PDA

View Full Version : What if the Packers win?

bono
12-21-2004, 07:57 PM
It's clear that the packers are already in the playoffs. a win on Friday will simply give them the nfc north title. My question is this: if packers win, is there a chance the vikings can still make the playoffs? If so, what are the ways?
BonoSugaRay

triedandtruevikesfan
12-21-2004, 07:59 PM
I do believe that its still mathematically possible... it would then depend on us beating the redskins and I'm sure other teams losing... I haven't looked into it at because I'm ultra-confident that we're gonna give them a huge spanking on Friday

bono
12-21-2004, 08:02 PM
hey, if my boys (Packers) do win, you think us packer backers, and you vikings lovers can come to some even-kiel? Put our hatred aside?...for Christmas?

triedandtruevikesfan
12-21-2004, 08:14 PM
I highly doubt it... well... then again... if by some small chance we do lose... I'll be too busy drinking to care aboy packer fans

bono
12-21-2004, 08:16 PM
just don't drink and drive, man. Football's a game...it's fun. But, losing one's life due to a team not winning, isn't worth it.
Have a safe Christmas Eve!

Lyssabell
12-21-2004, 08:20 PM
the packers aren't going to win...i have no idea what you're talking about!

Packerguy
12-21-2004, 08:20 PM
I am not at all confident of the packers chances of winning. It would be great but the Packer defense is such a joke that I dont see how Moss wont catch at least 3 tds.
He was of course hurt last time they played.

Watching the packer defense just sucks the life out of me.

bono
12-21-2004, 08:24 PM
Lysabell,
i'm feelin' ya, kiddo. You are truly entitled to your own opinion. If you say the Packer will lose, fine, they will. And since I believe the Packers have just as much chance of winning, as the moon has of shinning, so be it!
May the "coldest" team win.

triedandtruevikesfan
12-21-2004, 08:36 PM
"bono" wrote:

just don't drink and drive, man. Football's a game...it's fun. But, losing one's life due to a team not winning, isn't worth it.

Being new I'll forgive ya for this comment... but two things...

1. Not a man...

2. I'm much to smart to do something as dumb as drinking and driving

bono
12-21-2004, 08:40 PM
no need to forgive. I pretty much call everyone online the male gender. nothing personal. And just so you know, even though it says that I became a member here a few days ago, it's not true. I use to post here a while, while back...ask any of the guys around here who now about Packers-Suck.com (e.g. The Game (if he's still around these woods) Austin (ditto), etc.) They all know who I am. I'm not knew here. Since i haven't been in here in such a long time, my account had to be reactivated...i was still in the system though.

Wyndy11
12-21-2004, 09:09 PM
"bono" wrote:

Lysabell,
i'm feelin' ya, kiddo. You are truly entitled to your own opinion. If you say the Packer will lose, fine, they will. And since I believe the Packers have just as much chance of winning, as the moon has of shinning, so be it!

I guess we'll find out on Friday won't we.

bono
12-21-2004, 09:10 PM
yes indeedy, my dear Wyndy!
Have a good one, lass!

eastcoastvikes
12-21-2004, 09:44 PM
Yeah the Vikings can still make it, only 3 teams can overtake them New Orleans, Carolina and St. Louis. This week if either ST Lou or Carolina loses the Vikes are in. Or next Week the Vikes win, or some other combo of losses puts them in... not that it matters because it will be taken care of on Friday Skol Vikes!!!

vikingsalltheway
12-21-2004, 10:30 PM
The slackers wont win this time. We will kick your ass.

rjkvikings
12-21-2004, 10:55 PM
IF the Packers win then we need to check to see if hell froze over!

Kleinsasser40
12-21-2004, 11:17 PM
to answer the original question, both teams are pretty much in the playoffs no matter what. In order to not get in the playoffs the Vikes would have to lose to both GB and Wash, and BOTH Carolina AND St.L would have to win BOTH of their remaining two games. Pretty much we need to lose out and two other teams above need to win out, so yeah, we are pretty much both in the playoffs.

St.L plays Philly then Jets, could lose both. Carolina plays New Orleans and Tampa, they could win out, but probibly not.

ultravikingfan
12-21-2004, 11:21 PM
"Packerguy" wrote:

I am not at all confident of the packers chances of winning. It would be great but the Packer defense is such a joke that I dont see how Moss wont catch at least 3 tds.

A lot of faith in your team, huh?

ultravikingfan
12-21-2004, 11:21 PM
"bono" wrote:

hey, if my boys (Packers) do win, you think us packer backers, and you vikings lovers can come to some even-kiel? Put our hatred aside?...for Christmas?

Never.

bono
12-21-2004, 11:42 PM
I appreciate your honesty, ultravikingfan. To be honest, I can't see myself rolling around in roses if my boys flop...too much to imbibe during this "season of giving." Speaking of giving, I pray that Favre doesn't go and "give" away scores by throwing INTs as oppose to TDs. Some one in here, earlier -in another post -stated something about if the Packers' defense allows the Vikings to score too many points too early, Favre will panic, think he's on his way to hell, start pumping way too much blood to his head, head towards the light, and start throwing the ball to pretty much anyone who's available ("if you're open, i'll find ya" -favre) for a catch. I know plenty of Vikings' defensive guys who'll be "open" any day for a catch.
[Earth to Favre: you're a gun-slinger; everybody knows this. Only "sling" to the boys in green/gold...leave the rest up to time and chance. And oh yeah, your o-line]

Packerguy
12-22-2004, 01:56 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Packerguy" wrote:

A lot of faith in your team, huh?

why would i have such confidence if the defense cannot stop anyone half the time. sure the packers have a chance but I am not going to get too excited just to be let down. They also do not have a good record at the dome.

ultravikingfan
12-22-2004, 04:48 AM
Your Defense can't stop anyone, have you seen the Vik's D this year? So, with that in mind, it should be a good game. Right? So, like a true fan of your team you should have the utmost confidence in them. I mean, isn't that what being a fan is all about. Oh yeah, we are going to crush you guys! Merry Christmas!

hawaiianvike21
12-22-2004, 05:53 AM
I wouldnt be so sure of crushing the pack, just remember how bad our d played against the lions and if that field goald wasnt botched and they won in overtime, im sure many of us would have a hard time seeing us win this weeks game. It GOING TO BE A CLOSE GAME GUARANTEED. I dont see no blowouts what so ever.

bleedpurple
12-22-2004, 02:54 PM
Only thing more sexxy than a shorty who loves football is a shorty who loves the VIkings!!!!

With that said...if we loose we need either carolina or stl to loose and we're in....which means that we will be in there...

I just hope we can get out of the first round...we have a way of playing to our competition...I'm scared of a team like NO or Carolina...but know we'd beat some team like the falcons or the eagles (WITHORWITHOUTTO)!!!

Del Rio
12-22-2004, 03:05 PM
NFC NORTH

GREEN BAY PACKERS

Green Bay has clinched playoff berth.

Green Bay can clinch division title with:

1) GB win

MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Minnesota can clinch division title with:

1) MIN win

Minnesota can clinch a playoff berth with:

1) MIN tie OR
2) STL loss or tie OR
3) CAR loss or tie

Panthers play TB and Rams play Eagles

McViking
12-22-2004, 06:49 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

"bono" wrote:

Being new I'll forgive ya for this comment... but two things...

1. Not a man...

2. I'm much to smart to do something as dumb as drinking and driving

What on earth makes you think she'd drive a car drunk? That's not a very nice thing to say...

bono
12-22-2004, 07:42 PM
McViking,
what are you talking about? What's wrong by reminding someone not to drink and drive? People around the world say that to people during holiday seasons, all the time. I wasn't trying to nip-n-tuck w/ HER. Relax!

Lyssabell
12-22-2004, 08:28 PM
"bono" wrote:

Lysabell,

Wait...you called me..."kiddo"? Just because I am under the age of 18 doesn't mean that I am going to be degraded to the title of "kiddo"...

bono
12-22-2004, 08:39 PM
lyssabell,
do get offended. I call many ppl "kiddo" as well as "lad" and "lass." Don't take it personal. I started calling ppl these names during my days in college at UW-Milwaukee, when I worked at a home for the aging: Luther Manor. Many elderly residents befriended me...told me great stories of their past...taught me a lot about the world, etc. There was one named Dean -an elderly woman, who sadly passed away a few years ago (you'll always be my sweetheart, Dean. You truly were the coolest and one of the most sweetest ppl I've ever knowned) -who used to always call me kiddo: "How ya doin', kiddo?" she's say "I don't like your hair that way, kiddo," "ha! looks cute, kiddo!", etc, etc. I got that from here. She used to call me kiddo all the time, even though I was a sheer adult...I didn't take it personal. I'm sorry if my calling you "kiddo" offended you. Sorry.