PDA

View Full Version : I do not wish injury on anyone, but the Vikes should win

RandyMoss8404
12-27-2004, 10:30 PM
Clinton Portis will miss week 17 with a torn pectoral muscle.
Portis may take over a month to rehab, but it shouldn't affect his offseason too much. With 343 carries on the year, the fourth highest in Redskins history, he was overdue for a break. Portis should increase efficiency next season, but he's a candidate to breakdown because of so much work early in his career

Source: rotoworld.com

enlvikeman
12-27-2004, 10:44 PM
oh boy here we go...another game we should win.

ItalianStallion
12-27-2004, 10:55 PM
We've lost far too many games this season we should have won. I'm having nightmares of Patrick ramsey torching our defense. I'll believe it when I see it.

zzbudzz
12-27-2004, 11:26 PM
well, i'm going to watch the washington vs. vikings game sunday. (it will be my first nfl game) so, the vikes gotta win ......right ? but, i starting to have the same visions as ItalianStallion. i can just picture Patrick ramsey passing for 450 yards in the 2nd half. :pukeright:

ultravikingfan
12-27-2004, 11:28 PM
If Ramsey can pass on us, we are screwed! That guy is terrible!

VikingsTw
12-27-2004, 11:31 PM
If we get winfield back and close to real playing shape we will minimize the passing game. The running defense has been solid, although portis is hurt ladel betts is not the worst in the world, he's good. But i think it comes down to wether or not Winfield is in playing shape or not.

dan3ski
12-27-2004, 11:54 PM
If Washington plays on grass we are screwed blued and tatooed.

VikingsTw
12-27-2004, 11:58 PM
Please with the grass talk, this year the grass has not been a factor in my opinion. We damn near snatched a win from the pack in lamboo, we won in texas but we got slaughtered in chicago. I dont even think about the grass thing, just a stat the media likes to throw around. I doubt any of the players are concerned about playing on naturaul grass, if they want the game enough they will win.

briboy75
12-28-2004, 12:10 AM
"vikingstw" wrote:

Please with the grass talk, this year the grass has not been a factor in my opinion.

It has been for Onterrio :)

VikemanX84
12-28-2004, 12:14 AM
Actually, as much of a Homer as I am, and as much as I don't want it to happen, I can't see us beating Washington, and I can't see Carolina or St. Louis losing, so I think we might again miss out on the post-season. I really hope it doesn't happen though

Burley81
12-28-2004, 08:38 PM
I'm not happy to see the skins D, but their O is horrible. If we lose like we did to az last year i will be pissed off to no end. But since portis is out we got a good chance. If winfield is 100% ramsey will throw a few picks and wont pass good. kevin williams will stop betts so were fine.

VikemanX84
12-28-2004, 09:34 PM
lol. Sorry man, but Josh McCown isn't all that much better than Ramsey.

Here is the deal though, if we get into the playoffs anything can happen. We'll beat the Packers if we play them a third time and the regular season losses won't mean didly. We'll beat the Eagles if we play them, and then probably lose to Atlanta in the Championship game. But, as horrible as we have been lately, if we can get into the playoffs we get deep into them while still not being the team we were before Moss was injured.

GO JETS!

zzbudzz
12-29-2004, 11:06 AM
we CAN'T lose the last game and miss the playoffs again like we did last year ! we just can't !!!!but we have missed so many opportunities this year.... :oops:

TheAnimal93
12-29-2004, 11:15 AM
"dan3ski" wrote:

If Washington plays on grass we are screwed blued and tatooed.

well get out the cryin towels, wash plays on grass. the vikings are 2-19 on grass since 2000. it should not matter that much. why is it that the vikes are that bad outdoors? start turning down the thermo in the hump. open up some damn doors or something. lol!!!