PDA

View Full Version : To some of you so-called fans...

ultravikingfan
12-24-2004, 07:17 PM
I am a bit disturbed by the fact that with every big loss our team just sucks! You want to throw away your Viks stuff, cheer for another team, or hope we lose our remaining games. What kind of fan were you in the first place? Look, we lost a hard one today. You are sick, I am sick. We are both angry. But, have some composer and a spine. Tommarro is another day. We will rebound eventually. I bet a lot of you did not have to live through the upsets of the '70s. I was a little too young. But, the faithful are still alive thirsty for a Super Bowl.

If you can't take the bad with the good, do us a favor and jump ship! The Vikings have the best and most intelligent fans in the world!

VikingsTw
12-24-2004, 07:18 PM
I Second that whole post!

john fleming
12-24-2004, 07:32 PM
Tomorrow is another day? Who are you Mary Poppins...This team has no Discipline!!! You would of thought after that defensive touchdown we won the superbowl...At that point Coach Tice should of got a hold of his team...Noooo he was celebrating like he was one of the players...that's fine for a O-line coach...But Not For A LEADER!!! He needs to separate himself from the good ol' boys...He needs to lead!!!! Tice will be a good head coach someday..but not yet...we need a leader...there is too much talent on this teams to lose like we do!!!!

Vikestand
12-24-2004, 08:00 PM
Bad with the good....Point the good out in this???...I have followed this team forever and always will but jesus christ how many times do we have to put up with this crap...

ultravikingfan
12-24-2004, 08:09 PM
"john fleming" wrote:

Tomorrow is another day? Who are you Mary Poppins...This team has no Discipline!!! You would of thought after that defensive touchdown we won the superbowl...At that point Coach Tice should of got a hold of his team...Noooo he was celebrating like he was one of the players...that's fine for a O-line coach...But Not For A LEADER!!! He needs to separate himself from the good ol' boys...He needs to lead!!!! Tice will be a good head coach someday..but not yet...we need a leader...there is too much talent on this teams to lose like we do!!!!

Your response has nothing to do with what I wrote.

cajunvike
12-24-2004, 08:20 PM
Keep fighting the good fight, ultra...it will pay off for us one day (sooner than some think)!!!

ultravikingfan
12-24-2004, 08:34 PM
Oh I will! My wife has a hard time understanding the passion I have for the Viks! I want so much to move back to MN. I would be at every single game, money is not a consideration.

enlvikeman
12-24-2004, 08:59 PM
Damn straight... If you don't have the skin needed to be a faithful vikings fan go put a block of cheese on your head.

ultravikingfan
12-24-2004, 09:11 PM
For the unfaithful, thin skinned!

http://www.kryptonitekollectibles.com/images/prod/cheesehead.jpg

uncle tony
12-24-2004, 09:50 PM
Your ULTRA should be in bold letters. This is a hard pill to take. But I'll take it, and cheer them on next week. Let's all keep the faith.

Vikestand
12-24-2004, 09:59 PM
If this is a pill...Its a horse pill...

bender_over
12-25-2004, 05:14 AM
I think the reason this season is so tough is due in part to the fact that the NFC is so weak that when you lose a few games you're thinking, 'hey if we can put a few wins together...'

Every time it looks like the Vikes are out of it, other NFC teams show how putrid they are and you hold onto hope a little longer.

*We start out 5-1, looking good.

*Lose 3 straight, showing how vulnerable we are without Moss.

*Win two big home games while the Packers are on their hot streak.

*Lose the two worst games of the year with some really brutal playcalling in both the Chicago and Seattle games.

*Bad snap gives us the game against Detroit and the Packers lose to a Florida team at home in December, setting up a game at home against our biggest rivals with the division on the line. It seems everybody in the press is saying the bad snap is a sign that things could be bouncing the Vikings way this season when they obviously didn't down the stretch last year. Also as a side note, T.O. getting hurt gives hope to the rest of the NFC that the Eagles won't just walk through the playoffs to the Super Bowl.

*The biggest game in the history of the Packer-Vikings rivalry and the biggest game for this franchise in the last four seasons is just out of our grasp.
----------------------------------------------------------
I really don't think you can blame people for coming on here venting their anger, displeasure, and what have you. Afterall, it's less than 24 hours after we lose a tough one at home against our most hated rival with the NFC North on the line.

Whether we beat Washington or Carolina or St. Louis lose some time in the next two weeks, which is probably more likely, you'll see people on this board optimistic going into the playoffs. We'll probably travel to Seattle and could pull it off on the road, although we couldn't beat them at home when they were at their lowest point in the season. But even if we do win a road playoff game in the first round, we'll be screwed having to travel to Philadelphia in the Division Round.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Sorry about the long post but that's just my take on the season. I do agree with you about fans who say they aren't going to be Vikings fans any more or say they'll sell their Vikes gear. It's just like fans who still use the baseball strike as their reason why they don't watch baseball anymore. They weren't really fans in the first place.

Freya
12-25-2004, 07:05 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I am a bit disturbed by the fact that with every big loss our team just sucks! You want to throw away your Viks stuff, cheer for another team, or hope we lose our remaining games. What kind of fan were you in the first place? Look, we lost a hard one today. You are sick, I am sick. We are both angry. But, have some composer and a spine. Tommarro is another day. We will rebound eventually. I bet a lot of you did not have to live through the upsets of the '70s. I was a little too young. But, the faithful are still alive thirsty for a Super Bowl.

If you can't take the bad with the good, do us a favor and jump ship! The Vikings have the best and most intelligent fans in the world!

WELL SAID!!! :cheers:

Wyndy11
12-25-2004, 08:22 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Go Ultra!!!!

I was at that game yesterday, I was amazed at how many so called fans just sat there not cheering. Lyssabell and I stood for most of the game screaming. Needless to say we didn't have much for voices on the long ride home.

packmanxxxi
12-25-2004, 09:16 AM
Why did this surprise you?

snowinapril
12-25-2004, 02:38 PM
The game was awesome, the finish sucked. Our D scored a TD. We scored 2 TDs on 2 consecutive offensive plays.

Our team is too laid back and lacks a sense of urgency. We had other opportunities in the game that we didn't take advantage of. We Lost!

I am still proud of our team. It is frustrating to lose and it is also frustrating to under achieve. I will be a fan win or lose. If your attitude is any different than that, you need to ask yourself why are you here at PurplePride.org?

Skol Vikes

ultravikingfan
12-25-2004, 02:59 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

The game was awesome, the finish sucked. Our D scored a TD. We scored 2 TDs on 2 consecutive offensive plays.

Our team is too laid back and lacks a sense of urgency. We had other opportunities in the game that we didn't take advantage of. We Lost!

I am still proud of our team. It is frustrating to lose and it is also frustrating to under achieve. I will be a fan win or lose. If your attitude is any different than that, you need to ask yourself why are you here at PurplePride.org?

Skol Vikes

Exaclty! Could have not been better stated!!! SKOL :salute:

muchluv4smoot
12-25-2004, 08:10 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Our team doesn't suck. Our coach on the other hand? I would love to see what this team could do with soem of the other head coaches in this league, coach us. We could be a 12 or 13 win team, with a good coach.

But, if for some crazy reason Tice does stay our coach, like his cheap contract, I will still be a very loyal fan of the vikes. I will however have absolutely no high expectations of the team and will point out as much as I possibly can, how horrible of a coach tice is. That, however, doesn't make me a bad fan. Just a passionate fan who is sick of being average with all this damn talent on our team.

XTAP59
12-25-2004, 11:04 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

lived through the 4 super bowls.
Now, to respond to your post.
Why would you be disturbed? We all know the defense is horrendous. No amount of us fans cheering or yelling will help it. Only Red McCombs can cure that illness. He needs to spend the allotted cap money to put the best team we can on the field. Instead, he pockets the extra cap money.

Second, sometimes it takes a big man to admit that there is a problem in purple town. Blindly hoping that Tice will somehow wake up in the morning with the smarts to be a head coach is merely a bad dream. He is learning at our expense.

The fans are frustrated. And they have good reason. Does that mean they throw away all their Viking stuff? For some maybe. For me, I will continue to be a die hard Viking fan with hope that Red sells the team to an owner committed to winning.

Skol Vikings

dan3ski
12-25-2004, 11:38 PM
I did survive the teams of the seventies I even lost money by betting on them against the Dolphins (but it was not alot). Those teams though were only favored to win one SB. The last three they went to the preseason reports all said "rebuild Bud Grant rebuild" yet they won the NFC. This team has plenty of talent but not the smarts of an Alan Page led defense. As for Duante he is not even close to Tarkentons smarts ( he was a math genius). So sorry to say this team dissapoints.

briboy75
12-26-2004, 12:28 AM
"Wyndy11" wrote:

I was at that game yesterday, I was amazed at how many so called fans just sat there not cheering. Lyssabell and I stood for most of the game screaming. Needless to say we didn't have much for voices on the long ride home.

Were you at the same game I was at? The place was nuts! My throat is still sore.

briboy75
12-26-2004, 12:33 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Why don't you quit telling people how to cheer for thier team?.. This team has disapointed us for a long time. Just because I'm disappointed, doesn't mean I'm not a fan. It is ok for a fan to use intelligence when evaluating thier team instead of blindly being optimistic for every single thing the team does.

vikings_fan66
12-26-2004, 12:35 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Well put Ultra. couldnt have put it better myself. GO VIKES GO

Toss2Moss84
12-26-2004, 12:44 AM
These so-called fans throwing away and giving up must not be true Vikings fans. Us REAL fans have lived through the years and made it through the heartache. It's just gonna make it all the sweeter when we win the big one having lived through disappointment after disappointment. We'll see all you so-called Vikings fans in our day of glory when you come back to being pretenders but for now have fun rooting for the Eagles.

ultravikingfan
12-26-2004, 01:58 AM
"briboy75" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Why don't you quit telling people how to cheer for thier team?.. This team has disapointed us for a long time. Just because I'm disappointed, doesn't mean I'm not a fan. It is ok for a fan to use intelligence when evaluating thier team instead of blindly being optimistic for every single thing the team does.

Why don't you stop whining about how bad they suck! It is the same crap from the same guys every single loss. Do you post when we win? When did you ever use any intelligence in your posts? Using the term "suck" isn't quite a proper analysis and evaluation of our loss. If you didn't have anything to bitch about, you would probably be miserable.
PS: Blindly optimistic, never. Just faithful and positive (with thick skin)