PDA

View Full Version : **2008 Tailgaters Thread**

PurpleSticky
03-26-2008, 04:40 PM
So at the current moment the Minnesota Vikings and impark are not able to give me a solid answer on whether or not tailgating will be allowed in the lots adjacent to the Metrodome.
As a first time season ticket holder this concerns me greatly.
This will be the thread to go to check on the current situation/controversy of tailgating downtown.
Vike's office people told me via phone that Mr. Wilf sold the lots that were used for tailgating and an agreement has yet to be reached with the new owners.
I was told that they are expecting to know whats going to happen around may.
Any updates or opinions are appreciated!

BloodyHorns82
03-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Last year was a blast and having the ability to tailgate down by the dome was a huge plus for the fans.
If Wilf disgregarded this and sold the property anyways, I'm disapointed in him.

marstc09
03-26-2008, 05:07 PM
They better not take away tailgating!

BloodyHorns82
03-26-2008, 05:12 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

They better not take away tailgating!

I know!
If they take away the lots we used last year, where the hell are we going to go!?
Tailgating is half the experience!

NodakPaul
03-26-2008, 05:47 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Last year was a blast and having the ability to tailgate down by the dome was a huge plus for the fans.
If Wilf disgregarded this and sold the property anyways, I'm disapointed in him.

I don't think he ever actually owned the lots.
I thought last year he had contracted to buy them, but the deal fell through, so the Star Trib retained possession.

Anyway, I would assume that tailgating would still be in effect in the same location.
It was a huge success with the fans, not to mention a decent money making ordeal for the owner of the lot.
Regardless of who the owner of the lots is right now, they stand to make more money with tailgating than without - the only thing they are probably negotiation is the amount of money that each party gets.

NodakPaul
03-26-2008, 05:51 PM
BTW PurpleSticky, welcome to PP.O. Go introduce yourself in the free beer forum, and congrats on joining the ranks of season ticket holders.
Hopefully your first year as a holder will be an amazing one!

PurpleSticky
03-26-2008, 06:07 PM
So did you guys pay for a season pass for the tailgaters lot???
My main concern is getting into one of the first two lots so I dont have to walk far to get to the dome.
I don't move so well after a pound of snowcrab and a half dozen jumbo shrimp.
And yeah I'm going to swing thru the free beer forum soon!

BloodyHorns82
03-26-2008, 06:13 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

I thought last year he had contracted to buy them, but the deal fell through, so the Star Trib retained possession.

Anyway, I would assume that tailgating would still be in effect in the same location.
It was a huge success with the fans, not to mention a decent money making ordeal for the owner of the lot.
Regardless of who the owner of the lots is right now, they stand to make more money with tailgating than without - the only thing they are probably negotiation is the amount of money that each party gets.

Now that you mention that I think your correct...however PurpeSticky's first comment mentioned something about the Viking's office mentioning they sold them...maybe they meant the landowners (not Wilf) sold the lots.

singersp
03-26-2008, 07:01 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Now that you mention that I think your correct...however PurpeSticky's first comment mentioned something about the Viking's office mentioning they sold them...maybe they meant the landowners (not Wilf) sold the lots.

Zygi rented the lots from the Star Tribune & then sold the season passes to the tailgaters.

Marrdro
03-27-2008, 07:44 AM
"PurpleSticky" wrote:

My main concern is getting into one of the first two lots so I dont have to walk far to get to the dome.

Actually one of the members on here bought several passes that we all chipped in for if/when we tailgated.

Several of the members actually got there early (damn early) and made sure we had the best spots right next to the dome.

Zeus
03-27-2008, 08:13 AM
"PurpleSticky" wrote:

Last season PPO had 5 spots in Purple Lot #1, the lot that is directly NW of the Dome.

http://www.vikings.com/FansTailgatingEvents.aspx

All are welcome to join the fun!

=Z=

PurpleSticky
03-27-2008, 01:40 PM
Well I was just planning on reserving one spot for my ol' K5 and then just partying with whomever shows up next to me.
I would be down for getting a spot next to you guys too.
I'm on this situation like flies on trash so if anybody would like to be notified as soon as the spots are available or maybe work out a deal where they could get 5 spots and then I pay them cash for my spot just so we can all get next to each other.
I bet if we all order our spots seperatly the chances of being next to one another will be slim.
Just an idea I'm confidant I will have a blast regardless!

BloodyHorns82
03-27-2008, 01:43 PM
"PurpleSticky" wrote:

Well I was just planning on reserving one spot for my ol' K5 and then just partying with whomever shows up next to me.
I'm on this situation like flies on trash so if anybody would like to be notified as soon as the spots are available or maybe work out a deal where they could get 5 spots and then I pay them cash for my spot just so we can all get next to each other.
I bet if we all order our spots seperatly the chances of being next to one another will be slim.

I believe last year it was first come first spot...you didn't actually have your own space, just took the best available.
Thanks for VikesWin2005 showing up at 5AM we always had the best spot of all the spaces.

Zeus
03-27-2008, 01:48 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"PurpleSticky" wrote:

I believe last year it was first come first spot...you didn't actually have your own space, just took the best available.
Thanks for VikesWin2005 showing up at 5AM we always had the best spot of all the spaces.

Not just VikesWin - but also Shock, Neum and (on occasion) Webby.

=Z=

BloodyHorns82
03-27-2008, 01:52 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"PurpleSticky" wrote:

=Z=

Thanks for the correction...wouldn't want to leave any names off that list because God only knows there is no way in hell I (or most of us) would ever be getting up that early on a Sunday morning for the benefit of other PP.O members.
I like you guys, but come on...
;D

NeumDog
03-27-2008, 05:15 PM
If the same lots are going to be available next season, we are planning on keeping the same spots.

jargomcfargo
03-27-2008, 05:28 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"PurpleSticky" wrote:

=Z=

Thanks for the correction...wouldn't want to leave any names off that list because God only knows there is no way in hell I (or most of us) would ever be getting up that early on a Sunday morning for the benefit of other PP.O members.
I like you guys, but come on...

;D

That's not your job. Your job is to remember to bring a jug in case I forget mine ! LOL!

PurpleSticky
03-27-2008, 05:40 PM
Well if I buy a parking pass for the season I think it would be safe to assume that the lot will not be full even if I showed up late right?
I wouldn't bother spending two hundred dollars for a parking pass if I couldn't even get in the lot for every game ya feel me?

I'm going crazy waiting for stub hub to confirm my order for season tix.
They approved my card but apparently the person holding the tickets has to confirm shipping before they charge it.
I hope that theres no horror stories about any of you guys getting hosed by stub hub.

BloodyHorns82
03-27-2008, 05:51 PM
"PurpleSticky" wrote:

Well if I buy a parking pass for the season I think it would be safe to assume that the lot will not be full even if I showed up late right?
I wouldn't bother spending two hundred dollars for a parking pass if I couldn't even get in the lot for every game ya feel me?

They approved my card but apparently the person holding the tickets has to confirm shipping before they charge it.
I hope that theres no horror stories about any of you guys getting hosed by stub hub.

Just plan on showing up around 5AM and you shouldn't have a problem parking next to the PP.O clan.
;D

NodakPaul
03-27-2008, 06:00 PM
"PurpleSticky" wrote:

Well first, why on earth did you buy season tickets from Stub Hub?

Anyway, you should know that if you show up late, there is really no guarantee that you will get a spot.
Kind of like an airline reservation.

Webby
03-27-2008, 06:06 PM
I came late one game with my dad and it sucked getting in.
Get there by 10 and its not too bad.
I like getting there at 5 or 6 am myself when I can.
Fire up the xbox and play madden until you folks arrive next year.

singersp
03-27-2008, 07:08 PM
"NeumDog" wrote:

If the same lots are going to be available next season, we are planning on keeping the same spots.

Rumor has it the spaces will sell for $1 a pound. Is that true Neum?

What else can one get for $1 a pound. Any Ideas?

PurpleSticky
03-27-2008, 09:11 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"PurpleSticky" wrote:

Anyway, you should know that if you show up late, there is really no guarantee that you will get a spot.

Because the season tickets available from the vikings ticket sale department sucked.
I paid more than they're worth but I can afford it right now.
Didn't mean to sound like a whiner in my last post.

I plan on getting downtown at about 9 every sunday before the noon games.

NodakPaul
03-27-2008, 09:27 PM
"PurpleSticky" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"PurpleSticky" wrote:

Because the season tickets available from the vikings ticket sale department sucked.

You should be just fine for tailgating then.
Just out of curiosity, what section/row are your seats in, and what was the ticket office offering you?

Zeus
03-28-2008, 08:31 AM
"PurpleSticky" wrote:

Why are you getting season tickets via stub-hub?
Why not directly from the Vikings?

=Z=

Zeus
03-28-2008, 08:34 AM
"PurpleSticky" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"PurpleSticky" wrote:

The problem is, by purchasing re-sold season tickets, you do nothing to reduce the likelihood of blackouts in the future, nor do you do anything towards accruing season-ticket-holder credit, which will help if and when the Vikings build a new stadium.

=Z=

NodakPaul
03-28-2008, 09:44 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"PurpleSticky" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"PurpleSticky" wrote:

The problem is, by purchasing re-sold season tickets, you do nothing to reduce the likelihood of blackouts in the future, nor do you do anything towards accruing season-ticket-holder credit, which will help if and when the Vikings build a new stadium.

=Z=

Season Ticket holders also get entered in the Super Bowl lottery when the Vikes finally make it again.
You get one entry for each seat X the number of years you are a ticket holder.

Not to mention your don't get any preseason games (all of the season ticket packages I have seen on Stub Hub are for Regular season games only).
And even worse, you won't be eligible to buy playoff tickets.

But to each his own.
I personally wouldn't do it that way, but I am not going to begrudge someone if they simply wanted better seats than were being offered from the TicketOffice.
If you have the money, I know of one guy who bought season tickets just to get in the system, and would sell his and buy better ones on eBay every game.
This way he still got to accrue ticket holder credit and still had the opportunity to purchase playoff tickets.
Then after a few years, his actual tickets were good enough that he didn't need the eBay ones anymore.
Just a suggestion.

Only about 160 days until the preseason opener guys!
Looking forward to meeting you at tailgating PurpleSticky.

SKOL
03-28-2008, 10:31 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"PurpleSticky" wrote:

Actually one of the members on here bought several passes that we all chipped in for if/when we tailgated.

Several of the members actually got there early (gol 'darnit early) and made sure we had the best spots right next to the dome.

Is there a plan in place for this year for purchasing some spots up front that PP.O tailgaters can contribute too?

It worked well for me last year where I parked in a ramp a few blocks away then hauled my cooler to the PP.O spot.
Then I just contributed the difference in parking fees to whomever was assigned to collect. Of course I was only able to be there once or twice, but by the end of the year the person that flipped the bill up front got most of his money back.

Unless there's a benefactor though, it probably won't work this year.

NodakPaul
03-28-2008, 10:43 AM
"SKOL" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"PurpleSticky" wrote:

Several of the members actually got there early (gol 'darnit early) and made sure we had the best spots right next to the dome.

Is there a plan in place for this year for purchasing some spots up front that PP.O tailgaters can contribute too?

It worked well for me last year where I parked in a ramp a few blocks away then hauled my cooler to the PP.O spot.
Then I just contributed the difference in parking fees to whomever was assigned to collect. By the end of the year the person that flipped the bill up front got most of his money back.

Some of us are working on something - but nothing will be finalized until more information comes out.

I plan on purchasing a spot and donating it to PP.O. - if we can raise some money before hand or get some commitments from others I would be willing to buy another at the same time.

jargomcfargo
03-28-2008, 10:54 AM
"SKOL" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"PurpleSticky" wrote:

Then I just contributed the difference in parking fees to whomever was assigned to collect. Of course I was only able to be there once or twice, but by the end of the year the person that flipped the bill up front got most of his money back.

The benefactor got all his money back plus $40, which will go back into the pot for this years spots.
I am counting on participating again but I can only make it to a limited number of games since I'm in Nebraska.
I think it would be appropriate for someone closer to organize this year.We probably don't need as many spots. I will gladly donate time and money to help out in any way I can.
I can't wait to see sticky puke up a pound of snowcrab and several jumbo shrimp after getting into Nodaks purple jello shots!
;)
Just kidding sticky. BTW, we had Victor,cheerleaders, and even Zygi himself stop by the tailgate last year. Look forward to seeing you there.

PurpleSticky
03-28-2008, 01:13 PM
I got too excited and ordered my tickets without doing enough research.
I got hosed for my tickets so you will be seeing about half my season on e bay now lol.
303.00 per game, no pre season, section 232, row 14.
I got robbed.

**Leaves thread with tail between legs

*EDIT*
Im on hold with stubhub to put my tickets back on their site . . .
I feel pretty dumb doing so!

NodakPaul
03-28-2008, 01:34 PM
"PurpleSticky" wrote:

I got hosed for my tickets so you will be seeing about half my season on e bay now lol.
I got robbed.

Oh wow.

First, have you already committed to those tickets?
If they haven't charged your card you might still be able to cancel the order.
I would call StubHub's customer service...
For $303 per game, you are looking at $2400 per ticket.
For that price you can get seats in the Vikings Lounge, which included two lower level endzone tickets.
http://www.vikings.com/TicketsPage_VikingsLounge.aspx

Actually for only $100 more per seat, you can get season tickets in the VIP Tent, which also included lower level tickets.
http://www.vikings.com/TicketsPage_VIPTent.aspx

If you can't change out the tickets I wouldn't beat yourself up too much.
If anyone can understand being super excited to get tickets to the purple and gold, it's us. :)
Live and learn, right?

The seats you got are decent.
20 yard line, and not too far up.
And I wouldn't worry too much about missing out on the preseason games... There are not even close to real football, yet we pay full price for the tickets anyway...

Next year I would definately put in for tickets through the Vikings.
Or even this year - I believe there are packages for $400 for the season available.
That would at least get your foot in the door, and after a couple of upgrades, you could be in the same location as you are now.

Anyway, don't worry about it (and hopefully members here won't rag on you too much ;)), and just remember that you are giong to get the opportunity to see the purple in gold in person every game!
And tailgate with the PP.O crowd!

PurpleSticky
03-28-2008, 01:52 PM
I put them back on stubhub, For both tickets it was 303 per game so it totaled about 2500 after everything.
Kinda sucks now though because I am hesitant to order another package because mine aren't guaraunteed to sell.

PurpleSticky
03-28-2008, 01:58 PM
AMAZING SEASON TICKET PACKAGE AVAILABLE ONLINE!!!!!

CHECK OUT THIS SWEET DEAL!!!!!

http://www.stubhub.com/minnesota-vikings-tickets/?event_id=540526

Lo f'n L . . .
wish me luck on a quick sale I wanna find another package . . .

I am officially blaming my mistake on purplesticky mixed with a lil seagrams 7 influencing my decision to buy a season ticket package off stub hub . . .
lol I shoulda just stuck to my Wild season tickets huh? j/k

Zeus
03-28-2008, 02:18 PM
"PurpleSticky" wrote:

Lo f'n L . . .

I am officially blaming my mistake on purplesticky mixed with a lil seagrams 7 influencing my decision to buy a season ticket package off stub hub . . .

Where do you sit at the X?
I'm going to be there on Sunday up in the 200s with my cousin.

=Z=

PurpleSticky
03-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Sec. 119 Row 4, I am in the corner where we are on defense in periods 1 and 3. . .
Look for me on sunday probably with the blonde polock from chi-town aka my girlfriend or maybe I'll bring my pops.
Tonite I'm going with my buddy.

Man I wanna take my tickets off sale already . . .
Can u tell I have a hard time making up my mind??? :-

Zeus
03-28-2008, 03:08 PM
"PurpleSticky" wrote:

Sec. 119 Row 4, I am in the corner where we are on defense in periods 1 and 3. . .
Look for me on sunday probably with the blonde polock from chi-town aka my girlfriend or maybe I'll bring my pops.

Can u tell I have a hard time making up my mind??? :-\

LOL - just chalk it up to a lesson learned and look forward to the season.

=Z=

cajunvike
03-28-2008, 03:10 PM
"PurpleSticky" wrote:

Can u tell I have a hard time making up my mind??? :-\

There ain't nothing wrong with blonde Polock women...I've got one of those too (albeit mine is from Minny and half-Italian).

Ever take her to Nye's in downtown Minneapolis...GREAT POLISH FOOD.
Just ask SnoBum and Webby.

Webby
03-28-2008, 03:47 PM
"PurpleSticky" wrote:

Lo f'n L . . .

We are in 123 helping cheer on backstrom 2 times a game.....right above the tunnel.

Jereamiah
03-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Last year I had a chance to get a ticket package thru Holiday Inn. Two tickets and a room plus breakfast. I went to the Inn website and could have purchased the deal. I waited too long and when I went back to the site, all sold out. I just called and the gal on the line tells me that I should call and get put on a waiting list. Does anyone know when I can go to the site and get a deal? Right after the schedule is released I'm sure, but an actual date? Would really like to get that package. Preferabbly for one of the 1st three home games. Before it gets cold ;D

jargomcfargo
03-28-2008, 04:34 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"PurpleSticky" wrote:

I got robbed.

Oh wow.

First, have you already committed to those tickets?
If they haven't charged your card you might still be able to cancel the order.
I would call StubHub's customer service...
For $303 per game, you are looking at $2400 per ticket.
For that price you can get seats in the Vikings Lounge, which included two lower level endzone tickets.
http://www.vikings.com/TicketsPage_VikingsLounge.aspx

Actually for only $100 more per seat, you can get season tickets in the VIP Tent, which also included lower level tickets.
http://www.vikings.com/TicketsPage_VIPTent.aspx

If you can't change out the tickets I wouldn't beat yourself up too much.
If anyone can understand being super excited to get tickets to the purple and gold, it's us. :)
Live and learn, right?

The seats you got are decent.
20 yard line, and not too far up.
And I wouldn't worry too much about missing out on the preseason games... There are not even close to real football, yet we pay full price for the tickets anyway...

Next year I would definately put in for tickets through the Vikings.
Or even this year - I believe there are packages for $400 for the season available.
That would at least get your foot in the door, and after a couple of upgrades, you could be in the same location as you are now.

Anyway, don't worry about it (and hopefully members here won't rag on you too much ;)), and just remember that you are giong to get the opportunity to see the purple in gold in person every game!
And tailgate with the PP.O crowd!

I've considered those VIP or Lounge tickets but that just takes the place of the PP.O tailgate. As it is I have my brother and his friends tailgating across the street from PP.O. I've known those guys for years. So I split my time by going over there a little.

olson_10
03-28-2008, 04:38 PM
anybody going to be at the game in jacksonville?? pm me if theres anything special going on before it

marstc09
03-28-2008, 04:43 PM
"olson_10" wrote:

anybody going to be at the game in jacksonville?? pm me if theres anything special going on before it

I am but I am sure I will steer clear of you.

Marrdro
03-29-2008, 06:25 AM
"olson_10" wrote:

i was stationed in mayport when the community made the big push to get a team. all very exciting when they started with a couple exhibition games.

how is the stadium?

NodakPaul
03-29-2008, 02:51 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

i was stationed in mayport when the community made the big push to get a team. all very exciting when they started with a couple exhibition games.

how is the stadium?

Empty from what I hear.
They cover almost 10,000 seats in the upper deck to avoid blackouts - and still have a hard time selling out.

jmcdon00
03-29-2008, 02:54 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

how is the stadium?

Empty from what I hear.
They cover almost 10,000 seats in the upper deck to avoid blackouts - and still have a hard time selling out.

If my brother is still working in Florida then I will probably go. Should be plenty of tickets available.

NeumDog
03-29-2008, 03:46 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"NeumDog" wrote:

Rumor has it the spaces will sell for $1 a pound. Is that true Neum?

What else can one get for $1 a pound. Any Ideas?

Back in the day, you could get a whole lotta something for $1 a pound.
With the economy these days, it'll be about $3 a pound.

Can't be sure about the tailgate spots, though. ;D

PurpleSticky
04-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Still no word on tailgate passes yet . . .

jargomcfargo
04-07-2008, 02:59 PM
"PurpleSticky" wrote:

No! And in fact, last year they weren't available until the last minute as I recall.

Zeus
04-07-2008, 03:04 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"PurpleSticky" wrote:

No! And in fact, last year they weren't available until the last minute as I recall.

They made the announcement quite late and it was only for the regular season.

=Z=

singersp
04-07-2008, 09:59 PM
"PurpleSticky" wrote:

I got robbed.

*EDIT*
Im on hold with stubhub to put my tickets back on their site . . .
I feel pretty dumb doing so!

Yeah you did! I tried selling my two tickets in section 231, row 18, seats 1 & 2 for $67 ea (face value) & had no takers.

Where were you then?

PurpleSticky
05-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Whats the word when are we going to be able to reserve our spots in the tailgaters lot???

Zeus
05-05-2008, 08:42 AM
"PurpleSticky" wrote:

Whats the word when are we going to be able to reserve our spots in the tailgaters lot???

There hasn't been any word.
And I wouldn't expect any word until the summer.

And you don't reserve a spot in the lot - you buy a pass for the lot which entitles you to park in the lot, but the spots are first-come, first-serve.

=Z=

Formo
05-06-2008, 02:19 AM
Hmm..
I'm planning on hitting up the Colts tailgate..
Not sure if I'll get tix to the game, but it's ok, still will be able to meet you peoples.
As soon as you guys know, let post me on where exactly you tailgate, so I can park somewhere nearby and walk.
Also, couple of dumb questions, because, honestly, this year would be my first tailgating with ya'll..

1)
Is it bring your own bottle/food?
I'd imagine so.
2)
How much would you need money-wise to help cover the parking?
3)
Last, but not least, anything else a newb would need to know before meetin' up with ya'll to tailgate?

Zeus
05-06-2008, 08:24 AM
"Formo" wrote:

Hmm..
Not sure if I'll get tix to the game, but it's ok, still will be able to meet you peoples.
As soon as you guys know, let post me on where exactly you tailgate, so I can park somewhere nearby and walk.
Also, couple of dumb questions, because, honestly, this year would be my first tailgating with ya'll..

1)
I'd imagine so.
2)
3)
Last, but not least, anything else a newb would need to know before meetin' up with ya'll to tailgate?

You can bring your own bottle/food, but many (like me) will be bringing extra to share.

You can park on the streets near the MetroDome for $8.00.
Various garages and such near there go for $10.00 to $20.00 - all within easy walking distance of the tailgate lots.
For example, I park about 5 blocks away from the Dome and walk over to the tailgate.

Bring your PPO spirit!

=Z=

NodakPaul
05-06-2008, 09:02 AM
"Formo" wrote:

Hmm..

1)
I'd imagine so.
2)
3)

Looking forward to meeting you at tailgating this year Formo!

SKOL
05-06-2008, 09:49 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Formo" wrote:

Hmm..

1)
I'd imagine so.
2)
3)

You can bring your own bottle/food, but many (like me) will be bringing extra to share.

Various garages and such near there go for $10.00 to $20.00 - all within easy walking distance of the tailgate lots.
For example, I park about 5 blocks away from the Dome and walk over to the tailgate.

Bring your PPO spirit!

=Z=

I don't think there was a set amount to donate last year.
I would recommend getting a set amount in mind that you are willing to pay for parking and tailgating ($40 ??), then, as Zeus said park in the cheapest lot or ramp you can find and walk to PP.O.
Then donate what's left over to the designated PP.O'er at the tailgating site.
Last year a number of members donated 5 sites at $40 each per game (one of the benefactors donated 4 sites, but was only there for one tailgate, due to living out of town).
They got paid back gradually, by donations, over the year.

Zeus
05-06-2008, 10:02 AM
"SKOL" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Formo" wrote:

Hmm..

1)
I'd imagine so.
2)
3)

Bring your PPO spirit!

=Z=

I would recommend getting a set amount in mind that you are willing to pay for parking and tailgating ($40 ??), then, as Zeus said park in the cheapest lot or ramp you can find and walk to PP.O.
Last year a number of members donated 5 sites at $40 each per game (one of the benefactors donated 4 sites, but was only there for one tailgate, due to living out of town).

I thought Jargo made 3 or 4 games last year?

My rule-of-thumb was that I was going to tailgate for all 8 games, so I tossed in $40 to the fund - $5/game, 8 games.

=Z=

Formo
05-06-2008, 01:55 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Formo" wrote:

Hmm..

1)
I'd imagine so.
2)
3)

Bring your PPO spirit!

=Z=

I thought Jargo made 3 or 4 games last year?

My rule-of-thumb was that I was going to tailgate for all 8 games, so I tossed in $40 to the fund - $5/game, 8 games.

=Z=

Sounds fantastic.

PurpleSticky
05-17-2008, 05:32 PM
Time for a bump . . .

purplepat
05-23-2008, 01:56 PM
Yes, I am the master of cheap, err...thrifty.

As befitting my Scottish heritage and nature, I've been shopping around for travel deals to make a trip (or two) to a home game.
With gasoline prices through the roof, all travel options are more expensive this year than last...or are they?

I got an unbelievable deal last year.
To save $$, my buddy and I drive from Cincinnati to Chicago, and then fly from Chicago to Minneapolis.
Last year, including taxes, our R/T airfare from CHI to MIN was only $59 a person.
Then we had our hotel expenses, a cheap rental car, and our gas cost.
I didn't know if I could beat that.

But enter Megabus.
Megabus is a bus service that runs limited routes in the Midwest.
Rather than flying (no fare under $224 found to date), or driving (?? in gas, 1400 mile round trip), myself and a friend will ride Megabus from Cincinnati to Chicago, and then Chicago to Minneapolis, and then return a few days later the opposite way for .... $8.75 per person, round trip!!!

See, Megabus offers a special deal if you are among the first few tickets booking a particular date and route.
You can get a one-way ticket for $1 !!
The round trip ticket for my trip includes 3 $1 legs, and one $5.50 leg, plus a $0.50 reservation fee.
My friend and I can sit back and let someone else do the driving, and the time of the trip is just a tiny bit longer than if I had just driven my own car.

Then, to sweeten the deal, I used Priceline (along with some bidding tips I found on the net) to get the Saturday and Sunday night hotel stay at the Embassy Suites Downtown Minneapolis for $55 a night plus tax.
The hotel is maybe five or six blocks from where Megabus drops off, a short walk or cab ride.
And it would be no problem to walk back and forth from the game on Sunday, or maybe catch the light rail for the few blocks.

After it's all said and done, my share of the transportation and hotel costs for a 1400 mile round trip and two nights stay at Embassy Suites, is $74.43!!

So we'll be coming out for the Detroit game.
We wont arrive on Saturday unitl late (almost 11 PM), but don't leave until Monday night at 10:30 PM.
We will be counting on the Vikings destroying the Motor City Kitties that day so the party can last long into Sunday night.

NodakPaul
06-11-2008, 11:17 AM
FYI, they have changed the tailgating information on the Vikings home page finally.

2008 Season Update
Thank you very much for your patience as the Vikings look to finalize tailgating plans and details for the upcoming 2008 season.
We hope to be able to announce finalized plans shortly, so please stay tuned to vikings.com for more information.

Sounds like they are trying to line the same basic stuff up again.
So it may be time to start talking about $$ for tailgating spots...
Neumdog or Webby, are one of you going to spearhead it this year?
I ahve some $$ that I would like to contribute.

AngloVike
06-11-2008, 03:04 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

FYI, they have changed the tailgating information on the Vikings home page finally.

2008 Season Update
Thank you very much for your patience as the Vikings look to finalize tailgating plans and details for the upcoming 2008 season.
We hope to be able to announce finalized plans shortly, so please stay tuned to vikings.com for more information.

Sounds like they are trying to line the same basic stuff up again.
So it may be time to start talking about $$ for tailgating spots...
Neumdog or Webby, are one of you going to spearhead it this year?
I ahve some $$ that I would like to contribute.

ditto I have some $$ to put towards the spots as well if PP.O is getting them again this year

BadlandsVikings
06-11-2008, 06:08 PM
I'll contribute again, i just need to know where to send it

cajunvike
06-11-2008, 06:37 PM
"purplepat" wrote:

Yes, I am the master of cheap, err...thrifty.

As befitting my Scottish heritage and nature, I've been shopping around for travel deals to make a trip (or two) to a home game.
With gasoline prices through the roof, all travel options are more expensive this year than last...or are they?

I got an unbelievable deal last year.
To save $$, my buddy and I drive from Cincinnati to Chicago, and then fly from Chicago to Minneapolis.
Last year, including taxes, our R/T airfare from CHI to MIN was only $59 a person.
Then we had our hotel expenses, a cheap rental car, and our gas cost.

I didn't know if I could beat that.

But enter Megabus.
Megabus is a bus service that runs limited routes in the Midwest.
Rather than flying (no fare under $224 found to date), or driving (?? in gas, 1400 mile round trip), myself and a friend will ride Megabus from Cincinnati to Chicago, and then Chicago to Minneapolis, and then return a few days later the opposite way for .... $8.75 per person, round trip!!!

See, Megabus offers a special deal if you are among the first few tickets booking a particular date and route.
You can get a one-way ticket for $1 !!
The round trip ticket for my trip includes 3 $1 legs, and one $5.50 leg, plus a $0.50 reservation fee.
My friend and I can sit back and let someone else do the driving, and the time of the trip is just a tiny bit longer than if I had just driven my own car.

Then, to sweeten the deal, I used Priceline (along with some bidding tips I found on the net) to get the Saturday and Sunday night hotel stay at the Embassy Suites Downtown Minneapolis for $55 a night plus tax.
The hotel is maybe five or six blocks from where Megabus drops off, a short walk or cab ride.
And it would be no problem to walk back and forth from the game on Sunday, or maybe catch the light rail for the few blocks.

After it's all said and done, my share of the transportation and hotel costs for a 1400 mile round trip and two nights stay at Embassy Suites, is $74.43!!

So we'll be coming out for the Detroit game.
We wont arrive on Saturday unitl late (almost 11 PM), but don't leave until Monday night at 10:30 PM.
We will be counting on the Vikings destroying the Motor City Kitties that day so the party can last long into Sunday night.

You are the KING, Pat!
Awesome resourcefulness!

marstc09
06-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Thanks purplepat! I was not aware of the Megabus. I might have to try that this year. It would be nice to pass out on the way home instead of driving. $30 round trip is cheap.

BloodyHorns82
06-11-2008, 10:21 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

Thanks purplepat! I was not aware of the Megabus. I might have to try that this year. It would be nice to pass out on the way home instead of driving. $30 round trip is cheap.

If you buy now, you might be able to get a ticket for $1 of $2 round trip.
Problem is it will take probably take you 8 hours to get to Milwaukee.
I looked into taking it to Chicago and it was 10.5 hours.
But if your going to sleep anyways, who cares....Hell for $1, who cares?

PacNWVike
07-15-2008, 11:03 PM
Tickets are purchased and reservations at the Holiday Inn Metrodome made.
Scott and I decided to make our annual pilgrimage to the frozen tundra on Dec 26th to attend Sunday's game against the Giants.
Figure we'll get in some REAL Viking tailgating this time!
Hope to see some of our PP.O Brothers and Sisters.
Skol!
;D

marstc09
07-15-2008, 11:27 PM
"PacNWVike" wrote:

Scott and I decided to make our annual pilgrimage to the frozen tundra on Dec 26th to attend Sunday's game against the Giants.
Skol!

;D

Hopefully there will be more people compared to last year during the tailgates in Dec.

PacNWVike
07-15-2008, 11:37 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"PacNWVike" wrote:

Skol!

;D

Hopefully there will be more people compared to last year during the tailgates in Dec.

Cajun said he's coming to that game too.
8)

BloodyHorns82
07-15-2008, 11:40 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"PacNWVike" wrote:

Skol!

;D

I'm sure I'll be there.
I'm going to try to get there a little earlier this season.
Plus we got season tickets this year so that helps since we don't have to waste time during the tailgate trying to buy cheap tickets from scalpers.

Zeus
07-16-2008, 08:47 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

"PacNWVike" wrote:

Skol!

;D

As I recall, outside of the final game of the season in the snow, we had good crowds for all of the games last year.

=Z=

Zeus
07-16-2008, 08:47 AM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"PacNWVike" wrote:

Skol!

;D

I'm sure I'll be there.
Plus we got season tickets this year so that helps since we don't have to waste time during the tailgate trying to buy cheap tickets from scalpers.

Where you sittin', bitch?

=Z=

jargomcfargo
07-16-2008, 12:28 PM
"PacNWVike" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"PacNWVike" wrote:

Skol!

;D

8)

So is Jargomcfargo; new season ticket holder.
:)
See you there.

jmcdon00
07-16-2008, 12:58 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"PacNWVike" wrote:

Skol!

;D

I'm sure I'll be there.

I don't know last year you missed the final game of the season because it was "snowing" and you didn't want to sit in traffic.
:'(

Zeus
07-16-2008, 01:03 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"PacNWVike" wrote:

Skol!

;D

I'm sure I'll be there.

I don't know last year you missed the final game of the season because it was "snowing" and you didn't want to sit in traffic.

!!!!!!!!

Who's the FAKE FAN NOW, BEYATCH!!!!

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=46237.msg802806#msg802806

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:

It's a bad move because if you're a TRUE Vikings fan, getting Favre to win a Superbowl is like selling your soul. He has been the bane of our existence as Vikings fans for almost 2 decades, and anyone who wants him would probably also sell their child into sex-slavery for a Lombardi trophy. Keep #4 out of purple FOREVER.

I must not be a TRUE Vikings fan, because I'd sign Bart Starr, Paul Hornung, Ray Nitschzke, Sterling Sharpe, Antonio Freeman, Don Majikowski, Leroy Butler, Adolf Hitler, Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden and Mary-Kate Olsen if that meant the Vikings would win the Super Bowl.

=Z=

Damnit!
Another FAKE fan on our boards.

I was at that game.
Snow be damned!

Well, not Sno....he was there WITH ME!

=Z=

jmcdon00
07-16-2008, 01:16 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"PacNWVike" wrote:

Skol!

;D

I'm sure I'll be there.

!!!!!!!!

Who's the FAKE FAN NOW, BEYATCH!!!!

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=46237.msg802806#msg802806

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:

It's a bad move because if you're a TRUE Vikings fan, getting Favre to win a Superbowl is like selling your soul. He has been the bane of our existence as Vikings fans for almost 2 decades, and anyone who wants him would probably also sell their child into sex-slavery for a Lombardi trophy. Keep #4 out of purple FOREVER.

I must not be a TRUE Vikings fan, because I'd sign Bart Starr, Paul Hornung, Ray Nitschzke, Sterling Sharpe, Antonio Freeman, Don Majikowski, Leroy Butler, Adolf Hitler, Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden and Mary-Kate Olsen if that meant the Vikings would win the Super Bowl.

=Z=

Damnit!
Another FAKE fan on our boards.

I was at that game.
Snow be damned!

Well, not Sno....he was there WITH ME!

=Z=

Give em hell Zeus. ;D(only took an hour and 10 minutes and it normally takes 50 minutes anyway). Of course it was a shitty game, so he probably still thinks he made the right decision.

AngloVike
07-16-2008, 03:30 PM
ok our tickets are sorted, flights booked and hotel arranged so we'll be in town for the SNF against the Bears. Out of curiosity what's the arrangements for a SNF game?
do people still gather in the morning or arrive late morning and set up TV's to catch the other games?

erik5032
07-16-2008, 03:51 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

ok our tickets are sorted, flights booked and hotel arranged so we'll be in town for the SNF against the Bears. Out of curiosity what's the arrangements for a SNF game?
do people still gather in the morning or arrive late morning and set up TV's to catch the other games?

ill be at that game also... i dont think i will be able to attend the actual game but im gonna tailgate then hit up a sports bar for the game. Were is a good bar to hit up?

Zeus
07-16-2008, 05:44 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

The only Sunday night game last year was the Washington game, and that got all cocked up because of the snow.

The Bears game was a Monday night, and, as I recall, we gathered in the parking lot around 5-ish.

=Z=

jmcdon00
07-16-2008, 05:48 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

The only Sunday night game last year was the Washington game, and that got all cocked up because of the snow.

The Bears game was a Monday night, and, as I recall, we gathered in the parking lot around 5-ish.

=Z=

I think for Monday night we had to wait longer because all the regular working stiffs were parked in the lot all day(plus many people here actually have jobs they have to attend on Mondays. I would suspect if it's good weather for the Sunday night game some will arrive earlier in the day.

Zeus
07-16-2008, 05:56 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

I think for Monday night we had to wait longer because all the regular working stiffs were parked in the lot all day(plus many people here actually have jobs they have to attend on Mondays. I would suspect if it's good weather for the Sunday night game some will arrive earlier in the day.

And Webby has talked about the PPO big-screen TV and all that for awhile now!
Get it DONE, man!

=Z=

BadlandsVikings
07-16-2008, 06:08 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

Get it DONE, man!

=Z=

We need the big bus too

Zeus
07-16-2008, 06:09 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

Get it DONE, man!

We need the big bus too

I heard Neum's getting some sweet spinners for that thing....

=Z=

jmcdon00
07-16-2008, 06:12 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

Get it DONE, man!

We need the big bus too

=Z=

We need a fire pit too, for the later in the season anyway. It gets cold sometimes.

Zeus
07-16-2008, 06:14 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

Get it DONE, man!

We need the big bus too

We need a fire pit too, for the later in the season anyway. It gets cold sometimes.

He has a propane heater that we got going for the coldest Sundays last year - he kept it under the tent to the ladies could huddle under it.

But if the PPO Bus is there, that's shelter from the storm!

=Z=

PurpleSticky
07-29-2008, 06:20 PM
I got my spot!

PacNWVike
07-29-2008, 08:06 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"PacNWVike" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"PacNWVike" wrote:

Skol!
;D

8)

So is Jargomcfargo; new season ticket holder.
:)
See you there.

Bring some of that fine wine...
8)

BloodyHorns82
07-29-2008, 08:12 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

Get it DONE, man!

We need the big bus too

=Z=

Pussy.
::)

Just kidding...that actually sounds kind of nice.

hawaiianvike21
07-29-2008, 10:03 PM
anyone going to the arizona game? im going to be there in sec 126 (vikings side).

would love to meet some of you guys.

cajunvike
07-29-2008, 10:22 PM
"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

anyone going to the arizona game? im going to be there in sec 126 (vikings side).

I may consider going since my August road trip had to be cancelled.
I wouldn't mind seeing Early Doucet (my homeboy) in action.
I want to see him do well, but the Vikes still have to win.
;D

Formo
07-30-2008, 03:33 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

;D

Caj, you gonna make the Colts game?

hawaiianvike21
07-30-2008, 05:10 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

;D

sounds good. what kind of seats are you getting if you go? prices seem to keep going up. anyone else coming?

slavinator
07-30-2008, 05:32 PM
I live in AZ so we are going to the game.
Generally when the Vikes play down here the whole stadium is purple.
I think that we are in section 106.
I will have the Vikes tent up along with all tailgaiting accessories.............

A group of buddies (who live all around the country) and I also get together every year for the Packer Home game, which this year will probably be even sweeter given the disruption is Cheeseville.
Hope to see ya all there........Last year we got to meet Zygi in the tailgate lots before the game, pretty damn cool that our owner takes the time to thank the fans!!!!!!!

marstc09
08-05-2008, 11:48 AM
"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

I will be there but I need tickets.

erik5032
08-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Maybe if I get a job I may take the 8 hour trip down to Pheonix and attend the game IDK... Would be fun though

SoCaliFans
08-12-2008, 07:05 PM
OK, good found the thread.
We are planning on going to the AZ game, have no tix, no flight, no hotel, but big dreams.

slavinator
08-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Stub Hub or any of the local papers will have tickets and they will be fairly cheap.
As far as hotels and accomodations I would stay in the I-17 corridor (North Phoenix).
IF you stay over by the stadium there is not as much to do and the hotels are a lot pricier.
This way you are in the middle of the whole city and have more options.
Let me know as it gets closer if anyone needs any guidance on places to stay and play.......

SoCaliFans
08-12-2008, 09:17 PM
Oh thank you for this info Slav.
I put in an offer for tix (we need 3) so we'll see if it's accepted.
I kind of low balled the price.

I just saw your post where you said you live in AZ and will have your tent and all that set up.
So seriously there is a majority of purple in the stadium, wow!

slavinator
08-27-2008, 04:36 PM
SoCali

At the game in '03 there was definitely more Purple in the stands than red.
Most people in AZ are from the Midwest, especially IA, MN, WI.
There are tons of Viking fans and bars down here.

Again I will have a full-on tailgater at the stadium, fellow PPO'ers hit me up when the date is closer.

erik5032
08-27-2008, 09:12 PM
If I make it down anyone mind me parking my truck in there driveway and just sleep in my truck? Or else I will make my way to Sun City and sleep at my parents friends place.

SoCaliFans
10-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Cards game 12/14: OK, we have our airfare.
Wondering if anyone has heard of any places to stay pre-game night.

We're flying in and my dad the Cards fan is driving the van with all our tailgating items.
What lot is Vikings central?

Questions, questions... I guess my main concern is I need to book a hotel and looking for ideas where the purple might be staying?

Webby
10-01-2008, 03:36 PM
"SoCaliFans" wrote:

Cards game 12/14: OK, we have our airfare.
Wondering if anyone has heard of any places to stay pre-game night.

We're flying in and my dad the Cards fan is driving the van with all our tailgating items.
What lot is Vikings central?

Questions, questions... I guess my main concern is I need to book a hotel and looking for ideas where the purple might be staying?

We might be going to AZ game.
Not sure yet.

Questfor31
10-02-2008, 10:12 PM
I booked a hotel room through priceline.com.
Went to the spot where you can name your own price and booked a room at the Hyatt Regency downtown for $70 per night.

Zeus
10-03-2008, 12:10 PM
"Questfor31" wrote:

Went to the spot where you can name your own price and booked a room at the Hyatt Regency downtown for $70 per night.

You'll find the details on where to find the PPO tailgate in this thread, if you haven't already.

=Z=

SoCaliFans
10-07-2008, 11:38 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Questfor31" wrote:

You'll find the details on where to find the PPO tailgate in this thread, if you haven't already.

=Z=

Well, I guess I should start reading all 100+ posts then...

SoCaliFans
10-07-2008, 11:42 AM
"Questfor31" wrote:

Thank you for this!
Do you know if there are other Viking fans staying there?

Zeus
10-07-2008, 11:48 AM
"SoCaliFans" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Questfor31" wrote:

Yes, you should.
Get crackin'!

There's also a thread for each individual home game's tailgating, as well.

=Z=

SoCaliFans
10-07-2008, 12:56 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"SoCaliFans" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Questfor31" wrote:

Yes, you should.
Get crackin'!

=Z=

I tried to read and made it through 6 pages of Home Games and StubHub.
Then my ADD kicked in, hee hee.

Alrighty, let me look for a Cardinals thread then.. if there is one.

Zeus
10-07-2008, 01:04 PM
"SoCaliFans" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"SoCaliFans" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Questfor31" wrote:

Yes, you should.
Get crackin'!

I tried to read and made it through 6 pages of Home Games and StubHub.
Then my ADD kicked in, hee hee.

Alrighty, let me look for a Cardinals thread then.. if there is one.

There probably is not one for that game, since it's an away game.
Start it up!

=Z=