PDA

View Full Version : Head Coach Candidates

kramer9guy
12-26-2004, 02:07 AM
After all this talk about serving Tice's head on a platter to the Viking faithfull, I'm pondering who actually is out there that you could see leading our team in the future?

Here are the few I can think of...

Romeo Crennel - Pats D-coordinator
Brad Childress - Eagles O-coordinator
Jim Fassel - Ex-Giant coach
Mike Holmgren - if fired?
Pete Carroll - return to the NFL?

*disclaimer: by posting this topic I am not advocating the immediate firing of Mike Tice but instead am looking at a scenerio that in the future may play itself out. :lol:

snowinapril
12-26-2004, 02:11 AM
"kramer9guy" wrote:

After all this talk about serving Tice's head on a platter to the Viking faithfull, I'm pondering who actually is out there that you could see leading our team in the future?

*disclaimer: by posting this topic I am not advocating the immediate firing of Mike Tice but instead am looking at a scenerio that in the future may play itself out. :lol:

I wonder what it would be like if our coach was a D minded coach. Have the Vikes ever had a D minded coach???????

cajunvike
12-26-2004, 02:25 AM
"kramer9guy" wrote:

Crennel and Childress = long term projects
Carroll = probably ain't leaving sunny CA or sweet gig at USC
Holmgren or Fassel = could pull a Gruden for us (lead us to SB next year)

Gregg Williams = former HC with defensive mindset
Art Shell = winning record with Raiders and just interviewed with 'Fins
Marv Levy = Still wants to coach? Knows how to get to SB, but not win it
Jimmy Johnson = Why not take a shot at him? Knows how to win SB
Bud Grant = For old times' sake!!! :salute: :salute: :salute:

hawaiianvike21
12-26-2004, 02:57 AM
Knowing red mccombs, he will pull another dissapointment and could choose.

1.Scott Linehan :silent:
2.Ted Cottrell :?
3. Possibly another coordinator within the vikes orginization :(

TheAnimal93
12-26-2004, 06:24 AM
"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

hey hawaiin,
you smokin too much of that kona gold over there? lol sssssssssshhhhh!!
dont give anyone any ideas!!!!!

vikingtim
12-26-2004, 08:17 AM
im' sticking to what other people are saying, in that mcCombs will give Tice the year extension because he is too cheap to get a real coach. Anyway trying to sell the team and hiring a new coach for at least four years will put a screwdriver in any new owners plans, so for that reason Red will not look for another head coach yet. I say give Tice one more year anyway, cotrell give him one more year too. I may be a fool, but i feel a change a comin.

eelpout72
12-26-2004, 12:35 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"kramer9guy" wrote:

Crennel and Childress = long term projects
Carroll = probably ain't leaving sunny CA or sweet gig at USC
Holmgren or Fassel = could pull a Gruden for us (lead us to SB next year)

Gregg Williams = former HC with defensive mindset
Art Shell = winning record with Raiders and just interviewed with 'Fins
Marv Levy = Still wants to coach? Knows how to get to SB, but not win it
Jimmy Johnson = Why not take a shot at him? Knows how to win SB
Bud Grant = For old times' sake!!! :salute: :salute: :salute:

I was thinking of Jimmy Johnson as well. He's been out of coaching for some time now and I dont know if he would be a good fit in Minnesota since he seems like a "good ole southern boy", but i think it would definitely be intriguing. He has definitely proven that he can coach and that he is excellent with personnel decisions. The question, i have is why has he stayed out of coaching for so long?

muchluv4smoot
12-26-2004, 12:41 PM
"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

I would take cottrell in a heartbeat over tice though. The guy may have struggled IN HIS FIRST YEAR HERE, but he has a great coaching mind and would be a D minded coach that we need. Maybe not the D minded coach that we need, but a D minded coach at least.

jackyl
12-26-2004, 12:50 PM
Red wouldn't pony up the $$ for a Fassel or Holmgren. Cotrell at coach would = prevent D from the first quarter on.

muchluv4smoot
12-26-2004, 12:52 PM
"jackyl" wrote:

Red wouldn't pony up the $$ for a Fassel or Holmgren. Cotrell at coach would = prevent D from the first quarter on.

Cottrell at coach would mean he isn't the D coordinator, so it wouldn't be him calling the D plays. And he doesn't call prevent D all the time, it is just our crappy D players make it look like we are. Like brian williams horrible coverage this year. He has taken a huge step backwards from last year. Then the fact that our LB's can't cover for crap.

jackyl
12-26-2004, 12:57 PM
True.... but that in itself is the prob. The D, not the coach. The starting D made Joey Harrington ( who I've watched play since High School ) look like John Elway, or Joe Montana... The running D is so bad that William Perry could go for 125 and a TD on them.

JWalkRulz84
12-26-2004, 12:58 PM
If you guys want a "Defensive Genius," we'll give you Bob Slowik for 1st Round compensation :roll:

muchluv4smoot
12-26-2004, 12:59 PM
"jackyl" wrote:

True.... but that in itself is the prob. The D, not the coach. The starting D made Joey Harrington ( who I've watched play since High School ) look like John Elway, or Joe Montana... The running D is so bad that William Perry could go for 125 and a TD on them.

Mike Tice, the head coach, is responsible for that D we see on the field every sunday. Tice hired the D coaches, tice picked what D players we drafted, tice picked what D FA's we signed, and Tice chooses what players start every sunday. Sorry, but it isn't always a D coordinators fault when a D sucks. Cottrell has proven himself before, that he can caoch a #1 D.

jackyl
12-26-2004, 01:05 PM
He has proven that the players were more important than the system. Look at the Bills D this year without him. Tice has the SMALLEST budget for coaching, players etc in the league. Period. He didn't hire the best D cord out there.... he hired the best that would coach for the terrible pay. You'll never put a Super Bowl product on the field with ownership like that. Hate Tice all ya want, but this is a problem that starts at the top. It will always be this way regardless of head coach as long as Red is in the owner's box.

muchluv4smoot
12-26-2004, 01:12 PM
"jackyl" wrote:

He has proven that the players were more important than the system. Look at the Bills D this year without him. Tice has the SMALLEST budget for coaching, players etc in the league. Period. He didn't hire the best D cord out there.... he hired the best that would coach for the terrible pay. You'll never put a Super Bowl product on the field with ownership like that. Hate Tice all ya want, but this is a problem that starts at the top. It will always be this way regardless of head coach as long as Red is in the owner's box.

I don't disagree that red is a big problem, but I will never use red as an excuse for tice. Tice is a moron and a horrible head coach period. I believe denny had the same that tice does, and even denny was able to win 12 or 13 games with lesser coaches and players. So it isn't an excuse for tice, that red is cheap.

You kind of contradicted yourself a little there. Saying the players matter much more than the coordinator, yet then you talk about tice not being able to hire a good D coordinator and that cottrell needs to go. I thought it was the players that mattered the most, not the system? We did just sign winfield to a huge contract, so don't say tice couldn't sign any good D players. Claiborne was also a pretty good D signing a few years back, not a big contract, but a good player at the time.

I just get sick of all the excuses for tice. The guy just isn't getting the job done, period. That is all that matters.

jackyl
12-26-2004, 01:18 PM
I'm not saying Cotrell needs to go. I was saying having him as head coach wouldn't solve anything. No Vikings head coach has ever got the job done, yet there's people on the board calling for Bud to come back. :lol: Red has done worse to this team than Davis has in Oakland. You could bring in a staff of Parcells, Billick, Billicheck and the Vikes would do no more than they have this year with Red acting the same.

muchluv4smoot
12-26-2004, 01:23 PM
"jackyl" wrote:

I'm not saying Cotrell needs to go. I was saying having him as head coach wouldn't solve anything. No Vikings head coach has ever got the job done, yet there's people on the board calling for Bud to come back. :lol: Red has done worse to this team than Davis has in Oakland. You could bring in a staff of Parcells, Billick, Billicheck and the Vikes would do no more than they have this year with Red acting the same.

I don't agree with that at all. We did do much better with denny as our coach and he had absolutely the same to work with as tice has had. Denny actually had less. He was never allowed to pay a huge contract to a D player like tice was for winfield.

Now sure denny didn't win the super bowl, but hey, at least he got us to the playoffs every year.

How often did we underacheive under denny? How many times have we done it under tice?

I think noone will argue that our D this year has so much more talent on it than any of denny's D's. yet what does tice do with all that talent?

Again I will say I hate denny and don't think he is a good coach, but that also helps my arguement that a different coach will do wonders for this team.

jackyl
12-26-2004, 01:27 PM
I think that the D now has more superstar type of players, but I also think that the mid 90's Vikes D was more solid overall. I don't remember it having these kind of holes as this years team did they?

muchluv4smoot
12-26-2004, 01:29 PM
"jackyl" wrote:

I think that the D now has more superstar type of players, but I also think that the mid 90's Vikes D was more solid overall. I don't remember it having these kind of holes as this years team did they?

Those guys were pretty much all veterans on those D's, compared to all the young guys we have no. I mean really, we are starting 3 rookies and a 2nd year player on our D line. These guys will all get better.

But talent wise, this years D has way more than any I can remember for some time now.

jackyl
12-26-2004, 01:31 PM
Yeah I agree that there's more big star potential on this squad. REALLY need to fill the holes though or the stars will be leaving too and going some where where they'll get some help. And that would suck.

bleedpurple
12-26-2004, 07:43 PM
hey we're supposed to be throwing out head coaching canditates.....sooo...

What about current interim head coach at Miami....Jim Bates....he is on his way out....he's cheap and is good at motivating his players and has a history of making good halftime adjustments.....The Dolphins are 2-3 since he got there including a win over the Pats....

zzbudzz
12-27-2004, 01:29 AM
jimmy johnson is NOT GOING to coach anywhere where it gets really cold like ..............minnesota! .......i don't care if it is in a dome. :blackeye: but i wish he would coach us!

whackthepack
12-27-2004, 11:07 AM
It is time for REd to decide if he is the owner or a sales agent, he has left us in limbo for 3 years trying to sell the team.

He has more room under the cap than any team, and his not wanting to take on salary for players or coaches is killing us!

Glen Taylor (owner of the Timberwolves) has a standing offer of around $475,000,000. Red bought the team for less than $300,000,000. And has made a profit every year, but the cheap bastard thinks he can get $600,000,000 for the team even tho nobody has been even close to that # for 3 years.

Glen Taylor pays his players and loses money on the Timberwolves, but he trys to put together a first class team (hint you cheap bastard McCombs)!

Next year we have the money under the cap to go out and get a good safety, corner, left D end and a middle linebacker that can play and not screw up his assignments every other play!

But the cheap bastard will make 30 million profit this year and will hold the team and we will get nothing!

Del Rio
12-27-2004, 11:33 AM
Washingtons D cord.

Or Holmgren.

XTAP59
12-27-2004, 12:09 PM
"kramer9guy" wrote:

Ahh, dare to dream.....
As long as Red is the owner, we will not have a decent head coach.
Lets rephrase your post as who is in the running to buy the Vikings.....

Glen Taylor perhaps,....

RK.
12-27-2004, 02:10 PM
Tice is our coach till Red sells the team. The Seahawks have the same problem we have. Who would you replace Holmgren with? There are no other coachs out there with his experience. He will stay the coach of the Seahawks IMO. Only the disaster teams will be taking a chance on new NFL head coachs this year.

PAvikesfan
12-27-2004, 06:58 PM
candidates don't matter unless Tice gets caught sleeping with Red's wife. disappointing, but maybe he'll prove me wrong. fire lineham at least, PLEASEEEE!

bleedpurple
12-27-2004, 07:39 PM
I'm with ya....please at-the-least fire Linehan....Why can't Tice see this guy has to go!

cajunvike
12-27-2004, 08:14 PM
"PAvikesfan" wrote:

candidates don't matter unless Tice gets caught sleeping with Red's wife. disappointing, but maybe he'll prove me wrong. fire lineham at least, PLEASEEEE!

Whaddaya mean IF Tice is sleeping with Red's wife...that is how Tice is KEEPING his job...providing stud service ('cause Red is a dickless wonder)! :twisted:

Prophet
02-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Fire Tice!

BleedinPandG
02-26-2010, 08:05 AM
Prophet wrote:

Fire Tice!

Dude... out of the archives, now!

We should be hiring Tice, not firing him! How else are we going to get an offensive line that actually lives up to their perceived potential?

Marrdro
02-26-2010, 08:51 AM
Oh By the Way, About That Mid-Season Contract Extension... (http://www.realclearsports.com/blognetwork/vikings_war_cry/2010/02/oh-by-the-way-about-that-mid-season-contract-extension.html)

Prophet
02-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Marrdro wrote:

Oh By the Way, About That Mid-Season Contract Extension... (http://www.realclearsports.com/blognetwork/vikings_war_cry/2010/02/oh-by-the-way-about-that-mid-season-contract-extension.html)

...Blowing games against teams that should be beaten, ultimately comes down to a coach not getting the best out of his team. The Vikings being at, or near at their best week in and week out, should have wound up with the best record in the NFC, should have gone to Miami, and judging by the outcome, should have beaten the Indianapolis Colts to win their first Super Bowl.

The Vikings underachieved, they came up short. The man whose responsibilty it is to prevent underachievment, already received a generous contract extension after the first nine games of the season, perhaps the second nine games were a bit more revealing.

It's probably Caine's b-day sometime, so I'll toss this out there for him. I don't necessarily disagree. If you want to put the blame somewhere on the late season skid it makes sense to point fingers at the HC because a good leader always takes the blame.

They had ample opportunities to lock up the first seed in the NFC and completely blew that opportunity. I did love seeing the pies get completely owned in the playoffs though.

Marrdro
02-26-2010, 09:23 AM
Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

...Blowing games against teams that should be beaten, ultimately comes down to a coach not getting the best out of his team. The Vikings being at, or near at their best week in and week out, should have wound up with the best record in the NFC, should have gone to Miami, and judging by the outcome, should have beaten the Indianapolis Colts to win their first Super Bowl.

The Vikings underachieved, they came up short. The man whose responsibilty it is to prevent underachievment, already received a generous contract extension after the first nine games of the season, perhaps the second nine games were a bit more revealing.

It's probably Caine's b-day sometime, so I'll toss this out there for him. I don't necessarily disagree. If you want to put the blame somewhere on the late season skid it makes sense to point fingers at the HC because a good leader always takes the blame.

They had ample opportunities to lock up the first seed in the NFC and completely blew that opportunity. I did love seeing the pies get completely owned in the playoffs though.
I know I shouldn't, but I'm gonna........

I thought the Noodle was running the show. Shouldn't he get blamed for issues like that? :huh:

Prophet
02-26-2010, 09:36 AM
Marrdro wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

I thought the Noodle was running the show. Shouldn't he get blamed for issues like that? :huh:

On pp.o you can blame anyone you want. I blame Tahi. Still doesn't change that it's a team game and the team wasn't ready to close the deal at end of last year's regular season. The HC should take the brunt of that blame and he has.

Marrdro
02-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

On pp.o you can blame anyone you want. I blame Tahi. Still doesn't change that it's a team game and the team wasn't ready to close the deal at end of last year's regular season. The HC should take the brunt of that blame and he has.
I was trying to be funny. ;)

Prophet
02-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Marrdro wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Offseason blame game:

Marrdro, BLV, singersp, VQ, few others: Favre

Caine: Mark Wilf

Prophet: Tahi

others? this is the place to go on record.

PackSux!
02-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Its all TJack's fault.

Marrdro
02-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Offseason blame game:

Don't limit my issues/blame to just the Noodle my friend......Might cause me to loose some credibility.....

Noodle, Whinny, Big Mac, Ricky Boy, Chiller, Bienimy, Leslie, are all on my "Blame it on them" list.

Marrdro
02-26-2010, 09:59 AM
PackSux! wrote:

Its all TJack's fault.
...snicker.....

Truth be told, I'm actually back on the TJ bandwagon.

HEY, TJ, you reading? Sorry about that SR49 stuff a while back. ;)

Rockmolder
02-26-2010, 10:01 AM
Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Offseason blame game:

That 4th round pick that you guys wasted on Sage could've been Louis Murphy or Johnny Knox. Both playmakers who could've pushed you past the Saints.

I blame Sage Rosenfels.

Prophet
02-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Marrdro wrote:
...Don't limit my issues/blame to just the Noodle my friend......Might cause me to loose some credibility....

Noodle, Whinny, Big Mac, Ricky Boy, Chiller, Bienimy, Leslie, are all on my "Blame it on them" list.

I'm pretty sure that the rules of pp.o state that you can only have one person for your offseason scapegoat.

Marrdro
02-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Rockmolder wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Offseason blame game:

That 4th round pick that you guys wasted on Sage could've been Louis Murphy or Johnny Knox. Both playmakers who could've pushed you past the Saints.

I blame Sage Rosenfels.
I normally would, however, once they aren't on the team anymore I kindof tend to leave them out of all discussions.

In short, Sage won't be include in any of my discussions unless I am talking about seasonings for recipes.

Rockmolder
02-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Marrdro wrote:

Rockmolder wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Offseason blame game:

I blame Sage Rosenfels.
I normally would, however, once they aren't on the team anymore I kindof tend to leave them out of all discussions.

In short, Sage won't be include in any of my discussions unless I am talking about seasonings for recipes.

Sage would've given you a better chance to win right away than TJ. No one knew that Favre would wiggle himself out of that Jets contract. It was the right move back then.

Have fun with those statements. Lol.

Marrdro
02-26-2010, 10:08 AM
Rockmolder wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Rockmolder wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Offseason blame game:

I blame Sage Rosenfels.

Sage would've given you a better chance to win right away than TJ. No one knew that Favre would wiggle himself out of that Jets contract. It was the right move back then.

Sounds like you've been watching ESPN. ;)

Wonder why he was the number 3 instead of 2 all year if he gave us that much better of a chance.......

Rockmolder
02-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Marrdro wrote:

Rockmolder wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Rockmolder wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Offseason blame game:

I blame Sage Rosenfels.

Wonder why he was the number 3 instead of 2 all year if he gave us that much better of a chance.......

I'm Dutch. I can't actually watch ESPN. No talking head theory here. Lol.

I think that Sage would've given you the best chance to win games at that time. He's no great QB by any means, but I do believe that he was better than TJ this season. TJ has/had some growing to do. Sage was more groomed and, I think, could've taken that team somewhere, as well, with a decent supporting cast.

I think that one of the reasons for TJ being the nr. 2 could be so that he could get some playing time. There's a pretty decent chance that, if you have Favre in there, you're not going to use your back-up a lot. If your young QB, who you're trying to groom, can benefit of that by taking some meaningless reps in a real game, gel with his receivers, get a better feel, get his confidence up by dumping it off and just complementing the running game, I'd go for it, as well.

Marrdro
02-26-2010, 10:18 AM
Rockmolder wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Rockmolder wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Rockmolder wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Offseason blame game:

I blame Sage Rosenfels.

I'm Dutch. I can't actually watch ESPN. No talking head theory here. Lol.

I think that Sage would've given you the best chance to win games at that time. He's no great QB by any means, but I do believe that he was better than TJ this season. TJ has/had some growing to do. Sage was more groomed and, I think, could've taken that team somewhere, as well, with a decent supporting cast.

I think that one of the reasons for TJ being the nr. 2 could be so that he could get some playing time. There's a pretty decent chance that, if you have Favre in there, you're not going to use your back-up a lot. If your young QB, who you're trying to groom, can benefit of that by taking some meaningless reps in a real game, gel with his receivers, get a better feel, get his confidence up by dumping it off and just complementing the running game, I'd go for it, as well.
Not discounting your rationale, but it doens't track with me. No way they waste reps on a developmental guys during the regular season.

Because reps are so limited in the regular season, your number 2 better be your second best option cause he is the guy who will get the other reps that your number 1 doesn't get.

In the end, the only way you can look at him being the number 2 is because he was the second best QB. Nothing more, nothing less.

Zeus
02-26-2010, 10:35 AM
Prophet wrote:

Offseason blame game:

I'm on record as blaming the negative Nancy fans who look at every penalty, fumble, missed assignment or bad challenge as a reason to call for a firing, a player cut or a move to Los Angeles.

And Fred Smoot, of course.

=Z=

Marrdro
02-26-2010, 10:37 AM
Zeus wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Offseason blame game:

I'm on record as blaming the negative Nancy fans who look at every penalty, fumble, missed assignment or bad challenge as a reason to call for a firing, a player cut or a move to Los Angeles.

=Z=
Isn't that our role in the grand scheme of things?

Zeus
02-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Marrdro wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Offseason blame game:

I'm more of the camp that a fan should support his/her team, even when things don't go right. Look for the positive, especially when the team in question is a big winner who ends up playing for the NFC Championship.

=Z=

Caine
02-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Zeus wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Offseason blame game:

I'm more of the camp that a fan should support his/her team, even when things don't go right. Look for the positive, especially when the team in question is a big winner who ends up playing for the NFC Championship.

=Z=

Oh, bite it Sally-boy!!

My dislike of Childress is well documented...no need to go into that again. But the article about his mid-season extension certainly highlights the possibility that it was not only premature (As I stated back then) but also undeserved (As I'v stated all along).

But Chiller is just the most visible problem...the REAL problem is Mark Wilf.

I mean, lets face it, what is this guys football IQ? Is it even CLOSE to any one of ours? (Well...except Zeus. That guy knows jack.) Yet, due to his BROTHER being loaded, he actually has a "job" with the Vikings. There he is on the "STAFF" page...second from the top....."Owner/President"

Bullpuckey!!!!

President of the "Please beat me up and call me Sally" club maybe...but of MY Minnesota Viking? I think not, Nancy-boy.

And with a foo-foo like that in a position of authority (real or otherwise),how can you expect our guys to succeed?

Bryant McKinnie is SO ashamed of being associated with a pipsqueek like Mark Wilf that he hides his head in shame on passing plays (Which is why he never sees the opposing End beating his fat ass).

Evry time Adrian Peterson looks up in the stands - which is every time he runs - he sees Mark Wilf and has an unconscious arm spasm....which explans the fumbles. All due to Mark Wilfs whimpiness!!!

Special teams claim that Mark Wilfs whimpiness shatters their concentration so completely that they can't even figure out who the ball was kicked to, much less tackle the idiot. It's a good thin most opposing kick returners trip over their own guys...

And the list goes on....all the fault of MARK WILF!!!!!

So, go ahead and waste your time blaming others for the failurs of the Vikings. I know, it makes you all feel clever and significant. But the trut is, you need look no further than Mark Wilf.

Sure, Zygi is no towering paragon of might and splendor...but at least he went out and made a kazillion dollrs. What did Mark do besides ride his brother's coat tails?

NOTHING!!!

So, blame Mark Wilf....

...and Chiller.

Caine

jargomcfargo
02-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Blame whoever you want.

If the team would have won the late season games they should have, the NFC championship game would have been played at home.

There would have been twelve men on the field the whole time without having to physically send him out there.

Pretty sure things would have gone much smoother.

I fear the Vikings may have shot their wad. Hope not.

Purple Floyd
02-28-2010, 02:49 PM
Marrdro wrote:

PackSux! wrote:

Its all TJack's fault.
...snicker.....

You just won. http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/images.jpeg

PackSux!
02-28-2010, 07:01 PM
Caine wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Offseason blame game:

=Z=

Oh, bite it Sally-boy!!

My dislike of Childress is well documented...no need to go into that again. But the article about his mid-season extension certainly highlights the possibility that it was not only premature (As I stated back then) but also undeserved (As I'v stated all along).

I mean, lets face it, what is this guys football IQ? Is it even CLOSE to any one of ours? (Well...except Zeus. That guy knows jack.) Yet, due to his BROTHER being loaded, he actually has a "job" with the Vikings. There he is on the "STAFF" page...second from the top....."Owner/President"

Bullpuckey!!!!

President of the "Please beat me up and call me Sally" club maybe...but of MY Minnesota Viking? I think not, Nancy-boy.

And with a foo-foo like that in a position of authority (real or otherwise),how can you expect our guys to succeed?

Bryant McKinnie is SO ashamed of being associated with a pipsqueek like Mark Wilf that he hides his head in shame on passing plays (Which is why he never sees the opposing End beating his fat ass).

Evry time Adrian Peterson looks up in the stands - which is every time he runs - he sees Mark Wilf and has an unconscious arm spasm....which explans the fumbles. All due to Mark Wilfs whimpiness!!!

Special teams claim that Mark Wilfs whimpiness shatters their concentration so completely that they can't even figure out who the ball was kicked to, much less tackle the idiot. It's a good thin most opposing kick returners trip over their own guys...

So, go ahead and waste your time blaming others for the failurs of the Vikings. I know, it makes you all feel clever and significant. But the trut is, you need look no further than Mark Wilf.

Sure, Zygi is no towering paragon of might and splendor...but at least he went out and made a kazillion dollrs. What did Mark do besides ride his brother's coat tails?

NOTHING!!!

So, blame Mark Wilf....

...and Chiller.

Caine

You can blame Mark Wilf all you want but in the end it is TJack's fault.

Marrdro
03-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Caine wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Offseason blame game:

=Z=

Oh, bite it Sally-boy!!

Bullpuckey!!!!

NOTHING!!!

So, blame Mark Wilf....

...and Chiller.

Caine
Thats some classic Caine right thar my friends. :laugh:

Marrdro
03-01-2010, 08:47 AM
Purple Floyd wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

PackSux! wrote:

Its all TJack's fault.
...snicker.....

You just won. http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/images.jpeg
Booby prize.....LOL

Prophet
03-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Caine wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Offseason blame game:

=Z=

Oh, bite it Sally-boy!!

Bullpuckey!!!!

NOTHING!!!

So, blame Mark Wilf....

...and Chiller.

Caine

Make some good points, Mark Wilf is bumped up in my mental spread sheet as a scapegoat. I can put him in the #1 slot as soon as Tahi leaves.

Bubba Jed
03-01-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm blaming Darren Sharper.

Zeus
03-01-2010, 04:33 PM
Caine wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Offseason blame game:

Oh, bite it Sally-boy!!

Bullpuckey!!!!

NOTHING!!!

So, blame Mark Wilf....

...and Chiller.

Caine

LOL! How did I miss this when it was originally posted?!?

I bow in your general direction.

=Z=