PDA

View Full Version : I give up, Vikes suck

briboy75
12-25-2004, 02:03 AM
I'm fustrated. I no longer have any confidence in the Vikings. Still haven't found who to root for in the playoffs. I'm assuming and now hoping the vikings lose to Washington.. at least it will help when it comes to the draft. The defense has sucked for too long... The window of time to fix the defense while stars the Moss and Culpepper are in thier prime will close if its not seriously addressed soon. I hate to be negative, but I have to vent. Vikes are going no where in the playoffs. Sorry for the rant Go Vikes 2005!

enlvikeman
12-25-2004, 02:09 AM
Where have you been bro?...We have sucked the past three years.

12-25-2004, 03:52 AM
"briboy75" wrote:

I'm fustrated. I no longer have any confidence in the Vikings. Still haven't found who to root for in the playoffs. I'm assuming and now hoping the vikings lose to Washington.. at least it will help when it comes to the draft. The defense has sucked for too long... The window of time to fix the defense while stars the Moss and Culpepper are in thier prime will close if its not seriously addressed soon. I hate to be negative, but I have to vent. Vikes are going no where in the playoffs. Sorry for the rant Go Vikes 2005!

You speak my mind... Especially the go 2005 part.
But on the bright side, we will probably make the playoff, and now that Owens is out, Eagles will choke like they've been doing every other year. The rest of the NFC is weak, if not weaker than us. Hopefully our coaching staff can learn from their bonehead calls and then you never know what might happen.
(Wishful thinking, I know...)

scorptile
12-25-2004, 04:20 AM
you guys can always root for a winning team....*cough* colts*cough*

ultravikingfan
12-25-2004, 07:09 AM
Never wish for a loss if you are truly a Viks fan (don't care what Colts fairweather fans have to say). Viks will get into the playoffs and anything can happen then!

akavikefan1969
12-25-2004, 10:28 AM
Agree Ultra
We have a shot at the playoffs.
Go Vikes give'm hell

ultravikingfan
12-25-2004, 11:31 AM
Does anybody ever notice something different about the Playoffs? The teams play hard, very hard! One loss, your out; unlike the regular season. There is still hope!

bleedpurple
12-25-2004, 11:51 AM
way to be optimistic but if our defense plays like theyve been playing....it sucks

parsongeorge
12-25-2004, 11:53 AM
"404" wrote:

"briboy75" wrote:

But on the bright side, we will probably make the playoff, and now that Owens is out, Eagles will choke like they've been doing every other year. The rest of the NFC is weak, if not weaker than us. Hopefully our coaching staff can learn from their bonehead calls and then you never know what might happen.
(Wishful thinking, I know...) I no longer have any hope for the vikings this year :salute:

ultravikingfan
12-25-2004, 01:38 PM
"briboy75" wrote:

Do us a favor and find a new team Benedict "fairweather" Arnold. If you cannot figure that analogy out, look it it! We do not need people like you as a fan when you choose to be!

Wyndy11
12-25-2004, 09:46 PM
A true fan is fan no matter what. A true Norseman wouldn't tuck tail and run. Where is your pride, where is your honor, where is your loyalty?

cajunvike
12-26-2004, 01:14 AM
"parsongeorge" wrote:

"404" wrote:

"briboy75" wrote:

(Wishful thinking, I know...) I no longer have any hope for the vikings this year :salute:

See you losers next season when you all jump back on the bandwagon...as for me, I am gonna tough it out and root for a five game winning streak to start next week for the Vikings...Lord knows that they have the talent to do it, if they can only get it together, my wish will come true! GO VIKES IN 2004 (and EARLY 2005) !!! :cheers:

vikings_fan66
12-26-2004, 01:20 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"briboy75" wrote:

Do us a favor and find a new team Benedict "fairweather" Arnold. If you cannot figure that analogy out, look it it! We do not need people like you as a fan when you choose to be!

Totally agree Ultra....stick through thick and thin ...... I will always be a vikings fan

briboy75
12-26-2004, 01:21 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"briboy75" wrote:

I never said I'm not a fan. I'm not a fairweather fan either. I go to all the games I can afford to go to (including the one on Christmas Eve), and I never miss a game on TV. I love the vikings. I assume your comment is directed at my remark about hoping the Vikings lose. I think the vikings losing would be better for the team in the long run. I don't care if it means they don't make the playoffs. They don't play like a playoff team right now. I don't buy the "anything can happen in the playoffs" argument. Not to a team this bad. We need a real defense first. Again.. Go Vikes 2005!

briboy75
12-26-2004, 01:22 AM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

Where have you been bro?...We have sucked the past three years.

That may be true, but until now, I've had confidence they could turn the defense around.

Toss2Moss84
12-26-2004, 01:29 AM
The bandwagon is starting to get lighter now, hopefully the Vikes can pick up the pace with all that "dead weight" from all the bandwagoneers gone.

SKOL
12-26-2004, 01:52 AM
"Wyndy11" wrote:

A true fan is fan no matter what. A true Norseman wouldn't tuck tail and run. Where is your pride, where is your honor, where is your loyalty?

LOL wyndy that's tellin' em. I won't give up and start looking forward to next year until the fat lady sings (another 'norse' saying), and that hasn't happened yet. SKOL Vikes, and SKOL all you NON-BANDWAGON fans !! :cheers:

Vikes
12-26-2004, 06:24 PM
"briboy75" wrote:

Well I hate to quit!!! But the Vikes are going to lose Moss in a season or too. Pepper will be asking out at some point as well. The Vikes will not be a team until a new owner that cares is in place. I'm still hoping we beat Washington but it's kinda sad thinking how much talent this team has an it blows it.

MEN WE STAY THE COURSE!

VikingsTw
12-26-2004, 06:28 PM
I dont see culpepper or moss asking to leave the team, the cap penalty would be massive. I dont thinks it gonna happen, we dont need to get rid of those guys to be succesful, we got 30 mill to get some guys on the defense.

rjkvikings
12-26-2004, 06:30 PM
"Wyndy11" wrote:

I agree. As for me, on my first day back to school, I will be wearing my Vikings jersey, brand new Viking socks, brand new Viking boxers, and to top it off, my Vikings Santa hat that I got at the game! All this even if the Vikes do lose to the Skins.

ItalianStallion
12-26-2004, 07:37 PM
Moss still has like 4 years left on his contract and Dautne has something like 8. They are not going anywhere.

BBQ Platypus
12-26-2004, 07:44 PM
I chose a team. I'm sticking with that team. I'm wearing my KWill jersey every day, and will have to be forced to wash it, even if the Vikings lose. Almost all of us have lost faith, but real fans will NEVER lose hope.

The Vikings HAVE the talent to win. Who knows? They just might find their cojones in time for the playoffs.

Shame on all of you cowards for giving up on the Vikes while there were still some games left to play.

scorptile
12-26-2004, 08:22 PM
lol yes im a colts fan but i was just sayin if your going bandwagon jumpin just join everyone else that is jumpin on the colts bandwagon...lol...but good game vikes you'll get them next year..oh but wait vikes makes the playoffs may have to play the pack at lambeau...so goodluck...and also manning has 49 now...hahhahahah

Wyndy11
12-26-2004, 08:31 PM
I will wear my hat, jersey and my all the rest of the new stuff I picked up at the game on Christmas eve proudly Monday when I go back to work. Hell I live 40 miles from GB. I don't care.

ultravikingfan
12-26-2004, 08:56 PM
"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

I chose a team. I'm sticking with that team. I'm wearing my KWill jersey every day, and will have to be forced to wash it, even if the Vikings lose. Almost all of us have lost faith, but real fans will NEVER lose hope.

The Vikings HAVE the talent to win. Who knows? They just might find their cojones in time for the playoffs.

Shame on all of you cowards for giving up on the Vikes while there were still some games left to play.

Take note some of you, this guy is a fan! :salute:
On a side note, Manning and all of his TD's are not going to go far in the Playoffs (ha ha to you!)

cajunvike
12-26-2004, 09:06 PM
"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

Welcome aboard the greatest sports fan site ever! A true Viking fan is always welcome here...and you have definitely proven that you belong here! Stick around, we might just get what we all wish for!

DemonicViking
12-26-2004, 11:12 PM
I think some people need to realize that it is OK for one to vent their frustration after a loss, that's what happens when you're passionate about your team. Sometimes people might say something they don't mean but I wouldn't go as far as saying I'd quit being a Vikings fan and I'd still hope for the best even though things appear bleak. You also don't dwell on a loss, however it kind of irks me when someone says "who cares" "oh it's no big deal" after the Vikings lose a significant game like this past friday, if that's the case, then I suppose beating your divison rival and taking the divison itself wouldn't mean anything then, huh? No, the season is still not over for us. A Rams loss gets us in the playoffs, even so, I'm still hoping we can finish on a positive note next week and continue on strong in the post season from there .

CT Viking Man
12-26-2004, 11:44 PM
Hopefully the Eagles can do us a favor and beat the Rams tomorrow night. It will make this week all more easier knowing the playoffs await. No matter what I'll be in front of the TV just like every other Vikings game this year. We need to get this pressure off next weeks game. I'll be a nervous wreck all week if not. After last year I knew the Vikes would bounce back and get into the playoffs. However, also being a Red Sox fan has led me to not be too optimistic.

If the Vikes need to go into next week with a win over the Skins to get to the playoffs may be a great thing. A win and last years collapse will all be forgotten.

scorptile
12-27-2004, 02:50 AM
oh...everyone says that but the espn experts, the cbs experts and alot of the fans....only a few says it and patriots fans alike...but i have to disagree with you there...the colts will go far....they have something this year that not even the vikings have...and that is the will and heart to win a game...when the game is on the line and down by 8 points with less then 4 minutes left the vikings would choke...they have done it several times or score so quick that it gives the other team time enough to score and win the game...hhmm sound familiar?? plus if you notice when the game needs it the colts defense steps up and does what it needs to do...chargers qb drew brees hadnt thrown an INT in several games and hasnt thrown one in a crucial 4th quarter either...the colts have the most underated defense in the league right now and has proven that even against the better offenses they can stop them at crucial points to get the ball backto the offense to win the game....unlike the vikings who couldnt stop even a packer offense from driving down for a field goal to win that game on xmas eve...it is fact and everyone knows it...