PDA

View Full Version : packer fans from the board, answer this......... or anyone

poult
12-22-2004, 04:21 AM
ok, im checking out todays sports page from the milwaukee journal sentinel, and they always have a call in poll for people. apparently yesterdays question was "what was worse, the darius hit on ferguson, or the sapp hit on clifton" 52.5% of the people that called in said the sapp hit was worse, even though it was legal.........

now im wondering what you pack fans with some sense (los) and the rest of you pack fans think about that poll. or vikes fans, i know sapp laid that guy out when he couldnt catch the guy with the ball, but it was legal..... that darius hit was just complete bullshit, he didnt go for the ball, he just tried to break his neck.

Packerguy
12-22-2004, 06:17 AM
"poult" wrote:

ok, im checking out todays sports page from the milwaukee journal sentinel, and they always have a call in poll for people. apparently yesterdays question was "what was worse, the darius hit on ferguson, or the sapp hit on clifton" 52.5% of the people that called in said the sapp hit was worse, even though it was legal.........

now im wondering what you pack fans with some sense (los) and the rest of you pack fans think about that poll. or vikes fans, i know sapp laid that guy out when he couldnt catch the guy with the ball, but it was legal..... that darius hit was just complete bullshit, he didnt go for the ball, he just tried to break his neck.

many were probably influenced by their dislike for sapp.

LosAngelis
12-22-2004, 11:05 AM
Hmmm...I was furious after the Sapp hit, also. maybe moreso because nothing was called on it. At least Darius was penalized, ejected, and fined. Sapp's hit, at least, was within the rules, and screwed up as they were. It was still low-class play, and its nice to CLifton still with our team and Sapp ejected to play for the Raiders.

If we ever play the Jags again, Darius is a marked man. Sapp always was.

XTAP59
12-22-2004, 12:41 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Hmmm...I was furious after the Sapp hit, also. maybe moreso because nothing was called on it. At least Darius was penalized, ejected, and fined. Sapp's hit, at least, was within the rules, and screwed up as they were. It was still low-class play, and its nice to CLifton still with our team and Sapp ejected to play for the Raiders.

If we ever play the Jags again, Darius is a marked man. Sapp always was.

What are you inferring here?
That it's OK to go after a player for a past infraction, legal or not?
Isn't that the same as the original hit?
I'm not condoning what sapp or Darius did, but to retaliate in such is actually worse. Its premeditated.
Ahh, football.