PDA

View Full Version : Brzezinski next in line?

singersp
04-04-2008, 07:31 AM
Brzezinski next in line (http://blogs.twincities.com/Vikings/2008/04/brzezinski_next.html)

blogs.twincities.com

With Rick Spielman finalizing an extension, and head coach Brad Childress under contract for three more seasons, where do the Vikings stand with Rob Brzezinski?

Marrdro
04-04-2008, 07:59 AM
Ever want to see a definition for the name "Yutz".
Take a look at Chucks comments.....

chuck:
Rib should leave. He is a joke and a BIG reason why the vikes can't win. If people only knew this guy was a spinless backstabber - they would burn his house down!

digital420
04-04-2008, 08:26 AM
i think it would be a very very wise move to keep Robby B in the Viking front office.

he is by far one of the Best at his job, and i for one would like to see him running things several years down the road.

DiGiTaL

VikingMike
04-04-2008, 08:32 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

chuck:
Rib should leave. He is a joke and a BIG reason why the vikes can't win. If people only knew this guy was a spinless backstabber - they would burn his house down!

LMAO...took him a little more than 3 hours to come to his senses (probably when the buzz wore off). ;D

chuck:
actually nevermind, don't listen to me. I'm dumb and don't know what I'm talking about

Vikes_King
04-04-2008, 04:38 PM
"VikingMike" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

chuck:

LMAO...took him a little more than 3 hours to come to his senses (probably when the buzz wore off). ;D

chuck:
actually nevermind, don't listen to me. I'm dumb and don't know what I'm talking about

haha at least he corrected him self.

Robby B is a huge part of this team!

cajunvike
04-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Give the man his money!!!

i_bleed_purple
04-04-2008, 06:11 PM
If there is anyone on the vikings staff who deserves an extension its Brzezinski.
He's the reason that we're in such good cap position year after year, allowing us to go out there and sign that hugely overpriced FA contract.

DustinDupont
04-05-2008, 12:17 AM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

If there is anyone on the vikings staff who deserves an extension its Brzezinski.
He's the reason that we're in such good cap position year after year, allowing us to go out there and sign that hugely overpriced FA contract.

that is so true, give the guy the money!

Marrdro
04-05-2008, 07:29 AM
"DustinDupont" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Although I agree with you in that he does give the players good contracts at a good value for both the player and the organization, lets see how you feel about the middle of the season and Birk isn't extended.

You gonna be blaming him, Spielman or the Chiller?
::)

jessejames09
04-05-2008, 07:41 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Although I agree with you in that he does give the players good contracts at a good value for both the player and the organization, lets see how you feel about the middle of the season and Birk isn't extended.

So you mean lets see how you feel when about the middle of the season when Birk isn't resigned and 'Bryzcheapski' comes back out? Because I could see us not resigning a 30 something year old center.

And no one man makes the decision marrdro. We would have to collectively blame chilly, spiel, and bryz for letting him walk ;D.

NordicNed
04-05-2008, 07:57 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Marr,
I would first start by blaming BIRK himself!
He's forgotten how to get his job done and he's been a bit of a slacker if you ask me....He just hasn't been right since his surgerys....

Marrdro
04-05-2008, 07:45 PM
"NordicNed" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Marr,

He's forgotten how to get his job done and he's been a bit of a slacker if you ask me....He just hasn't been right since his surgerys....

Birk should have some of the blame I guess when you put it that way but ultimately it is the organization as a whole who will be the ones who bring him back or not.

Coaches will evaluate his play and role with the team.
Player Personnel people will determine if his role can be replaced by someone else
Bryzcheapski will offer a contract that is in line with what the two other legs of the triad say.

Birk will either agree and sign his contract or disagree and believe he is worth more and then move on to another team.

vikinggreg
04-05-2008, 07:53 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"NordicNed" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Marr,

Birk should have some of the blame I guess when you put it that way but ultimately it is the organization as a whole who will be the ones who bring him back or not.

Player Personnel people will determine if his role can be replaced by someone else
Bryzcheapski will offer a contract that is in line with what the two other legs of the triad say.

Birk will either agree and sign his contract or disagree and believe he is worth more and then move on to another team.

There is also the chance the team decides to tag him for another season

Chazz
04-05-2008, 08:13 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"NordicNed" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

Marr,

They could...but I find that highly unlikely.

Marrdro
04-06-2008, 06:47 AM
"Chazz" wrote:

"vikinggreg" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"NordicNed" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Marr,

They could...but I find that highly unlikely.

Yea I gotta agree with Chazz on that one.
I don't see them using a tag on anyone next year and that includes Matt.

singersp
04-06-2008, 08:11 AM
"NordicNed" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Marr,

I don't think he's been slacking at all. Affected by his injury & age perhaps, but to say he's not going out there & giving 100% is IMO, off base.

Even after his surgery, Birk was on the sidelines helping the team, especially the replacement center in any way he could.

Even at less than what were used to seeing out of Birk, he's still one of the best centers in the league.

We as Viking fans have been spoiled with always having damn good starting centers. Tinglehoff, Lowdermilk, Christy & Birk have all been damn good centers.

MaxVike
04-06-2008, 08:27 AM
Hopefully Brzezinski doesn't go anywhere.
He has been a major contributor in setting the table for the cap freedom we've had and the luxury to be creative in Free Agency...which, allowed us to iterate the building of the team by addressing two glaring weaknesses in the offseason.
Give the man his money.