PDA

View Full Version : Tice Stays



Toss2Moss84
12-27-2004, 02:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=1953868

vikez06
12-27-2004, 02:43 PM
i know i thought it was a lil wierd for tice to be front page of espn so i thought he might been gone.... :cheers:
but no i was wrong he stays BOOOOO :evil:

SKOL
12-27-2004, 04:35 PM
Here's the article from Star Tribune :

Tice will continue with Vikings
Star Tribune
December 27, 2004 VIKES1228
Head coach Mike Tice will continue with the Vikings in 2005, he told reporters today. Owner Red McCombs called this morning to say the team would pick up Tice's one-year contract option, Tice said.

Even though the Vikings didn't accomplish all their goals, "we achieved a lot in three years," Tice said. "We're getting better in many areas."

Tice said he was glad that the contract issue has been resolved, noting that speculation about his future had been "a distraction" to the team. He predicted that players would welcome the news.

muchluv4smoot
12-27-2004, 05:54 PM
"vikez06" wrote:

i know i thought it was a lil wierd for tice to be front page of espn so i thought he might been gone.... :cheers:
but no i was wrong he stays BOOOOO :evil:



Someone shoot me in the head and put me out of my misery please!

vikinggreg
12-27-2004, 06:32 PM
Maybe Red is just going to fire him after the season comes to its horrible conclusion.

These are the straws I'm grasping at this year :(

PurpleReign
12-27-2004, 06:48 PM
Yeah...we already have a large thread on this already.

PAvikesfan
12-27-2004, 06:50 PM
someone tell me how a contract for this loser is warranted!

fanfrom69
12-27-2004, 07:11 PM
"SKOL" wrote:


Even though the Vikings didn't accomplish all their goals, "we achieved a lot in three years," Tice said. "We're getting better in many areas."



Huh?

SKOL
12-27-2004, 09:38 PM
"fanfrom69" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:


Even though the Vikings didn't accomplish all their goals, "we achieved a lot in three years," Tice said. "We're getting better in many areas."



Huh?

Hey - I didn't say that ! :wink:

fanfrom69
12-28-2004, 07:57 AM
"SKOL" wrote:

"fanfrom69" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:


Even though the Vikings didn't accomplish all their goals, "we achieved a lot in three years," Tice said. "We're getting better in many areas."



Huh?

Hey - I didn't say that ! :wink:

I know- it was on your post- you can see it's a quote by Tice. That's the way the forum is set up. I probably should've set it up as a quote myself. I was a bit dumbfounded at the mention of "acheivements" and "getting better".

whackthepack
12-28-2004, 09:27 AM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

Maybe Red is just going to fire him after the season comes to its horrible conclusion.

These are the straws I'm grasping at this year :(


No way is Red going to sign him and then fire him, he would have to pay him the Million dollars. Red is to cheap to do that, when he fired Denny all his business dealings were going strong, since 9/11 his net worth has dropped a lot.

UTVikfan
12-28-2004, 11:54 AM
I know, lets hire away Crennel from the Patriots for 1/3 of the pay he gets now, instead.

bleedpurple
12-28-2004, 12:59 PM
atleast there's a good chance Linehan will leave....Jim Fasell as the O-coordinator?....

jackyl
12-28-2004, 01:11 PM
"bleedpurple" wrote:

atleast there's a good chance Linehan will leave....Jim Fasell as the O-coordinator?....

I don't think Fasell will work for 10 bucks and a Best Buy gift card.

whackthepack
12-28-2004, 01:32 PM
"jackyl" wrote:

"bleedpurple" wrote:

atleast there's a good chance Linehan will leave....Jim Fasell as the O-coordinator?....

I don't think Fasell will work for 10 bucks and a Best Buy gift card.


It would only be $10.00, a report I am heard is Red wants to cut the salaries even further next year. We might not get anybody in free agency.

XTAP59
12-28-2004, 09:14 PM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

"vikez06" wrote:

i know i thought it was a lil wierd for tice to be front page of espn so i thought he might been gone.... :cheers:
but no i was wrong he stays BOOOOO :evil:



Someone shoot me in the head and put me out of my misery please!

I believe thats how Tice started his press speech.......LOL

whackthepack
12-29-2004, 09:31 AM
"XTAP59" wrote:

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

"vikez06" wrote:

i know i thought it was a lil wierd for tice to be front page of espn so i thought he might been gone.... :cheers:
but no i was wrong he stays BOOOOO :evil:



Someone shoot me in the head and put me out of my misery please!

I believe thats how Tice started his press speech.......LOL


Way to funny XTAP59, LMAO!

casper
12-29-2004, 09:42 AM
:bs: :laughing3:

:happy9:


IT an't over yet :tongue: yahooooooo :D

this is for you all nea sayers :-({|= he is playing my heart bleed purple for you.

:scratch: