leaves 3/4 linemen for 3 guys They also double Pat williams, just because it takes 2 guys to hold back that guy.
They start to not double KWill, because they believe he's no good, since he hasn't ahd many sacks the past few years.
He thrives by not being doubled, gets 12.5 sacks this season, and Robison is left to contend with a chip from a Tackle, and a back/end picking him up.

Either way, i expect our line to have at least 9 more sacks than last season.

PAvikesfan
04-24-2008, 04:08 PM
same as last year...plus 4.5
.

Purple Floyd
04-24-2008, 07:11 PM
"Potus2028" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Potus2028" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


as for Pat Williams, he's not really a huge pass rusher, but he's pretty good at collapsing the middle of the pocket, so he'll get a few sacks that way.
IF anyone has Madden 2006 I believe, In the intro, they have Sam Adams saying "EA sports, its in the game" then show a clip of him just demolishing a QB by basically falling on top of him and covering him completely.
I see that happening a couple of times.


Who do you think will see the most playing time in the opposite end that Allen PLays.
Edwards or Robison?


Good Lord I hope it's Robison. I'm a huge Robison fan. I know it was preseason, but he wrecked it up during preseason last year! He also IMO got the best pass rush on the team last year. I think with out a doubt he should be the Starting DL opposite Allen.


I agree.
I do like Edwards too, but i think he's more a pure pass rusher, whereas Robison could be better against the run.
Also, Robison was playing very well at the beginning of last season.
Hopefully he can come out again looking just a bit better.


I agree. Robison seems to have a rage when he rushes or is going at it!


I have a feeling they will be switching back and forth quite a bit to keep everybody fresh. JA will start at RDE and Edwards at LDE and they will rotate Robison in and out at both positions on a regular basis to keep the Offense on their toes.

That being said i really like Robisons game and could easily see him taking the spot from Edwards if he doesn't give it 100%

gregair13
04-24-2008, 07:15 PM
i sense 15.

vikes2456
04-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Pi r squared

R=2.5

Nightgaunt
04-24-2008, 07:22 PM
25, Screw FavRAY for rolling over for Strahan to get the FAKE record, Allen gonna do it without any help.
;D

dcboardr41
04-24-2008, 07:22 PM
"vikes2456" wrote:


Pi r squared

R=2.5


61.6225?

thats a crazy amount, i hope he can do it

vikes2456
04-24-2008, 07:23 PM
"dcboardr41" wrote:


"vikes2456" wrote:


Pi r squared

R=2.5


61.6225?

thats a crazy amount, i hope he can do it

Re check your math
3.14 times 6.25

Although my actual answer is around 14, I wanted you guys to think

dcboardr41
04-24-2008, 07:26 PM
"vikes2456" wrote:


"dcboardr41" wrote:


"vikes2456" wrote:


Pi r squared

R=2.5


61.6225?

thats a crazy amount, i hope he can do it

Re check your math
3.14 times 6.25

Although my actual answer is around 14, I wanted you guys to think


my bad i thought u ment (3.14 x 2.5)2, oops lol

singersp
04-24-2008, 07:41 PM
"vikes2456" wrote:


"dcboardr41" wrote:


"vikes2456" wrote:


Pi r squared

R=2.5


61.6225?

thats a crazy amount, i hope he can do it

Re check your math
3.14 times 6.25

Although my actual answer is around 14, I wanted you guys to think



Actually pi = 3.14159265
;)

dcboardr41
04-24-2008, 07:45 PM
"singersp" wrote:


"vikes2456" wrote:


"dcboardr41" wrote:


"vikes2456" wrote:


Pi r squared

R=2.5


61.6225?

thats a crazy amount, i hope he can do it

Re check your math
3.14 times 6.25

Although my actual answer is around 14, I wanted you guys to think



Actually pi = 3.14159265
;)




ACTUALLY

pi=3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148086513282306647093844609550582231725359408128481117450284102701938521105559644622948954930381964428810975665933446128475648233786783165271201909145648566923460348610454326648213393607260249141273724587006606315588174881520920962829254091715364367892590360011330530548820466521384146951941511609

midgensa
04-24-2008, 07:46 PM
i am sensing somehwere in the area of 17 or so.

singersp
04-24-2008, 08:09 PM
"dcboardr41" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"vikes2456" wrote:


"dcboardr41" wrote:


"vikes2456" wrote:


Pi r squared

R=2.5


61.6225?

thats a crazy amount, i hope he can do it

Re check your math
3.14 times 6.25

Although my actual answer is around 14, I wanted you guys to think



Actually pi = 3.14159265
;)




ACTUALLY

pi=3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148086513282306647093844609550582231725359408128481117450284102701938521105559644622948954930381964428810975665933446128475648233786783165271201909145648566923460348610454326648213393607260249141273724587006606315588174881520920962829254091715364367892590360011330530548820466521384146951941511609


Not on PP.O. They have the 8th decimal place rule enforced here. It was in the old math forum we used to have here.

BBQ Platypus
04-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Eleventy jillion plus fifty twice.

cajunvike
04-24-2008, 08:35 PM
"vikes2456" wrote:


Pi r squared

R=2.5


No, man....pi are ROUND!!!
:P

BBQ Platypus
04-25-2008, 12:40 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:


"vikes2456" wrote:


Pi r squared

R=2.5


No, man....pi are ROUND!!!
:P


Rimshot! ::)

KevinK
04-25-2008, 01:39 PM
I believe he will gt 11 sacks but the important stat is how well we improve on our paas defense.
I think we will go last to atleast 16th and propel us to the Division title. :)

jessejames09
04-25-2008, 01:45 PM
"dcboardr41" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"vikes2456" wrote:


"dcboardr41" wrote:


"vikes2456" wrote:


Pi r squared

R=2.5


61.6225?

thats a crazy amount, i hope he can do it

Re check your math
3.14 times 6.25

Although my actual answer is around 14, I wanted you guys to think



Actually pi = 3.14159265
;)




ACTUALLY

pi=3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148086513282306647093844609550582231725359408128481117450284102701938521105559644622948954930381964428810975665933446128475648233786783165271201909145648566923460348610454326648213393607260249141273724587006606315588174881520920962829254091715364367892590360011330530548820466521384146951941511609


It's impossible to write pi. There is no end to the numbers after the decimal like 1/3.

Json
04-25-2008, 01:48 PM
With Griffin gaining a huge amount of experience last year (and damn that guy can hit people...I love it!) and the addition to Allen, and Williams (safety), I have to imagine the pass defense will be much stronger this year.
Plus C. Greenway is also another year in after missing his entire rookie season so he will play much more disciplined and hopefully help with coverage.
I think things are looking better and better.

Marrdro
04-25-2008, 02:39 PM
"Json" wrote:


With Griffin gaining a huge amount of experience last year (and gol 'darnit that guy can hit people...I love it!) and the addition to Allen, and Williams (safety), I have to imagine the pass defense will be much stronger this year.
Plus C. Greenway is also another year in after missing his entire rookie season so he will play much more disciplined and hopefully help with coverage.
I think things are looking better and better.

Carefull my friend.

The guys that beat up on the guys that use "What If's" in support of TJ's development will get after you for thinking rationally.
;D

scorptile
04-25-2008, 02:42 PM
well after seeing the chief's schedule last year and whree the sacks had come from (mainly the raider, bears, lions, and broncos) id say he might get after seeing the vikes schedule this year about 9 maybe 10. the pass D will gain about ten spots IMO but wont be better then 20th best. the man to watch for the title this year is freeney once again coming off an injury against what i consider average to poor o-linemen would get great numbers.

Schutz
04-25-2008, 02:45 PM
"scorptile" wrote:


well after seeing the chief's schedule last year and whree the sacks had come from (mainly the raider, bears, lions, and broncos) id say he might get after seeing the vikes schedule this year about 9 maybe 10. the pass D will gain about ten spots IMO but wont be better then 20th best. the man to watch for the title this year is freeney once again coming off an injury against what i consider average to poor o-linemen would get great numbers.


http://blog.dirkschuetze.de/wp-content/Kool-AidMan.jpg

scorptile
04-25-2008, 02:49 PM
"Schutz" wrote:


"scorptile" wrote:


well after seeing the chief's schedule last year and whree the sacks had come from (mainly the raider, bears, lions, and broncos) id say he might get after seeing the vikes schedule this year about 9 maybe 10. the pass D will gain about ten spots IMO but wont be better then 20th best. the man to watch for the title this year is freeney once again coming off an injury against what i consider average to poor o-linemen would get great numbers.


http://blog.dirkschuetze.de/wp-content/Kool-AidMan.jpg


i should copy that lol cause the majority on here is drinkin alot of it thinking the vikes will win the SB. lol

cajunvike
04-25-2008, 02:51 PM
"scorptile" wrote:


well after seeing the chief's schedule last year and whree the sacks had come from (mainly the raider, bears, lions, and broncos) id say he might get after seeing the vikes schedule this year about 9 maybe 10. the pass D will gain about ten spots IMO but wont be better then 20th best. the man to watch for the title this year is freeney once again coming off an injury against what i consider average to poor o-linemen would get great numbers.


Don't piss in our Cheerios this early in the preseason, scorp!
>:(

I agree that Freeney will kick butt this year...but anything less than making the Super Bowl this year will be an underachievement for you guys.
As long as you guys keep the Pats out, I will be happy though (and your guys WOULD have without the injuries last year).
Absent the Vikings making it there in the next two years, I hope that your boys win it all (and throw in a perfect season for next year as well).
That way, the 2000s become the Decade of the COLTS...lol.

scorptile
04-25-2008, 03:02 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:


"scorptile" wrote:


well after seeing the chief's schedule last year and whree the sacks had come from (mainly the raider, bears, lions, and broncos) id say he might get after seeing the vikes schedule this year about 9 maybe 10. the pass D will gain about ten spots IMO but wont be better then 20th best. the man to watch for the title this year is freeney once again coming off an injury against what i consider average to poor o-linemen would get great numbers.


Don't piss in our Cheerios this early in the preseason, scorp!
>:(

I agree that Freeney will kick butt this year...but anything less than making the Super Bowl this year will be an underachievement for you guys.
As long as you guys keep the Pats out, I will be happy though (and your guys WOULD have without the injuries last year).
Absent the Vikings making it there in the next two years, I hope that your boys win it all (and throw in a perfect season for next year as well).
That way, the 2000s become the Decade of the COLTS...lol.


oh dont worry its good critisizm (sorry spelling) its just i just dont see the vikes getting there this year. maybe id say 2 maybe 3 years downt he line but not right now. and dont worry bout hte pats they lost samuels and has the oldest D in teh league. and are the SB losers which never ever gets them back there for years to come. i do wanna say though the vikes are heading the right way. CV i agree with you as well that the colts could very easily pull off the perfect season with a SB win being as though last year at once point the colts were missing vs the pats and
chargers harrison, gonzo, the entire starting o-linemen, and addai even in a few series then to make things worse freeney goes down with injury.

whatr id like to see is the vikes get to either the second round or even the NFCCG but not the SB caue that would spell doom cause i dont see any win
in the SB. just dont worry its early and we are with you guys on our wait on draft day.

Schutz
04-25-2008, 03:07 PM
"scorptile" wrote:


"cajunvike" wrote:


"scorptile" wrote:


well after seeing the chief's schedule last year and whree the sacks had come from (mainly the raider, bears, lions, and broncos) id say he might get after seeing the vikes schedule this year about 9 maybe 10. the pass D will gain about ten spots IMO but wont be better then 20th best. the man to watch for the title this year is freeney once again coming off an injury against what i consider average to poor o-linemen would get great numbers.


Don't piss in our Cheerios this early in the preseason, scorp!
>:(

I agree that Freeney will kick butt this year...but anything less than making the Super Bowl this year will be an underachievement for you guys.
As long as you guys keep the Pats out, I will be happy though (and your guys WOULD have without the injuries last year).
Absent the Vikings making it there in the next two years, I hope that your boys win it all (and throw in a perfect season for next year as well).
That way, the 2000s become the Decade of the COLTS...lol.


oh dont worry its good critisizm (sorry spelling) its just i just dont see the vikes getting there this year. maybe id say 2 maybe 3 years downt he line but not right now. and dont worry bout hte pats they lost samuels and has the oldest D in teh league. and are the SB losers which never ever gets them back there for years to come. i do wanna say though the vikes are heading the right way. CV i agree with you as well that the colts could very easily pull off the perfect season with a SB win being as though last year at once point the colts were missing vs the pats and
chargers harrison, gonzo, the entire starting o-linemen, and addai even in a few series then to make things worse freeney goes down with injury.

whatr id like to see is the vikes get to either the second round or even the NFCCG but not the SB caue that would spell doom cause i dont see any win
in the SB. just dont worry its early and we are with you guys on our wait on draft day.


So a combination of wait until next year mixed with we got shafted from injury all wrapped into one nice homer sentence.
So the Vikings aren't ready to compete at all in a weak NFC but the aging Colts are ready to go undefeated ::).

scorptile
04-25-2008, 03:25 PM
"Schutz" wrote:


"scorptile" wrote:


"cajunvike" wrote:


"scorptile" wrote:


well after seeing the chief's schedule last year and whree the sacks had come from (mainly the raider, bears, lions, and broncos) id say he might get after seeing the vikes schedule this year about 9 maybe 10. the pass D will gain about ten spots IMO but wont be better then 20th best. the man to watch for the title this year is freeney once again coming off an injury against what i consider average to poor o-linemen would get great numbers.


Don't piss in our Cheerios this early in the preseason, scorp!
>:(

I agree that Freeney will kick butt this year...but anything less than making the Super Bowl this year will be an underachievement for you guys.
As long as you guys keep the Pats out, I will be happy though (and your guys WOULD have without the injuries last year).
Absent the Vikings making it there in the next two years, I hope that your boys win it all (and throw in a perfect season for next year as well).
That way, the 2000s become the Decade of the COLTS...lol.


oh dont worry its good critisizm (sorry spelling) its just i just dont see the vikes getting there this year. maybe id say 2 maybe 3 years downt he line but not right now. and dont worry bout hte pats they lost samuels and has the oldest D in teh league. and are the SB losers which never ever gets them back there for years to come. i do wanna say though the vikes are heading the right way. CV i agree with you as well that the colts could very easily pull off the perfect season with a SB win being as though last year at once point the colts were missing vs the pats and
chargers harrison, gonzo, the entire starting o-linemen, and addai even in a few series then to make things worse freeney goes down with injury.

whatr id like to see is the vikes get to either the second round or even the NFCCG but not the SB caue that would spell doom cause i dont see any win
in the SB. just dont worry its early and we are with you guys on our wait on draft day.


So a combination of wait until next year mixed with we got shafted from injury all wrapped into one nice homer sentence.

So the Vikings aren't ready to compete at all in a weak NFC but the aging Colts are ready to go undefeated ::).




aging?? second youngest team in the league? sure if you say so.
::)
we have maybe 3 or even 4 guys getting up there in age but the rest are young. and yes teh vikes even being in the weak NFC you gotta think of all whos in the NFC still the cowboys you know will take a playoff spot, along with the giants. the saints arnt going anywhere, you guys will be lucky if the packers let you guys even close to the division depending on how smith does but could be good. not to mention the redskins are on the way up as well and the eagles are gonna get stronger as well. last year teh colts did get shafted by injuries last year. not having harrison for ten games hurt not hvaing the rookie gonzo for 3 games hurt, not having any starters on teh O-line hurts, freeney going down the last half of the season hurts. addai was at best 75% and with no good backup to go to of course he wouldnt be healthy. this year is different freeney is ready to go i have links if ya need them. harrison will be ready and now playing against the bears in the first game will set the tone for the season. btw i wasnt the one that said undefeated season right
away it was one of your own.
:P

Chazz
04-25-2008, 10:47 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"DustinDupont" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


i would expect no higher than 14, but no lower than 9.
I think KWill will be back in the teens, Robison/Edwards will combine for about 11 Phat Pat will have 4 and Allen will have 13

Allen
13
KWill - 12
Robison - 7
Edwards
4
Pat

- 4
All others - 3

Which equates to 43, which would have been 5th in the league last season


our line backers our only gonna have 3 sacks... doubt that

Allen 12
Kwill 7
Edwards 7
Robison 6
Pat 4
Henderson 7
Leber 6
Greenway 5

seems like a lot but could happen ;D


3 is a bit low for our LB'rs but lets remember, the goal of getting JA was so that our LB's could drop back into coverage (cover 2 101) instead of rushing the QB.

I would still say we will see some delayed blitzes out of them to keep QB's guessing so I will give them 2 each with a total of 6 for LB's.

Also I wouldn't give Kwill a huge jump in his stats either.
He will still get the double team so that the QB has a pocket to step up into which is the 101 of beating a pass rush from the End.
His job is to collapse the pocket so that the QB can't step up, not sack the QB.




I would. Remember, with a big edge rush the QB has to step up, and boom, right into the waiting hands of KWill. 8)

dcboardr41
04-25-2008, 10:52 PM
0.5

VikingsMB
04-25-2008, 10:57 PM
He'll get about 8 sacks this year.
But more over, his quickness on the outside, just drawing penalties,
is going to be his strength.
Teams that had success running on the Vikes last year was largely to the outside.
Not this year, baby!

DustinDupont
04-26-2008, 12:34 AM
"dcboardr41" wrote:


0.5


thats not funny

NDVikingFan66
04-26-2008, 12:38 AM
"VikingsMB" wrote:


He'll get about 8 sacks this year.
But more over, his quickness on the outside, just drawing penalties,
is going to be his strength.
Teams that had success running on the Vikes last year was largely to the outside.
Not this year, baby!


Unless Allen will play both ends, we still have the outside opposite of him.

I think our run d will be better this year (scary) and I think our pass d is much improved.
Allen may not equal his sack total, but the Vikings will increase their team sack total and pressure, and I think that is the overall gear.

Also, remember Allen has had a tendency of getting out of position in the past when defending the run to the outside.

dcboardr41
04-26-2008, 12:39 AM
"DustinDupont" wrote:


"dcboardr41" wrote:


0.5


thats not funny


i kid i kid
i dunno, this thread is kinda pointless, so imma say 235

digital420
04-26-2008, 12:42 AM
for me the question isn't how many 1 player will have..

but as a collective.. how many will the front 4 have

i say by end of the year. 50-60

my reasoning.. u can only really dbl team 1 guy.. without giving up your offense..

DiGiTaL

DustinDupont
04-26-2008, 12:45 AM
"digital420" wrote:


for me the question isn't how many 1 player will have..

but as a collective.. how many will the front 4 have

i say by end of the year. 50-60

my reasoning.. u can only really dbl team 1 guy.. without giving up your offense..

DiGiTaL


yeah i would say around 50-60 for the front 4 too... with Allen having 45 of them ;)

midgensa
04-26-2008, 01:16 AM
"DustinDupont" wrote:


"digital420" wrote:


for me the question isn't how many 1 player will have..

but as a collective.. how many will the front 4 have

i say by end of the year. 50-60

my reasoning.. u can only really dbl team 1 guy.. without giving up your offense..

DiGiTaL



yeah i would say around 50-60 for the front 4 too... with Allen having 45 of them ;)



That is A LOT of sacks for the front four. The Giants were the league leaders in sacks last year with 53 and the front four only produced 41.5 of those.
I would say it would be a great season if our front four gives us in the are of 38 sacks (which was our team total last year) and as a whole we get between 45-55 sacks. Those are fair expectations, and those numbers would put us at or near the top of the league in the category.

NDVikingFan66
04-26-2008, 01:25 AM
Agreed....why is it some people have unrealistic/inflated expectations for the Vikings.
I under the whole FANdom thing, but what about realistic expectations.

Even if we dont get more sacks, I am expecting more pressure, leading to poor decision by QB's, or picks by the cover guys.
Either way, get the opposition O off the field