PDA

View Full Version : What Running Back should start against the Packers?

briboy75
12-21-2004, 01:24 AM
Personally I'd like to see Bennett. I think he can take advantage of his speed in the dome. Use SOD to keep Bennett fresh. Oh, and Moe in short yardage situations, or course.

briboy75
12-21-2004, 01:26 AM
Damn, I thought I added Moore to the pole too. Opps! Doesn't look like I can edit it.

VikingsTw
12-21-2004, 01:28 AM
My vote went to bennett, we opened up holes against the lions and we cant do against the packers. Bennett has a history of playing well against the packers. We need to continue to use bennett on screens, if green bay starts to blitz, start using the screens.

Bennetts speed on the turf gets me pretty pumped. If all else fails try to get something going with O Smith.

casper
12-21-2004, 01:29 AM
maybe All the above

8) The team needs everyone who can play to play :scratch: and to play like it means everything which it should :shock:

cajunvike
12-21-2004, 01:49 AM
"casper" wrote:

maybe All the above

8) The team needs everyone who can play to play :scratch: and to play like it means everything which it should :shock:

I am with you, casper, on this...whoever can get the ball downfield is who should play. We need long TD drives (no FGs) and for the defense to shut down the Packer offense. Simple as that!

ADubya26
12-21-2004, 01:59 AM
Onterrio should start and Moe should get a good amount of touches...both of these guys can get the extra yard at the end that we need. We should use Bennett for screens and we should have him out in a wide receiver set too.

ItalianStallion
12-21-2004, 11:17 AM
Probably Onterrio should start.

magicci
12-21-2004, 01:20 PM
yeah about the turf remember we upgraded our field so where not playing on carpeted cement

vikoles
12-21-2004, 01:29 PM
What about OJ yeah Simpson! Uh oh! :)

VikingsTw
12-21-2004, 01:31 PM
Maybe thats a good thing, last year when we played the pack, Green tore us up bad, i remeber his running was pure on that turf. Our guys couldnt even get a hand on him.

VKG4LFE
12-21-2004, 01:46 PM
I don't think we should only have Bennett in on screens, I think that might tip the defense off a little bit. Personally I would rather see Smith in there, but only Tice knows who's going to be starting. Moe definitely on goal line situations. Bennett really scares me, especially after he fumbled that damn ball inside the 20! I think my heart just got back down where it belongs, instead of in my throat!

deviking
12-21-2004, 01:49 PM
I think Bennett needs a chance to have a little more rythme then he can get back up to speed.

VikingsTw
12-21-2004, 01:58 PM
Its very unusual for bennett to fumble the ball it takes alot to get the ball from his hands, if you watch the replay you will see how hard the ball was hit while it was in his hands, i'm sure any of our RB's would have fumbled that ball. That was a perfect hit by that Defensive player on the lions. Bennetts not the type to fumble on a week hit or just letting it slip through his hands.

VKG4LFE
12-21-2004, 02:00 PM
No he just fumbles inside the red zone all the time (ie Oakland last year). He'll be fine, but I just worry. I actually worry everytime one of our guys get hit!!

XTAP59
12-21-2004, 02:01 PM
Smith. Better all around. He puts the offense in better 2nd and 3rd down scenario's than Bennett does.

bleedpurple
12-21-2004, 02:06 PM
Bennett should start...Bennett will start! Tice said he looks like the old mike bennett and I think he did against detroit also....He should start and onterio should be a change of pace...plus onterio is a little banged up so he might not be the guy...I think moore should get some more carries too....He's healthy and did you see him on those kick-offs? he breaks tackles like Iverson breaks ankles......

akavikefan1969
12-21-2004, 02:30 PM
Voted Bennett, would have voted Moore had he been on the list.
The kid looks like he could bre another Chuck Foreman to me.

vikoles
12-21-2004, 02:32 PM
What about this! Let s run a "full house" backfield! The ole strait tee or Power I look I LIKE! :)

bleedpurple
12-21-2004, 06:26 PM
How about start no backs....

just kidding

Kleinsasser40
12-21-2004, 06:49 PM
I want to see the SoD start on Friday. The Pack has some problems finishing tackles just like we do, having him start will only worsen their problems. Bennett can't break a tackle worth sh*t. He will fall down if someone jsut steps near him. We need consistancy, not one big run.

mvikes84
12-21-2004, 09:57 PM
SPEED KILLS! Go with Bennett. The opposing defense has to respect Mike's speed. That could pave the way for some big plays downfield with Moss and company.

snowinapril
12-22-2004, 01:07 AM
I was surprised they opened the game against the lions with Bennett in the backfield.

He impressed my with the way he got throught the line a couple of times. He just squirted through, I thought he was stopped.

The more Moss stretches the field, the more Bennett will be affective with his speed.

I like our team without egos. I hope that we play well as a team and I hope we find the right combinations. I like our triple and quadruple threats.

We can invent a new backfield, called the goal post, with 4 backs in the backfield. OK, that was my idiot comment of the day.

I am out of here.

ultravikingfan
12-22-2004, 11:12 AM
There are obviously benefits for both backs. I think Smith, but if we can get Bennett to have a good game, TRADE BAIT! That will up his value for sure.

Nice OJ comment vikoles (worst poll starter ever) :bootyshake:

HarrisonB57
12-22-2004, 11:44 AM
I say when the game is on the line, give it to moe. I really don't care who starts as long as we actually run him.

UTVikfan
12-22-2004, 02:14 PM
I bet our RBBC folks don't really care either. Use 'em all. I would trade O. Smith before Bennett, but that is just me. I have heard that people take time coming off a knee (like James), and I bet that is so with Bennett. He showed some of what he had last game. Hope he busts loose this game. If they don't respect him, they will after this game. If they do respect him, the recievers are gonna have FUN.

mvikes84
12-24-2004, 11:27 PM
Looks like Bennett answered the question against the Pack. He is so explosive!! They better do what they need to do to get this guy signed to a new contract. He frightens the opposing defense with that blazing speed of his!