PDA

View Full Version : " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with triedandtruevikesfan ...



BadlandsVikings
03-16-2008, 02:42 PM
PP.O name: triedandtruevikesfan aka tnt
Real name: Jocelyn
Age: 26
Current City: Glen Ellyn, IL
Hometown: Princeton, MN
Occupation: wholesale travel agent


1) How did you choose your screen name?
I quite honestly have no idea, at first people thought I was an old guy that had been a fan of the team since always, hehe.... I probably should have picked something else, but I like being TNT :)

2) tnt, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?
I grew up mostly in the Princeton/Cambridge area in Minnesota, I lived in Braham for a couple of years.
Until recently I lived my whole life in Minnesota. I was a high school mistake, so my parents never were married.
My mom got married when I was like 2 and my dad a couple years later.
I have 3 half brothers and lived with mostly my mom.
I would go to my dads every other weekend.
I have a HUGE extended family, that is very close knit.
Family is crazy important to me, I don't get to see them nearly enough, but thats my own fault for leaving home!
My dad got divorced and remarried and gave me 2 stepsisters and a step brother, my stepsister gave me a beautiful neice about 3 years ago..... so yeah... thats my family.

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such? I was a good student up until my senior year.
I tried to do too much my senior year and burnt myself out.
The first semester I worked part time, went to college part time, and went to high school part time.
So I just kinda said F it the last semester and my grades took a huge dump.
I'm not very athletic, much to my dismay, so I didn't really participate in any sports.
Mostly just hung out with friends after school.

4) What did you do after High School?
I moved down to Mankato to go to college and ended up not actually going.
I regret it big time now.

5)What was your first job?
My first job was at Dairy Queen.
It was only open seasonally and I actually only worked there for a few months.
The owner was a real creap though and would only hire high school girls.
One night when it was me and my best friend working, he was shooting up an old freezer IN the store.
I quit the next day.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings?
I always remember being a fan of the Vikings.
My mom said that when I was 3 I asked her if everyone in Minnesota had to be a Viking fan, she said no, they didn't have to be, and I told her they were dumb if they weren't.
I got more into football around middle school, and around high school, was when I started becoming fanatical.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.
I met Cris Carter at my local walmart when I was in high school, I was so star struck that I didn't even want to go up to him.
He was super nice though, even though I'm sure he was bored outta his mind.
That was before the '98 season.

8}How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?
I was looking for Viking/Packer jokes and in my google search stumbled upon purplepride.
I saw an arguement about Daunte and had to chime in so I joined right away, this was in February, probably about 4 years ago.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?
Most just the Twins, I'll watch all football though.
I don't like any other football team other than the Vikings though... and NO I am not a Bears fan.

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
I'm pretty much a homebody, so I'm usually at home, watching tv, scrapbooking, or whatever.
i'm not very exciting.

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games?
I don't.
I have my getting ready ritual though.

12)Where do you watch away Vikings games?
I watch all games in front of the computer because most games aren't televised in chicago.
I really need to get to a game soon!

13)What is your worst fear?
SNAKES!!
OMG!
Its more like a phobia than a fear, its definitely not normal!

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
I recently got into scrapbooking, thats really my only hobby... the first page I made was of my first football game in 2003.

15) What’s your favorite food?
hmmmmm.... anything that has potatoes in it... mashed potatoes, french fries, whatever... love love love potatoes

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.
FL, CO, RI, MA, Canada, most of the east coast states I've at least driven through... I think Colorado is probably my favorite though.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
Travel more.
I'd love to get out of the US and see what the world has to offer.

18)If you could live anywhere where would it be?
Not really sure, every where has something wrong with it.
Other than Chicago being the home of the Bears, I mostly like it here.
I'll probably move back to Minnesota at some point though... maybe I'd like to live on an island... not really sure.

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?
Of course I think they will!
I think it every year!
I think I might cry.... then rub it in Lance's face that we FINALLY won a superbowl!

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?
Hanging out with Webby, Dave, and Shock.
We had some good times at champs... and of course the infamous night before a game a couple years ago.
We had waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much to drink and went to the game oh so drunk.
I broke a nail making a drink for webby, I puked all over Dave's bathroom, and me and webby ran through the sprinkler.
Good times.

cogitans
03-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Good read. I hope you do get to travel more soon, instead of just selling those packages. Perhaps even getting to Europe

Marrdro
03-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks for sharing young lady.

I half expected to see a new pic in there someplace.
;D

AngloVike
03-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Nice read and good to know we have suych a dedicated fan based in the Windy City
;D
Keep the Purple flag flying girl !

Zeus
03-17-2008, 08:12 AM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


[b]PP.O name: triedandtruevikesfan aka tnt


Great stuff, TNT!
Glad to read more about you!

=Z=

NodakPaul
03-17-2008, 08:42 AM
Awesome stuff TNT!
You need to make it back this season for a game and hit PP.O Tailgating!

PurpleTide
03-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Nice to read a little bit about you TNT. Thanks for sharing.

VikingMike
03-18-2008, 09:37 AM
My mom said that when I was 3 I asked her if everyone in Minnesota had to be a Viking fan, she said no, they didn't have to be, and I told her they were dumb if they weren't.

Kids say the darndest things. Nice to meet you Jocelyn. :)

pack93z
03-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Nice to read more about another member of the board.. I wonder when the next TNT drunk thread will hit the board..
:P

A viking fan and dating a Bears fan... seek help, the Green and Gold will be waiting,
;D

digital420
03-18-2008, 09:56 AM
if you wanna c island life.. u should come visit!!!

nice little read and insight to the other side of vikings fans!!

DiGiTaL

BloodyHorns82
03-18-2008, 10:27 AM
Nice read!



My first job was at Dairy Queen.
It was only open seasonally and I actually only worked there for a few months.
The owner was a real creap though and would only hire high school girls.


I think all Dairy Queens used to only hire highschool girls.
The one in my hometown was exactly like that and even to this day it seems to be mostly high school girls no matter which location you visit.

triedandtruevikesfan
03-18-2008, 10:20 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


Thanks for sharing young lady.

I half expected to see a new pic in there someplace.

;D


I'm sorry to dissappoint.

However, I will be going to Hawaii in September... so maybe... just maybe..... some wishes will come true.

cajunvike
03-18-2008, 10:30 PM
17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
Travel more.
I'd love to get out of the US and see what the world has to offer.

IRONIC, ain't it???
LOL

I sure hope that you DO get to travel more.

BadlandsVikings
03-18-2008, 10:31 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:


17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
Travel more.
I'd love to get out of the US and see what the world has to offer.

IRONIC, ain't it???
LOL

I sure hope that you DO get to travel more.


when are you going to send me your interview?

triedandtruevikesfan
03-18-2008, 10:34 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:


17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
Travel more.
I'd love to get out of the US and see what the world has to offer.

IRONIC, ain't it???
LOL

I sure hope that you DO get to travel more.


I know... I send people every day on amazing vacations... Hawaii will be my first real vacation in a couple of years.

Marrdro
03-20-2008, 10:29 AM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


Thanks for sharing young lady.

I half expected to see a new pic in there someplace.

;D


I'm sorry to dissappoint.

However, I will be going to Hawaii in September... so maybe... just maybe..... some wishes will come true.

Now your just teasing.
;D

AngloVike
03-20-2008, 10:34 AM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"cajunvike" wrote:


17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
Travel more.
I'd love to get out of the US and see what the world has to offer.

IRONIC, ain't it???
LOL

I sure hope that you DO get to travel more.


when are you going to send me your interview?

you mean you're waiting on him ??
damn was sure that anything that promoted him would have been
filled and returned within minutes
;D

pack93z
03-20-2008, 10:38 AM
"AngloVike" wrote:


you mean you're waiting on him ??
damn was sure that anything that promoted him would have been
filled and returned within minutes
;D


Quality rip on the PPO lawyer.. well done.

BadlandsVikings
03-20-2008, 03:21 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:


"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"cajunvike" wrote:


17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
Travel more.
I'd love to get out of the US and see what the world has to offer.

IRONIC, ain't it???
LOL

I sure hope that you DO get to travel more.


when are you going to send me your interview?

you mean you're waiting on him ??
damn was sure that anything that promoted him would have been
filled and returned within minutes
;D


Maybe he's shyer than we thought
:P

Prophet
03-21-2008, 07:36 AM
Go TNT!
You didn't even mention your love for the golden shower.

singersp
03-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Nice read TNT! Thanx!

I must say though, that I was very disappointed that there wasn't a nice pic of you included. It should be mandatory in these interviews so we have a name to go with the face.

The only ones I remember seeing you in are this one & the one of you in the sweater that Shock has from a few years back.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/TNT-1.jpg

singersp
03-21-2008, 11:19 AM
"TNT" wrote:



11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games?

I don't.
I have my getting ready ritual though.



Does it involve "The Captain"?

triedandtruevikesfan
03-21-2008, 11:33 AM
I honestly have no new pictures!
the last picture I have was from the superbowl last year.
And there's no way I'm posting a picture of me surrounded by bears fans... I get ridiculed enough!

Its so weird to look at that picture of Lance... he looks so different now.... its crazy.

singersp
03-21-2008, 11:42 AM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:


I honestly have no new pictures!
the last picture I have was from the superbowl last year.
And there's no way I'm posting a picture of me surrounded by bears fans... I get ridiculed enough!

Its so weird to look at that picture of Lance... he looks so different now.... its crazy.


Well, re-post the one of you in that picture with the PP.O gang. That is definitely a great pic of you.

Marrdro
03-21-2008, 11:48 AM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:


I honestly have no new pictures!
the last picture I have was from the superbowl last year.
And there's no way I'm posting a picture of me surrounded by bears fans... I get ridiculed enough!

Its so weird to look at that picture of Lance... he looks so different now.... its crazy.

Quit trying to change the subject.......

I am currently in standby mode for some HI pics that include you and your bikini. Of course Lance is optional.
;D

triedandtruevikesfan
03-21-2008, 11:51 AM
well hawaii doesn't happen until september!!

Hold on I'll post some other pictures....

singersp
03-21-2008, 11:52 AM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:


well hawaii doesn't happen until september!!

Hold on I'll post some other pictures....


8)

Thanx TNT. Looking forward to it.

I was going to go get some work done, but now I'm glued to my 22" monitor in anticipation.

triedandtruevikesfan
03-21-2008, 11:55 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:


well hawaii doesn't happen until september!!

Hold on I'll post some other pictures....


8)

Thanx TNT. Looking forward to it.

I was going to go get some work done, but now I'm glued to my 22" monitor in anticipation.


:-[ I can't get into photobucket at work

singersp
03-21-2008, 12:04 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:


well hawaii doesn't happen until september!!

Hold on I'll post some other pictures....


8)

Thanx TNT. Looking forward to it.

I was going to go get some work done, but now I'm glued to my 22" monitor in anticipation.


:-[ I can't get into photobucket at work


http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/sad/051.gif

marstc09
03-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Cris Carter in Wal-Mart?!
:o

That is funny my girlfriends name is Jocelyn and she spells it the same. Most do not spell it that way.

PacNWVike
03-21-2008, 12:13 PM
great read TNT!
Hope to meet you during my annual pilgrimage to the frozen tundra.

triedandtruevikesfan
03-21-2008, 12:31 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


Cris Carter in Wal-Mart?!
:o

That is funny my girlfriends name is Jocelyn and she spells it the same. Most do not spell it that way.


Most?
How many Jocelyn's have you met?

marstc09
03-22-2008, 10:21 AM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


Cris Carter in Wal-Mart?!
:o

That is funny my girlfriends name is Jocelyn and she spells it the same. Most do not spell it that way.


Most?
How many Jocelyn's have you met?




LOL too many!

V4L
03-22-2008, 10:30 AM
I love TNT

triedandtruevikesfan
03-22-2008, 11:54 AM
here you go singer, they're old, but....

me and chuck foreman

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/tntvikesfan/Picture002.jpg

me and my little brother before a game..

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/tntvikesfan/JocelynsPictures061.jpg

me

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/tntvikesfan/JocelynsPictures519.jpg

me and my family

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/tntvikesfan/JocelynsPictures532.jpg

marstc09
03-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Nice Bears hat!

triedandtruevikesfan
03-22-2008, 12:01 PM
hahaha... everyone knows I'm with a bears fan :P

skum
03-22-2008, 12:03 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:


hahaha... everyone knows I'm with a bears fan :P


Haha, convert him.. Get rrrrr done

singersp
03-22-2008, 12:04 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:


here you go singer, they're old, but....

me and chuck foreman

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/tntvikesfan/Picture002.jpg

me and my little brother before a game..

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/tntvikesfan/JocelynsPictures061.jpg

me

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/tntvikesfan/JocelynsPictures519.jpg

me and my family

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/tntvikesfan/JocelynsPictures532.jpg


Thanx TNT. Finally some good pics of you.

But your little brother doesn't look so little in that pic next to you.

Where did you meet Chuck? Every time I met him it aws either at a Walmart store or at Training Camp.

Was it at the PP.O gathering Jackyl arranged that I missed?

triedandtruevikesfan
03-22-2008, 12:11 PM
yep that was when I met him singer... although I met him at walmart too!
The same walmart where I met cris carter!

davike
03-22-2008, 12:16 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:


yep that was when I met him singer... although I met him at walmart too!
The same walmart where I met cris carter!


Your so lucky! If there was one football player I would like to meet, it would be Cris Carter. Always wanted to.


I have never met a NFL player, closest I have come to it, is emailing back and forth with some of the Vikings players.

triedandtruevikesfan
03-22-2008, 12:19 PM
"davike" wrote:


"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:


yep that was when I met him singer... although I met him at walmart too!
The same walmart where I met cris carter!


Your so lucky! If there was one football player I would like to meet, it would be Cris Carter. Always wanted to.


I have never met a NFL player, closest I have come to it, is emailing back and forth with some of the Vikings players.


Mine would be the old #93, Randall is my favorite viking of all time (along with Moe Williams)

marstc09
03-22-2008, 12:29 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:


yep that was when I met him singer... although I met him at walmart too!
The same walmart where I met cris carter!


What is up with these guys shopping at Wal-Mart?

triedandtruevikesfan
03-22-2008, 12:31 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:


yep that was when I met him singer... although I met him at walmart too!
The same walmart where I met cris carter!


What is up with these guys shopping at Wal-Mart?


lol... they weren't shopping, they were signing autographs.

marstc09
03-22-2008, 12:32 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:


yep that was when I met him singer... although I met him at walmart too!
The same walmart where I met cris carter!


What is up with these guys shopping at Wal-Mart?


lol... they weren't shopping, they were signing autographs.


Oh ok... what the hell are they doing signing in Wal-Mart?

singersp
03-22-2008, 01:02 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:


yep that was when I met him singer... although I met him at walmart too!
The same walmart where I met cris carter!


What is up with these guys shopping at Wal-Mart?


lol... they weren't shopping, they were signing autographs.


Oh ok... what the hell are they doing signing in Wal-Mart?


Chuck Foreman donate a lot of his time doing charity work. One of those charities in women's breast cancer. Chuck goes around to many Walmarts throughout the state & has autograpgh
sessions where the proceeds go to charity.

He's been in the Winona Walmart where I live at least 3 times so far.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/CF3.jpg

V4L
03-22-2008, 01:08 PM
I love Chuck Foreman

litlharsh
03-22-2008, 01:16 PM
haha TNT is that 85D?

cogitans
03-22-2008, 02:48 PM
"litlharsh" wrote:


haha TNT is that 85D?
No that's just our TNT

Marrdro
03-23-2008, 07:20 AM
Thanks TNT.
Killer smile.

Now we want to see this in a bikini.
;D
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/tntvikesfan/JocelynsPictures519.jpg

singersp
03-23-2008, 08:59 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


Thanks TNT.
Killer smile.

Now we want to see this in a bikini.
;D
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/tntvikesfan/JocelynsPictures519.jpg


I don't need to see her in a bikini. IMO she'd look great wearing nothing at all.
8)

x-ray jeff
03-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Kudos to you TNT. As one of the only female Vikings fans on the site, you get a lot of ribbing. Thanks for sharing and here's hoping the Vikings win one soon so you can rub it in good to all the Bears fans like they have since '85. I sure will.

triedandtruevikesfan
03-24-2008, 10:40 AM
"litlharsh" wrote:


haha TNT is that 85D?



It is... hehe

singersp
03-24-2008, 09:14 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:


"litlharsh" wrote:


haha TNT is that 85D?


It is... hehe


??? They offer up no explanation though.
:-

triedandtruevikesfan
03-25-2008, 10:12 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:


"litlharsh" wrote:


haha TNT is that 85D?


It is... hehe


??? They offer up no explanation though.
:-\


Lance is a member of another board that both harsh and I are on.

singersp
03-25-2008, 07:09 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:


"litlharsh" wrote:


haha TNT is that 85D?


It is... hehe


??? They offer up no explanation though.
:-\


Lance is a member of another board that both harsh and I are on.


Does the 85D have any significance to anything, say an apartment number or the size of his man-boobs?

triedandtruevikesfan
03-26-2008, 11:20 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:


"litlharsh" wrote:


haha TNT is that 85D?


It is... hehe


??? They offer up no explanation though.
:-\


Lance is a member of another board that both harsh and I are on.


Does the 85D have any significance to anything, say an apartment number or the size of his man-boobs?


'85 Defense

shockzilla
08-25-2008, 05:13 PM
I can't believe I never commented in this thread, girl!? Nice to see some more pics of you. Where those taken recently?

Edit: January of 2007 - that's almost two years ago! We need newer ones!

triedandtruevikesfan
08-25-2008, 05:20 PM
LOL... I don't have any recent ones.
I only get new pictures when I'm at home.
Lance and I never take pictures for some reason.

Vikefan05
08-25-2008, 05:39 PM
last one I saw had something to do with a Bears jersey ;)

shockzilla
08-25-2008, 05:44 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

LOL... I don't have any recent ones.
I only get new pictures when I'm at home.
Lance and I never take pictures for some reason.

It's probably because he doesn't want to share your hotness with the rest of the public!
;D

triedandtruevikesfan
08-25-2008, 05:49 PM
LOL!!
I'm sure thats not why.

Formo
08-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Well now..
I've heard alot about this mythical 'TNT' chica..
and now I finally see your 'Who are they really' thread!

Great read, awesome getting to know you!

I was one of those people who thought you were an old, fat guy..
Like singer..
=P