PDA

View Full Version : A ? to those of you that think we should fire Tice...



triedandtruevikesfan
12-26-2004, 12:12 AM
Just who the hell do you think that we're going to get to replace him? There's not many good coaches available... and those who are... do you really honestly think that RED would spend the money to get them? You tell us positive fans to think realistically blah blah f'ity blah... so now YOU think realisitically for a damn change. At the moment Tice is our best option.

Say we fire him... Red brings in someone that doesn't know the team and the players... for damn near minimum wage. Thats gonna get us real far. So for all of you screaming for Mike's head I want REALISTIC alternatives for a head coach.

XTAP59
12-26-2004, 12:15 AM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

Just who the hell do you think that we're going to get to replace him? There's not many good coaches available... and those who are... do you really honestly think that RED would spend the money to get them? You tell us positive fans to think realistically blah blah f'ity blah... so now YOU think realisitically for a damn change. At the moment Tice is our best option.

Say we fire him... Red brings in someone that doesn't know the team and the players... for damn near minimum wage. Thats gonna get us real far. So for all of you screaming for Mike's head I want REALISTIC alternatives for a head coach.

Theres where we differ.....
I have said time and time again that as long as Red is the owner, he will always go with the cheap. And Tice is the cheap. If Red still owns the team next year, Tice will be offered at least the one year option. If Tice decides to go, look for the OC to get the nod for the cheap.

Red needs to sell the team to someone commited to winning.

triedandtruevikesfan
12-26-2004, 12:18 AM
I don't see where our opinions differ there.... but OK :)

dan3ski
12-26-2004, 12:22 AM
TNT I did nominate you for the job. Tice sucks he has done nothing in 2 yrs to show that he is correcting his mistakes. Saben was a thought but he just committed to the Dolphins but I am sure there are many co-ordinators out there that would love a shot at the job and I might mention Tice was never one so they could be better quaified for the job.

triedandtruevikesfan
12-26-2004, 12:36 AM
OK... but do you think they would come in for peanuts??

dan3ski
12-26-2004, 12:42 AM
I did read an artile that Red did offer the job with big bucks to another coach but he choose to go elsewere. So yes there is a possibility he might pay for a good coach. That article was posted here in this forum I do believe.

triedandtruevikesfan
12-26-2004, 12:45 AM
Fair enough... I stand corrected. It won't sway my opinion though... I do think that Tice is our best bet... but you're more then welcome to think differently!

dan3ski
12-26-2004, 12:46 AM
Also for the record I did start screaming for Tice's head after the last game of last season. So I am sticking to my guns.

cajunvike
12-26-2004, 12:58 AM
I think that we should just all agree that if Red can't find someone who can win us the Super Bowl NEXT YEAR, we should just stick with Tice...as far as his three-year plan goes, he is really just one year off. Nothing first year, just misses playoffs second year, makes playoffs third year (unless by some quirk of fate they don't make it this year) and NEXT YEAR we make the Super Bowl run. So again, unless Red can bring in a coach that will work for what Red is offering AND that can bring us a Super Bowl title, Tice is probably the best option. I know that I am assuming alot (or assu-ing, for those that would prefer that I be the only ass made out of), but it is a possibility that Tice is just a year off on his plan. I do like Tice and hope that he is the one to lead us to the title, but if another coach exists that is a realistic possibility to be a one-year wonder (like Gruden), continuity may be the best option for our team for now. It is really a situation of the fans being in between a rock and a hard place...damned if we do and damned if we don't. All I know is that I will be rooting for the Vikings no matter who is the coach!

snowinapril
12-26-2004, 12:59 AM
I too have been hard on Tice at times. But seriously, we have waited too long to get rid of him. All the good choices are gone.

Red will extend him for PEANUTS and if a Parcells or a Holmgren come up after the season, Red can still give Tice the bag of peanuts and tell him to go feed the elephants at the zoo.

But until someone that Red would have confidence in rears his ugly head, we are best if we go with Tice. I agree with you on that TNT. The trannsisition for another coach we would have to groom would take too long.

Tice has got to get these guys to perform up to their talent level. It is too tasking on the emotions to watch them like this.

ADubya26
12-26-2004, 01:29 AM
Greg Williams, Krennel or Fossil...any one of them would be better. Tice had his three years...and in those three years we have dropped at least 75% of our games in the second half of the season. There is no excuse - this is the NFL not highschool football. Get the best product on the sidelines as well as on the field. I dont think we could do much less with the talent we have - our offense is going to waste every season and i am sick of it.

snowinapril
12-26-2004, 01:36 AM
"ADubya26" wrote:

Greg Williams, Krennel or Fossil...any one of them would be better. Tice had his three years...and in those three years we have dropped at least 75% of our games in the second half of the season. There is no excuse - this is the NFL not highschool football. Get the best product on the sidelines as well as on the field. I dont think we could do much less with the talent we have - our offense is going to waste every season and i am sick of it.

I forgot about Fossil!!!! But the others may be the grooming types.

vikings_fan66
12-26-2004, 01:37 AM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

Fair enough... I stand corrected. It won't sway my opinion though... I do think that Tice is our best bet... but you're more then welcome to think differently!

I agree TNT ...Tice is the man to lead this team

muchluv4smoot
12-26-2004, 12:34 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

Just who the hell do you think that we're going to get to replace him? There's not many good coaches available... and those who are... do you really honestly think that RED would spend the money to get them? You tell us positive fans to think realistically blah blah f'ity blah... so now YOU think realisitically for a damn change. At the moment Tice is our best option.

Say we fire him... Red brings in someone that doesn't know the team and the players... for damn near minimum wage. Thats gonna get us real far. So for all of you screaming for Mike's head I want REALISTIC alternatives for a head coach.



I hate this logic so much. Don't fire a horrible head coach, because we don't think there is anyone to hire. How does that make sense? Tice is clealry not a good coach, so he needs to go. There are plenty of good head coaching candidates out there, for people who know a lot about the game. I heard a bunch of people asking this same question 2 or 3 weeks ago, and look at the coach the dolphins just hired. There is one good coach we could have tried to hire. There are plenty of good coordinators out there, like romeo from NE, and childress from phily. There are also plenty of college coaches we could go after, like stoops. Then there is former NFL coaches out there, like art shell, gregg williams and jim fassell.

Now I know red is cheap, but he did have denny green as his coach for what 10 years? And denny was paid much more than Tice is, so maybe jusy maybe red would pay at least a little bit of money for a decent head coach.

Now, do i see it happening, no. But at the same time, I can bitch all I want about firing tice and hiring a decent coach. Miracles do happen you know.

muchluv4smoot
12-26-2004, 12:37 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"ADubya26" wrote:

Greg Williams, Krennel or Fossil...any one of them would be better. Tice had his three years...and in those three years we have dropped at least 75% of our games in the second half of the season. There is no excuse - this is the NFL not highschool football. Get the best product on the sidelines as well as on the field. I dont think we could do much less with the talent we have - our offense is going to waste every season and i am sick of it.

I forgot about Fossil!!!! But the others may be the grooming types.



Grooming types?? What is Tice? These other grooming type head coaching candidates all have more coaching experience than tice does. They also have better track records and have proven much more than Tice has.