PDA

View Full Version : Ross is History

VikingsTw
12-21-2004, 05:09 PM
Ross has been cut, thank goodness, hopefully forever this time. Rushen Jones was resigned.

"We're very pleased to have Rushen back," coach Mike Tice said. "He brings a tremendous amount of character, a tremendous amount of effort, a tremendous amount of toughness to our football team."

parsongeorge
12-21-2004, 05:14 PM
I feel bad for ross

whackthepack
12-21-2004, 05:17 PM
Maybe if they bring Ross back for next years training camp. They need to work with him about keeping his hands off the receivers after 5 yards, and his covergae skills.

VikingsTw
12-21-2004, 05:21 PM
I dont know if i want to ever see him again. But for sure not this season.

kramer9guy
12-21-2004, 05:48 PM
Glad he's gone. Weren't we the 4th team to cut him? The guy stunk. I do not feel bad for him. Tice gave him more than enough chances to prove himself. He failed over and over. Rushen Jones has got to be an improvement over Ross.

Kleinsasser40
12-21-2004, 05:51 PM
Yeah, he had his chance. He lacked many things needed to play in the NFL. Genuine skill, discipline, field smarts etc... We would have been better off with Jones all season.

jackyl
12-21-2004, 06:02 PM
And people thought I was nuts for being against him from the beginning. :lol:

bleedpurple
12-21-2004, 06:05 PM
I hope the door don't hit him where the good lord split him....he was awful unfortunately

bleedpurple
12-21-2004, 06:17 PM
His confidence has got to be SHOT

HarrisonB57
12-21-2004, 06:22 PM
He was in only, what, maybe 5 times in the game. Each of those times he messed up. Ever since he got here he has done nothing but fill a roster spot. I have been unimpressed. Maybe if he does come back next year, he might be a little more mentally prepared.

HarrisonB57
12-21-2004, 06:23 PM
He was in only, what, maybe 5 times in the game. Each of those times he messed up. Ever since he got here he has done nothing but fill a roster spot. I have been unimpressed. Maybe if he does come back next year, he might be a little more mentally prepared.

hawaiianvike21
12-21-2004, 06:35 PM
You got a link for this? Dont see it posted anywhere. Just saw that maybe ross will get cut, but not proven.

triedandtruevikesfan
12-21-2004, 07:10 PM
THANK GOD!!! I absolutely hated him!! You never heard his name unless it was for something he f'd up!!!!

12-21-2004, 07:44 PM
"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

You got a link for this? Dont see it posted anywhere. Just saw that maybe ross will get cut, but not proven.

Here's where I went to confirm the info http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/transactions

Tuesday, December 21, 2004
Denver Broncos Signed G Tyson Clabo. Signed DT D.J. Renteria to the practice squad. Waived DT Darius Holland.
Minnesota Vikings Signed CB Rushen Jones. Released CB Derek Ross. Signed WR Lane Danielsen to the practice squad.

XTAP59
12-21-2004, 08:32 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

Ross has been cut, thank goodness, hopefully forever this time. Rushen Jones was resigned.

"We're very pleased to have Rushen back," coach Mike Tice said. "He brings a tremendous amount of character, a tremendous amount of effort, a tremendous amount of toughness to our football team."

What a load of crap from Tice.....
If this guy is so tremendous, why isn't he starting for another team right now?

Glad Ross is gone though. He was a real hindrince.

ADubya26
12-21-2004, 08:46 PM
Thank you GOD...could anyone be worse?

vking
12-21-2004, 08:49 PM
XTAP59, exactly. Tice is a joke. If he thought Jones was better why didn't he replace Ross a long time ago. The more Tice talks and throws flags and trys BS like this, the stupider he looks.

RK.
12-21-2004, 08:59 PM
XTAP59, exactly. Tice is a joke. If he thought Jones was better why didn't he replace Ross a long time ago. The more Tice talks and throws flags and trys BS like this, the stupider he looks.
Hey he just fired the guy. :P What do you want Tice to do kick Ross in the ass on the way out the door? :roll: Geeeze he is just trying to put a positive spin on it by talking about Jones coming in is all. Lighten up. :D

vking
12-21-2004, 10:40 PM
"RK" wrote:

Hey he just fired the guy. :P What do you want Tice to do kick Ross in the ass on the way out the door? :roll: Geeeze he is just trying to put a positive spin on it by talking about Jones coming in is all. Lighten up. :D

I couldn't care less about how they send Ross off or bring Jones in. The point is,if Tice had a better man available why didn't he get him earlier?

The spin- ya thats my point. Tice needs to quit acting like he's doing something to better the team when in fact he doesn't know if it will be an improvement. If he did, he would have done this 3 weeks ago. Unless, God forbid, he didn't have the teams best interest at heart. Can you see my point now? And if Tice is just trying to make a statement to the team of play or move on, well, the trouble lies far deeper than Ross. Personally, I'd lookat the safeties, to many guys in the middle of the field and no safeties making them pay. Lighten up- ya your right. I've got to quit taking Tice seriously.

skogs02
12-21-2004, 11:45 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

I dont know if i want to ever see him again. But for sure not this season.i want to see him again...in a packer jersey covering Moss :cheers:

Vikes
12-22-2004, 12:27 AM
"vikingstw" wrote:

Well don't feel too bad for him. Cut means the Vikes have to pay him his full contract. So he gets paid and does not have to work!!!!

VikingsTw
12-22-2004, 12:47 AM
The vikes released jones, because he was injured they have been waiting to resign him, this week he was off of waivers or whatever and available. They didnt hesitate to resign him. He must be doin something right, he's in the NFL.

XTAP59
12-22-2004, 08:57 AM
"vikingstw" wrote:

The vikes released jones, because he was injured they have been waiting to resign him, this week he was off of waivers or whatever and available. They didnt hesitate to resign him. He must be doin something right, he's in the NFL.

No doubt that he is doing something right because he is in the NFL. No dispute there. My problem was Tice using tremendous three times to describe Jones. How many times did Tice have to use tremendous to describe A. Winfield?

And yes he cleared waivers meaning no other team wanted him. Not one single team.