PDA

View Full Version : What a Man

casper
12-21-2004, 01:08 AM
I think the first line say it all, My hats off to Nate :thumbleft:

Stepping up and nearly out: Despite a broken nose and finger, and a separated shoulder, Vikings receiver Nate Burleson led all receivers with five catches for 134 yards and two touchdowns.

Burleson blew past cornerback Andre Goodman in the first quarter for a 36-yard score on third down, and he caught a pass in the middle of the field and danced along the left sideline to score a 37-yarder in the fourth.

On the latter play, safety Brock Marion shoved him near the 12-yard line, but Burleson maintained his balance and barely got into the end zone.

"I thought I might have stepped out," Burleson said. "But I wasn't sure until the refs made a call."

:shock:

this was written by:
http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/10456676.htm?1c

VikingsTw
12-21-2004, 01:13 AM
NATE'S the man, he's something else. Evertime he gets in the open field he exites me, his speed is WAY better than i thought it was, hes got great elusivness and he stopped dropping passes. Props to nate keep it buddy!

ADubya26
12-21-2004, 02:10 AM
I love Nate..he should be a Vike for his career beside Moss...he reminds me of CC a little and he has the heart of a champion also. Do you guys know when Nate replaced Robinson as the #2 WR?

hawaiianvike21
12-21-2004, 04:45 AM
Nate has surely outplayed m-rob. M-rob really hasnt performed the past few weeks while burleson continues to play well on a consistent basis. However i still think we need him as the third wideout and have someone else be the second wideout. He would be open a lot of the time when hes the third and not the second for some reason.

McViking
12-21-2004, 07:23 AM
"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

Nate has surely outplayed m-rob. M-rob really hasnt performed the past few weeks while burleson continues to play well on a consistent basis. However i still think we need him as the third wideout and have someone else be the second wideout. He would be open a lot of the time when hes the third and not the second for some reason.

Have him in the slot and get him the ball early. Gives him a chance to make some moves

vikoles
12-21-2004, 08:53 AM
Been very very productive as of late but the jury is stilll out on him as far as I am concerned! Just my honest opinion, I am coming to like him! Can he become and or shine like a Carolina "Steve Smith" the rest of the way? Get us to the Super Bowl?

DoubleDown11
12-21-2004, 09:44 AM
Nate is the man, how about when he helped Moe into the endzone late in the game!

I was never a fan of M-Rob, Burleson is a Solid #2 WR!

wv__viking__fan
12-21-2004, 10:16 AM
Nate has stepped it up. The plus side to this is he is only going to get better. He is still young and learning. I look for good things from Nate for years to come. Way to go #81.

Viking_Spirit
12-21-2004, 10:19 AM
Skol Nate.