PDA

View Full Version : The "Holding" call

CanuckVike
12-24-2004, 06:57 PM
WEll...that was another gut wrencher! But anyway...what does everyone think of that holding call on Birk? We would of been on there 39 yard line! That play ended up being a 35-40 yard turn around! That "hold" looked like almost any average legal block that I've ever seen...boy that sure did end up being a big point in the game because when it comes to our D being on the field to end the game...it's over!!! We sure have our share of penalty breaks against some teams...but never against the Pack it seems! But, Kudos to Favre for doing what he had to do against our silly defense.

mrdrae
12-24-2004, 06:58 PM
Refs again huh?

VikingsTw
12-24-2004, 07:00 PM
Yeah it was a bad call but it over and done with, i was pissed when i saw it, that kind of thing happpens every other play, for them to call that was cowardly, when you cant call amhad carroll for holding nate but you can call a week holding call, thats inconsistancy and bad reffing.

BUT we kicked our own a$$, not cool.

VikingsTw
12-24-2004, 07:01 PM
"mrdrae" wrote:

Refs again huh?

I'm not blaming our loss on that call at all, we got BEAT no excuses but i had to vent on my feelings on the call.

bleedpurple
12-24-2004, 07:03 PM
I agree...it kind of reminds me of the Philly game

dan3ski
12-24-2004, 07:04 PM
Gee do you think it had anything to do with Tice's tirade at the end of the first half. If I was a ref I would have been pissed off at being berated for what I thought was a realistic move.

Webby
12-24-2004, 07:08 PM
Tice was correct at that piss poor action by the ref. But, we kicked our own butts. Fair and square. Against a team just as average as us. Damn.

NeoVikesTX
12-24-2004, 07:11 PM
That holding call did look questionable to me also. Looked like a pretty clean block, shouldn't have been called that late in the 4th quarter with the game tied up.

But, in the end, our defense did not step up in the clutch.

dan3ski
12-24-2004, 07:13 PM
Just think about it though First and twenty five....."lets run the ball, hmmmmmmm second and twenty five .....lets run the ball hmmmmmm gee those plays did not work maybe we should pass?. Guess what on first and twenty five I think a pass play might have worked but on second and twenty five I really would have to call a pass play. DUH!

cajunvike
12-24-2004, 07:27 PM
The refs in any given game could call holding on any and every play...they just chose to call it on that particular play...thanks refs.

john fleming
12-24-2004, 08:36 PM
Knowing our defense...We should of went for it on 4 and 4!!! who agrees with that?

VikingsTw
12-24-2004, 09:29 PM
ME, as soon as i seen we were punting i was pissed off. Defense hasnt stoped them all day, you got dependable moe, your only gonna gain 20 or 30 yards on the punt, just do it.

SKOL
12-24-2004, 09:31 PM
"john fleming" wrote:

Knowing our defense...We should of went for it on 4 and 4!!! who agrees with that?

That's what I was thinking too. I figured a punt would go in the endzone and we'd have a twenty yard net.