PDA

View Full Version : My email to Sen John Marty



NodakPaul
04-03-2008, 08:44 AM
Senator Marty (DFL-Roseville) is the senator leading the charge against public funds for a Vikings stadium.
I recently sent him the below email asking for clarification on his position with the Vikings.
I encourage everyone else to do the same, cc'ing your specific representative as well.
Keep it professional, but make sure your voice is heard.
His email is sen.john.marty@senate.mn.


Good morning Mr. Marty,

I am writing to you in response to your decision to sponsor
the move removing the MSFC study from the Senate tax measure yesterday.
I believe I understand your reasoning for doing so – such a study would provide the Vikings and MSFC an audience to the senate proper without having to go through committee.
I can live with the removal of the study – but I am concerned about the message it sends to the people of Minnesota as well as the Vikings.
I was hoping I could clarify your position on the future of the Vikings in Minnesota.

Are you of the opinion that the state should not pay for any portion of the stadium?
If so, why?
Both the tangible and intangible benefits of keeping a professional football team in Minnesota should be fairly obvious, as it the fact that the Metrodome does not provide an adequate venue for the Vikings to play in.
While I respectfully disagree with your view on using public funds, I think we can both agree that without a new stadium, the future of the Vikings in Minnesota is in jeopardy.
I would think that some kind of effort by the state, even a minimal one, to keep the Vikings in Minnesota would be appropriate.
Yet you seem to be steadfastly against any public help what so ever.
Please help me understand why you believe it would be better to lose a business with a $100 million+ annual payroll than use some public funds to keep it in state.

If I am misunderstanding your intent toward the Vikings, I apologize.
If this is the case, please explain to me your plan for a new stadium in Minnesota.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your response.

Marrdro
04-03-2008, 08:48 AM
Great stuff NP.
Keep us informed of his response, if any.

NodakPaul
04-03-2008, 08:51 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


Great stuff NP.
Keep us informed of his response, if any.


I will.
To be honest, I do not expect any kind of response, as I am not a resident of his district (or his state for that matter).
But I hope to encourage other PP.Oers, some of who are residents of his district, to email him as well.

Marrdro
04-03-2008, 08:54 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


Great stuff NP.
Keep us informed of his response, if any.


I will.
To be honest, I do not expect any kind of response, as I am not a resident of his district (or his state for that matter).
But I hope to encourage other PP.Oers, some of who are residents of his district, to email him as well.

Because I don't live there anymore or pay thier damn taxes (which I kindof enjoy) I won't send him anything, but I am gonna start gearing up for our elected officials to start the push for another team if the Vikes become avail.

One day my friend, we will get one.
Really thought we were gonna get the "Nationals" a few years back.

snowinapril
04-03-2008, 09:07 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


Great stuff NP.
Keep us informed of his response, if any.


I will.
To be honest, I do not expect any kind of response, as I am not a resident of his district (or his state for that matter).
But I hope to encourage other PP.Oers, some of who are residents of his district, to email him as well.

Because I don't live there anymore or pay thier gol 'darnit taxes (which I kindof enjoy) I won't send him anything, but I am gonna start gearing up for our elected officials to start the push for another team if the Vikes become avail.

One day my friend, we will get one.
Really thought we were gonna get the "Nationals" a few years back.


Good point Mar!

The people of MN need to realize there are others like yourself that will pay for a team and will have the enthusiasm to voice their need and want for a team of their own.
Speak now MN, stop being so complacent.


I find this funny that the three people that are talking about this are from Virginia, North Dakota and Tex-ass.
Well, I should not leave out AWZ and Singersp as participants, they are living in MN.

Zeus
04-03-2008, 09:08 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


Great stuff NP.
Keep us informed of his response, if any.


I will.
To be honest, I do not expect any kind of response, as I am not a resident of his district (or his state for that matter).
But I hope to encourage other PP.Oers, some of who are residents of his district, to email him as well.

Because I don't live there anymore or pay thier gol 'darnit taxes (which I kindof enjoy) I won't send him anything, but I am gonna start gearing up for our elected officials to start the push for another team if the Vikes become avail.

One day my friend, we will get one.
Really thought we were gonna get the "Nationals" a few years back.


Good point Mar!

The people of MN need to realize there are others like yourself that will pay for a team and will have the enthusiasm to voice their need and want for a team of their own.
Speak now MN, stop being so complacent.


I find this funny that the three people that are talking about this are from Virginia, North Dakota and Tex-ass.
Well, I should not leave out AWZ and Singersp as participants, they are living in MN.


I just don't see this as big of a crisis as others do.
It's an election year.


=Z=

snowinapril
04-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Notice, I said the people need to realize, not the legislators.
The squeaky wheels need to start squeaking or the legislators aren't going to break out the grease.
What do you think Marty's line is going to be....... "I am doing what the people want?"

They think that the people must not want this to happen or they would be more aggressive towards getting this done.

Marrdro
04-03-2008, 09:16 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"NodakPaul" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


Great stuff NP.
Keep us informed of his response, if any.


I will.
To be honest, I do not expect any kind of response, as I am not a resident of his district (or his state for that matter).
But I hope to encourage other PP.Oers, some of who are residents of his district, to email him as well.

Because I don't live there anymore or pay thier gol 'darnit taxes (which I kindof enjoy) I won't send him anything, but I am gonna start gearing up for our elected officials to start the push for another team if the Vikes become avail.

One day my friend, we will get one.
Really thought we were gonna get the "Nationals" a few years back.


Good point Mar!

The people of MN need to realize there are others like yourself that will pay for a team and will have the enthusiasm to voice their need and want for a team of their own.
Speak now MN, stop being so complacent.


I find this funny that the three people that are talking about this are from Virginia, North Dakota and Tex-jiggly butt.
Well, I should not leave out AWZ and Singersp as participants, they are living in MN.

I think that alot of the complacency is stemmed from the fact that most believe the only place the Vikes could go would be LA and that is almost a no go for the same reasons the MN government is dragging thier feet.

If they only knew that there are actually other locations that have the elected officials/populace that are dying to get a team of any kind they might start rethinking thier stance.

Could we land an NFL team? I doubt it as we would have to do a pretty big sales pitch to convince the NFL that a team here wouldn't impact the Skins and the Panthers, however, the Ravens don't seem to be causing any harm and they are alot closer.

Gonna be fun to watch if in fact the elected officials and voting public of MN screw the pooch on this one.
;D

Prophet
04-03-2008, 09:20 AM
It should be The Honorable.....you screwed up on your etiquette, no credibility for you.

NodakPaul
04-03-2008, 09:32 AM
"Prophet" wrote:


It should be The Honorable.....you screwed up on your etiquette, no credibility for you.


Actually his title can properly be Honorable, Senator, or Mr.
And since I don't consider him very honorable, I chose Mr... :)

PacNWVike
04-03-2008, 10:04 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


Great stuff NP.
Keep us informed of his response, if any.


I will.
To be honest, I do not expect any kind of response, as I am not a resident of his district (or his state for that matter).
But I hope to encourage other PP.Oers, some of who are residents of his district, to email him as well.


Good job Nodak.
More people should take the time to engage their elected officials as the squeaky wheel gets the oil.
If he has class, you'll receive a response.
Please share what happens.
Skol!

snowinapril
04-03-2008, 11:13 AM
I also took some time to write a email to Marty and cc'd the local reps that represent my parents.

This isn't a game, this is politics.

snowinapril
04-03-2008, 12:08 PM
If you decide to email a senator, check this list first.
Some will only respond if you use the form email they provide on the site.

http://www.senate.mn/members/member_list.php


Dear Friend,

Thank you for contacting me through the Minnesota Senate's electronic
mail system.
I regret to inform you that because of the volume of email
I have received, I am only able to respond to messages that are sent
electronically from the message form on the Senate Web site at:

Marrdro
04-03-2008, 12:15 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:


If you decide to email a senator, check this list first.
Some will only respond if you use the form email they provide on the site.

http://www.senate.mn/members/member_list.php


Dear Friend,

Thank you for contacting me through the Minnesota Senate's electronic
mail system.
I regret to inform you that because of the volume of email
I have received, I am only able to respond to messages that are sent
electronically from the message form on the Senate Web site at:



Damn bureaucratic red tape.


Probably want you to follow the generic message format so they can plug your stuff into some sort of DB that they will use later to persucute you for life for going against thier notions.
:o

mountainviking
04-03-2008, 01:44 PM
I sent him my 10 reasons too (posted in the other thread).
I just think there is a way, and that right now, they'r not even bothering to look for it.

snowinapril
04-03-2008, 02:15 PM
"mountainviking" wrote:


I sent him my 10 reasons too (posted in the other thread).
I just think there is a way, and that right now, they'r not even bothering to look for it.


Exactly.
I think Wilf has been taking the high road and that is waht he needs to do.
I think that as long as he stays on that road, the people will be able to side with him and the Vikes.
The legislators are looking like they are taking a hard line approach to the point of being ignorant and lacking forward thinking ability.

vikes2456
04-03-2008, 02:23 PM
I believe it is time for PPO to take power in MN

jmcdon00
04-03-2008, 02:27 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:


"mountainviking" wrote:


I sent him my 10 reasons too (posted in the other thread).
I just think there is a way, and that right now, they'r not even bothering to look for it.


Exactly.
I think Wilf has been taking the high road and that is waht he needs to do.
I think that as long as he stays on that road, the people will be able to side with him and the Vikes.
The legislators are looking like they are taking a hard line approach to the point of being ignorant and lacking forward thinking ability.

Or they are listening to the taxpayers instead of Wilf's lobbyists. hmmm

snowinapril
04-03-2008, 02:35 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:


"snowinapril" wrote:


"mountainviking" wrote:


I sent him my 10 reasons too (posted in the other thread).
I just think there is a way, and that right now, they'r not even bothering to look for it.


Exactly.
I think Wilf has been taking the high road and that is waht he needs to do.
I think that as long as he stays on that road, the people will be able to side with him and the Vikes.
The legislators are looking like they are taking a hard line approach to the point of being ignorant and lacking forward thinking ability.

Or they are listening to the taxpayers instead of Wilf's lobbyists. hmmm


The average MN can't take it for granted that they watch it on TV every weekend while 64,000 people pay to go to the game and support the team.
You can't sit back and let them give money to the Twins and the Gophers (yes you can for the gophers) without them making a contribution to the Vikes.


Vikes + NFL + MN need to work together to get this done.
You know they are going to do it later.
Why not sit down now and figure it out.


This is all debatable so why not sit down and do so.
I respect the fact that the people don't really want to pay for it.

NodakPaul
04-03-2008, 02:41 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:


"snowinapril" wrote:


"mountainviking" wrote:


I sent him my 10 reasons too (posted in the other thread).
I just think there is a way, and that right now, they'r not even bothering to look for it.


Exactly.
I think Wilf has been taking the high road and that is waht he needs to do.
I think that as long as he stays on that road, the people will be able to side with him and the Vikes.
The legislators are looking like they are taking a hard line approach to the point of being ignorant and lacking forward thinking ability.

Or they are listening to the taxpayers instead of Wilf's lobbyists. hmmm


Which taxpayers?
They are only listening to some of the taxpayers - because obviously there is a decent contingent of people who do want a new stadium.

Right now I do believe that the legislators are making themselves out to look like the bad guy by not even agreeing to look into the possibility of helping finance a new stadium.
Five years ago, Red McCombs was the cheap bastard.
Now Minnesota is.

BadlandsVikings
04-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Elect Webby to the Minnesota senate